Default Is it possible to disable cinematic cutscenes?

Ran the new quest series today, and at the end of it, I got the cutscene. It was a bit garbled, with some cool footage of the Demonweb Pits, then some footage of a female drow's cleavage while she said something about how dreamy Elminster is.

Then my client crashed.

Then I restarted the client, logged in, and again attempted to collect my end reward. Same cutscene, same cleavage, same mention of MarySue-minster, same crash...

But the third time, the THIRD TIME, it stayed up (in spite of Llolth's crush on Toril's best-dressed Wizard) and I was finally able to get my quest reward.

PS: While you're at it, a UI checkbox to have Elminster NOT EXIST would be pretty awesome too.
    Give a man a fish, and he demands two more tomorrow.
    Teach a man to fish, and he'll leave to find somebody who'll just give him a fish.
    Beat him unconscious with the fish, and it's comedy.

Default hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Entelech View Post
    Ran the new quest series today, and at the end of it, I got the cutscene. It was a bit garbled, with some cool footage of the Demonweb Pits, then some footage of a female drow's cleavage while she said something about how dreamy Elminster is.

Then my client crashed.

Then I restarted the client, logged in, and again attempted to collect my end reward. Same cutscene, same cleavage, same mention of MarySue-minster, same crash...

But the third time, the THIRD TIME, it stayed up (in spite of Llolth's crush on Toril's best-dressed Wizard) and I was finally able to get my quest reward.

PS: While you're at it, a UI checkbox to have Elminster NOT EXIST would be pretty awesome too.
    They said they got some help from Ed Greenwood so probably gonna have a bit of Elminster in there. It will be ok.
    ashlick , bizkit, boobooface, breeewind, breunorson, crystalin, dreamless, drunkenorc, earthborn, elation, elazibeth, firesavant, ftwjust, gabrrielle, hiting, idelisa, inactive,jessamyne, keeblerorc,keighra, killia, layniebug, lmyc, mealltach, nicholete, ravinclaws, sapphiire, tairrdelbach, teenny

I crashed watching the in game cutscene last night, lost my end chest. =/ Cut scene was so choppy that it barely played. Clicking in the 'black part' around the video allowed me to bypass it and collect my end reward.
    Aeolwind (5/12) - 18 Sorc/1 Art | Melisandria - 20 Fighter SD | Anlona - 20 cleric RS

Just hit escape while its playing. It should terminate it straight away - it did for me at least. Didn't crash the client though.
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Sir Winston Churchill

If it helps, they plan to add a fix to improve the preview video in the hot fix:

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    This hotfix will include several fixes. In general, this hotfix aims to address Menace of the Underdark preorder ticket issues and Six Year Old Birthday Cake issues for people who redeem these items after tomorrow's hotfix, improve performance of the Menace of the Underdark preview video, fix a launcher window display issue being experienced by some players, and return reincarnations. Remember to use this thread to get the latest information on cake and ticket issues.
    Personally I'd prefer a skip box somewhere in the options.

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

yea i really hate this too, however I feel its more of an advertisement than a cutscene after all, since the purpose is to advertise a product for purchase.

I wish we could just disable it.

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ferrite View Post
    yea i really hate this too, however I feel its more of an advertisement than a cutscene after all, since the purpose is to advertise a product for purchase.

I wish we could just disable it.
    Will re post this here since it seems helpful for folks.

Umm, Tolero...

I realize you don't have a lot of control over this, and I'm not trying to be mean to you or any of the Devs, but a keystroke command that is not documented anywhere in the game and which may or may not work as of some indefinite future date is not what I asked for.

If the cutscene crashes your client when it launches, a keystroke to close the cutscene after it has crashed your client is pointless. (Insert saying about closing the barn door after the horses have escaped here.)

Instead, perhaps a change to the dialog box of the end reward giver is in order: (1) Claim reward and watch cinematic cutscene, (2) Claim reward and skip cutscene, or (3) End conversation.

After the quest has been run 2 or 3 times, the cutscene loses its' appeal in any case, and I can only think that enforced advertising can only hurt the game in the long run. What's next? Mandatory Pepsi commercials before you can claim your end reward for a ToD run?
    Give a man a fish, and he demands two more tomorrow.
    Teach a man to fish, and he'll leave to find somebody who'll just give him a fish.
    Beat him unconscious with the fish, and it's comedy.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Entelech View Post
    After the quest has been run 2 or 3 times, the cutscene loses its' appeal in any case, and I can only think that enforced advertising can only hurt the game in the long run. What's next? Mandatory Pepsi commercials before you can claim your end reward for a ToD run?
    IF it gives me a bonus to my loot, and even better a coupon code to use for more drink.... I may possibly do it.

I really need to cut down though, but work has been a bit more stressful as of late and soda is one of the few things non prescription (I don't do illegal) that calms me down and is pretty cheep comparative.

Maybe the fix isn't so easy. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Something has come up that is leading to an unavoidable delay in our hotfix. We've been working through the day and evening to get these fixes ready, but unfortunately an issue cropped up that is preventing us from deploying the hotfix in the morning. We will let you know when the hotfix is ready, and thank you for your patience!

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

IMO advertising has no place in this, cutscene sure, I watched it and thought hey this is pretty good, tying this quest... waiiiitttt ....... ohhhhh... it's just an ad ..... pffft. click... ignore.;

Fair enough put some leading into type cutscenes in, but please don't use advertising as we know it things like the "COMING SOON ! " or when it's available and website address etc, just cheapens the game and makes it look like a really commercial POS out to suck the $$ from the population. (which it may well be, but at least try not to look like it is).

Use a cutscene in context with no "BUY NOW" type deals, things like that make me not want to buy anything because I feel it's being forced down our throughts.

We all know it's coming, if we are playing the game then we are very well aware of it.