Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 59
  1. #1
    Community Member Thebeest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    224

    Default Pre-Purchase Figurine Abilities?

    ok, have the figurine, know it is a lvl 20 fighter hireling.

    question is, has anyone else noticed it has some sort of instakill (slay living?) ability?

    I noticed in mindsunder on archers mostly that every once in a while the panther will hit them, do some damage and then they just die, even when have majority of hp left.
    Occam's Razor - Thelanis
    TheBeest (TR 20 Paladin) -TheBeestlost (WF Wiz) -TheBeestwon (20 TR Human Sorc) -TheBeastI (Helf FVS) - TheBeastII (23 WF FVS) - TheBeestDad (20 Artificer) - TheBeats (20 Bard Virtuoso)

  2. #2
    Founder Kylstrem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    2,264

    Default

    Appears they have Manslayer ability. Check your combat logs.

  3. #3
    Community Member Thebeest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    224

    Default

    yeah, that could be (manslayer) as there is no graphic that ive seen.

    so, as another question, if you were marketing for ddo and had this new cool product you were trying to sell, wouldn't you tell everyone about it?

    how many more people would buy the collector edition if they knew the figurine had this ability?
    Occam's Razor - Thelanis
    TheBeest (TR 20 Paladin) -TheBeestlost (WF Wiz) -TheBeestwon (20 TR Human Sorc) -TheBeastI (Helf FVS) - TheBeastII (23 WF FVS) - TheBeestDad (20 Artificer) - TheBeats (20 Bard Virtuoso)

  4. #4
    Community Member Combat_Wombat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thebeest View Post
    yeah, that could be (manslayer) as there is no graphic that ive seen.

    so, as another question, if you were marketing for ddo and had this new cool product you were trying to sell, wouldn't you tell everyone about it?

    how many more people would buy the collector edition if they knew the figurine had this ability?
    If they advertised it then it would be that much harder to nerf it once they have everyones money. Might as well let people start threads about it themselves and have plausible deniability later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Ultimately you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it be a good player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant
    Please don't make posts like this, thanks.
    You can give a man fire and he will be warm for a day, but set him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

  5. #5
    Community Member MnaSidhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    no longer reading the forums
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Haven't had a chance to try mine out yet - not yet L18.

    How do they work? Are they like summons or like hirelings?
    No longer reading the Forums.

  6. #6
    Community Member Thebeest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    224

    Default

    they are a hireling, takes a group spot.
    Occam's Razor - Thelanis
    TheBeest (TR 20 Paladin) -TheBeestlost (WF Wiz) -TheBeestwon (20 TR Human Sorc) -TheBeastI (Helf FVS) - TheBeastII (23 WF FVS) - TheBeestDad (20 Artificer) - TheBeats (20 Bard Virtuoso)

  7. #7
    The Hatchery danotmano1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The rainy side of earth
    Posts
    4,199

    Default

    They're a permanent hireling, basically.
    Gold seal, from what I can tell.

    They're actually pretty handy and have a decent level of survivability!
    I was pleasantly surprised when I summoned mine in the level 23 challenges and it held it's own for the most part.

    And yes, you can have more than one in the party. Get three people together with one of these each, and you have a full group!
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In a box.
    Posts
    2,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kylstrem View Post
    Appears they have Manslayer ability. Check your combat logs.
    I take it that's not the gender-opposite of "ladykiller"?

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,739

    Default

    They are gold seal in that you can summon other gold seal or one non-gold seal at the same time.

    They're level 20 but can be summoned at level 18 - be careful not to nerf your xp in quests level 17 and below (or with level 16 and below toons in the group).

    They're as dumb as your typical hires meaning they'll do things like take a lava bath while guarding the top in Time is Money.

    They do have the 5 minute resummon cooldown.

    As I've seen mentioned in other threads they are very handy for resetting instances as long as you're at over 5 min's per run.
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

  10. #10
    Community Member Shallowain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Abilities I have noticed:

    DR breaker, seems to have aligned and metaline properties as well as slash and piecing damge, no idea if also blunt, haven't run it against skellies yet.

    Vorpal like instakill, which as effect is called manslayer but works definitely on non humanoids as well (constructs in house C)

    An untyped damage effect that is probably bleed

    Harmstring

    I think it has sunder

    If I am not mistaken evasion.

    Also it has a rather good AC, the golems in the cannith manufactury were struggling to hit it in a 6 man group.

    and I think it has at least moderate if not heavy fortification, have yet to see something crit it

    It definitely seems to have some stat gear, since bears/bulls don't affect it. I don't know if it has elemntal resists but I wouldn't be surprised.


    All in all, that cat is the best melee Hire in the game and the first one who is actually useful.

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shallowain View Post
    Abilities I have noticed:

    DR breaker, seems to have aligned and metaline properties as well as slash and piecing damge, no idea if also blunt, haven't run it against skellies yet.

    Vorpal like instakill, which as effect is called manslayer but works definitely on non humanoids as well (constructs in house C)

    An untyped damage effect that is probably bleed

    Harmstring

    I think it has sunder

    If I am not mistaken evasion.

    Also it has a rather good AC, the golems in the cannith manufactury were struggling to hit it in a 6 man group.

    and I think it has at least moderate if not heavy fortification, have yet to see something crit it

    It definitely seems to have some stat gear, since bears/bulls don't affect it. I don't know if it has elemntal resists but I wouldn't be surprised.


    All in all, that cat is the best melee Hire in the game and the first one who is actually useful.
    This. Take it into epics and be ready to be shocked at how much better it is than your run of the mill PUGer. Seriously. The wife and I have been duoing eDA with them and completeing with almost no serious resources, and the daily epics are a breeze. Just pull up two normal hirelings (I go with the bard that can rage and haste, the wife takes Caraneth, but really any hireling), these two cats, and ourselves and win.

  12. #12

    Default

    The Onyx Panther is a level 20 fighter.
    In all respects, it is treated as a Gold Seal hireling, except that the contract (the figurine used to summon it) has an unlimited duration.
    The figurine can be stored in a Hireling Contract Folder.

    The Onyx Panther (or Battle Cat, as we like to call it) has, among other effects, Manslayer (vorpal vs. Humanoids), Improved Destruction, and Tendon Slice 10%.

    Because, really, how could we make a giant panther and not give it Manslayer?
    It was too awesome an opportunity to pass up.

  13. #13
    Community Member oberon131313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ghallanda
    Posts
    2,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    The Onyx Panther is a level 20 fighter.
    In all respects, it is treated as a Gold Seal hireling, except that the contract (the figurine used to summon it) has an unlimited duration.
    The figurine can be stored in a Hireling Contract Folder.

    The Onyx Panther (or Battle Cat, as we like to call it) has, among other effects, Manslayer (vorpal vs. Humanoids), Improved Destruction, and Tendon Slice 10%.

    Because, really, how could we make a giant panther and not give it Manslayer?
    It was too awesome an opportunity to pass up.
    I'm pleasantly surprised at the Manslayer, tbh.
    Epic Destiny Planner - http://ddodestiny.info
    Adumbrate, Sienn, Selket, Synaxis, Ognwe-, Halpin, Sivva, Bigstick, Jemus, Colichemarde
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga
    His pant muscles aren't as big as ours...

  14. #14
    The Hatchery danotmano1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The rainy side of earth
    Posts
    4,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    The Onyx Panther is a level 20 fighter.
    In all respects, it is treated as a Gold Seal hireling, except that the contract (the figurine used to summon it) has an unlimited duration.
    The figurine can be stored in a Hireling Contract Folder.

    The Onyx Panther (or Battle Cat, as we like to call it) has, among other effects, Manslayer (vorpal vs. Humanoids), Improved Destruction, and Tendon Slice 10%.

    Because, really, how could we make a giant panther and not give it Manslayer?
    It was too awesome an opportunity to pass up.
    This was one of the most pleasant surprises in the deal.
    I fully expected the cat to be another nearly worthless, witless, con dumped toy that was only barely usable.

    So, here's an attaboy for making this powerful enough to be actually useful!


    (As an aside, has anyone seen a difference with the augment summon ability?)
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

  15. #15
    Community Member Gareth_Valinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Cannith
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by feather_of_sun View Post
    because, really, how could we make a giant panther and not give it maneater?
    it was too awesome an opportunity to pass up.
    ftfy
    Quote Originally Posted by Junts View Post
    I do not suck at DDO

  16. #16
    Community Member Cauthey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Orien, and sometimes Thelanis.
    Posts
    3,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Because, really, how could we make a giant panther and not give it Manslayer?
    Ooooh! Say it again!
    PLEASE FIX LAG. PLEASE FIX BUGS.

  17. #17
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    This was one of the most pleasant surprises in the deal.
    I fully expected the cat to be another nearly worthless, witless, con dumped toy that was only barely usable.

    So, here's an attaboy for making this powerful enough to be actually useful!


    (As an aside, has anyone seen a difference with the augment summon ability?)
    ys, the cat has 700 hp with augment summoning

  18. #18
    Community Member twigzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    779

    Default

    On my arti I'll summon both dog and cat. Cat owns dog! It's actually pretty tough and must have a good ac. Took both into DD and at the end fight the dog got smashed and the cat lasted till fight was done with around 500hp left.

  19. #19
    Community Member In_Like_Flynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    2,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twigzz View Post
    On my arti I'll summon both dog and cat. Cat owns dog! It's actually pretty tough and must have a good ac. Took both into DD and at the end fight the dog got smashed and the cat lasted till fight was done with around 500hp left.
    At least the Battle Cat never stops fighting. The Dog fights for a while then just quits and floats above the ground like a Protoss Observer.
    <°)))>< O l d T i m e r s ' G u i l d ><(((°>
    H a r a j u k u - H o o l o o v o o - V e x x y
    <°)))><
    G h a l l a n d a ><(((°>

  20. #20
    2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,659

    Default

    Battlecat is cool.. noticed the destruction, manslayer & tendon slice as i was using him, plus he seems to hit pretty hard by himself.

    augment summon makes a noticeable difference on him, & he takes instruction well... lotta fun
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload