Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Default Menace of the Underdark Expansion pre-purchase now available!

The Menace of the Underdark Prepurchase program is now available! Click here!

Be sure to check out our FAQ by clicking here.

Holy cow.

That's a lot to take in. Thanks for the info.

I think you just made a lot of VIPs very happy with the Druid, lol. I thought the price was huge until I saw everything you got with it. I would include the cost of the items listed on the FAQ page on the prepurchase announcement page.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Community Member

I'm in. Comes with a discount offer on a huge TP bundle as well. 11K TP for $60.

Cool!
    Last edited by badbob117; 02-27-2012 at 08:25 AM.
    Born to play, Forced to work !

In the first comparison table, Druid class is mentioned.
    It is indicated, that Druid class is included into the price of Collector's edition and Standard edition.

Do I understand this correctly? If I purchase the Standard edition, I get the Druid class?

"What is a Creature Companion? What are “tricks” and “collars”?"

Illusion, Tolero. A trick is what a ***** does for money.... Or candy!

Community Member

What is included in the "DDO Classics Adventure Pack bundle" and what in "DDO Epic Classics Adventure Pack bundle"?

Click on learn more.

DDO Epic Classics Adventure Pack bundle
    Vault of Night
    The Red Fens
    Sentinels Stormreach
    Devil Assault
    DDO Classics Adventure Pack bundle
    Phiarlan Carnival
    Attack on Stormreach
    The Path of Inspiration
    The Dreaming Dark

Quote Originally Posted by ulugutz View Post
    What is included in the "DDO Classics Adventure Pack bundle" and what in "DDO Epic Classics Adventure Pack bundle"?
    You can see it if you click the Learn More buttons, but I'm sure people will continue to have more questions about it so I'll paste here.

•DDO Epic Classics Adventure Pack bundle
    ◦Vault of Night
    ◦The Red Fens
    ◦Sentinels Stormreach
    ◦Devil Assault

•DDO Classics Adventure Pack bundle
    ◦Phiarlan Carnival
    ◦Attack on Stormreach
    ◦The Path of Inspiration
    ◦The Dreaming Dark

Very nice, actual information on a pack before it is released. This is very welcome.

However, I have a few questions:

Will the DDO epic classics and DDO classics bundles be of any use to someone who already has access to all current adventure packs?

Will it be possible to buy the expansion with TP in the DDO store once it is released?

Are "epic destinies" the epic levels that have been announced, and if it is part of the purchase, does it mean we will have to pay for being able to advance in epic levels?

edit: apparently my first question was answered while I was still typing it

edit2: so were my other questions after I read the faq. Maybe I should have read it before I made a post in a haste that turned out to be a waste of space...
    Last edited by Gizeh; 02-27-2012 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ulugutz View Post
    Greater Tome of Learning
    (1 free tome per DDO game world)
    Permanently increases experience earned by a character up to level 20. Provides +50% bonus to experience for first-time quest completions and +20% boost to other earned experience points. Stacks with other experience boosts and persists through all forms of reincarnation.

Lesser Tome of Learning

(1 free tome per character forever)
    Permanently increases experience earned by a character up to level 20. Provides +25% bonus to experience for first-time quest completions and +10% boost to other earned experience points. Stacks with other experience boosts and persists through all forms of reincarnation.

2,000 Turbine Points

Veteran Status (lvl 7) - Start a new character at level 7!

Veteran Status (lvl 4) - Start a new character at level 4!

DDO Epic Classics Adventure Pack bundle
    Vault of Night
    The Red Fens
    Sentinels Stormreach
    Devil Assault

DDO Classics Adventure Pack bundle
    Phiarlan Carnival
    Attack on Stormreach
    The Path of Inspiration
    The Dreaming Dark

Pre-Purchase Bonus Items!

Demonweb Spiderling Creature Companion
    A tame little spider from Lolth’s domain. Includes 3 tricks and a collar. Exclusively available with pre-purchase of Menace of the Underdark!

Druid's Wolf Pup Creature Companion
    A grey wolf pup as commonly seen accompanying young Druids. Includes 4 tricks and a collar. Exclusively available with pre-purchase of Menace of the Underdark!

Onyx Panther Cub Creature Companion
    A rare dark panther cub from Faerun. Includes 4 tricks and a collar. Exclusively available with pre-purchase of Menace of the Underdark!

Elite Spider Cult Mask cosmetic helmet
    Change your helmet appearance to a mask like the one worn by Lolth’s followers in Eberron and receive a stat bonus to character skills and poison resistance! This elite version includes more powerful effects and a unique black and red appearance.

Figurine of Wondrous Power: Onyx Panther
    Summon this Level 20 Black Panther Hireling to assist you in Dungeon and Wilderness Adventures! (min level 18 to use).

And I already have all of those packs....

but a lesser xp tome for EVERY character

oooooo might just have to shuffle some money around
    - Proud co-founder of the Dragonspire Legion -
    Souldout (Completionist Life 2), Diamese(TR), Darkfey, Darkwai(TR), Darkriff, Shayris, Shayrn, Tekron, & more semi-retired mules

The packs are really nice for people that don't have most of that stuff, but otherwise a bit of a hurt.

I think the base would be good for those who already have the epics and those quests. All total they would come to 5680 tp. Think it's 8.2k on bonus for 60 bucks. So the 30 bucks would be a pretty much even for the gain. (ud cut out the 1500tp druid class)

Standard seems like a waste. Even without those things it really only gives the druid. (Well and 1 greater tome but not sure it justifies.) where in tp it would net ya 1600. Course this isn't factoring in any bonus's or %off of items either.

Premium however actually does have merit. (to sly you dogs) Again if you don't have the packs it's ok, vet 7 is still eh because hell most are tring. Be ok one day when we ditch our characters and start anew on a new server.

But the prize jewel for that 70 bucks is the tomes. The greater sure but the lessers for EACH character. That's what makes it tempting to not go basic. Not sure how much the tomes individually would cost though. So id still want to do some math in percentages.

Also sweet jesus 1500 for the druid class? That better be the most amazing kickass class of beings ever to this very date. And by god had it better be all powerful. Overpowered should be an understatement on those puppies. Cause in that ballpark I fullheartedly expect to pay to win lol.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

nm. lern2readthreat ftw.
    Last edited by karl_k0ch; 02-27-2012 at 08:40 AM.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Community Member

That's very helpful link, BUT (but is ussually followed by truth) according to FAQ, we should find some info about payment methods on pre-order page - and I see none. And what exactly are "“DDO Classics” and/or “DDO Epic Classics”? Being premium player I already have some adv packs, and I'm not going to pay for them second time. And what exactly are Eveningstar Challenges - is it something like Cannith Challenges, or is it name of some adv pack?

Frankly, seeing that preorder page and FAQ I still don't know what do those offers include.

EDIT: K, I see listed adv pack bundles above.
    Last edited by Necromisiek; 02-27-2012 at 08:40 AM.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    The Menace of the Underdark Prepurchase program is now available! Click here!

Be sure to check out our FAQ by clicking here.
    What quests/packs are included in the DDO Classic adventure packs and what quests are included in the DDO Epic Classic adventure packs?

Also, it appears that Druid will be "free to VIP" only if they purchase "Standard" or "Collectors" MotU. That suggests that Druid will not be free to VIP if they purchase the "Base" expansion. That doesn't sound very "free".

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    What quests/packs are included in the DDO Classic adventure packs and what quests are included in the DDO Epic Classic adventure packs?

Also, it appears that Druid will be "free to VIP" only if they purchase "Standard" or "Collectors" MotU. That suggests that Druid will not be free to VIP if they purchase the "Base" expansion. That doesn't sound very "free".
    lol ur surprised?

Also theirs the questions thing here http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=363362

Basically the epic thing is the epics we have now. and the classic pack is 5 random packs. One of which is the carnival to complete and the others aren't that grand.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

That big $79.99 was the first number i saw, and it seriously sent my blood pressure up a bit. Then I saw what you got and I was like, woah. It might soften the shock if the bundles where but in the other order though.

Well, off to sell some plasma!
    Sadcat // Funn // Algorithm // others
    The Order of Cygnus - Sarlona

Pirate Cursed

I am not sure if I am liking this. I knew this expansion wont be free to ViP. But as I sit here and think about this, its just MORE stuff for ViP's to not have. Seems that is there intent of recent updates.

But at least they are giving plenty of notice on what is in what bundle, so at least the playercore and start saving up.

A couple of big questions for me:
    Is there a way to unlock druids for free in game for ViPs, or just this "$50-$80 purchase" type of free?

and i agree, getting all the packs when one is already ViP is kinda silly, This makes me think of NOT staying vip. I always figured a reliable cash flow is more important than spikes.

(I don't mean to start the doom, it just makes me sad. The basic expansion does not give anything but quests, and it costs the amount of the Vanilla wow. The high end expansion costs more than most MMO's starting price.)

*shrugs* I know I will scrape around to get the 80 bucks to get the big pack, It just makes me sad. Do those who already bought some Packs get some sort of discount? Due to repeating a purchase?

How about a bundle with druid, the FR packs, the tomes, and the pets? I think that would appeal more people than the big premium one
    Last edited by meathook2008; 02-27-2012 at 08:49 AM.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast