Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

Thanks for the first rate effort and information, Tolero, Cordovan and Turbine!

Trust me, you all want them to get this exactly right. They're doing this the right way. They made it a top priority, assured us they would get us information as soon as it was available, and have waited until they were certain of their information rather than prematurely risking misleading or misspeaking.

I am now absolutely sure everyone will come away satisfied after this is over, and very soon. With such a broad ranging "live-fix" as this is likely to be, even if its simply some form of compensation, they do need the time to get it right. So far, this is VERY fast by any reasonable development and support standards.

As for in-game World Announcements, opinions vary, but I strongly suspect as many people would be annoyed as would be helped by constant in-game interruption.

as for whether something takes 15 minutes or 12 hours, some things just take a certain minimum amount of time, and that's just reality. You can ASK to have something sooner than it can be done, and it can be PROMISED sooner than it can be done, but it will always take as long as is needed to get it done, and that includes getting accurate and up-to-date information and getting it out through the right channels with the right approval.

Thanks for the update Turbine team!

I eagerly await the opportunity to use my pre-purchase goodies. Noticing the high level of forum complaints, I waited, and I shall continue to do so until an official notice is posted.

Once again, thanks and good luck!
    Keep up the good work guys!

(I heard a random rumor that for every day we had to wait, innocent kobolds were going to be killed. Please, think of the kobolds!!)
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

So what about the Cakes and the items, which we haven't recieve?

The only solution to this fiasco is a second round of cakes! A second helping of Bonus items from expansion, A +2 loot weekend and 20%/renown xp bonus. ?

Thanks for heads up tho. Kinda a day late for most of us, But lets hope it all gets rectified for everyone who did not get thier items.
    Born to play, Forced to work !

Aha, "second round" also for those who recieved an items? It will be unfairly, especially towards those who can't spend money to buy +2-+100500 Tomes in DDO Store...
    Last edited by Kaphiel; 02-28-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Yea so appropriate dont let anyone know they might not recieve there goodies so they keep spending the $80+ had I know I would of held off on purchasing the expansion and I didnt buy it till 8 hours after the update so please dont say they didnt know about the issue by then but all that matters is the bottom line not making sure there customers are happy. Like plenty of people have said not that hard to list this issue with the cake issue on the launcher, but I guess share holder dividends come before customer satisfaction. Also might want to employee some extra GM's when your selling faulty products. I didnt even recieve a GM has looked at your ticket in over 6hours....
    Officer of Renowned

Thelanis

(Click here too check us out)

Polverizing The Wise, Dotting The Cleanser, Polarities The Undying, Sosage The Killer, Shootin The piercer & many more holders of items.

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    So the cake bug and the MoTU pre-order item bug was in the release notes and known issues threads and available before the product went on sale? Really? Can you link to one of those threads?
    The first thing I do for any release:

1. Read the release notes.
    2. Read the known issues.
    3. Check the general tab for any sudden issues that cropped up.

This is while the update is loading in the launcher. So it is not like I am wasting playing time.

There were multiple people posting problems, so before the game even loaded I had heard about all of the above issues before I set foot on the server.

If someone chooses to load up the very minute the servers are up and TR knowing the history of buggy releases in DDO - that is very brave. Using up 'one time only' items when you have no idea everything is working yet properly...again brave.

And by brave - I mean caveat emptor. If you jump into a dark room blindly without checking to see if it safe, you dont get to complain that there was something hard or pointy right under foot.

Thanks for finding it for everyone else - but that is the price of not looking first.

People not getting stuff from preorder is a big customer service issue - but it has been all of one day and Turbine is basically all over it, when in the past getting to this point could have taken a week or more.

But anyone who expects everything to work perfectly minutes after a big update has not been paying attention to every previous update in DDO.
    Last edited by Riggs; 02-28-2012 at 05:33 PM.

I've gotten nothing on first 3 characters that tried to redeem before the notice.

Most sad is all the XP I didn't get during the past two days of leveling from the missing greater tome of learning.
    I ran a Ravenloft Fan Video Trailer Contest. Thanks for all the entries. Checkout the winners:
    Details Here

This bug Got me to but I reported in game glad to see it is being worked on...
    § Diligence §

Dear Turbine,

A glitch in your website caused me to purchase two pre-orders when I only intended to purchase one.

A glitch in your game caused me to not receive any of the pre-order stuff (that I had just effectively paid double price for).

Needless to say I am not 100% satisfied right now, but you know what? That's okay. Mistakes happen. You are all human beings and I, as a mature adult, understand this. Thank you for acknowledging the problem. And thank you for attempting to fix it as efficiently as possible. I look forward to both having this issue resolved soon, and to doing business with you again in the future.

Sincerely,
    Expalphalog

To clarify to those who will neg rep me for this: This is not me 'bending over.' This is not me being a 'fanboi.' This is me accepting that perfection is an impossibility and that even though we all strive towards it, sometimes we fall along the way. This is also me tapping into my years and years of customer service experience and realizing that not one single person who has tried to get what they want from me by yelling, screaming, and threatening has ever had their issue resolved as quickly, satisfactorily, or thoroughly as the customer who smiled and remained calm, and that's a fact.
    Last edited by Expalphalog; 02-28-2012 at 05:38 PM. Reason: stupid typos...
    Bronies: For those who get it, no explanation is needed; for those who don't, none will do.

Community Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Heh, you wanted them to announce the fix and schedule it before they programmed and tested it?
    Tested something... you're kidding, right?

Just went back to check the time stamps.

One of the first posts in the general tab saying there was a problem looks like it was about 1 hour after the downtime. Soon after, more posts.

One hour.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riggs View Post

1. read the forums
    2. read release notes
    3. read the forums
    4. read known issues
    5. read the forums.
    6. I'm still at work so.. read the forums some more.
    20. Finally at home, update client with an informed idea if it is worth to log in or not.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Expalphalog View Post
    Dear Turbine,

A glitch in your website caused me to purchase two pre-orders when I only intended to purchase one.
    Point in fact, it isn't their website, it is their 3rd party vendor for the expansion. So who to take it up with I really don't know. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Riggs View Post

aaaand like I thought you couldn't link to any release notes or known issues that were published BEFORE the cake went live or the MoTU token went live that people could have read.

There were multiple people posting problems, so before the game even loaded I had heard about all of the above issues before I set foot on the server.
    Lucky for you. The first people to sign on didn't have the luxury read about all the failures that occurred since there were none. In fact, it seemed to be working correctly at first.

Thanks for finding it for everyone else - but that is the price of not looking first..
    Ha ha so all the players should wait and not redeem the cake or token or purchase the expansion until... when? Cuz if we are all waiting for the other player to jump in first... understand?

But anyone who expects everything to work perfectly minutes after a big update has not been paying attention to every previous update in DDO.
    So all the players who joined between U12 and now should have known this how?

I also believe adopting a wait and see attitude toward software releases is the best approach, but unlike you I at least have a modicum of empathy for those who did not. And I certainly don't blame them for suffering from Turbine's mistake.

So pretty much the opposite of your 'boywereyouguysdumbnotsmartlikemeee!!!' attitude.

Community Member

Unhappy My Issue With This

The original post said the hot fix was for people who buy the pack AFTER tomorrow's hot fix. The rest of us who already bought and didnt receive, come to this thread for further instructions.

Am I reading this wrong or is Turbine fixing/prioritizing so that more players can continue to buy the pack (give Turbine more $$$) and THEN going back to find the issues for people who already GAVE THEM $$$.

While I appreciate the fact that they are in business to make money, it leaves a sour taste in my mouth all the same. I have no doubt it will be fixed, But I'm getting cranky!! This isn't how customer service is supposed to work. Just because we are getting some form of customer service, it doesnt mean its correct customer service. :P

thanks for the reply. i still think this post should be locked. no offense. but im only insterested in what the devs/officers/moderators/big chongos have to say XD

thanks for working on it. a shame i cant use the stuff right away, but at least i know hope is not lost!

Community Member

We are waiting;Do not broken our hearts……

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Due to item delivery issues, do not yet activate the “6 Year Old Birthday Cake” or the “Menace of the Underdark: Pre-purchase Ticket” found in character inventories.
    If you’ve already experienced an item delivery issue with cakes or pre-purchase tickets, we are in the process of implementing fixes for both of these issues. Please note the following:
    • CAKE: If you already activated your cake but did not receive your items on that character, you do not need to submit a ticket to receive assistance.
    • PRE-PURCHASE ITEMS: If you already activated your pre-purchase expansion ticket and the character did not receive the pre-purchase bonus items, please stand by for further instructions. More information will be provided as soon as it is available.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience!
    Thank you for admitting that there is a problem and trying to communicate with the player base. I hope that this issue gets resolved quickly and hope even more that you (Turbine) will compensate the players for the time that they should have had their items. If this is fixed within the next day or 2 i see a straight fix as being fair but after that some TP or other bonus should be handed out as the service was paid for and not received in a timely manner. Perhaps this is only my opinion but I see this as being a good business practice.

Hope to hear good news soon, thanks Tolero and Cordovan.
    Toastee McRoastybuns - Shinigamii - Theifing Slum - Bakabaka - Salsasnack - Tssst The Dog Whisperer
    MrBlonde - Omakase Omnomnom - Austrian Deathmachine - Consonar Crazy Ivan
    Ascent

Quote Originally Posted by furbyoats View Post
    Thank you for admitting that there is a problem and trying to communicate with the player base. I hope that this issue gets resolved quickly and hope even more that you (Turbine) will compensate the players for the time that they should have had their items. If this is fixed within the next day or 2 i see a straight fix as being fair but after that some TP or other bonus should be handed out as the service was paid for and not received in a timely manner. Perhaps this is only my opinion but I see this as being a good business practice.

Hope to hear good news soon, thanks Tolero and Cordovan.
    Compensate? lol.. Some of us been waiting 6 years for compensation for the horrible problems we have had in the past. This however might be the biggest blunder of gaming history to sell a product and get nothing in return. And to continue to sell the product knowing it doesn't work 9 out of 10 times, is incomprehensible. Nobody cares about customer service or its player base, its all revenue like any business. They are getting people to buy an expansion that doesn't even exist yet. They don't care, and they never will, because we will continue to play. Player retention is non-existent in their cash cow.

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast