Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Default Why keep selling though?

I bought the big pre-pack, used the ticket, got a poof in my face, got angry, checked the forums, saw they are working on it, reminded myself that its in their own interests to fix this asap and that's why they are probably doing their best to fix it, sighed, and said "oh well". I guess many others had more or less a similar experience.

What I dont understand is, if there is such a problem, why does not Turbine temporarily halt selling the pack? Putting sale of the pre-pack on hold, announcing that there is a problem which is being worked out and asking potential buyers to be a bit patient, imho, is a better marketing strategy then having more and more dissatisfied customers.
    Worst (eva, evah, ever, everest, evva). Gimpus Ultimus, Thelanis

Default I used on 2 chars before this post.....

......and recieved nothin.
    Scarlilith and Scarthis on the Thelanis server.
    Tryied to get stat tomes, submited ticket for Scarlilith before this post.

Thank you turbine for your attention to this matter, gl in game all and peace.
    Underdog- "Do not fear!! Underdog is here!!"
    Me- "Holy krap its a talking dog!!!"

So, without reading every post, we are still waiting for a solution? I tried to activate my panther pet and it dissapeared. I am guessing that is the same issue people are having, and I dont seem to have got my tomes at all. Thanks Turbine for putting a priority on this one!
    "Mother Nature guides us all - The Gatekeepers will rise again and protect all that is good and just.

The Twilight Dawn is the tip of that spear!"

Default Wait and See for a solution

IN- Game Support closed the ticket I lodged. The issue is not solved so it should not be closed , the ticket should be placed on hold until resolved. I bought the panther pack and clicked on the item when it arrived, The icon vanished no items was the reward. I was one of the first people to experience the issue, and raise a ticket. Now the lame response when we know more we will let the general public know by the in game launcher and by the forums. How about the advising the people effected by our email address. I offered them a solution which is to issue another code to people effected and then await for them to fix the problem.
    Last edited by Tolero; 02-29-2012 at 07:06 AM. Reason: removed personal attacks

Default Nice going

This is unbelievable. Does Turbine do anything at all which is not bugged out to the max?
    A new release in the works, $80 USD for a pre-purchase order, and you get - nothing!

I used to view with skepticism the constant remarks by older players about how gimped Turbine is. Now it's pretty clear. How difficult can it be to have items pop up in your inventory?

Now, for all of you out there, ready to propose an alternative view...Just put a small text notice -- in the pre-purchase order procedure itself -- that there is a known (and serious!) bug. Then I would not have psyched myself up to dishing out $80 bucks and getting ready to enjoy! All you have to do is type it in - you "programmers" you!!

[I said something completely different here]

No need to take anything personally. This applies to all the programmers at Turbine.
    Last edited by Dazhforum; 02-29-2012 at 07:26 AM. Reason: removed personal attacks

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    1. read the forums
    2. read release notes
    3. read the forums
    4. read known issues
    5. read the forums.
    6. I'm still at work so.. read the forums some more.
    20. Finally at home, update client with an informed idea if it is worth to log in or not.
    You just summed up my process PERFECTLY
    Starabelle McClean / Shamurai Daemon Slayer/Faithrune Justicar /
    Samuiree Kensai / Daviniti Soul Finder/ GRRONND HammerPain

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by imd187 View Post
    Im sorry you have anger issues, I did spend the $80, Didn't see anything in launcher window, didn't look too hard either. Have stuff missing too, but to be filled with rage over some small like this is purely pointless, it will get solved and we all move on.
    Unfortunately for me, I dont have more money than sense not to be upset over not getting something that I spent $80 on, and neither is that sum of money something small to me as it seems to be to you.

(sigh).....my wife laughed at me when I started cussing about this....

Turbine...got faith that this will get fixed...otherwise...I won't hear the end of it.

Looking foward to the fix.

Thanks
    --Fallen Immortals, Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
    Ok it took 15 minutes...

From another thread earlier today:
    Try 7 hours.

And the DMs were closing out some tickets with no response given. Only after it became a widespread issue did they script a response and send it out that it was known, and that they are looking into it.

Its good that they are communicating about it now rather than still closing out tickets sans response. The communication does alot to settle people after they just spent money on a product that was not delivered.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Im sorry you have anger issues, I did spend the $80, Didn't see anything in launcher window, didn't look too hard either. Have stuff missing too, but to be filled with rage over some small like this is purely pointless, it will get solved and we all move on.
    The issue wasnt the bug itself, it was the initial response of closing out tickets with no response whatsoever.

After working and managing CS for decades, one of my pet peeves is poor CS.

Accusing someone of having anger issues for being upset about that initial response is flat out unjustified.

They are doing it correctly in my book now though, just should have done it that way from the start.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Thank you for the update. I look forwards to the resolution.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDOisFree View Post
    Unfortunately for me, I dont have more money than sense not to be upset over not getting something that I spent $80 on, and neither is that sum of money something small to me as it seems to be to you.
    It isnt a small some of cash, but if you couldnt AFFORD to take the risk then thats on you not them. They never said f u you aint getting it, they said they are having tech issues and they are working on fixing it, so give them time and relax. This world isnt perfect and neither are we and if you expect it to be, then you'll only be dissappointed and upset for the rest of your life. Sorry but thats the truth.
    Last edited by imd187; 02-29-2012 at 07:40 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    The issue wasnt the bug itself, it was the initial response of closing out tickets with no response whatsoever.

After working and managing CS for decades, one of my pet peeves is poor CS.

Accusing someone of having anger issues for being upset about that initial response is flat out unjustified.

They are doing it correctly in my book now though, just should have done it that way from the start.
    "RAGE" is an inappropriate form of anger, in this situation. Yes, I too am upset, but I will not let a game fill me with rage because of a delay. I will admit that the uncertainty of what is happening is a little discerning right now but I have faith I will get mine in the end. If I don't I will admit rage might be called for at that point, but until then I will have to exhibit a little patience. All I was saying is he got too upset because of a tech issues unforseen, that hopefully will be solved sometime today.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Due to item delivery issues, do not yet activate the “6 Year Old Birthday Cake” or the “Menace of the Underdark: Pre-purchase Ticket” found in character inventories.
    If you’ve already experienced an item delivery issue with cakes or pre-purchase tickets, we are in the process of implementing fixes for both of these issues. Please note the following:
    • CAKE: If you already activated your cake but did not receive your items on that character, you do not need to submit a ticket to receive assistance.
    • PRE-PURCHASE ITEMS: If you already activated your pre-purchase expansion ticket and the character did not receive the pre-purchase bonus items, please stand by for further instructions. More information will be provided as soon as it is available.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience!

It's been two days, how about an update?

It isnt a small some of cash, but if you couldnt AFFORD to take the risk then thats on you not them. They never said f u you aint getting it, they said they are having tech issues and they are working on fixing it, so give them time and relax. This world is perfect and neither are we and if you expect it to be, then you'll only be dissappointed and upset for the rest of your life. Sorry but thats the truth.
    Well they cant simply dont give it to you.

I dont understand why people are SO angry.
    I partially agree with quoted person.
    I mean yeah I was little irritaed too, but ill wait and get my things.
    Lots will say thats its because we all saw their policy - not getting back items that magically dissapeared.
    But this id different. Its not free cake, or, technically free, raid loot etc.
    Not giving items would be breaking marketing deal, and u selling sth u dont give is technically a crime.
    So be patient. You will get your things.

I just hope we will see them soon.
    Cause its already 2 days.

And well.... I agree they should shut seling pre-order till they fix it.
    Not all people read forums.

Edit:
    Yup... Id also love to know how work bout it goes, or get any information.
    Last edited by Kayla93; 02-29-2012 at 07:52 AM.

Dear Turbine Staff,

1) Please hire play testers. Update after update sees buggy code. Most of these bugs are discovered on Lamania (which isn't a testing server it's a preview server) and they just waltz right over to live. I'm not saying there won't be bugs. I'm just asking that you actually hire some play testers. This current bug with the pre-purchase is crazy. How did you NOT catch that?

2) Please fix your support staff. Give them some power. Let them make your customers happy. Right now using the ticket system in the game is a joke. The interface itself is buggy!

3) Please start communicating to your customers about problems. This should have a sticky thread that is updated every 6-12 hours so people aren't so mad about what is happening. You should have a way to make a pop-up like the ULA that has big, nasty, scary caps letters saying not to eat cake. Mostly, people seem mad because we have no idea what is happening or don't live our lives reading the forums. I feel bad for people who ate the cakes and lost them, but I don't forget about the thousands of people who still have their cakes and can't enjoy them.

4) If this is any indication of what Menace will be like, count me out.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ClanWorst View Post
    I bought the big pre-pack, used the ticket, got a poof in my face, got angry, checked the forums, saw they are working on it, reminded myself that its in their own interests to fix this asap and that's why they are probably doing their best to fix it, sighed, and said "oh well". I guess many others had more or less a similar experience.

What I dont understand is, if there is such a problem, why does not Turbine temporarily halt selling the pack? Putting sale of the pre-pack on hold, announcing that there is a problem which is being worked out and asking potential buyers to be a bit patient, imho, is a better marketing strategy then having more and more dissatisfied customers.
    I totally agree about the market strategy.And now that we were supposed to have a hotfix going on now(according to the thingy posted last night), I would like another update on whats going.

Quote Originally Posted by Glouscester View Post
    Dear Turbine Staff,

1) Please hire play testers. Update after update sees buggy code. Most of these bugs are discovered on Lamania (which isn't a testing server it's a preview server) and they just waltz right over to live. I'm not saying there won't be bugs. I'm just asking that you actually hire some play testers. This current bug with the pre-purchase is crazy. How did you NOT catch that?

2) Please fix your support staff. Give them some power. Let them make your customers happy. Right now using the ticket system in the game is a joke. The interface itself is buggy!

3) Please start communicating to your customers about problems. This should have a sticky thread that is updated every 6-12 hours so people aren't so mad about what is happening. You should have a way to make a pop-up like the ULA that has big, nasty, scary caps letters saying not to eat cake. Mostly, people seem mad because we have no idea what is happening or don't live our lives reading the forums. I feel bad for people who ate the cakes and lost them, but I don't forget about the thousands of people who still have their cakes and can't enjoy them.

4) If this is any indication of what Menace will be like, count me out.
    I agree.
    This game needs better customers treating. The most important;
    1) Informing players at least 2-3 a day whats going on with bugs that touched them.
    2) Test things. I understand u cant help simple bugs that gets 1 person/1milion players. But if its half of ddo population thing definitely missed testing ;p.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Due to item delivery issues, do not yet activate the “6 Year Old Birthday Cake” or the “Menace of the Underdark: Pre-purchase Ticket” found in character inventories.
    If you’ve already experienced an item delivery issue with cakes or pre-purchase tickets, we are in the process of implementing fixes for both of these issues. Please note the following:
    • CAKE: If you already activated your cake but did not receive your items on that character, you do not need to submit a ticket to receive assistance.
    • PRE-PURCHASE ITEMS: If you already activated your pre-purchase expansion ticket and the character did not receive the pre-purchase bonus items, please stand by for further instructions. More information will be provided as soon as it is available.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience!
    Still standing by...

Elestria, Liteshadow, Toberahs

Community Member Cryptobranchus's Avatar

Red face I see I wasn't the only one ...

I am glad to see this message. I was afraid I was the only one effected by this bug. Odd that it only seemed to be faulty on the Argonessen server and not Orien where I also have toons. Well, I am more then willing to wait as long as I know the bug will be fixed and things will be back to normal ... Here's hoping.

Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast