Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Preorders are not tested in the preview/ test worlds. It is almost impossible for us to do this out there with non-employees.
    What broke was something in the world QA did not even know existed, so we had no metric to test against. All our tests for delivery worked brilliantly, since there was a variable that we did not know to test against. Same exact thing with the cake. I thought at first it was a load issue too, it isn't, it is something else. Ask me some other time and I'll explain the crazy. Mushrooms are the same as doors strikes again...things you would never think are related...are.

Remember TR inventory issue was found on Lamma, and tons of other issues.Should have the tester regressing the other TR issue seen it? Yep, but this late in the cycle testers ususally just test the fix, not a full pass at the system. He shortcutted his way through the system to get to the fixed part. Poor choice maybe, but this late in the cycle these are the decisions people make.
    Anyway the preview worlds worked better than ever before. Having a bug forum there was super helpful. Some of you in the community really stepped up, and this was noticed!

Anyway Fixes on the way, stay tuned. There are around a dozen things we are in the process of verifying right now for a patch.

Maj.
    Thanks for this update! Could we get this on like, you know, it's own forum at the very top of the threads to make everyone feel a little better?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ferd View Post
    Any word on a larger cursor?
    Some people are never satisfied

BTW: +1 to this. I swear I spend at least 10 seconds per crazy battle wondering where on earth my cursor has gone.

This is why I am a bad healer. No other reason. HONEST !

Community Member DeafeningWhisper's Avatar

I wouldn't take the OP too seriously: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=363703, he's just mad no one could tell him where he was, what he was wearing, his name and how to walk and chew gum at the same time
    "Pike or do not. There is no lag."

Preorders are not tested in the preview/ test worlds. It is almost impossible for us to do this out there with non-employees.
    What broke was something in the world QA did not even know existed, so we had no metric to test against. All our tests for delivery worked brilliantly, since there was a variable that we did not know to test against. Same exact thing with the cake. I thought at first it was a load issue too, it isn't, it is something else. Ask me some other time and I'll explain the crazy. Mushrooms are the same as doors strikes again...things you would never think are related...are.

Remember TR inventory issue was found on Lamma, and tons of other issues.Should have the tester regressing the other TR issue seen it? Yep, but this late in the cycle testers ususally just test the fix, not a full pass at the system. He shortcutted his way through the system to get to the fixed part. Poor choice maybe, but this late in the cycle these are the decisions people make.
    Anyway the preview worlds worked better than ever before. Having a bug forum there was super helpful. Some of you in the community really stepped up, and this was noticed!

Anyway Fixes on the way, stay tuned. There are around a dozen things we are in the process of verifying right now for a patch.

Maj.
    I like you a little more with each patch.
    Aeolwind (5/12) - 18 Sorc/1 Art | Melisandria - 20 Fighter SD | Anlona - 20 cleric RS

Maj.
    By your avatar i take it you dropped the Pats for the Bengals? J/k dont blame brady!

Same exact thing with the cake. I thought at first it was a load issue too, it isn't, it is something else. Ask me some other time and I'll explain the crazy. Mushrooms are the same as doors strikes again...things you would never think are related...are.

The cake is a lie. Sometimes, you don't get what you wish for.

Please, post in some other place the actual story. I am intrigued.

As for the bug forum, have your resigned to saying we were right to have a place to post it (and not trust bug submittal)?
    Oh, that's easy. I didn't farm them. I just cheated. -Meghan
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    lol, I didnt give it a QA pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
    You are certainly going to love him soon (tm).
    Oh, that's easy. I didn't farm them. I just cheated. -Meghan
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    lol, I didnt give it a QA pass.

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
    and here I was going to ask MajMal if it is wrong for a man to love another man ...
    Last edited by Hafeal; 02-28-2012 at 05:38 PM.
    Gamma Tester, Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Beta Tester, DDO: Eberron Unlimited
    Alpha Tester, DDO: Stormreach

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hafeal View Post
    and here I was going to ask MajMal if it is wrong for a man to love another man ...
    No, Hafeal, you can't have his budlite.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

It's not okay for people in QA to take shortcuts like this in the testing process. But it's also not okay for people in QA to have to skip critical tests entirely because of the severe time crunch involved. And it's also not okay for people in QA to work the kind of rediculous hours that we all know your group has been forced to put in over the past year.

Fundamentally, that's why I don't blame the QA department for the software quality problems that we've seen from Turbine. In order to improve the quality of the releases, Turbine needs to improve the version control, magically make all of the developers know all of the shortcuts and quirks employed by other developers who left the company years ago and allow more time at the end of a release cycle for

One of those things has already started to happen. One of those things is just impossible except with the brutal instructions of the school of hard knocks. And the last of those things is entirely outside of the control of the QA department. The amount of time allowed for testing and fixes isn't in MajMalphunktion's control. It's in Fernano's hands or in the hands of another product manager.

MajMal, thanks for keeping us in the loop.

No. No one does any testing at all. Turbine pays hundreds of little elves in QCberron to stand by and watch with bated breath for you to post your every wish so that they can finally get work to please you and only you.

Really, it's true. Someone told me.

Hero

Some of you in the community really stepped up, and this was noticed!
    What is Turbine proposing to reward those who spend their time testing and bug reporting? Some mention of this was made a few months ago, but nothing has been communicated.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    What is Turbine proposing to reward those who spend their time testing and bug reporting? Some mention of this was made a few months ago, but nothing has been communicated.
    How about a "thanks" and a knowledge that you made the game better?

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    A laurel themed cosmetic hat and a hearty handshake.

Quote Originally Posted by KongColeus View Post
    Because at what we are doing now, we are basically debugging this entire release.
    I feel(fear?) that i will enjoy Faerun quests in august a lot better than people who pre-ordered the expansion...
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

Quote Originally Posted by KongColeus View Post
    Just what do they do on those servers? Learn how to exploit?

Because they definitely did not test any of this stuff. I know the TR bug has been complained about before the release.

Have all of the testing be done on live. Because at what we are doing now, we are basically debugging this entire release.
    Is this your first time playing DDO? You should know this stuff already. You're stating it like it's news.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Maj.
    Thank you Maj,
    I for one am glad that I can come over to Lama land and help do bug tests.
    I do not do this to find exploits or ways to bug the system to get the "phat lOotz", I do it so that people who choose not to help out can complain about me and others like me.

Saal
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

Maj.
    As a programmer myself I feel for you guys. Also as a programmer, from one professional to another I really hope one of those dozen fixes is the transparency fail on the loader. That looks amateurish and unprofessional, and is the first impression you make on a new player.

DDO Producer

Yes that is one of the fixes. Grr...

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Yes that is one of the fixes. Grr...
    Huh? What are you referring to here? >><<

P.S. Please make shared bank window resizable again Thanks! :P! !
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast