Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Not trying to take away from your accomplishment of the DC 42 with temps up to 47 and Spell Penetration of 29 as that is not effected by what level you go into a quest or what creature you are casting against...

But I think our "futurama" pic poster was pointing out that the CR of the Elite Barbazu Shock Troopers looks like an 18.

I took the picture myself and sharpened it (love graphical art tools) and it looks a lot like an 18 and not the 20/25/30 expected for an Epic Monster. You were making an argument about Sorcerer's being able to CC in Epic, and by "appearance" it looks like you used a non-epic to prove your point.

Again it really does not matter as you have proven you do have the capability to reach the high DC and Spell Pen. However, when trying to prove points it detracts from the message if your evidence seems to indicate something else.

Again I applaud you for your accomplishment of getting the DC and Spell pen that would make you a viable option for CC even in tough Epics.

It's also amazing how during the time when letter writing was the norm (Before Email) written/type word was misinterpreted less often - of course that may have more to do with people having a better insight in who is relaying the message or could it be that with Email and Forums we are losing are ability to convey the intended message?

So... I see posts about "this melee worked really hard and did this one thing" and everyone says "yay you're awesome, good job". But when a caster posts something that they have worked hard to achieve most comments are negative about it...

Gratz on the DC/spell pen. Now hurry and TR into a wizard so everyone will stop complaining about your sorc post :P

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by iRjagular View Post
    This is why I normally don't post on the forums. People like to find everything that's wrong with your post and reply with negative comments that defeat the purpose of the post. sigh.

Yes, obviously this is not the norm for sorcs. Yes, 5 DCs are temporary and not easy to get or maintain. Yes, I have lots of epic and uber gear that I spent a lot of time farming that a lot of people don't have.

That's not the point.

I merely wanted to explore the limits of sorc CC and show what is possible. My snarky comment about "sorc haters" and wizzy lfms was just that... a snarky comment.
    I know a few sorcs who have the same or higher DCs like you do. Some are built for instakills, and nukes, less are built for cc, but this is personal preference. My view is why cc when you can destroy, but each to their own.

Once the core community gets to know you, it dont matter what you play, it s how you play, what you bring to the table.

Anyway nice stats, grats. Why drow?
    ~~~ R E V E N A N T S ~~~
    Ayspam Life #27/27(Completionist Sorc), Aycare Life #10/10(Evoker FvS), Ayplink Life #22/22(Completionist to be decided), Aygo Life #14/14(Helvesbarian)

good job but you should never count this ****.

+4 Abishai cookies
    +2 Supreme Ability store pots (I got mine from Taj the egg collector)
    +3 House D Alchemical pots
    AoK Merlocke (Sorc, Heroic/Epic Completionist x3) Merloc (Balttle Cleric)

Community Member TheHolyDarkness's Avatar

House D pots? Christmas event cookies? Pssh. This DC is not routinely sustainable. :P

My sorc's breakdown is similar to yours. Difference is that I'm still a first lifer on a +3 tome. So in all honesty I inform groups that my DC is 40-42 based on Yugo and Store Pots.

~Normal Mode~

~Potion Mode~

In both theory and practice, these two types of pots can be maintained in ample supply year round, so they somewhat count. I still believe in full disclosure however. Hence why display my DC as a range centered around those particular buffs, and whether its worth chugging them.

All other sources of stat boosting is just...welp, theory.

I mean, I could fetch them myself, but...nah, I'm not going into eChrono claiming a 45ish DC. I mean, really? Are there not better things to do with one's time than grind out an stash of House D potions large enough to bear significance?

I estimate your real DC is something along 42-44. Am I correct?

All the same, well done. Its rare to find a kindred quality sorcerer in the arts of enchantment.

~TheHolyDarkness Out~
    Last edited by TheHolyDarkness; 03-23-2012 at 03:03 AM.
    "A man can remake the entire world, if he has a dream and no facts to cloud his mind."

Quote Originally Posted by ayspam View Post
    I know a few sorcs who have the same or higher DCs like you do. Some are built for instakills, and nukes, less are built for cc, but this is personal preference. My view is why cc when you can destroy, but each to their own.

Once the core community gets to know you, it dont matter what you play, it s how you play, what you bring to the table.

Anyway nice stats, grats. Why drow?
    ^ this
    Zerg of Thelanis

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123