Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by xSeverinax View Post
    So if you are a vip the collectors bundle is a waste of money? Just the greater and lesser tomes? The pets are just distracting fluff, and the quests we already have. We get druid and challenges anyway even if we don't buy, so why spend $80 when you can spend $30 and get the same deal?
    I would say that depends on what is important to you.

Collector's editions gives every character you have a lesser tome of learning, and it gives every new character you EVER create a lesser tome of learning at creation.

And for some people (not me), I'm sure the pets are neat.

Lesser tomes are essentially $10-$15 each in the store.

so for $50 over the base, you get $20 in TP, plus $10 tomes for every character you have and every new character you ever create on EVERY server, plus a $15-$25 greater tome for one character on every server.

So, I see $35-$50 in value immediately ($20 TP and $15-$25 greater tome), and you can't discount the $10-$15 tome on every character.

Just based on the tomes and TP alone, it's a value in the long run (and that's without the fluff of the pets and the mask).

And of course, if you ever wanted to stop being VIP, you'd have a huge headstart with the two Classic adventure packs they are giving you.

And the Veteran Status goes across every server. You could start new characters at Level 7 on a server you never played on instead of having to grind out 3000 favor on one of those servers.
    Last edited by Kylstrem; 02-27-2012 at 09:19 AM.

Pirate Cursed

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    So to reiterate: yes as soon as you login on the 25th if you're a VIP you can create a Druid, even if you didn't purchase the expansion.
    THank you. The ammount of doom in this thread just decreased by 400%....

But then why, In the data table, say that in the base the druid is not free to ViP's but the other 2 bundles they are?

conflicting data is conflicting

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    This question is covered in the FAQ:

So to reiterate: yes as soon as you login on the 25th if you're a VIP you can create a Druid, even if you didn't purchase the expansion.
    THANKS for the clarification.

It didn't appear clear to me because of what you guys at Turbine did to us with the asterisked "FREE*" artificer class.

Community Member

Default June 25th

And also, yay, we have a release date! June 25th. I was afraid "summer" would mean somewhere in September...
    Various hedge-wizards and halfwits, please see MyDDO for all your squelching needs
    Lyrandar 2006 - Devourer 2007 - Thelanis 2009 - Ghallanda 2010

Community Member

Have to agree with an earlier post, that these seem aimed at getting new players which is fine & positive, but seem poor for existing players.

As a premium player I own most of the packs offered in the bundles and while I would love the benefits of the Tomes and pet it just feels wrong to repay for something I already payed for.

Why not offer a collectors edition at a reduced price that excludes the existing adventure packs as this would probably be attractive to lots of the current player base including VIPs.

From a VIP pov the $30 pack seems best, but you can't help feeling you're missing out.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default When can I access adventure packs?

When can I access the adventure packs?

If I buy it today can I access the adventure packs NOW or do I wait until June 26? I expect June 25 to be a total oops.

Will the 2,000 Turbine points appear now or on June 25th?

Does the Onyx Panther just appear in someones inventory when they turn level 18 or if they are level 18 on June 25th? Or does it appear in a level ONE inventory and it is just red blocked out?

I will assume all of the other stuff will appear on June 25th. Helm, pets, druids, etc.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Razcar View Post
    And also, yay, we have a release date! June 25th. I was afraid "summer" would mean somewhere in September...
    Ha! You weren't the only one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    When can I access the adventure packs?

If I buy it today can I access the adventure packs NOW or do I wait until June 26? I expect June 25 to be a total oops.

Will the 2,000 Turbine points appear now or on June 25th?

Does the Onyx Panther just appear in someones inventory when they turn level 18 or if they are level 18 on June 25th? Or does it appear in a level ONE inventory and it is just red blocked out?

I will assume all of the other stuff will appear on June 25th. Helm, pets, druids, etc.
    Everything except the Epic Destinies, new adventure/challenge packs, and Druids will be unlocked and delivered immediately [or so is stated].

The specific pets/helmets/other bonus items are listed as being exclusive to pre-order, which suggests that when the pack is released we will have access to a different selection, or, more likely, a less 'blinged out' selection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default Thanks Dagolar

Available during Pre-Purchase only!

You will receive the Menace of the Underdark Expansion Adventure Packs, the Druid Class, Epic Destinies, and the Eveningstar Challenge Pack at launch, plus access to the following items that you can begin using immediately:

I just read that blurb at the top of the offer myself just now.

And reading the FAQ says

When do I get my pre-purchase bonus items?

Many pre-purchase items can be used right away. There’s no need to wait until the expansion arrives in the summer, have fun with them today! The following items can be accessed and used immediately when you pre-purchase the expansion:
    Limited Time Collector’s Edition: Greater Tome of Learning, Lesser Tome of Learning, Turbine Points, Veteran Status 4 & 7, “DDO Classics” & “DDO Epic Classics” Adventure packs, Demonweb Spiderling, Druid’s Wolf Pup, Onyx Panther cub, Figurine of Wondrous Power, Elite Spider Cult mask.
    Standard Edition: Greater Tome of Learning, Turbine Points, Veteran Status 4, “DDO Classics” adventure pack, Demonweb Spiderling, Druid’s Wolf Pup, Spider Cult mask.
    Base Edition: Lesser Tome of Learning, Demonweb Spiderling
    Last edited by moomooprincess; 02-27-2012 at 09:32 AM.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Maghor View Post
    Have to agree with an earlier post, that these seem aimed at getting new players which is fine & positive, but seem poor for existing players.

As a premium player I own most of the packs offered in the bundles and while I would love the benefits of the Tomes and pet it just feels wrong to repay for something I already payed for.

Why not offer a collectors edition at a reduced price that excludes the existing adventure packs as this would probably be attractive to lots of the current player base including VIPs.

From a VIP pov the $30 pack seems best, but you can't help feeling you're missing out.
    I immediately had the same reaction... why would a VIP pay $50 more? Then I did the math on what we were getting.

Please see my earlier post.
    For an extra $50 (for collector's edition) you are getting:
    1) $20 in TP (2000 points)
    2) $15 to $25 in a Greater Learning tome (don't know the cost yet but between 1495 to 2495 TP probably)
    3) A $10-$15 lesser learning tome on every character you have (existing and future) forever.
    4) Less valuable, but Vet Status II on every server (not just the one you most likely have a character with 3000 favor on).
    5) Headstart on going Premium F2P with the 2 Free adventure packs (if this is something you would do).
    6) the fluff of the pets and the mask.

so, almost two items in the collector's (TP and Greater Tome onone character) pay for the Collector's edition.

Don't forget... a character on every server can get the Greater tome as well. That's huge if you play across servers.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

I saw $79.99 and was a bit upset....

As a VIP, I expected a bit of a bonus.

As I read more, Saw what ya got, and did calculations in my head, I cant see why anyone wouldnt just buy the big special edition.

I may actually buy the points bundle as well even though I just bought one...

Just use this opportunity to go "Free"..... As it seems VIP's pretty much get nothing anyway....

Oh Well.. Still adds up to a good value.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Default Yay VIP

Quote Originally Posted by goodspeed View Post
    The packs are really nice for people that don't have most of that stuff, but otherwise a bit of a hurt.

I think the base would be good for those who already have the epics and those quests. All total they would come to 5680 tp. Think it's 8.2k on bonus for 60 bucks. So the 30 bucks would be a pretty much even for the gain. (ud cut out the 1500tp druid class)

Standard seems like a waste. Even without those things it really only gives the druid. (Well and 1 greater tome but not sure it justifies.) where in tp it would net ya 1600. Course this isn't factoring in any bonus's or %off of items either.

Premium however actually does have merit. (to sly you dogs) Again if you don't have the packs it's ok, vet 7 is still eh because hell most are tring. Be ok one day when we ditch our characters and start anew on a new server.

But the prize jewel for that 70 bucks is the tomes. The greater sure but the lessers for EACH character. That's what makes it tempting to not go basic. Not sure how much the tomes individually would cost though. So id still want to do some math in percentages.

Also sweet jesus 1500 for the druid class? That better be the most amazing kickass class of beings ever to this very date. And by god had it better be all powerful. Overpowered should be an understatement on those puppies. Cause in that ballpark I fullheartedly expect to pay to win lol.
    The druid class FREE to VIP woot!
    ashlick , bizkit, boobooface, breeewind, breunorson, crystalin, dreamless, drunkenorc, earthborn, elation, elazibeth, firesavant, ftwjust, gabrrielle, hiting, idelisa, inactive,jessamyne, keeblerorc,keighra, killia, layniebug, lmyc, mealltach, nicholete, ravinclaws, sapphiire, tairrdelbach, teenny

Quote Originally Posted by Dagolar View Post
    All in all, in poor taste.
    Methinks thou dost not doeth the maths...

The four elements of the expansion (if you aren't VIP) are a total of 5700 points by themselves. You get 2000 points with the premium plan. You also get a free greater tome of learning (that's like 2500pts, IIRC?) and lesser tomes of learning for your other characters (minimum of 3, therefore. They are about 1500pts).

so you are spending $80 for about 15000 points worth of stuff before you count the fluff items or the adventure packs.

You aren't paying for the adventure packs. They are throw ins for the new players.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    I saw $79.99 and was a bit upset....

As a VIP, I expected a bit of a bonus.

As I read more, Saw what ya got, and did calculations in my head, I cant see why anyone wouldnt just buy the big special edition.

I may actually buy the points bundle as well even though I just bought one...

Just use this opportunity to go "Free"..... As it seems VIP's pretty much get nothing anyway....

Oh Well.. Still adds up to a good value.
    decided it was worth it barely as a VIP and with the bonus if I ever go premium I do get some packs

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Community Member

TP Value of the Expansion - Collector's Edition ($79.99 US Dollars)
    22,845 TP's Value

3 x Menace of the Underdark Adventure Packs - 2495 TP
    Eveningstar Challenge Pack - 695 TP
    Druid Class - 1495 TP
    Epic Destinies - 995 TP

Note: The following about the tomes is assuming 5 Characters only on a single server only. In reality the value is potentially 8 x Greater and 232 x Lesser to represent all the possible character slots on all servers (Up to 30 Per Server, 240 Total).

1 x Greater Tome of Learning - 2295 TP
    4 x Lesser Tome of Learning - 5980 TP

2000 Turbine Points - 2000 TP

Veteran Status II (Lvl 7) - 1495?? TP
    Veteran Status I (Lvl 4) - 995 TP

Vault of Night Adventure Pack - 750 TP
    The Red Fens Adventure Pack - 450 TP
    Sentinels of Stormreach Adventure Pack - 450 TP
    Devil Assault Adventure Pack - 350 TP
    Phiarlan Carnival Adventure Pack - 450 TP
    Attack on Stormreach Adventure Pack - 550 TP
    The Path of Inspiration Adventure Pack - 450 TP
    The Dreaming Dark Adventure Pack - 450 TP

Note: Prices for the following are actually unknown, values given are only to represent some kind of value for them.

Demonweb Spiderling - 100 TP
    Druid's Wolf Pup - 100 TP
    Onyx Panther Cub - 100 TP
    Elite Spider Cult Mask - 100 TP
    Figurine of Wondrous Power - 100 TP

Total of 22,845 TP's Value
    Visit the DDO Wiki! Unique items: Quest Rewards - Raid Loot - Chest Loot - Item Sets
    DDO Store List, with references on how you can gain items ingame for free!

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

What is the "DDO Epic Classics Adventure Pack Bundle"?
    ~ Khyber - Crimson Eagles ~
    ~ Mellinator ~ Mellant ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Melvanwy ~

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post

If you have no interest in the FR or any of the expansion content, the VIP still gets druids for free. If you don't care about any of the exclusives, you can save your points between now and August and buy all the non free expansion content without paying anything above your base subscription.

There's another semi hidden bonus to the packs. A base premium account has 4 character slots. A base VIP account has 10 character slots.

So a VIP is getting 6 more lesser tomes of learning than the premium, potentially.

Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    What is the "DDO Epic Classics Adventure Pack Bundle"?
    I like MediumTurquoise, this is why I'm going to quote the following post from this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDearLeader View Post
    DDO Epic Classics Adventure Pack bundle
    Vault of Night
    The Red Fens
    Sentinels Stormreach
    Devil Assault

DDO Classics Adventure Pack bundle
    Phiarlan Carnival
    Attack on Stormreach
    The Path of Inspiration
    The Dreaming Dark
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

As a premium player my question is:If I pre-purchase the expansion and in the info it states that the Druid class is free to VIP-s does it mean that even though I purchased the expansion I still have to pay for a Druid class? (Presuming I didn't use the cheapest option?)

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by karl_k0ch View Post
    I like MediumTurquoise, this is why I'm going to quote the following post from this thread.
    Ah thank you... missed that...
    ~ Khyber - Crimson Eagles ~
    ~ Mellinator ~ Mellant ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Melvanwy ~

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast