Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728 LastLast

Default doors

The cascading opening of doors in MADE TO ORDER is a GET SMART homage!
    The One True Fighter/Wizard Father of the Alliance General Orcneas of ORC

http://darkside.guildportal.com http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=174849

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Ed7 View Post
    The cascading opening of doors in MADE TO ORDER is a GET SMART homage!
    That depends. It could have actually been an MST3K homage, but we don't know if MST3K was an homage to Get Smart or not.

Just wanted to stop by and thank all of you for continuing the thread, it is quite amazing all of the little details that have been added and continue to be added.
    Dec 21, 2011: Regarding signature errors like the one to the left:
    Quote Originally Posted by droipamine View Post
    I imagine we'll be looking at this very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhomnibus View Post
    The Titan names Ronny and Margie from the Master Artificer must denote something - Ronald Reagan and Margaret Thatcher perchance?
    Its a purple ronnie reference I assume. purple ronie is a cartoon - it too may well be taking the mic about regan and thatcher.
    Ex Euro player from devourer: Charaters on orien(Officer of Under Estimated & Nightfox): Wrothgar, Cobolt, Shadeweaver, TheMetal, Metaphysical, Allfred, Razortusk and many more.
    stuff by me: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...02#post4938302

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaCereal View Post
    The kobolds in the second part of STK will sometimes say "Get hand off me, you dirty Ape!"

The kobold and ogre bosses in Seigebreaker are named Brinky and Major Pain who have the following conversation:

Brinky: 'AAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!'
    Pain: 'AAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!'
    Brinky: 'Ow.'
    Pain: 'Hey, that's my middle name: Ow!'
    Brinky: 'Major Danger Ow Pain, really?'
    Pain: 'Special Parents. Don't want to talk about it.'
    Brinky: 'Hey, look at this mess. Someone set us up... the...'
    Pain: 'I know! Never going to get that promotion now... what are we going to do Brinky?'
    Brinky: 'Same thing we do every day pain! Take over the world!'

There's a guard in the Coin Lord's palace that says something along the lines of "Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes?"

The giant rare in Frame Work is named Ahnold the Hungry
    Pinky and The Brain?!? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bigolbear View Post
    Its a purple ronnie reference I assume. purple ronie is a cartoon - it too may well be taking the mic about regan and thatcher.
    You'd think the reference to Mrs. Thatcher would be "Maggie", though...

In epic Gianthold wilderness there's an inner reference : A Smaller Problem, featuring Brawn Pits.
    Succubus pretty ... too bad she try to kill us
    Lewela FvS (5th life)-Aezechiel Sorc (3rd life)-Usuldur Monk (5th life)-Larsenkarden Cleric (2nd life)-Punkcanard Eva-Artie (2nd life)-Kakophonyc Virtuoso/Fighter
    Le Dernier Chapitre ///// Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    I know who Patrocles in "Iliad" was, but had to google Myrmidon Patroclus. Optional in Delera's Tomb -- that explains why I never heard of him. Or maybe met once and forgot.

What's so punny about Old Man Newton? I do not associate Newton with drinks and taverns in any way.

The last one goes over my head completely. "Melburne Piker" is a pun on what?
    It's an English phrase "Pi**ed as a Newt"

There is nothing like a bit of stress-free slaughter to wind down after a busy day...and cake, there must also be cake.

"If all you have is a barrel everything looks like a crystal" (the time travelling foreman) is a reference to Maslow's Hammer
    Succubus pretty ... too bad she try to kill us
    Lewela FvS (5th life)-Aezechiel Sorc (3rd life)-Usuldur Monk (5th life)-Larsenkarden Cleric (2nd life)-Punkcanard Eva-Artie (2nd life)-Kakophonyc Virtuoso/Fighter
    Le Dernier Chapitre ///// Argonnessen

Default Jussko Kwahn the mysterious bard

Jussko Kwahn may be a reference to J-Kwon the rapper. I keep meaning to see if Jussko has any dialogue referencing the song "tipsy" by J-Kwon :-D

Erbody in the club get tipsy!!

Don't forget you can see Velah talking about invading the Vault of Night in the Bogwater tavern with her dwarf lover. Also, she appear on Chronoscope too, talking about breaking into the vault.
    WHAT?? I've been in both, and I have never seen her. Maybe I should go again and look a bit closer. Also, why the heck would a dragon sleep with a dwarf?

Quote Originally Posted by FoggyKnight View Post
    WHAT?? I've been in both, and I have never seen her. Maybe I should go again and look a bit closer. Also, why the heck would a dragon sleep with a dwarf?
    Here's one explanation
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

Default Brynleifur = Brian LaFleur?

And as I sit here during the 40th hour of downtime waiting for the servers to come back up, I am reminded of another reference that I've been meaning to post here...

Brynleifur, the rare djinn from the vale of twilight, may be a reference to US hockey player Brian LaFleur of the NHL.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rocking_Dead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NemesisS117 View Post
    Yeah, developer's put a lot of thought and research into a lot of things here, including learning the Draconic Language (these are all Draconic-to-English translations). Example:

Grundaussir (White Dragon in Gianthold Tor) Aussir means White (couldn't find Grund)
    Yorgulhar (Blue Dragon in GHT) Yor means Learn and ulhar means Blue (Learn g Blue?)
    Rhindvutha (Black Dragon in GHT) Vutha means Black (couldn't find Rhind)
    You'd probably need knowledge of a particularly old Adventure to understand why these particular dragons are named the way they are.

My guess, and it's ONLY a guess is that these reference the Againts the Giants series of modules.
    "Never attribute to Evil Genius what can satisfactorily be explained by stupidity." - Spider Robinson, The Crazy Years

Quote Originally Posted by DMCain View Post
    My guess, and it's ONLY a guess is that these reference the Againts the Giants series of modules.
    nah, think someone already figured that one out. there's an old video game that has dragons with those names in it, or something close, iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachomammashouse View Post
    Jussko Kwahn may be a reference to J-Kwon the rapper. I keep meaning to see if Jussko has any dialogue referencing the song "tipsy" by J-Kwon :-D

Erbody in the club get tipsy!!
    I got a fake ID tho!

^*(! You make me wanna go see if Kwan says anything relevant to the song now!

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    I know it has already been put in this thread, but just as a reference :
    In Ataraxia Haven, you have the Deadly Gazebo explorer. Which is a clearer reference to the said Gazebo than Durk's speech.
    Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    (Say): Durk the Deranged says, 'Don't let the Sane Asylum sneak up on you. It's worse than a gazebo, it is.'(Sane Asylum)

pretty well known D&D Gazebo joke.

Careful now, before we know it we have to rescue Durk in one of his derailed chasms of his mind while being chased by a Deadly Gazebo of course we have to try and keep Cole awake the whole time. For some reason Cole has some severe head trauma that causes him to fall a unconscious for no apparent reason.

Community Member

In VON 5, the DM narration right before Otto Knucklebones says something like, "A shambling mass of zombies shuffles towards you. The sign above the door reads 'Accounting'."
    Not exactly an Easter Egg, but amusing all the same....

Noticed in cabal for one last night one orange name is Olos Nobrac..... reversed Carbon Solo... is someone an Empire Strikes Back fan...
    Thelanis : Jalagon. Jalrobin.
    Orien : Jalmonkeygon. Manhas. Eyephail. Jalchoppstuf
    Cannith: Noobitronus

Quote Originally Posted by FoggyKnight View Post
    Where do you think sorcerers come from?

Although in all D&D lore I can think of, when dragons in humanoid form take lovers, it is usually elves.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728 LastLast