Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Default Never knew of bug when purchased and used

There I was running around Ghallanda, seeing the new pre-purchase goodies, i.e. masks and critters, running around, and I asked some of the people with them how they liked them. I have been with DDO sinice before their 1st birthday bash. I know bugs pop in. I had already been playing a looooong session, debating as a VIP if I wanted to spend $$ on something where if I waited I would get much of it for free.

The last person I spoke with said they loved it, but it took between 1 to 2 hours to actually get it. I finally made a decision to get it. I minimized DDO and proceeded to go to the buy screen. I paid my $80, within an hour, got my panther icon, that ONLY warned me of the first toon to click this gets the greater tome, everyone else gets the lessers. Fine. I selected my candidate, clicked, waited couple hours, couple more, THEN I hear everyone talking about bugs.

Since the promo goes from 2/27 to 6/25....I'd have likely waited for the all clear to buy and use HAD there been some kind of IN GAME warning system. Question, part rethoric, part wanting an answer. How can a system be set-up, or an existing system used, to warn people who are in game? New messages put in the login screen do no good if your already logged in.

Bad news - One of my toons clicked the kitty. Good news - Cause I read that the first toon to use it gets the greater book, I was waiting to make sure they got it and not click on all my toons and play a version of Russian roulette hoping they stayed queued in order.

And I agree, periodic updates would be nice. Something general would be good, like: Found where the problem is, still looking, expect to have fix in 12 hrs, 24 hrs. Something would be better than nothing. Right now I feel like Turbine is a void where communication is concerned. And to address someone else's comment (not going thru 7 pages just to do the quotes thing). Yes, I would rather they fix the problem than constant updates, but I'm saying periodic updates, surely they can spare someone for 5 mins every 6 hrs?

In the mean time, I play the waiting game like everyone else.
    Of course I can be in here, the door was clearly unlocked, and yes, I always dress in black and put shoe polish on my face.
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...12#post1440712

Quote Originally Posted by imd187 View Post
    Heres the deal, When I feel that enough time has gone by and still heard nothing, I will raise hello. But I do understand the development process, and in that process problems can arise that are not the easiest of fixes. To all of the neophytes that think this should be solved in a matter of minutes, well your wrong. The thing is, I do expect to be getting my items I paid for, or a class actions lawsuit could be in order. I am not saying it will happen because I know turbine will make this right. And Buying has always been a risk, I bought the 80 dollar package and I did recieve 2k turbine points, lvl 7 veteren status, and the 2 adventure bundles. so I am sorry if you think youve been f'd but guess what u still have recieved stuff, and for that I will patiently wait until i find out nothing is coming and then Ill run wild.
    Well, if I already have lvl 7 veteran status unlocked, I'm VIP so I have access to the bundles already, and I paid $80 to get 2k turbine points...then I would like my money back. If I can't get my money back(have you ever tried dealing with their customer support?) for the product that wasn't delivered as advertised, then the least Turbine can do is let me know how this is going to be fixed. I think what people want is some kind of acknowledgement and an action plan. Please let people know what you are going to do! What is the mysterious problem you encountered? Did you find a plate of donuts on the way to your computer and you just couldn't wait to eat them? Is the problem deeper than you thought?

1) Respond to your players. Tell us what you are going to do about this problem. Just saying there is a hot fix coming isn't a solution. What is actually going to happen in this hot fix for all your paying customers that did not get what was paid for?

2) Please open a thread that gives updates to this problem without commenting so we can see what you are saying without wading through massive walls of texts, like this one.

3) Set up an EASY process for us to get a refund if we don't want this product. I have lost ALL faith in Turbine delivering a decent product. Every single update is bugged beyond belief. This ins't new. I was very excited to hear about the expansion when it came out, but now I'm not sure I want anything to do with it. Treat your customers with more respect and set up an easy way for us to get our money back when you don't deliver.

I just don't have much confidence in Turbine getting this right. How do they know what toons used the item and didn't get what they paid for? Are we all getting an extra item? Are they going to wipe current items and make us re-apply? Why hasn't Turbine addressed these problems? Why is it always such a secret!?!?!
    Last edited by Glouscester; 02-29-2012 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DOA666 View Post
    A) The product has a release date in June. If you were prepared to spend money yesterday and wait until June to play it how does it affect the way you spent your money yesterday for those asking for refunds?

B) They said its being fixed as a matter or priority. They will fix it. How does having to wait a day or so extra affect the way you play the game if you can currently play the game as you did the day before spending the money?

C) Whining doesnt help anything but cause more problems. Mob mentality makes you responsible for other people in the mob's actions.

So, do you want them to fix it or stop and deal with people being jerks on forums? Your a paying customer .. you decide
    A If you read before posting you would know there are several items you get when you pay the 80 dollars. The xp tomes probably being the most important. When your friends are running at 50% xp bonus, and your not, you fall behind in hours and can no longer play with your friends. Should half your friends wait because Turbine is selling a product that doesn't work?

B Obama said the country would be fixed as a matter of priority.. see how that is working out?

C Complaining is the only way to get stuff done, people need to read history more.

D The people addressing the problems are not forum moderators so they can address the jerks all they want and have no bearing on the development process.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathnights View Post
    Please dont call me derogatory names it is against forum policy. I don't believe you even have a level 20 toon let alone VIP. And yes, the in real world, when hundreds of thousands of dollars are lost, possible lawsuits, 99% of software companies would fire multiple people. Bugs can happen, this is beyond that, this is bad coding, bad management, illegal sale practices, amongst 50 other unethical decisions they have made during this process
    They are in the process of working on it, This is beyond a bug, its beyond by the means of impatient people who it NOW and cant relax and enjoy the game as the day before. Last I checked Unethical business practice is not a crime. I know they will give us our stuff, it just might take a bit.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glouscester View Post
    Every single update is bugged beyond belief. This ins't new.
    So if this isnt new, then why did your rush into it?

Community Member

Wink This is going to be a cake-walk...

The ultimate Turbine fix, I think, will bring true relevance to the phrase "Have my cake & eat it too!" I expect the remedy will do nothing more than contribute to the "virtual obesity" problems we suffer from here in the United States. Now THAT'S FUNNY folks! Harrr-de-har-harr!

They are in the process of working on it, This is beyond a bug, its beyond by the means of impatient people who it NOW and cant relax and enjoy the game as the day before. Last I checked Unethical business practice is not a crime. I know they will give us our stuff, it just might take a bit.

Last I checked Unethical business practice is not a crime? Your probably right, but Theft of services is the legal term for a crime which is committed when a person obtains valuable services by deception. This bug has been documented and well known for 42 hours...... They are still selling a broken product... I can go right now and upgrade, and 39 hours later get a disclaimer (after purchase) that the items are not redeemable.

Default request?

Would it be possible to have a locked Dev thread that we can see the progress on this developing fix without having to page thru the now over 100 player replies? Ok, we aall know there is a problem, but most of us want to see the progress and potential solution from the Devs, without having to sort thru everyones own issues, rants, and in many cases accolades to Turbine for addressing this...

my 2c.

ps. I know by posting this I am a adding to the problem thread, but I saw no other way

Have fun!
    Faergen / Sumofa / Duerty / Tinkerin / Friggun / Boomquisha / Onree / Nytemaer / Daldaur / Shaqueeta

More importantly, is for those who've used the Djinn and received only 1 of a multiple item, are we going to see afix and re-issue? Can you track who's used the cake and for what? Enquiring minds would like to know?

Community Member

Wink Priceless!

Limited Time Collectors Edition - $79.99

Standard Edition - $49.99

Base Edition - $29.99

Developing a business model where once I have taken your money for something that doesn't work, you have no way of getting it back - PRICELESS!

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Duerty View Post
    Would it be possible to have a locked Dev thread that we can see the progress on this developing fix without having to page thru the now over 100 player replies? Ok, we aall know there is a problem, but most of us want to see the progress and potential solution from the Devs, without having to sort thru everyones own issues, rants, and in many cases accolades to Turbine for addressing this...

my 2c.

ps. I know by posting this I am a adding to the problem thread, but I saw no other way

Have fun!
    We will make sure that the first post in this thread contains all of the latest and relevant information.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Default Little Late

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We will make sure that the first post in this thread contains all of the latest and relevant information.

Last update was 02-28-2012, 08:43 PM .............................................that was 16 hours ago.. how about something like every 12 hours? We cant get a refund, we cant get our items... Updated information is free to give out, wont cost Turbine any money.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Victor_1 View Post
    Turbine, could you elaborate what should we do if we didn't receive 11k TP point from bundle please?

I didn't receive TP after activating code. Only noticed these issues after purchasing bundle pack
    I am guessing I should just wait and see how things goes. But 140 USD is pretty big spending.
    (to me it was like 112-4 USD thanks to current USD - JP Yen rate but anyways...) Any assurance would be appreciated.
    Please make sure that you are using the Turbine Point code (2nd code in the email that includes your expansion pre-order product key), and that you are applying that code in the DDO Store in-game. This can be done by opening the DDO Store, clicking "Add Points", then enter the code in the Redeem Code box. Thanks!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Noctunicus View Post
    The ultimate Turbine fix, I think, will bring true relevance to the phrase "Have my cake & eat it too!" I expect the remedy will do nothing more than contribute to the "virtual obesity" problems we suffer from here in the United States. Now THAT'S FUNNY folks! Harrr-de-har-harr!

But, it's not our characters that are consuming the 6 year old cake. We're actually pawning it off on an unsuspecting Djinni! *muffled chuckle* He has NO IDEA it's 6 years old!! *snicker*
    PLEASE FIX LAG. PLEASE FIX BUGS.

Community Member

A If you read before posting you would know there are several items you get when you pay the 80 dollars. The xp tomes probably being the most important. When your friends are running at 50% xp bonus, and your not, you fall behind in hours and can no longer play with your friends. Should half your friends wait because Turbine is selling a product that doesn't work?
    Dont presume I didnt read. I am affected like everyone else who preordered and didnt get the items. I have friends waiting on me as well.I agree it has put my schedule back and is frustrating.

Just quickly .. Do you blame everyone that has logged into Lamania for not finding bugs as much as you do Turbine for unwillingly creating them? Lamania afterall is a live testbed put in place for that one reason.

B Obama said the country would be fixed as a matter of priority.. see how that is working out?
    I dont know how to respond to using Obama as a point in an arguement... he doesnt work for Turbine and didnt cause the bug. How does that relate to Turbine and this bug? It would be like me using Malcom X as my answer. See how his dream worked out. Black americans are allowed to ride the bus. That was a success story just like the bug fix will eventually be.

C Complaining is the only way to get stuff done, people need to read history more.
    Reporting bugs gets things done. If someone acts like a jerk and whines and complains it makes them feel better at the expense of others having to put up with the rubbish. Sending in a bug report for bugs as serious as this gets the right people looking for the problem and a solution to fix it quicker then a complainer can.

D The people addressing the problems are not forum moderators so they can address the jerks all they want and have no bearing on the development process.
    So your condoning being a jerk on forums as being ok because there are people employed to address it? Interesting thought there. Just because you can doesnt mean you should. Someone being a jerk about it once they already know Turbine is working on a fix as a priority is pretty selfish wouldnt you agree?

Community Member

Default Very Poor and fraudulant

I am not happy at all...spent $79 us AND ONLY GOT 2K FAVOUR POINTS....the deal is a complete rip off and misleading with poor in game support with just a form letter and not addressing individual questions. I will investigate with local police regarding false and misleading internet claims by Turbine. One very very unhappy customer

Quote Originally Posted by LordMaya View Post
    I am not happy at all...spent $79 us AND ONLY GOT 2K FAVOUR POINTS....the deal is a complete rip off and misleading with poor in game support with just a form letter and not addressing individual questions. I will investigate with local police regarding false and misleading internet claims by Turbine. One very very unhappy customer
    Ask them what the legal definition of fraud is in your jurisdiction, as well as libel. Then read your Terms of Service. Nice first post...

Seriously, look at the information available. Check the Dev Tracker posts... You will be fine...
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

So if this isnt new, then why did your rush into it?
    Silly me for thinking that if I paid for something it would work. I shouldn't have rushed into it I was wrong. I was rash. I made a mistake. But, I can't get information or a refund. I just want them to change their practices.

I love the dog but I hate the master...

Quote Originally Posted by LordMaya View Post
    How can you be surprised that you got 2000 TP, unless you are unable to read English (or any of the other languages it was advertised in)? It is laid out clear as day.

Quote Originally Posted by DOA666 View Post
    Dont presume I didnt read. I am affected like everyone else who preordered and didnt get the items. I have friends waiting on me as well.I agree it has put my schedule back and is frustrating.

Just quickly .. Do you blame everyone that has logged into Lamania for not finding bugs as much as you do Turbine for unwillingly creating them? Lamania afterall is a live testbed put in place for that one reason.

I dont know how to respond to using Obama as a point in an arguement... he doesnt work for Turbine and didnt cause the bug. How does that relate to Turbine and this bug? It would be like me using Malcom X as my answer. See how his dream worked out. Black americans are allowed to ride the bus. That was a success story just like the bug fix will eventually be.

Reporting bugs gets things done. If someone acts like a jerk and whines and complains it makes them feel better at the expense of others having to put up with the rubbish. Sending in a bug report for bugs as serious as this gets the right people looking for the problem and a solution to fix it quicker then a complainer can.

So your condoning being a jerk on forums as being ok because there are people employed to address it? Interesting thought there. Just because you can doesnt mean you should. Someone being a jerk about it once they already know Turbine is working on a fix as a priority is pretty selfish wouldnt you agree?
    Lamania is a preview server, not a test server. Obama was an analogy (In a narrower sense, analogy is an inference or an argument from one particular to another particular). If there was no whining and complaining you would be paying $100.00 for a bag of tea. Being a jerk is irrelevant if the information presented is factual. We have a right to be mad the the only way you can get a refund is to have your account banned. We are mad we paid for something we didn't get. We are mad that we don't get updates on the situation for over 16 hours. We are mad that they are only patching a fix that will address new orders. What about everyone who already got scammed out of their $80.00? You can drink joy and have fun in the sun, i will sit in this dark office and freak out. It's my right as a paying customer.

Who is working on the people who already got scammed? Find me the post on how we are going to get our items back and when? a day, week month? After the release? Will we have to buy it again after the patch just so it works and we will get a refund? or will we just have to double pay? How can you not be mad?

Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast