Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Community Member ppsm09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Roanoke, VA, USA
    Posts
    115

    Default 40 Character Slots

    Hey all! So I'm minding my own business, having a conversation with a friend while I'm favor grinding on a new banker toon, when I accidentally sent a mistell to general chat about how my friend should go vip, how I maxed out my character slots to 40 (including the free slots provided by being vip) etc etc and yada so on and so forth. Now, I responded to my mistell by the typical '/general mt', but I was immediately called out by an elitest butt pirate. He started bashing me, saying I'm full of it, he's been here since beta, blah blah blah. I get it dude, you're uber. You're awesome. No other player in the game is like you. *Snort* Anywho, here's a screen shot to prove to you that *GASP* you're not always right. That is all.

    Last edited by ppsm09; 03-04-2012 at 04:09 AM.

  2. #2
    Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    7,870

    Default

    *cough*
    Last edited by wax_on_wax_off; 03-04-2012 at 04:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

  3. #3
    Community Member ppsm09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Roanoke, VA, USA
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Fixed*

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ppsm09 View Post
    Hey all! So I'm minding my own business, having a conversation with a friend while I'm favor grinding on a new banker toon, when I accidentally sent a mistell to general chat about how my friend should go vip, how I maxed out my character slots to 40 (including the free slots provided by being vip) etc etc and yada so on and so forth. Now, I responded to my mistell by the typical '/general mt', but I was immediately called out by an elitest butt pirate. He started bashing me, saying I'm full of it, he's been here since beta, blah blah blah. I get it dude, you're uber. You're awesome. No other player in the game is like you. *Snort* Anywho, here's a screen shot to prove to you that *GASP* you're not always right. That is all.


    I hate elitist butt pirates! :O
    Female long time player from the states, currently residing on Argonessen.. Proud co-leader of Claddagh.

  5. #5
    The Hatchery stoerm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mercedesbinns07 View Post
    I hate elitist butt pirates! :O
    Yeah, every other butt pirate feels like a number two because of them.
    Praise the Dark Six and pass the heals to pure melees.
    Full feat tree; Cannith; change; merger; evil; win; minmaxing; FotM; deja vu; Kobolds.
    Dungeons and Dragons Online ~ Nude Song and Gnarled Onions

  6. #6
    Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council
    Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Moosehead Lake
    Posts
    23,524

    Default

    meh who cares as long as you know the truth just squelch the moron and go on as to 40 slots umm just wow.

    The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

  7. #7
    Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    7,870

    Default

    We'd sit you down to confront your altohism but you'd outnumber us!
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

  8. #8
    Community Member Culver.Civello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    928

    Default

    I thought I had a lot of alts. O.o Jeez...

    How do you find the time? XD Unless you just have a lot of low level bank toons? XD

    Lost Legions of Sarlona................................. Tyrs Paladium of Ghallanda
    Kobay . Kobai . Artisti . Kobot . Ezike . Dynic.......................... Ezike . Kobai
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    I knew i should have actually tested this.

  9. #9
    Founder & Hero cdbd3rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Escaping Mizzery in the Tavern Attic.
    Posts
    23,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Culver.Civello View Post
    I thought I had a lot of alts. O.o Jeez...

    Ditto. My ~60 across all servers pales to insignificance.

    Betting OP does well on Lotteries, tho, as long as most of those chars are being seen by MyDDO.


    edit:


    ...but I'm smelling something fishy, and ex- is across town so I know that's not it.

    OP's MyDDO (char list and activity) seems to be coming up way short on characters... Am feeling shenaniganed.
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 03-04-2012 at 06:09 AM.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual


  10. #10
    Community Member ppsm09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Roanoke, VA, USA
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Ditto. My ~60 across all servers pales to insignificance.

    Betting OP does well on Lotteries, tho, as long as most of those chars are being seen by MyDDO.
    Well, I started out on the Thelanis server a couple years ago, and when Wayfinder opened I jumped at the chance, since I'm in the process of learning German. I transferred my toons, and now I only play on this server... and love it! So even though I have 40 slots, I have only one toon on Thelanis now, and I think one on Khyber and Sarlona, favor runners. Anywho, out of my toons, only 3 are bankers, four are name holders of toons I'm going to be rolling up here soon now that I've pre-ordered the collector's expansion, and the rest are play toons. I've got only a couple high levels, and the rest of the play toons are scattered around the level ranges so I can pretty much have a toon for any group that pops up, as well as being able to help all level guildies. It works out rather well. And then, of course, my main, who's going to be my completionist, who's only on -sad face- fourth TR atm... Lol!

    But don't worry about being outnumbered. My toons' personalities are more diverse than the verbal expressions the challenge kobolds have. They couldn't agree on the proper way to breathe air, let alone mount a resistance to your intervention... ^_^

    And yeah, lotteries are... well, having this many toons isn't an exploit, thank the gods! But 31 birthday cakes, 25 of which got turned into tomes which got turned into 9 purified dragonshard essences each which all went to my crafter, that was awesome! ^_^

  11. #11
    Community Member Zonixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    696

    Default

    Ew you use open office.
    If you are reading this, that probably means I am broadcasting live @ http://www.twitch.tv/ZonixxTV

  12. #12
    Community Member Quarterling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In your pocket
    Posts
    1,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zonixx View Post
    Ew you use open office.
    I'm more worried about him using Internet Explorer, but at least he has Chrome as well.
    Have you ever wanted to create your own customized user interface skins for DDO?
    Click this sentence for a tutorial learning how, an easy-to-follow video guide.

  13. #13
    Community Member ppsm09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Roanoke, VA, USA
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Ew you use open office.
    __________________
    Zonix // Zonixx // Zonnix // Zzonix

    Quote Originally Posted by Quarterling View Post
    I'm more worried about him using Internet Explorer, but at least he has Chrome as well.
    Actually, I don't use Open Office. I had a friend who dated a chick who wrote a book about how to use Open Office, so I had to show my support for said friend's choice in women.

    And I also don't use Internet Explorer. It's not even updated. Guildportal was having an issue where the entire screen would turn blue rather than displaying all the guild info... in Chrome. I needed I.E. to view the homepage, for a short period of time. But now that you've pointed it out, I've removed the icon. My screen is so much prettier now! ^_^

  14. #14
    Community Member Cyiwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Here I thought this was going to be a complaint of why we're limited to 40 character slots. It's easy to accumulate over time when you keep thinking of new builds to try.

  15. #15
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,168

    Default

    Yup I maxed out my premium slots to 34 and used em all (including 5 mules). What am I gonna do when Druid comes out - I needs moar slots.

    I has a lvl4, lvl5, lvl6, lvl7, 2xlvl8, lvl9, 4xlvl10, 5xlvl11, 4xlvl12, lvl13, 2xlvl14, 2xlvl15, lvl16, lvl18, lvl19 and lvl20. But I needs druids - probably several. Unless they increase the amount of slots i can have I'll need to delete mules and that means I need to get rid of all the useless gear I am hoarding. I can't do it I needs all my stuff AND all my toons.

    I has a sad.

  16. #16
    Community Member ppsm09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Roanoke, VA, USA
    Posts
    115

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by donblas View Post
    Yup I maxed out my premium slots to 34 and used em all (including 5 mules). What am I gonna do when Druid comes out - I needs moar slots.

    I has a lvl4, lvl5, lvl6, lvl7, 2xlvl8, lvl9, 4xlvl10, 5xlvl11, 4xlvl12, lvl13, 2xlvl14, 2xlvl15, lvl16, lvl18, lvl19 and lvl20. But I needs druids - probably several. Unless they increase the amount of slots i can have I'll need to delete mules and that means I need to get rid of all the useless gear I am hoarding. I can't do it I needs all my stuff AND all my toons.

    I has a sad.
    Well, I can suggest this - and ofc, I don't work for Turbine, so this isn't a solicitation, but... - you could always go VIP. Free monthly points, access to almost everything, but most importantly, extra character slots... ^_^ A lot of people give me **** about being VIP rather than Premium, since you can favor run and buy everything. Think there's even a thread on how to do it fast, too. But imo, I love this game. That's why I'm here, that's why I play, so to me - and my wife, who also plays - it's not even a question as to whether we should support the game financially. Without money, they couldn't make new stuff. Or even stay open for an extended period of time. Granted, I got the biggest discount they offer on VIP, the hundred bucks for twelve months, lol! But hey, we each support in our own ways, ya know? Oh! Plus extra character slots!!! I has a

  17. #17

    Default

    See, I got 16 character slots and I only have 4 capped toons and a TR I am working on.. plus like 7 alts. As excited as I was about rolling an artificer, she's still only 11, several months later. I just want my fricken druid already. I know with my druid, I can cap her as easily as my bard... whom I plan to TR in the near future. Heh. Anyway, those 40 slots come in handy when it comes to making name holders for toons that you want to roll later. I mean, I wanted the name Jessica SO fricken bad, but there's still a level 1 fighter with that name... Meh. I got Jessicah and Jessika, though.
    Female long time player from the states, currently residing on Argonessen.. Proud co-leader of Claddagh.

  18. #18
    Community Member Rumbaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    4,377

    Default

    Interesting that it's been stated by Turbine as 30 max for so long. I wonder what the criteria is these days.
    Leader - Ωmega Syndicate [L41] guild of Khyber|Orien - www.os.rumbaar.net
    Khyber - Eldraine - Monk | Eldaline - Favored Soul | Eldnuker - Sorcerer
    █████ - Eldalorne - Wizard | Elarawr - Fighter | Eldrainge - Ranger/Rogue

  19. #19
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    9,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rumbaar View Post
    Interesting that it's been stated by Turbine as 30 max for so long. I wonder what the criteria is these days.
    It's 30 extra, store bought, slots. Plus whatever your account type gives you.

  20. #20
    Community Member ppsm09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Roanoke, VA, USA
    Posts
    115

    Default Size Increase!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    It's 30 extra, store bought, slots. Plus whatever your account type gives you.
    Whelp, I'm up to 44 character slots as a VIP now. ***, my condition is getting worse! Altitis is becoming Chronic Altoholic Disease! HELPS ME!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload