Default Ideas for a TWF DPS UMD build

Hey,

I will soon TR my monster (PL:Blitz) into a TWF DPS build with some versatility (i.e. being able to use heal scroll or the arti elemental damage buff scroll).

It is going to be a 36pt build with Lit2 Khopeshes, Epic Kronzek's Crueltiesx2, Epic thornlord and Epic Shatterbow. (Note: I don't have the Half Elf class, so I know a helf would outDPS a human with rogue dille but that's out of the question).

I have been thinking of the following builds :

- 12 fighter / 6 ranger / 2 rogue
    ==> I could still use the bows for 20 seconds then switch to Lit2 Khopeshes.

- 16+ bard levels and something else for TWF DPS, songs, self buffs. (Lower DPS but I like the utility of the bard.)

- 12 Ranger / 6 fighter / 2 rogue : Deeper splash (AA specced but still using Lit2 Khops most of the time)

Thanks for helping me and providing some good ideas

Community Member

isn't 12 fighter/ 6 ranger/ 2 rogue the monster build?

You could also consider the helves angel build but use elf instead. You'd lose out of the combination of damage boost and haste boost though.

I'm not sure what you're going for exactly but a 12 fighter/ 6 paladin/ 2 rogue would be a more durable than the monster build and offer some limited healing ability and better saves at the expense of somewhat lower dps. Full rogue is also an option.

When I saw the title I was going to advice trying out the Blitz or the Monster but I can see that you've already tried them. Were you not able do heal scrolls etc with them? Why are you switching away from the Monster?

I also have a 14 bard 6 fighter built for Khopeshes, 16 bard doesn't give you anything additional in the way of DPS or songs except the AC song. You could also go 16 2f 2rogue for evasion if you want for evasion and some backstab damage.
    Eurotrash™ playing on Khyber, Crimson Eagles
    Paramount - 20 TR3 Horc Blitz | Razing - 20 FvS TRing for more caster lives | Warcrier - 20 TR2 14/6 Warchanter Kensei

Quote Originally Posted by Alex301 View Post
    isn't 12 fighter/ 6 ranger/ 2 rogue the monster build?

You could also consider the helves angel build but use elf instead. You'd lose out of the combination of damage boost and haste boost though.

I'm not sure what you're going for exactly but a 12 fighter/ 6 paladin/ 2 rogue would be a more durable than the monster build and offer some limited healing ability and better saves at the expense of somewhat lower dps. Full rogue is also an option.
    Monster is 2 monk. 2 rogue is another good choice, but lacks the AC that the Monster can (now with the SD changes) reach
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blank_Zero View Post
    Monster is 2 monk. 2 rogue is another good choice, but lacks the AC that the Monster can (now with the SD changes) reach
    So it is :P If you're happy with how your monster played then i see no reason not to go with the 2 rogue variant. You'd lose two feats, which could be a problem if you're going with a bow as well, but gain 1d6+3 sneak attack damage and full UMD. If you're going DPS then AC was never an option anyway.

Add in trap skills and you have yourself an exploiter build. Are people still running exploiters?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex301 View Post
    So it is :P If you're happy with how your monster played then i see no reason not to go with the 2 rogue variant. You'd lose two feats, which could be a problem if you're going with a bow as well, but gain 1d6+3 sneak attack damage and full UMD. If you're going DPS then AC was never an option anyway.
    I'd say you were right until I remembered the Meathelmet 2.0 Build.
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxallu View Post
    Are people still running exploiters?
    yes, i just started one a few weeks ago. he is about half a bubble from being capped. it has been a lot of fun
    if life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
    if life gives you pickles, well you're screwed. because pickleade sucks.