Community Member

Default so these supertanks?

hia

i'm nearly finished building a viable epic thief as my guild was without one and i started pondering what to do next

ive been seeing a few LFMs up for a "super tank" (ok there Elob LFMs).
    how exactly does one go about building a supertank?
    are they AC focused? hate tanks? just a sink of HP and healing amp to pore heal scrolls into?

please, someone enlighten me

800+ HP, 200%+ incoming divine healing, 20% or more physical DR, and one of the defensive stances (+Con and +threat).

Can be done with or without AC depending upon your preference.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member

A good tank for epic LoB:

Should have experience(Know what to do and when to do it)!! Could have 800+ hp(The more the better), good healing amplification(like +10, +20 and +30) and intimidate of 81+.

You also need to be able to hit the boss most of the time, so you keep aggro from the group.

Preferably you want 2 of these tanks to be able to switch aggro when the mournland buffs stacks to high.

AC doesnt matter unless you can get your modified AC to above 107.

Experience is the biggest part in this. You can go with less hp, less healing amp if you have other players who can support it. Also intimidate isn't absolutely needed, but it helps to recover from bad situations.

My tank Morkass(L 20 Fighter) has 1000+ hp, Healing amb of: 10(ship)+10(dragontouched)+10(Fleshmaker neclace)+20(Tod Ring)+20(half elf) +20(Monk dilettante)+30(gloves of the claw) and an intimidate of 81+

I usally adjust my equipment for whatever boss I tank.

You can find some really nice tank builds in the Melee section, for example one by Sirgog:
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=355893

Its an AC build tank, but for epic lob you can always adjust some items if you cant reach the AC.

Community Member

bah while I was typing sirgog beat me in the reply and I even had his tank thread quoted :P

82+ intimidate can help too
    On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero
    Yes, i'm french and i do eat frogs alive, so don't mess with me when i'm hungry
    Argonessen FTW : Leelith ~ Bagdad Cafe ~ Lipp Stick ~ Peroxy Acetone

Quote Originally Posted by Eldried View Post
    A good tank for epic LoB:

Should have experience(Know what to do and when to do it)!! Could have 800+ hp(The more the better), good healing amplification(like +10, +20 and +30) and intimidate of 81+.

You also need to be able to hit the boss most of the time, so you keep aggro from the group.

Preferably you want 2 of these tanks to be able to switch aggro when the mournland buffs stacks to high.

AC doesnt matter unless you can get your modified AC to above 107.

Experience is the biggest part in this. You can go with less hp, less healing amp if you have other players who can support it. Also intimidate isn't absolutely needed, but it helps to recover from bad situations.

My tank Morkass(L 20 Fighter) has 1000+ hp, Healing amb of: 10(ship)+10(dragontouched)+10(Fleshmaker neclace)+20(Tod Ring)+20(half elf) +20(Monk dilettante)+30(gloves of the claw) and an intimidate of 81+

I usally adjust my equipment for whatever boss I tank.

You can find some really nice tank builds in the Melee section, for example one by Sirgog:
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=355893

Its an AC build tank, but for epic lob you can always adjust some items if you cant reach the AC.
    If you are dumping AC, just drop the AC feats and AC only gear (Combat Expertise, Dodge, Mobility, maybe Fighter active PL, Bracers of Wind, Dodge 2 goggles, Epic Seal of the Earth) for more HP increasing options (Toughness feats, Epic Bracers of the Claw, +4 to-hit LGAS crafted goggles, etc).
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member

thanks guys. thats exactly the kind of info i was after

it would appear that building a supertank would be a bit of a streatch for my guild curently.
    would still be a nice project for the future

let us see what lvl 25 brings

Hero

Paladin suitable for tanking eLOB: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=345344
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Community Member

LMAO, i just found that build and came back to this thred to ask about it.

seems like somehing my guild could put togeher
    thanks for the heads up

Community Member

seriously considering a dark knight build now.
    starting a 36 point build from scratch, so 3 lives.
    barb
    cleric
    dark knight pally.

this would mean poring all my resources into a single and new toon, so i'm definitely interested in some feedback on my little plot

my logic for the life order and selection is as follows, please feel free to shoot holes in it (just offer a solution )

1st life barb
    it's the class i want to play the least
    taking it 1st so i can start it at level 7
    likely to be an instant TR, as soon as i have enough shards for a LIT2 grate axe and the conc-opp HP item

Reasoning for barb life;
    +10 hp from passive past life
    +2 to Intimidate from active past life (think i loose 2 HP taking PLF instead of toughness)

Goals;
    get to 20
    get the shards

2nd life cleric (melee splash)
    the farming life

Reasoning for Cleric life.
    Easy to get into raids
    easy to solo ADQ (torc)
    easy to get into epics
    extra turn undead

Goals;
    all the gear i didn't get on barb life (rather allot)
    - keep ADQ on timer for torc
    - Minimum of 20 shroud completions (essence of cleansing)

I have made 2 hp tanks aiming for epic content (elob) etc..
    18ftr/2monk helf stalwart http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=355427
    and 18pal/2monk helf dos http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...43#post4318743
    Both can tank through elob succesfully but have diferrent advantages and disadvantages

The ftr is a beast hittin 1200 hp buffed ,82 intim,212%amp,Hate Stance+shield+Fang+circle+sdtodset+claw+obsession.
    Easy to play, wont lose agro,high dps even thf,evades on elite but wont save all on epic and easy to heal. But xept heal scrolls and sf pots dependable on healers.

The pally/monk is 1050 hp buffed,82 intim,206%amp,hate Stance+shield+circle+dosset+claw+obsesion+div.righ t
    This build is Sole survivor type.. will evade everything since reaches 62/50/46 saves.Crafted bastard swords or templars retribution.Have reliable self healing ability.
    Boosts his hate higher than the ftr but he lacks on dps compared to him ..since no thf feat line (not enough feats)..
    and needs more work to play since u have to keep your buffs active (zeal,div favor,div right,etc).

Have equipped both toons with 3item abi,claw set,2gs,tod set,circle,brawns spirit..(and dps mode equipement ofc).
    hittin 46 str ,40/42 con.

Both builds are fun to play u can tank everything with a semicapable healer or even bard,arti wateva healing ya..
    Officer of Eternal Infinity-Thelanis
    ~~~Visit it if interested for recruiting~~~EE Solos And More (Photo Album)~~~EE Soloing Pale Master (Forums)~~~
    Characters active atm .. Shadowaras (Completionist. Project/fs),Shadowaris(Wiz),Shadowares(Pal),Sworrn (Ftr),Nemmesis(Mnk) and Trickzster(Art)