Thread: Of all the....

Default Of all the....

Releases this one has to be in the top 3 and its not fully released yet.

• The Content was well thought out.
    • The visual is outstanding in urltra high mode
    • The Weapons are good enough to enjoy not over powering
    • New Armor and Shilds are always welcome.

Nice work Team DDO....

I thought of something that could sell in the DDO Store:

Rent-a-Toon: Pre-Rolled characters that are fully equiped different levels. The only thing you can buy for it is pots, wands, scrolls which go away when your time is up. All Loot would be able to go in a special rental bag that is bound to account and would go to your bank when time has expired.

Why?????

I know thats the question;

1. You could always help a guildee those times you don't have anything in their level range.
    2. I believe people would try them just to check out stats and get a feel, if they are new to the game.

I could make stuff up all day but I know they are my reasons which kinda makes it selfish. Lets hear what others have to say, we all have opinons.

***NOTE: You could even put them all in one guild... The Stormreach Rental Birgade.... Hey you could even make the naming of the guild a contest.

When I push the Submit New Thread Button in DDO Forums, I know the risks I accept the fact rid·i·cule is a moment away and yet I still push the D*A*M* thing.
    Last edited by WASNTME; 03-04-2012 at 11:35 PM.
    Taming The Shrew
    /Darksmoothie/Flyguy/Smoothtalker/Wasntme/
    Shyilo Rapid Fire/Smoothforged/Manndingo

Not to be a downer but the whole 'Why?????' thing needs a little perspective. I don't see any upside of the reasons you posted that could balance the fiascos and shennaigans that implanting such an idea would invite.

bitkaCK2
    "That's right, remember there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over..." ~ Heavenly Bank Account by Frank Zappa
    "Your 'Gin n' tonic Futon Brain' cyborg implants sure make you smart!" ~ Seraphita, Element of Fire

I don't get it
    Omnipresence, Ghallanda
    Trellon // Trelala

Quote Originally Posted by sheepface View Post
    I don't get it
    He's proposing something along the lines of fully playable hirelings so if you don't have a character lvl 6-9 and want to help/run with friends, you can "rent" a character in that range to play.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye." - Miss Piggy
    Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back.~ Cpt. Mal Reynolds
    ~Peechie Keene~ THAC0

Community Member

PnP has this in a number of places. I like it.

The devs could just make hirelings playable, not even do any extra dev. as far as the characters go.

An idea.

Not especially for or against, but I do hate when the guild is all on toons at a different range than I have and I don't get to run.

We always seem to be leveling TRs at a different rate (the wife and me) from the rest of the guild.

Quote Originally Posted by cpito View Post
    He's proposing something along the lines of fully playable hirelings so if you don't have a character lvl 6-9 and want to help/run with friends, you can "rent" a character in that range to play.
    But the rent-a-toon will have followed the mechanic path and dumped con.
    Completionist Lighthardtt Tuisian of Sarlona
    leader, Bridge Burners

"Just another day in pair-o'-dice"

Quote Originally Posted by madmaxhunter View Post
    But the rent-a-toon will have followed the mechanic path and dumped con.
    Think of the challenge though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    I just don't think it's right to make fun of DDO's NPCs. Infractions for everyone!