Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031
    Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

In the area around the Keep, there's a ruin ( or ruins ? plural or singlular ? ) of a tower. If you look *very* closely on the ground on one side of it, you can see actual Egyptian pictures and Hieroglyphs ...

There's an even far bigger Easteregg in a distant valley ... But I won't write it so nobody can be spoiled ...
    Last edited by Alrik_Fassbauer; 03-28-2020 at 10:17 AM.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

I just saw that there is an item called "Broken Musical Box" - related to the Genesis piece "The Musical Box", I guess ...
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

The KotB quest Violent Delights has several references to Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet, from which play the Quest Title is borrowed.

• The phrase "Violent Delights" is from Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, a warning given the couple (by a priest), appropriate both for the hidden plotline revealed at the end, and for the end-fight itself: "These violent delights have violent ends..."
    • In the closing dialogue selection to end the quest, "you" say, "All's well that ends well...", which is the name of another play by Shakespeare.
    • "Yula". the primary (friendly) NPC, is a variant spelling of Julia, or Juliette.

I was hoping to find a gnollish "Romeo" or some Montagues or Capulets to round out the cast, but either Oro Sandcloak & co. aren't quite there, or that easter egg slipped by unnoticed so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    ... related to the Genesis piece "The Musical Box", I guess ...
    Actually, I think it's just "a music box" - hundreds, if not thousands of cultural references to that term. :/

The item "Helm Of Clarity" https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Helm_of_Clarity has a gem in it which looks like Sauron's Eye ... *chuckles*

quest: best laid plans

the roof is on fire

song: sway by coal chamber

i probably should not link it cause "language" reasons, google it by yourself

coal chamber were already cited in the quest named coalescence chamber (all vale quests are music cit of some sort and this is well known)

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Actually, I think it's just "a music box" - hundreds, if not thousands of cultural references to that term. :/
    Maybe, but it is part of the story in the Genesis song that it becomes broken. That makes it so unique : That it gets broken.

In the 3rd quest in the 1st arc of the Masterminds of Sharn chain 'Best Laid Plans' you catch a conversation when the group of Vaunt arch-henchmen are making their escape through a portal. Gish Helion says:

You hear a gruff voice howling, "The roof! The roof!"
    The excited Gnoll bounces around. "The roof is on fire!"
    Lagging behind, the Gnoll notices you on the way out. It turns and howls, "Burn, father-hugger, burn!"

This is an excellent reference to the song lyrics originally sung by Rock Master Scott & the Dynamic Three in their rap classic from 1984 'The Roof is on Fire':

(4:24 mark of the video)

The lyrics are probably better known from multiple renditions or samples from groups like 2 Live Crew, Bloodhound Gang or from an interlude in the music video for Nelly's 'Hot in Herre':

Start cross server trading and profit!
    Characters: Grandern Marn / Yazmirr Grezztl / Vexir Bristleblade / Zappinaizah Subatrumpf Server: Orien Guild: Faca na Caveira
    New to the Orien server? Type "/joinchannel Titan" into the chat window and join some lively DDO discussion! Happy to help out with any questions.

There are several bankers with the names of "Goldenthumb" and "Silverthumb" ( perhaps related families ? ) ... in german language, there exists the expression "he/she has a green thumb" meaning that he or she is very good in working with plants.

Now, this may be coincidence, but is this Michael Tew from Sentinels and epic Three Barrel Cove on a wanted poster in Sharn?
    Orien: ][Vladtepes][Gelatinous][Lelitha]

Good catch. I think I've seen that poster somewhere else ... In Deneith, maybe ?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    There are several bankers with the names of "Goldenthumb" and "Silverthumb" ( perhaps related families ? ) ... in german language, there exists the expression "he/she has a green thumb" meaning that he or she is very good in working with plants.
    That's a very common expression in America too. Although in this case I wonder if it's a reference to the James Bond character "Goldfinger".

(Leading to Bond's line: "Sounds like a French nail varnish.")
    Got complaints about the in-game hirelings?
    That's nothing compared to what they say about YOU

The Sister Contract: A DDO Hirelings tale on YouTube

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    i thought the 'datter' at the end was a remnant of 'daughter of' naming conventions from way back when. in otherwords, the last name translates "daughter of Bauer"
    wouldnt that make her the farmers daughter

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031