Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GrampaBill View Post
    Came across a couple new items as I traverse the TR road.

In Delerium when you attempt to free the cook, the Xorian Madness takes effect and the hams and clams in the kitchen become: Clambies and Hambies.

While not an Easter Egg, I always get a kick out of Irestone Inlet when you kill the Captain. The DM ends with something like "As Yaaryar draws his final breath he yells out 'I'll kill you all'. Effectively calling his own bluff." And I just realized that Yarryar is Pirate double speak.

oh I always thought that Yaaryar goes with Dinks to make a bastardization of Jarjar Binks

found a cracker tonight:

taming the flames, tribute to bobdylan spanish harlem incident.

its obvious when you listen to it while playing taming the flames
    Ex Euro player from devourer: Charaters on orien(Officer of Under Estimated & Nightfox): Wrothgar, Cobolt, Shadeweaver, TheMetal, Metaphysical, Allfred, Razortusk and many more.
    stuff by me: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...02#post4938302

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

In the Phiarlan Carnival quest "Under the Big Top" there is a reference to the Superman villain, Mr. Mxyzptlk and to Superman himself.

"3 months", aka 90 days, is the minimum banishment period of Mr. Mr. Mxyzptlk who could be banished by getting him to say or spell his name backwards.
    "over-muscled, blue and red armored do-gooder of a paladin" aka Superman.

The rare mob tiefling named Maz'il'tilnik has he following dialog:

---------------------------------------------

Of Course! Mortals lives are nothing to be but bargaining chips. And unlike a Demon, once a Devil gives their word they're bound to it. So what say you, <race>? you collect the crystals for me, and i release the prisoners to you.

Do we have a deal?

*khyber take me ... but I have no choice. I will collect the crystals.

* In the name of the Silver Flame I banish thee! Die Tiefling, die!

-> So ... what happens if you say your name backwards?

End conversation.

--------------------

Argh! Nothing happens! Nothing! Nothing at all!

I don't even know how that stupid rumor got started, but every three months the same over-muscled, blue and red armored do-gooder of a paladin shows up trying to trick me into saying my name backwards. Kinlit'li'zam! Kinlit'li'zam! Kinlit'li'zam! See, nothing happens!

Now... what were we discussing again?
    Last edited by Missing_Minds; 09-11-2012 at 01:15 PM.

Community Member

Just as a point of detail, you didn't have to get him to say it three times. I think "say X three times to banish" is Beetlejuice. (Disclaimer: This could totally have changed since the 50s-70s era, which is when the comics I last saw him in were.)
    Yes, that seebs.
    Not having fun anymore? Learn to play, noob!

Quote Originally Posted by seebs View Post
    Just as a point of detail, you didn't have to get him to say it three times. I think "say X three times to banish" is Beetlejuice. (Disclaimer: This could totally have changed since the 50s-70s era, which is when the comics I last saw him in were.)
    I *think* the animated superman series of the 1990s had him say it backwards 3 times. But only after he got fed up with Sups always outwitting him with a single shot. So I agree with your point of detail. It was just a single time to say/write it backwards.

But the trio deff sounds more like Beetlejuice, I can't argue that.

Or, something I just thought about. The Tiefling is ticked and just said the name backwards 3 times to prove a point. Probably this. I have edited to reflect that. Thanks for the catch.
    Last edited by Missing_Minds; 09-11-2012 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    I *think* the animated superman series of the 1990s had him say it backwards 3 times. But only after he got fed up with Sups always outwitting him with a single shot. So I agree with your point of detail. It was just a single time to say/write it backwards.
    This is how I remember it. Nice find, Missing.
    Quote Originally Posted by macubrae View Post
    A Dwarf's beard should be thick, strong and long enough to tuck under your belt (to keep kobolds from swinging on it and giants from swinging us by them).

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPurge View Post
    this reminds me, the fire giant in Von2 - Ingstoldt ---> Ingolstadt
    Ingolstadt is a city in Germany, the setting of Frankenstein, founding location of the Illuminati, and other historical themes.
    I vaguely remember the name of "Ingoldt" from somewhere else ... But I don't remember anymore, where from. A giant of nordic mythology, perhaps ? Of the Siegfried story ?

Community Member
    Yes, that seebs.

Community Member

Can't forget Livingston's journal in OOB's underwater shrine room

Quote Originally Posted by seebs View Post
    Possibly... but I think maybe if it is mixed with Trivial Pursuit or something, because the direction you go is different, and the object is to get to the center and finish the 'game'...

As for a possible New Easter Egg... Everything is Nothing.

Top tier ability from Epic Destiny, a feature that allows you to twist in other abilities...

'Everything is Nothing, with a Twist' - Kurt Vonnegut

Course, could also be another reference to heavy metal songs... Obscure band, Death, "Nothing is Everything"? But I think it is more likely they were going with Kurt, or possibly just going with pure Zen Buddhism, where they believe everything is nothing, and nothing is everything.
    Danse Mortelle - Deadly Rogue
    Aes Sedai - Pure Healer/Walking Shrine
    Leader of Lords of Chaos on Fernia

Community Member

It's a little like parcheesi, too, but the color, the little offshoots, etc. are more like Sorry!
    Yes, that seebs.

Just found another one in Sschyndylrin, in the House of Broken Chain the main boss says

"One does not simply walk out of Sschyndylrin"

Which refers to the popular phrase from the Lord of The Rings, "One does not simply walk into Mordor".
    Farm Epic Elite Chests by yourself.
    Hide of Goristro ~5 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNIwV...ature=youtu.be
    Spider Silk & Stone Heart ~2 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSABE...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    "My name is *something*, you killed my pack. Prepare to die", a reference to The Princess Bride. I'm told the bosses' name is also an anagram of the character from The Princess Bride.
    The name is: Ogiyon Tomain. An anagram of ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3W5GDkgf2w

Edit: I saw this when I first ran the quest this week. The name struck me before he even said anything about his pack...

Edit 2: Then the poor thing had to deal with a minII DAxe buried in his chest... was probably only on normal.

Edit 3 (thanks to Katz): The name is Ogiyon Tomain, not Oogiy Montain.
    Last edited by Meetch1972; 10-14-2012 at 11:44 PM.
    Goe ahed... korekt mah spelin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssdprref View Post
    Just found another one in Sschyndylrin, in the House of Broken Chain the main boss says

"One does not simply walk out of Sschyndylrin"

Which refers to the popular phrase from the Lord of The Rings, "One does not simply walk into Mordor".
    Think it is actually based on the meme that has been going around for quite some time, which is based on LotR anyways...

Waiting to see a guard or something make a comment about a knee and an arrow...
    Danse Mortelle - Deadly Rogue
    Aes Sedai - Pure Healer/Walking Shrine
    Leader of Lords of Chaos on Fernia

Community Member

Yeah, developer's put a lot of thought and research into a lot of things here, including learning the Draconic Language (these are all Draconic-to-English translations). Example:

Aussircaex (the white dragon from Korthos and Prey on the Hunter) translates to White Sword
    Darastrix Achthend (the mindflayer killed in Misery's Peak by Aussircaex) translates to Dragon Food
    Ternathear (from Reaver's Refuge) can't find translation of Tern, but athear means Celestial
    Aussiredar (past-owner of the gem needed for SoS found in Aussircaex's valley) means White Earth
    Iskaryte (past-owner of the SoS gem found on Mount Reysalon) means Star War (double reference)
    Omaekrix (past-owner of the SoS gem found in Soami Gardens) maekrix means Leader (O is some prefix?)
    Sventusk (past-owner of the SoS gem found in Gianthold) means Slay Iron
    Thadargix (past-owner of the SoS gem found in Menechtarun) gix means Claw (couldn't find Thardar)
    Vuthesjing (past-owner of the SoS gem found in Orchard of the Macabre) hesjing means Water (couldn't find Vut)
    Vorace (drow dragontouched vendor in Reaver's Refuge) Vor means Beauty (couldn't find ace)
    Toriavic (next to Thear in reaver's refuge) Tor means Ask (might be able to translate more if I knew full dragon-name)
    Tharmalos (Green Dragon boss of Don't Drink the Water) means Circle a Block (Tharm a los)
    Varath (Black dragon boss from Mired in Kobolds) Va means Eh, so unless there's a translation for rath, it's Eh rath
    Grundaussir (White Dragon in Gianthold Tor) Aussir means White (couldn't find Grund)
    Yorgulhar (Blue Dragon in GHT) Yor means Learn and ulhar means Blue (Learn g Blue?)
    Rhindvutha (Black Dragon in GHT) Vutha means Black (couldn't find Rhind)
    Aussiroth (mate of Aussircaex, found in Prey on the Hunter) means White Tooth
    Kear (quest-giver of The Stormreaver Fresco) means Day
    Last edited by NemesisS117; 10-14-2012 at 02:05 AM.

Community Member

Also of note; those pillars in every House Kundarak bank, the ones up the path leading to the center banking area, seem to form the symbol for Earth from the show Stargate (triangle with a circle at the top)

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisS117 View Post
    Omaekrix (past-owner of the SoS gem found in Soami Gardens) maekrix means Leader (O is some prefix?)
    Well, it is the gardens. Perhaps the "O" is used in the same fashion as the honorific "O" in the Japanese language?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Well, it is the gardens. Perhaps the "O" is used in the same fashion as the honorific "O" in the Japanese language?
    Ah, that's true, "A Leader", perhaps, then.

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

Quote Originally Posted by Meetch1972 View Post
    The name is something like: Oogiy Montain. An anagram of ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3W5GDkgf2w

Edit: I saw this when I first ran the quest this week. The name struck me before he even said anything about his pack...

Edit 2: Then the poor thing had to deal with a minII DAxe buried in his chest... was probably only on normal.

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Quote Originally Posted by Expalphalog View Post
    Screaming I assume would represent the Sonic Rainboom... I can definitely see it but I think it's a stretch. Of course, I would love it if FoS were to confirm or deny that the only reason the bow's name is Pinion is because someone up the chain vetoed "Rainbow" and "Dash" as names.
    On that subject, I think "Needle, the Quill-Slinger" is a quiet nod to Spike (needles are little spikes, after all) and his continual light sarcasm towards Twilight and the other ponies.
    Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 11 Buckler o' Swashes) // Valissia (Elf 22 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast