Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Community Member

An in-game world wide announcement could be setup, rather than hitting every hour, to be constantly there. I believe that functionality is already in place, and then everyone would get the warning upon logging in, and not get hourly pings that they already know about.

Default What now?

So people who lost their tome cause they we re too busy eating cake can only hope that Turbine knows who got affected by the bug?? I ate 3 cakes already; not a hitch. /burp
    In Pax Romana

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Heh, you wanted them to announce the fix and schedule it before they programmed and tested it?
    No I wanted them to post a warning, like they did for the 6th cake. There were the same level of reports from people 12+ hours ago, that were for the cake. They were able to announce that 12+ hours ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
    Ok it took 15 minutes...
    No it took 12+ hours.

Answer to you both, the client announcement on Cake eating issues was in client for at least 12+ hours. I just expected the same level of warning and announcement for the issue with the pre-order items.
    Leader - Ωmega Syndicate [L41] guild of Khyber|Orien - www.os.rumbaar.net
    Khyber - Eldraine - Monk | Eldaline - Favored Soul | Eldnuker - Sorcerer
    █████ - Eldalorne - Wizard | Elarawr - Fighter | Eldrainge - Ranger/Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    A worldwide announcement in game would be nice for the 95% of the players who don't read the forums.
    Any any player that doesnt bother to read the release notes of a new update, the known issues most especially;

...and to not bother to check if there might possibly be any reason to NOT just up and alter their character and lose all their items or use up a one time only item even though within hours, or minutes almost, there was multiple postings of problems - whos fault is that?

Anyone who has played this game for more than 1 update should know there are bugs every single release. Turbine has spent all of one day gathering information and planning a fix and posting it here. Modifying the launcher message or sending out an in game message takes longer.

Really, anyone that loads an update, and jumps into using up one time only items or blindly TRing their character without spending all of 5 minutes to check the forums to make sure there is no major bugs deserves no real sympathy.

Does it suck things are broken on release? Sure. But this is not news to anyone who has played the game more than a month.

Welcome to DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Lolth and the Djinni are being...stingy. Pesky outer planar creatures!
    Lolth is not stingy, she is is selective.

All Hail.

This is really odd, I bought the collectors edition when it was advertised on the first day, I opened my inventry ticket thing and got all the goodies and the cake worked on 3 toons. Now suddenly it isn't working? Has something changed to cause this or is it just a random bug?
    Thelanis;

Community Member

Question For those of us gaming on an 'emtpy' stomach....

So...I am one of the *many* who the Djinni made off with our cakes and were left empty handed...Are there any plans to replace said items? Or are we just SoL on those characters?

Any any player that doesnt bother to read the release notes of a new update, the known issues most especially;
    The pre-order items issue wasn't [not sure if is in now] in the known issues. So not sure what you are trying to say.

Really, anyone that loads an update, and jumps into using up one time only items or blindly TRing their character without spending all of 5 minutes to check the forums to make sure there is no major bugs deserves no real sympathy.

Does it suck things are broken on release? Sure. But this is not news to anyone who has played the game more than a month.

Welcome to DDO.
    Also the pre-order items different to an update. Also there wasn't up till 50 minutes ago, any forum announcement on the issue. I tracked pre-order talk for ~8 hours before I used mine.
    Leader - Ωmega Syndicate [L41] guild of Khyber|Orien - www.os.rumbaar.net
    Khyber - Eldraine - Monk | Eldaline - Favored Soul | Eldnuker - Sorcerer
    █████ - Eldalorne - Wizard | Elarawr - Fighter | Eldrainge - Ranger/Rogue

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by xSeverinax View Post
    This is really odd, I bought the collectors edition when it was advertised on the first day, I opened my inventry ticket thing and got all the goodies and the cake worked on 3 toons. Now suddenly it isn't working? Has something changed to cause this or is it just a random bug?
    Based on what they have said, the bug is most likely to occur when mutliple ppl are accessing the Djinn simultaneously. You probably just beat the rush with the first 3....

Quote Originally Posted by xSeverinax View Post
    I think it's a load issue... Especially last night when everyone got home from work, and multiple people were clicking on their tickets, there were some random problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

So the cake bug and the MoTU pre-order item bug was in the release notes and known issues threads and available before the product went on sale? Really? Can you link to one of those threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    I think it's a load issue... Especially last night when everyone got home from work, and multiple people were clicking on their tickets, there were some random problems.
    Thanks, yeah that makes sense, I did mine not long after the servers went up after the update, and there was hardly anyone logged in.
    Thelanis;

Please keep insults and personal attacks out of this thread. The thread has now been cleaned up.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Default Good call!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Please keep insults and personal attacks out of this thread. The thread has now been cleaned up.
    Thx Cordovan...I just want facts as to when I can expect to purchase this and how already missing items will be redeemed...not drama.

So what we must do who used this 6 Years Old Cake and didn't recieve a reward?
    I used it for +2 Tome but nothing happened. Nickname - Kaphiel. Game Server - Argonnessen.

Community Member

Question Crashing on exit too

Every time I exit DDO now with the exit game function the application crashes and generates the do you want to notify microsoft of this error message :/

It is nice to see this on the start up page now so people know what not to do before they log into the game and start clicking on things. I didn't activate any birthday cakes thankfully. I thought the delivery bug had something to do with the my ddo lottery because it seemed like all of my glitched characters had won the my ddo lottery but that turned out to be wrong. I have around 14 glitched delieveries so far and I'm leaving it at that until they have the bug fixed. I am curious to see how they will fix the glitched deliveries that have already happened.

Everyone doesn't hop on the forums to check everything out before they do anything in game. The forums are MASSIVE and finding anything close to what you are looking for is like winning the lottery. Then there are the lovely people here that have lots of attitude and little in the way of helpful information. Don't get me wrong there are great people here too, but the forums are just gen chat that sticks around. If everyone sat and waited for forum updates to see what would happen with the pre-order delivery then no one would have anything and we'd all still be in the dark about the glitch. I bought the pre-order as soon as I saw it, and hopped right in to see all the goodies because I just dropped a lot of $$ on the game and wanted to see what all the cool new stuff was. Apparently I was one of thousands that did the exact same thing. Turbine will fix it and make it right I'm sure. Going back and sending characters items they missed is plenty easy enough, but they'd much rather fix it so it all works like it is supposed to in the first place.

I popped a ticket on this one last night too. Seems like after my third character, nothing is being given. My first one got the greater tome with all the other assorted goodies, second and third got lessers with their goodies, then... nothing. One hopes that those of us who are supporting the update with $130 purchases are going to get some priority fixes, I suppose I threw a ton of detail into my ticket, and I've offered to eat more of the pre-purchase tickets on some alts if it would help any. In spite of all the people whose first response is to scream and become irate (regardless of the problem) I have faith that you guys will make this fix a priority for us. I think the developers have done a great job trying to make as many people happy at once as possible, and I'm looking forward to seeing what looks like it could be a pretty awesome expansion this summer

On a side note, are you guys coming to GenCon again this year? I had a blast with everyone who came out last time, haven't seen a booth for a while though... this expansion, and its timing, seems like a good time to come back I love having DDO at GenCon, because it brings people I otherwise wouldn't get to meet to my home town
    Last edited by Mindscry; 02-28-2012 at 04:18 PM. Reason: +1 Riggs on post #24... well said.

I wonder if I will get the same problem with the 2 year birthday cake as well? ;-)

To put this in perspective:
    My son last week had issues with an online game he plays called RoBlox. Now this credit card charge was for less than $6.00 and he didn't gain access to the content we bought. So I sent an email to the support staff. I was contacted by email within 12 hours. They stated that support was aware and investigating the issue. I received a second email from them a few hours later saying they had found what happened and are working on it. The issue was resolved and I received a third email. This time it was a message that it was fixed along with a questionnaire about how they did. Remember this is for a six dollar charge.

In contrast:
    I have issues with DDO. I paid Turbine $85.00 and some change. I also did not gain access to the content bought. I put in an in game-ticket. No response. I attempted to send an email to support. Could not even get it to go through. I posted in one of the threads describing the problem. Nothing. I even PMed Fernando. Well that was just to make me feel better honestly. I still have had no word from turbine support in game or out and I have not received what was promised at purchase.

So $6.00 vs $86.00. Almost to much contact vs none at all. My issue with turbine is the way they handle issues like the Pre-purchase ticket bug.

Have you seen RoBlox?

I think it may be time to step it up a notch Turbine DDO division.

Community Member UnderwearModel's Avatar

Default The most logical and sensible solution!

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Due to item delivery issues, do not yet activate the “6 Year Old Birthday Cake” or the “Menace of the Underdark: Pre-purchase Ticket” found in character inventories.
    If you’ve already experienced an item delivery issue with cakes or pre-purchase tickets, we are in the process of implementing fixes for both of these issues. Please note the following:
    • CAKE: If you already activated your cake but did not receive your items on that character, you do not need to submit a ticket to receive assistance.
    • PRE-PURCHASE ITEMS: If you already activated your pre-purchase expansion ticket and the character did not receive the pre-purchase bonus items, please stand by for further instructions. More information will be provided as soon as it is available.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience!
    Obviously, by the quick action and communications, this is perceived as a very big problem.

Finally, it looks like a fix is going to be done the correct way.

1. Admitted it is busted
    2. Trying to assuage the masses by saying quit sending in tickets we will make you happy. My only worry is, really? You would think a sensible SQL Database administrator could easily do this

I was contemplating buying the pre order package but with the disaster, I decided to wait until May or so. Let the kinks get worked out.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    Monster AI tends to be a limitation of the engine - smart AIs cause more server lag. Boy am I going to get quoted on that or what.
    I survived the scary events in 2009, 2010, and 2011. 2011 did not reward those that played by the rules.

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast