Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Teharahma View Post
    If I'm guessing this straight; if you buy lets say 20 red scales for 50 dollars, without trading for TP, then it's a bannable offense, however, if you make sure Turbine has profit in this trade they don't seem to mind. E.G. Buying TP from the gift cards, and using that as a bargaining method, rather than real money.

Classic greed.
    Classic greed? LOL.

Yeah, they're real bastards for wanting to make money off the product they built. And they don't like the idea of someone else making money off the product they built.

Totally unreasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    They are not contradictory at all. You yourself have stated that they said it was bannable, and they they are not responcible for any trades made.

How is that sooooooo difficult to understand?
    It's not difficult to understand, and no where have I said the practice was bannable.

You are trying to combine the two statements in where TP = real money, and something already posted earlier states that is untrue.

"Turbine Points are a virtual currency which you may, at Turbine's discretion, exchange for virtual goods, services and attributes that can only be used in the Game. Turbine Points have no monetary value, and are not personal property."

Overall I am not too worried about it since I have already made one of these trades, but I'm tired of people pushing scare tactics.

They are not contradictory at all. You yourself have stated that they said it was bannable, and they they are not responcible for any trades made.

How is that sooooooo difficult to understand?
    Cordovan re-iterated selling in games items for real world money was a bannable offense
    TP is not real world money. I can trade virtual items for virtual items, even if I bought virtual items for real-life money.

For instance, I can buy crafting essences from the DDO store, build a weapon, and sell it for plat on the AH. There's not much difference from me just giving you TP for plat.
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

:googely eyes:
    Last edited by Hikup; 02-24-2012 at 09:55 AM.

Yup! Which pretty much means you can't go around asking $25/etc. for larges.

Not sure why people like to twist this. Don't like it, don't trade this way, that simple.

[If that isn't clear enough
    It's not clear enough. TP is not real-world money.

The real point is:

If I trade for real-world money, Turbine makes nothing.

If I trade for TP, Turbine makes money.

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    It's not clear enough. TP is not real-world money.

The real point is:

If I trade for real-world money, Turbine makes nothing.

If I trade for TP, Turbine makes money.
    Exacly. After all:

Turbine Points are a virtual currency which you may, at Turbine's discretion, exchange for virtual goods, services and attributes that can only be used in the Game. Turbine Points have no monetary value, and are not personal property
    By the way, if you really want to nit-pick, this rule does NOT state that the exchange for virtual goods must be only with Turbine.
    Gamma Tester, Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Beta Tester, DDO: Eberron Unlimited
    Alpha Tester, DDO: Stormreach

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...80#post4123180

If that isn't clear enough, it means to me that people want to break rules by side stepping the letter while ******** all over the spirit.
    I dont think this relates to TP at all, as they have no real world value. You see it in many games, where as long as you wash the cash though the company its fine. I think that it is much more obvious in the quote I linked.

Its similar to the fact that you can trade FRDS for an heart of wood you find in a chest, or one you buy from the cash shop.

Granted it would be great if the Devs stopped being ***ty about this, and answered their customers questions in something not so veiled that it is not understandable.
    Last edited by Cam_Neely; 02-24-2012 at 09:53 AM.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Turbine Points arrive in the web store October 6th, 2011
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=345645

Quote Originally Posted by QuarterMasterM View Post
    Today we are pleased to announce the addition of Turbine Points Codes in the Turbine Web Store! The Web Store provides payment methods not currently available in the in-game DDO Store such as ClickandBuy, and also offers a simple and convenient way to buy Turbine Points as gifts for friends and family.

Click here for more information!

FR - DE

Cordovan's response to the question on whether these trades are allowed:
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...80#post4123180

Trading in-game items for real-world monetary values is prohibited by the Code of Conduct.
    ...although this does not appear to apply to people trading Turbine Points since Turbine Points are an in-game currency with no real world value (according to Turbine). Cordovan closed that thread, but has left many other similar trade threads open since then.

Tolero's response:
    http://forums.ddo.com/newreply.php?d...eply&p=4123152
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Just a reminder that we do not provide customer support for transactions between third parties. Transactions between players are at their own risk. If you manage to lose or not receive the promised points/goods we cannot help you.
    ...which seems to say that you're not forbidden from doing so, but that Turbine will not get involved if one (or both) of the people in the trade feel that they were ripped off.

And neither response explicitly says that trading Turbine Points for other in-game things is allowed or forbidden.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cam_Neely View Post
    Granted it would be great if the Devs stopped being ***ty about this, and answered their customers questions in something not so veiled that it is not understandable.
    It isn't the developers job to handle this, nor is it the community mods. You'll need to ride the producer's rear to get anything situated.

It is called "dev tracker" go back several months. Both Cordovan and Tolero commented. One post each. Where exactly I don't know any more.

Also in game, GMs have banned people for such trades. I.E. plat for 10 taps and a guest pass to necro 4 is a prime example.
    I dont think this is true, please fine a post more clear then the one here (that i agree is not a great post, and does not clear much up). what I take from it is, go for it, but dont cry to us if they scam you
    Back in 2010 this post was made by SDM

"Hello Folks,

The sale of guest passes for in-game gold isn't something that is intended and certainly not something that is supported by Turbine. There is no protection for the seller or the buyer if anything suspect takes place and this type of activity may also result in disciplinary action.

~SDM"

Link: http://forums.ddo.com/archive/index.php/t-244555.html

------
    It seems to me people in this thread is discussing both
    1. Trading of TP for in-game plat/items
    2. Trading of cash shop items for in-game plat/items

I quoted SDM, because he talks about trading cash-shop items for in-game plat/items and people have asked for links to what Turbine says about the issue. I do realise he doesn't talk about trading TP for in-game plat/items, but to me there is nothing 'fruity' about thinking the rules for cash-shop items and TP are the same (but that is probably yet another discussion).

Quote Originally Posted by vyvy3369 View Post
    Believe what you want, Turbine has been about as clear about it as they are about anything. If you're going to do it, just realize that you may end up getting in trouble for it.
    I think this sums it up pretty nicely.
    Last edited by Lilliana; 02-24-2012 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Edit:Trying to make it more clear what my post is about

Quote Originally Posted by Lilliana View Post

"Hello Folks,

The sale of guest passes for in-game gold isn't something that is intended and certainly not something that is supported by Turbine. There is no protection for the seller or the buyer if anything suspect takes place and this type of activity may also result in disciplinary action.

~SDM"

Link: http://forums.ddo.com/archive/index.php/t-244555.html

I find that post to be rather clear myself.

Turbine doesn't make any money off of plat trades, and the points used to buy said guest pass could have been earned with favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Well if this thread gets deleted, that would be a semi-answer.
    Okay, dozens of threads that were not deleted are proof to the contrary then.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Quote Originally Posted by NytCrawlr View Post
    Hopefully they would delete the other ten or so threads in this forum that are doing the same thing if they want to stay consistent.
    You really think they are? You really think they try to be?

No. You can be moderated for using a word and see others use that word freely

Real story.
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

Quote Originally Posted by Hikup View Post
    Turbine doesn't make any money off of plat trades, and the points used to buy said guest pass could have been earned with favor.
    Or won in the lottery more commonly.

This is all about if Turbine gets paid or not.

Turbine has been anything but clear on this subject with long threads up offering trades and reported specifically by their OPs asking for them to be informed if this is against the rules and they will not do so. No responses.

The two responses we did get were not at all clear as one was a Cordovan post about trading real world money for items, which TP are anything but based upon the ToS. Tolero's post then was the typical Turbine does not guarentee trades yada yada as in do not put in tickets to the GMs if you get ripped off.

Lots of trade posts have been left up and completed since then.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Quote Originally Posted by Lilliana View Post
    *snip*
    You like apples and oranges too!?

Quote Originally Posted by Phemt81 View Post
    You really think they are? You really think they try to be?
    Nope, I don't think they will, or even care, which is why I think it's ludricous that this keeps cropping up. This argument needs to stop being a zombie and die already.
    Last edited by NytCrawlr; 02-24-2012 at 11:44 AM.

I dont think this is true, please fine a post more clear then the one here (that i agree is not a great post, and does not clear much up). what I take from it is, go for it, but dont cry to us if they scam you
    We just had a very similar thread on Sarlona, and this thread came up while searching for the posts. Anyways, a few of the links are:

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=54
    http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...1&postcount=20
    http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...9&postcount=25

The first one in particular seems pretty clear. The thread was talking about trading TP codes for in-game currency/items, and it was locked, which seems to indicate it's something they frown on at the very least. I also remember they specifically changed one of the DDO store potions (XP pots IIRC) so that they couldn't be used on others to avoid this type of issue.
    Recently completed a very slow Completionist adventure, playing each class until I was bored. My son (Henry) randomly picked the next class from the ones I hadn't done yet.

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    Turbine has been anything but clear on this subject ...
    I believe they are unclear because they do not have a solid legal basis to stop the activity, especially when they are in fact deriving a direct benefit.

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Interesting quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by vyvy3369 View Post

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=54
    http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...1&postcount=20
    http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...9&postcount=25

The first one in particular seems pretty clear. The thread was talking about trading TP codes for in-game currency/items, and it was locked, which seems to indicate it's something they frown on at the very least. I also remember they specifically changed one of the DDO store potions (XP pots IIRC) so that they couldn't be used on others to avoid this type of issue.
    The first one says:
    Trading in-game items for real-world monetary values is prohibited by the Code of Conduct.
    To me, this refers to paying cash for in-game items and has nothing to do with TPs.
    The second says:

Turbine Points have a real-world monetary value, so the above Code of Conduct rule does apply. ~SDM
    This is an old policy and must have changed, because, as we know:

Turbine Points have no monetary value,
    The third one regards selling guest passes for plat OR real world money. I understand the real world money. As for the plat? They can say it, don't know how they enforce it.
    Last edited by Hafeal; 02-24-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Believe what you want, Turbine has been about as clear about it as they are about anything. If you're going to do it, just realize that you may end up getting in trouble for it.
    Recently completed a very slow Completionist adventure, playing each class until I was bored. My son (Henry) randomly picked the next class from the ones I hadn't done yet.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast