Default Past Life: Arcane Prodigy

Hi, im wondering one thing: Does this active feat, when taken on a no-blue bar char (lets say barbarian), gives actual SP bar with the base amount of SP? Lets say the example: Lvl 3 Barbarian with PL: Sorcerer takes Arcane Prodigy, does this barbarian gets blue bar with 20 SP? Or it will ignore the SP bonus from this PL Mental Thougness and just gives the SLA with some random elemental damage?

Huge thanks for clarification, if anyone has an idea.

2016 DDO Players Council Hobgoblin's Avatar

it does not

hob
    main toons: hauteur(silly caster) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly paladin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Thanks, thats very sad, but ill live with it :-)

However, once you splash in enough levels of a spell casting class (example Paladin and Rangers don't get Spells right away) you will gain the SP benefit.

If memory serves me correct this can also fulfill the Arcane Archer Feat requirement (of course I believe you have to be of the elf persuasion to benefit that).

2016 DDO Players Council Hobgoblin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    However, once you splash in enough levels of a spell casting class (example Paladin and Rangers don't get Spells right away) you will gain the SP benefit.

If memory serves me correct this can also fulfill the Arcane Archer Feat requirement (of course I believe you have to be of the elf persuasion to benefit that).
    Technically.... yes, but if you dont have a blue bar you can't cast your imbues

hob
    main toons: hauteur(silly caster) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly paladin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Sorry to necro a pretty old thread, but does this still apply? I recently witnessed a pure-build Rogue running around with 40 SP, claiming it was from a past life. If that is the case, I might want to LR one of my characters, that took a Bard level just for that...
    Caution: Rabid Shampoo Fan. Interaction at personal risk. :3
    Toons (Ghallanda): Lemau d'Jorasco (Mnk20E2TR2), Alitrania (Wiz20), Gracethyra d'Cannith (Art20TR1), Merilidoc (Rog5Rng13Art2TR7 - Completionist that never ends), Shampoofan (Rog5Mnk4Drd8)

U14 changed it so that you don't need a spellcasting class to gain a blue bar. Characters regardless of class gain spell points through sp items, past life feats, or epic destinies. (Destinies are probably why this change occurred.)