Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Pretty cool this thread is still going and that there are more Easter Eggs still being placed into the game.

Thanks to everyone that's participated and continues to participate. Sorry I didn't summarize everything in the first post, but I think it'd end up being a page's worth by now.
    Dec 21, 2011: Regarding signature errors like the one to the left:
    Quote Originally Posted by droipamine View Post
    I imagine we'll be looking at this very soon.

Not sure if this was mentioned before: the quest Storm the Beaches might be inspired by D day; assaulting a heavily fortified beach, defended by artillery (ballistas), and if you take the teleport option there are miss drops everywhere.

Community Member

In Stopping the Sauhagin, there's a line by the WarForged, where he warns, "There will be...trouble." A reference to RoboCop.

Another RoboCop reference, in the Cannith Manufactury, where the golem says "You have ten seconds to comply."

Quote Originally Posted by grgurius View Post
    Not sure if this was mentioned before: the quest Storm the Beaches might be inspired by D day; assaulting a heavily fortified beach, defended by artillery (ballistas), and if you take the teleport option there are miss drops everywhere.
    I always thought of this quest as this:

(I get to be Gregory Peck o/c )

BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps I won't cop to.

In one of the Sands quests (Chamber of Kourush?), one of the rare optionals is a gnoll packmaster.

Ruu-Ooru.

As in *assumes Scooby voice* "Ruu-Ooru, Raggy!"

Similarly, a gnoll aeromancer in Chamber of Rahmat is Oneeou..."OH NO!"

And a rare in the Sands explorer is Lieutenant Ayurro, which sounds a lot like Uhura to my ear.
    Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 11 Buckler o' Swashes) // Valissia (Elf 22 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

Quote Originally Posted by GrampaBill View Post
    Pretty cool this thread is still going and that there are more Easter Eggs still being placed into the game.

Thanks to everyone that's participated and continues to participate. Sorry I didn't summarize everything in the first post, but I think it'd end up being a page's worth by now.
    Shouldn't you be receiving a Hall of Famer title? Love this one and many of your other threads...
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DanteEnFuego View Post
    Shouldn't you be receiving a Hall of Famer title? Love this one and many of your other threads...
    I've wondered about that as well and wanted to say something, but it seemed a little attention whorish. Anyways, I think I read somewhere that only join date 2006 accounts get it.

Thanks for the kind words.
    Dec 21, 2011: Regarding signature errors like the one to the left:
    Quote Originally Posted by droipamine View Post
    I imagine we'll be looking at this very soon.

Fury of the Wild Epic Destiny:

Tier 2 power called: Injury
    Tier 3 power called: Insult with requirement Injury

Add Insult to Injury?

I don't know if anyone got this one already,
    But the Quest giver for Missing in Action
    (in the Market place), is Named Ulcana Braddock
    Official Muskateers Bartender
    Proud Officer of Acme Fighting Co.
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

Quote Originally Posted by GrampaBill View Post
    I've wondered about that as well and wanted to say something, but it seemed a little attention whorish. Anyways, I think I read somewhere that only join date 2006 accounts get it.

Thanks for the kind words.
    No no my friend, that is only founder.
    And I think that was only with the first 3 months of launch.

I just missed it.

You could qualify for the hall of Fame.
    Official Muskateers Bartender
    Proud Officer of Acme Fighting Co.
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

not an Easter Egg to a popular-cultural reference but, rather, to a hidden area in Jeet's Mind.

once you complete all 3 doorways and speak to Jeets, he run's up to the 4th and is paralyzed by the appearance of the Devourer of Dreams who utters something along the lines of:

[very bad paraphrasing follows]

"Congratulations on freeing this twerp from the paltry distractions of wealth, drink, sauna-erotica AND PORK BYPRODUCTS but this halfling's true obsession lies with the need to do good"

The bold/capped text refers to the 4th hidden window under the main, central platform.
    scrollfu! meowfu! +4fu! firstyfu!
    Maarl de Gutter (ret.) ~ Gnaaarl de Mutter (ret.) ~ Nineinch Rails (ret.)
    Intragreenis Druid - Human FvS [x2] Evoker ~ Guttural de Chanter - Elf Wiz [x4] PM
    Potpourri de Foo Foo - WF Wiz [Sx3][FvSx3][Wx3] Shiradi

In the Cannith Manufactury, there's a reference only old post-pinball wizards like me will get.

Listen to some of the Iron Golems just before they attack you. Some of them say, "Get the humanoid!" or "Get the intruder!"--a reference to the classic arcade game, "Berzerk" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berzerk).

Ah, memories.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

Default Bond, James Bond...

Partycrashers...

(Say): Cyan says, 'Barkeep -- a Dirty Kobold, shaken, not stirred.'
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

Talking you gotta love the hard stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by edgarallanpoe View Post
    Rudolph Schenker is the guitar player of the Scorps, not the singer(well...he does sing backup). Also, his brother Michael was the lead guitar player of the Scorps when he was 16 but he hasn't played for the Scorps in years. Michael's claim to fame is being the lead guitar player of UFO.

In Wiz King the Boss says "I don't want to die. I'm a god, why can't I live on?" or some variation of that. This is a reference to the song Powerslave from Iron Maiden.

It is clear that at one time DDO employed someone who was a huge metal head. LOL!!!
    you gotta love the hard stuff...
    it just makes for so much better battles
    kinda wish they tinkerd a few songs to fit for background sounds

oh and to add to the list of close ones...
    how about the hireling barrok daushbog or somthing like that it sounds alot like the us prez name and a female cleaning tool <<< cleanest i could think of, but you get the idea, sorry if i offend anyone....
    and dont forget the rashaka in the labor shortage / buying time challenges his name is salt shaka---right?
    Last edited by spinktor; 08-09-2012 at 02:30 AM.
    why cant I have line breaks? --- why must I use a -/- to show a different line? -- what did I do to make you angry webpage.... ???

From Kobold Island: Short Cuts

BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps I won't cop to.

Not sure if this counts but i've always found it odd that Mikayl the Pious had Dragonmarks of Passage. Well, it turns out, his father had an encounter with a Fire Reaver which ended up with his father running away to save his life. This may explain why he took the Dragonmarks. In addition, it's said that Mikayl is curiously religious for a fighter. The fact Fire Reavers are demons might be related.

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    When I made it, I was actually thinking of Milton's Paradise Lost- "He spake, and as to confirm his words, out flew millions of flaming swords, drawn from the thighs of mighty Cherubim; the sudden blaze far round illumined Hell. Highly they raged against the Highest, and fierce with grasped arms clashed on their sounding shields the din of war, hurling defiance toward the vault of Heaven."
    Gurren Lagann works too though. It's almost epic enough.
    This one item has caused me the greatest character building conundrum that I have faced in the 6 years of playing DDO.

Give yourself a pat on the back for that one, Feather, because attempting to create a thematic character build that is based around an Angel/Deva, wielding Sireth, and is actually a workable, decent, end-game viable Melee build?

Yeah, cheers for that mate :P

PS I wouldn't of typed this reply if I hadn't of cracked it - watch this space....

PPS Never read Milton's Paradise Lost, I think that is to my loss and will have to engage myself.
    The Theorybuild Author
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

Default Well . . .

First off, I'd like to say that Made to Order ( the multigate section at the end ) has always reminded me off Dexter's Laboratory. Not only is said that he as proficient artificer but a brilliant one too.
    Added to the fact he blew up his laboratory once and was trapped by his forgotten inventions the next. He is also a dorf, small, squared and fat one.

Second, how do you guys missed Myrmidon Patroclus? That's a clear homage to Homer's Illiad, Achilles cousin and alleged lover. Also we have tons of Myrmidons (which is part of the same tribute, you don't see Spartans anywhere near right?) running around like wimps over all the quests with Skellies on them.

We all know the reference to The Day the Earth Stood Still. Which I think it's pretty nice.

Next, doesn't count as a EE, but if you talked with Verisgante while in Undead form. You became buddies for being the same "kind".

Last in the Drowning Sorrows Tavern there's a drunk pal named Old Man Newton.

PS: As a pun, one guy in EveningStar is named Melburne PIKER.
    Last edited by Ssdprref; 08-10-2012 at 12:51 AM.
    Farm Epic Elite Chests by yourself.
    Hide of Goristro ~5 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNIwV...ature=youtu.be
    Spider Silk & Stone Heart ~2 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSABE...ature=youtu.be

i ran into one in Enter the Kobold yesterday, it was a line that the Big Boss Kobold says while you are fighting him, but now i cant remember what it was.

somebody help me out here?
    The Funniest Thing I've Ever Read
    Toons: Twengor (pal), Margween (Bard/FTR/Rogue), Nestrana (wiz), Ammerlyn (Arti), Ostarin (Monk) on Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Ssdprref View Post
    Second, how do you guys missed Myrmidon Patroclus? That's a clear homage to Homer's Illiad, Achilles cousin and alleged lover. Also we have tons of Myrmidons (which is part of the same tribute, you don't see Spartans anywhere near right?) running around like wimps over all the quests with Skellies on them.
    <skip>
    Last in the Drowning Sorrows Tavern there's a drunk pal named Old Man Newton.

PS: As a pun, one guy in EveningStar is named Melburne PIKER.
    I know who Patrocles in "Iliad" was, but had to google Myrmidon Patroclus. Optional in Delera's Tomb -- that explains why I never heard of him. Or maybe met once and forgot.

What's so punny about Old Man Newton? I do not associate Newton with drinks and taverns in any way.

The last one goes over my head completely. "Melburne Piker" is a pun on what?
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast