Community Member AestorTheKnight's Avatar

Default World Character Transfer - Storage Items Question?

Hi everyone and DDO GM's

I intend to transfer 1 of my characters from 1 server to another via the Premium World Character Transfer Service, but I have come across a confusing statement in the DDO World Character Transfer FAQ, located here:

http://support.turbine.com/link/port...-Transfer-FAQs

It states:

Do I get to bring my items to the new server?

Yes, all equipped, inventory, and bank items will be ported to the new server. Please be aware that any items in Shared Storage will remain on the original server, and any storage items bound to the character being transferred will be removed.

But the part i am confused about is this:

"and any storage items bound to the character being transferred will be removed."

Does this mean that Bound Ingredient, Collectable, and Gem Bags etc will be removed from the character when it is transfered, including all the contents of those bags? This seems a bit strange, but is what this sentence seems to suggest.

I intend to transfer a number of Ingredients / Collectable Bags in the World character Transfer Process, and dont want them to be lost. Can someone please clarify this sentence for me, or assure me from their experience that Bound ingredients bags are not lost in the Transfer Process? Or do I have to use Unbound Bags?

Please clarify. Thanks in advance!
    So in everything, do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Cannith: Arqa - Celduin - Gnossos - and others.

I just had a toon transferred last week. The storage space they are referring to is your shared bank, I believe. My character was successfully tranferred and kept his extra backpack slots, bank slots, and all bags with their contents intact.

What I did lose was the favor rewards. I can still get the House D arrows, House P buffs, etc. but no drow, 32 point builds, FvS, or Blessing of the Silver Flame. I do have those unlocked on another toon, though, so it's not all bad. Hope this helps.
    Jackknife / Nerft Powers / Born Again Pagan / Threechords / Midnyght Rambler
    Quantum Entropy

Hi Brian - Thanks very much for your reply mate

Yeah, its a bit weird, i know other people who have transfered characters and their Ingredients Bags and Contents have remained in tact. And i had assumed that that would be the case.

Just this sentence

"and any storage items bound to the character being transferred will be removed."

in the World Character Transfer FAQ suggests that Bound Bags will be lost Wierd...

Can you confirm that you transfered Bound Bags and their contents remained in tact?

Thanks for your help!

What it says to me is that any items bound to that character will be transferred with them, thus removing them from wherever if they are if not in that characters possession.

I cant imagine a situation where a BtC item would not be on that character or in their personal bank, but between TR banks, Euro transfer stuff, and the shared bank, I'm sure the situation exists.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Hmm mysterious!

Customer Service Representative

Actually, I think this part of the FAQ answers your questions:

What should I expect from the Character Transfer Process?
    The Character Transfer process WILL transfer your character with all of their experience, items, and quest progression intact. Your friends list, guild list / association, ignore list, True Reincarnation cache, auction house, and in-game mail WILL NOT be transferred. Your character's Favor will be transferred. NOTE: Favor rewards WILL NOT be transferred. Please be sure to take your items out of Shared Storage before transferring your character, as items left in Shared Storage will remain on the original server.
    However, the part that mentions the bound items in storage, that is talking about that if there are any items that are bound to character in the Shared Bank, then that item will be removed when the transfer happens. So, if you have any items like that, it would be best to move those items from your Shared Storage to your backpack so you don't lose them.
    DDO Support Page & Knowledge Base
    To request support from a Customer Service Agent, simply click on "Submit a Ticket"
    English Account/Store Support is available from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday (GMT -5). 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Contact us on Twitter @DDOUnlimited

I don't mean to derail this thread, but has Turbine fixed the Transfer bug so that we may send Characters back to their orig. Worlds? My request was declined a few Months ago because of this.

We are still working on being able to transfer back to original servers. As soon as we have that fixed, we'll make an announcement to let everyone know.
    To request support from a Customer Service Agent, simply click on "Submit a Ticket"
    English Account/Store Support is available from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday (GMT -5). 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Quote Originally Posted by daVoyd View Post
    We are still working on being able to transfer back to original servers. As soon as we have that fixed, we'll make an announcement to let everyone know.
    TY for the F/U and Update.

Quote Originally Posted by daVoyd View Post
    Actually, I think this part of the FAQ answers your questions:

What should I expect from the Character Transfer Process?
    The Character Transfer process WILL transfer your character with all of their experience, items, and quest progression intact. Your friends list, guild list / association, ignore list, True Reincarnation cache, auction house, and in-game mail WILL NOT be transferred. Your character's Favor will be transferred. NOTE: Favor rewards WILL NOT be transferred. Please be sure to take your items out of Shared Storage before transferring your character, as items left in Shared Storage will remain on the original server.
    However, the part that mentions the bound items in storage, that is talking about that if there are any items that are bound to character in the Shared Bank, then that item will be removed when the transfer happens. So, if you have any items like that, it would be best to move those items from your Shared Storage to your backpack so you don't lose them.
    Hi daVoyd the problem with this is that you are not "supposed" to be able to put btc items into shared storage except for the "bug" that happened recently. I would have read this to mean btc bags not transfering either rather than what you have said.
    Milacias of Kyber

Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

Thumbs up

Thanks very much for your reply and for clarifying this matter for me DaVoyd!

I had guessed that of course it would be this way, its really just that once sentence which is confusing and ambiguous
    for the very reason that Noinfo states:

Quote Originally Posted by noinfo View Post
    Hi daVoyd the problem with this is that you are not "supposed" to be able to put btc items into shared storage except for the "bug" that happened recently. I would have read this to mean btc bags not transfering either rather than what you have said.
    Since BtC items cant go into Shared Storage, that sentence in the FAQ seems a bit mute, and seems to imply that BtC Storage Bags will be removed. Strange! Perhaps it could be worded better to be less ambiguous.

Ok anyways, thanks again Davoyd, and others for your replies. I'm off to transfer my bulging ingredients bag full of Larges! Cheers!

Community Member

ok,

a quick question on the same topic so I don't open another thread...

Are bound to account items that are in my inventory/personal bank transfered with character to new world or not?

Thank you for response in advance,

Thondarr

Yes, as long as the item is not in the Shared Bank, it should transfer over to the new server. Being Bound to Account or Character does not affect if it you are able to move it. Just be sure its not in the Shared Bank

Community Member

Thank you very much for quick response. You can expect my transfer ticket in a day or two.

take care,
    Thondarr