Coalescence Chamber - (Coal Chamber)

Ritual Sacrifice and Let Sleeping Dust Lie...not sure of those 2

...that's all I have time for
    Ritual Sacrifice is a rock band
    http://us.myspace.com/ritualsacrifice1
    -=]ArchAngels[=-

Quote Originally Posted by Phemt81 View Post
    Just remembered another!

"Cuor rosso" (italian language) the skeleton from searing heights (iirc) actually means "red heart"
    Yes, and in the same wilderness, "Giallo" means "Yellow" (and for a strange tradition, it also means "detective story").

I can't remember many other italian references.
    --

That the sky exists, although our place is hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Morningfrost View Post
    Dannato (the special collector that gives inflict potion to pale masters) = damned, condemned

Then you have Brother Salasso (boss of the Bloody Crypt that took out his own hearth to avoid being killed), Salasso in italian means leeching the blood. It was an old medical practice used in treating someone poisoned or with blood diseases by removing the infected blood, a lot of infected blood.

His buddy in Cursed Crypt is Brother Maldetto ... Maldetto = Maledetto = Cursed

A lot of undead are named in italian ... but i assure you we're still alive here

(Oh found a not-undead reference! In the Orchard there is a named fire elemental: Firenze, that's Florence a city in Italy, but i think you have Florence somewhere in the USA too)

Quote Originally Posted by delsoboss View Post
    (Oh found a not-undead reference! In the Orchard there is a named fire elemental: Firenze, that's Florence a city in Italy, but i think you have Florence somewhere in the USA too)
    Oh yeah, forgot that one.
    --

That the sky exists, although our place is hell.

Default I took a break to see if someone was going to post it.

In "Made to Order" the doors have the Aztec Calendar on them . . .

You know this one, I was going to take a Screen Shot but deleted the game weeks ago.

Farm Epic Elite Chests by yourself.
    Hide of Goristro ~5 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNIwV...ature=youtu.be
    Spider Silk & Stone Heart ~2 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSABE...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by delsoboss View Post

Ezio Auditore da Firenze
    Farm Epic Elite Chests by yourself.
    Hide of Goristro ~5 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNIwV...ature=youtu.be
    Spider Silk & Stone Heart ~2 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSABE...ature=youtu.be

Phemt81 Just remembered another!

"Cuor rosso" (italian language) the skeleton from searing heights (iirc) actually means "red heart"
    +
    Quote Originally Posted by Morningfrost View Post
    Yes, and in the same wilderness, "Giallo" means "Yellow" (and for a strange tradition, it also means "detective story").

Cuore Giallo Rosso are three words of the anthem of Rome Football club (It say "Noi c'avemo il core grosso mezzo giallo e mezzo rosso" where core= cuore in Roma's dialect and the translation is "Our heart is big, half yellow and half red") and that team have them as its social's colors.
    I'm from Rome so it was easy for me to recognize (Even if I support Milan Inter Football club :P) !!!
    And usually Rome's supporter refeer to their selves saying they got it.
    Cuore Giallo Rosso in english is translated "Red-Yellow Hearth".
    This is long way more than a coincidence since the 2 named are 1 two feets away from the other!!!

Originally Posted by furbyoats View Post
    Obviously the vale quests are named after songs/bands:

Rainbow in the Dark - Dio
    Running with the Devils - Van Halen
    Coalescence Chamber - (Coal Chamber)

Ritual Sacrifice and Let Sleeping Dust Lie...not sure of those 2

...that's all I have time for
    From ddowiki : "Let Sleeping Dust Lie" is a bit more obscure but most likely a reference to a track
    from Michael Schenker Group's 1981 album "MSG".
    The track is Let sleeping dog's lie... who got 2 reference in the game ("If u're careful you can catch up Roderic Nettle and still let sleeping dogs lie!!" from the snitch )
    Last edited by Nephilia; 12-13-2012 at 07:12 AM.
    ALL HAIL TO ITS SQUISHY-MAJESTY SIR KNORR, LORD OF OOZES AND MASTER OF SLIME
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=386688

Surprised no one mentioned the Firefly / Serenity references. Collector in the Harbor named "Wash", and the minotaur in House D named "Gorram"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilia View Post
    +

Cuore Giallo Rosso are three words of the anthem of Rome Football club (It say "Noi c'avemo il core grosso mezzo giallo e mezzo rosso" where core= cuore in Roma's dialect and the translation is "Our heart is big, half yellow and half red") and that team have them as its social's colors.
    I'm from Rome so it was easy for me to recognize (Even if I support Milan Inter Football club :P) !!!
    This is long way more than a coincidence since the 2 named are 1 two feets away from the other!!!

From ddowiki : "Let Sleeping Dust Lie" is a bit more obscure but most likely a reference to a track
    The track is Let sleeping dog's lie... who got 2 reference in the game ("If u're careful you can catch up Roderic Nettle and still let sleeping dogs lie!!" from the snitch )
    I also saw a tip once, in the loading screen, if I'm not mistaken, that read "It is best to let sleeping dragons lie."

Hmmmm.noone has mentioned one of the door passwords at the Riddle quest?Friend and Enter?the moment i saw it the fellowship came to my mind.
    Eleven Supernova's

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilia View Post
    +

Let Sleeping Dust Lie is likely a reference to the rock song, because it fits with the theme of the rest of the vale quests, but the 2nd reference is most definitely NOT. The phrase (proverb, actually) to let sleeping dogs lie was around at least as long ago as 1374, when Chaucer wrote that particular phrase in "Troylus and Crisedye", and would thus not be a reference to anything in particular but rather just a normal usage of an old, old proverb/phrase.

Just thought of a new one: Malchor's Undersun Goggles, as in Malchor Harpell. Anyone who has read a few Drizzt novels (specifically The Starless Night) can tell you the significance of that. (the Harpell family crafted Cattie-Brie an amulet that allowed her, as a human, to see in the inky blackness of the Underdark as well as a drow.)
    Last edited by AegonTargaryen; 12-23-2012 at 06:17 AM.
    "Greet miles of trials with smiles. It riles them that you perceive the webs they weave" -Roger Daltrey Logenn/Masticus/Tyrione/Kemosabi/Warrforgery/
    Mechanically Synergia - Argonnessen

Haven't scanned the whole thread yet : in Doctor Rushmore, the assassin's house is called assassin's crib.
    Succubus pretty ... too bad she try to kill us
    Lewela FvS (5th life)-Aezechiel Sorc (3rd life)-Usuldur Monk (5th life)-Larsenkarden Cleric (2nd life)-Punkcanard Eva-Artie (2nd life)-Kakophonyc Virtuoso/Fighter
    Le Dernier Chapitre ///// Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by yibble View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned, but a quick search yielded no results.

In the Detour quest in the High Road of Shadows pack, one of the optional named enemies will say, "Oh no, not again!" when killed. This is a reference to Agrajag from "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy", commonly known from his incarnation as a bowl of petunias.
    Also said by zombies in Black loch when killed. Pretty sure there is another undead who says so - in necro 2 or 3.
    Succubus pretty ... too bad she try to kill us
    Lewela FvS (5th life)-Aezechiel Sorc (3rd life)-Usuldur Monk (5th life)-Larsenkarden Cleric (2nd life)-Punkcanard Eva-Artie (2nd life)-Kakophonyc Virtuoso/Fighter
    Le Dernier Chapitre ///// Argonnessen

Community Member Sunarch_Kunari's Avatar

The guy who passes out tickets in the Eveningstar Midwinter Festival is named Brace Bullhorns. ^^

(for if you don't understand)
    Khorgain (Orien) - Nearc (Orien) - Sunarch (Khyber)
    Quote Originally Posted by danzig138 View Post
    I want a small planetary system orbiting around my cranium.
    Quote Originally Posted by fco-karatekid View Post
    Congratulations, you made a high priestess into a heretic - here's your XP.

The Hatchery

Default High Road

The Spider of Unusual Size rare would appear to be a take-off on the Rodents Of Unusual Size from The Princess Bride.

-Shin
    Anyone know of an easy way to make cool signatures? Cause this one really sucks!

Community Member Sunarch_Kunari's Avatar

The fire reaver rare in the high road, the merchant says "Oh no, my cabbages!" or something similar. Reference to Avatar: the Last Airbender!

Khorgain (Orien) - Nearc (Orien) - Sunarch (Khyber)
    Quote Originally Posted by danzig138 View Post
    I want a small planetary system orbiting around my cranium.
    Quote Originally Posted by fco-karatekid View Post
    Congratulations, you made a high priestess into a heretic - here's your XP.

In Siegebreaker, sometimes you get a rare orc cook by the second area named Skinny. If you kill him, and set all tents in fire, a Medusa appears and say "looks like we'll need another Skinny!"
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

The Titan names Ronny and Margie from the Master Artificer must denote something - Ronald Reagan and Margaret Thatcher perchance?
    ͡ᵢᵥ
    ֖ ֥ You have angered many opponents, and your enemies have been alerted to the presence of your trolling.
     ͜‴

Default sort of

The ENGINES of the airships look and perhaps more importantly SOUND like the ENTERPRISE of Star Trek!

Great homage!
    Thanks guys for putting that in the game!

NOW CAN I CHANGE IT PURPLE?
    The One True Fighter/Wizard Father of the Alliance General Orcneas of ORC

http://darkside.guildportal.com http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=174849

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 LastLast