Community Member

Default Dynamic Consistent Group - Thelanis

It seems the most fun I have had in this game has always been when I know I have a few people I play with on a regular basis. I am looking for that again.

I use dynamic instead of static because I think a good group may keep the same people playing but it is never static but always changing. People grow, characters grow, quests change, dynamic but consistent.

I want to create a group that is well rounded and self sufficient. A group that is flawed and dependent. A group in which the whole is only whole because of its parts and succeeds because each gear is there to help them work.

So here is my idea of the six.

The fighter. (Fighter, Barbarian, Paladin, Monk)
    The healer. (Cleric, Favored Soul, Bard)
    The trapper. (Rogue, Articifer, Ranger)
    The buffer. (Mage, Sorcerer, Cleric, Favored Soul, Bard)
    The mage. (Mage, Sorcerer)
    The undead bane. (Paladin, Cleric, Favored Soul)
    Other depending if a class is filling more than one role (buffer for example) - Anything but notably Ranger fills this well.

Though my dream group? Fighter, Paladin, Cleric, ArchMage, Bard and Rogue. That has always felt "classic" to me but the roles Are more important than the class in my honest opinion.

When to play:
    I would like to see 2-3 days a week in the evenings during the week. 7 to midnight is available to me but I would think it would be 9-11 most likely to best accommodate both coasts.

Gear:
    Keep it to what we can find and from the marketplace vendors. I don't mind running quests multiple times so that people can get things that they want, but I do not want to turn this into a gear grind kind of party. What we find is for us, not always alts. Having said that, I think everybody getting the gear they would like should be fairly straight forward.

Guild:
    I think it would be neat to have our own little guild but this is something that I think is pretty open to the group to decide. When I played pen and paper, rarely was everybody from the same guild. There was a thieves guild that the rogue belonged to, an academia where the mage studied, our lady of propetual motion where the cleric and paladin were raised and the fighter was formed on the field of battle in some remote land.

My main argument against is the ship buffs. I like the idea of depending on each other rather than ship buffs. But like I said, I'm pretty flexible on this.

Roleplaying:
    Completely optional. This isn't so much about the roleplaying aspect as the comradery that comes with playing with the same people. I have found that people will eventually fall into roleplaying their guys but don't feel like you need to do so.

If you want to find me in Thelanis, look for Trapalicous.

Thanks
    Last edited by mathrin; 03-02-2012 at 02:51 PM.