Page 82 of 133 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 2656
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post
    Why can't I got to the apothecary and buy some remove curse and cure disease potions? Okay, maybe we need a wild witch out in the woods to remove the curse and the cure disease potions should have a 50% failure rate but beside that it should be considered pretty low magic. Stormreach is pretty big. It should have at least one.
    Because we aren't in Ebberon.

2015 DDO Players Council Hazelnut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by intruder1 View Post
    Because we aren't in Ebberon.
    That's no excuse. There are demented old hermits hiding in the woods rumored to have strange knowledge all over the place, not just in Ebberon.
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

That's no excuse. There are demented old hermits hiding in the woods rumored to have strange knowledge all over the place, not just in Ebberon.
    So true. Like the guy near me who lives in the woods and makes underpants tea. It may be a special recipe, but I ain't gonna drink it even if it has magical powers

Didn't your Mamma teach you not to drink potions from strange men?

Default intruder1 MIA, THACO dies gloriously in the stench!

The crew of adventurers waited until 8 PM EST in hopes Tukcc was simply running a bit late. Alas, it was apparently more serious than that, and we all hope not TOO serious.

When our stalwart leader did not arrive, the group decided to venture out looking for work to fill flat coin purses, and mayhap rid the city of a little more of the evil influences that remain in spite of our best efforts.

There was a rumor that Harven Gralak had a problem with Troglodyte flatulence rising from the sewers under his basement, and he was in dire need of hearty adventurers to assist in "Freshing The Air". We actually did better than expected, although having everyone die in sight of the end chest was a bit of a disheartening experience. All in all, it was both an entertaining and educational evening. One thing learned by all is that... WE MISSED TUKCC!

-Cogs

Quote Originally Posted by Fricko View Post
    The crew of adventurers waited until 8 PM EST in hopes Tukcc was simply running a bit late. Alas, it was apparently more serious than that, and we all hope not TOO serious.

When our stalwart leader did not arrive, the group decided to venture out looking for work to fill flat coin purses, and mayhap rid the city of a little more of the evil influences that remain in spite of our best efforts.

There was a rumor that Harven Gralak had a problem with Troglodyte flatulence rising from the sewers under his basement, and he was in dire need of hearty adventurers to assist in "Freshing The Air". We actually did better than expected, although having everyone die in sight of the end chest was a bit of a disheartening experience. All in all, it was both an entertaining and educational evening. One thing learned by all is that... WE MISSED TUKCC!

-Cogs
    Hey! Violette didn't die. Okay granted 8 hit points is mostly dead, but still not dead.

Default Hazelnut Lived!

Somehow, in the excitement of the moment, I seem to have missed the fact that one of our members survived. My apologies!

*Cogs wanders off muttering about 8 HP and failing the roll for the end chest making her as good as dead anyway*

Okay, Sam/Fricko is sorry he forgot that important point... seems Cogs is being petulant.

Default Pssst... Sam

whispers
    <It was Monday night group. You were Waldhorn. 'Member Waldo? Waaaaldhoooorn.>

<And Tukcc wasn't Tukcc but a shorty named Manatarmss who couldn't get away from hireling duty.>

<And Cali was a Bloodhound.>

<And there was a stumpy guy with boxing gloves.>

<And you had a stepdaughter who was a halfling princess from Druidia named after blue flowers, but she wasn't a smurf.>

<'Memeber?>

TeHe.
    Last edited by zefjoe; 10-15-2013 at 12:49 PM.

Community Member

Many appologies for being late Monday guys and gals......
    The eternal quest for the allmighty dollar altered priorities.
    By the time I logged in at 9, you all had all logged off 30 minutes before.
    I spotted a familiar halfling face on "Wayfinder" from one of the new groups, but decided to call it a night.

"Freshen the Air"??? A "timed" adventure, with 4 players?
    What were you thinking???

Many appologies for being late Monday guys and gals......
    The eternal quest for the allmighty dollar altered priorities.
    By the time I logged in at 9, you all had all logged off 30 minutes before.
    I spotted a familiar halfling face on "Wayfinder" from one of the new groups, but decided to call it a night.

"Freshen the Air"??? A "timed" adventure, with 4 players?
    What were you thinking???
    We were thinking " What's the worst that can happen?"

and then we found out, dead in a sea of Trog farts. Good times

Default Okay... t'was Waldhorn, NOT Cogs!

Surely this is not the first time you've noticed Fricko showing up in a state of disoriented confusion? With so many alts to keep track of, it is a wonder I can sign my correct name to checks when paying the bills. Maybe it was residual damage from the effects of the Troglodyte farts that caused my confusion on identity?

I just hope you guys grow old one day, and get to enjoy the "benefits" of the adventures that await you inside your head!

*Cogoiler/Waldhorn/Lurch/(+14 others) rubs his age gnarled hands in gleeful anticipation!*

============

intruder1: I am happy to hear it was money keeping you away, and not a plumbing disaster! As to "What were you thinking?" We asked ourselves, "What would Tukcc do?" It was thus that we found ourselves in the gaseous stench and greasy slime of the Trog **** adventure! We also adhered firmly to your rule, "Even disasters are fun with this Guild!" I think we all had a really great time. I know WALDHORN did!

-Sam, or Fricko, or Old Swamper.... or whoever the heck I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Fricko View Post
    Surely this is not the first time you've noticed Fricko showing up in a state of disoriented confusion? With so many alts to keep track of, it is a wonder I can sign my correct name to checks when paying the bills. Maybe it was residual damage from the effects of the Troglodyte farts that caused my confusion on identity?

I just hope you guys grow old one day, and get to enjoy the "benefits" of the adventures that await you inside your head!

*Cogoiler/Waldhorn/Lurch/(+14 others) rubs his age gnarled hands in gleeful anticipation!*
    Regardless of name Hazelnut, Zyinniah, Veyeolette, Sparrow ... they are all the same character living in different universes. Well, maybe Sparrow is a different character. Not sure yet. She just got born.

Community Member

"Reclamation". Normal difficulty, 6 players, 2.5 hours (including searching the Island to find the Quest in the first place)

This Adventure was (again) very fun and satisfying. Monsters at 10th level here were no pushovers and we struggled with each and every encounter.
    Our party consisted of mostly range-capable Melees and Spellcasters, with a couple Divines thrown in.

We had depleted a good portion of our consumables by the time we reached the Quest site and the drain continued throughout the Quest.
    Right inside the Quest, things got interesting when our scout fell into the deep pit and landed (luckily) in the water at the bottom.
    We considered making our way thru the tunnels in order to get to him, but the danger to him was too great, being by himself and we instead elected to take the "leap" ourselves.
    (It was a harrowing ordeal, trying to insure we didn't end up monster-bait, splattered on the rocks surrounding the pit)

Once reunited, we began our exploration/slaughtering task working our way back up towards the surface.

Stealth was the key factor here. Knowing what lay beyond the line of sight meant the difference betwen life and death! The Druegar were strong and numerous.
    By the time we thought we had half the mine searched, our spellcasting abilities were all but gone.

It's hard to recall (the experience is vague considering the confusion and shouting going on), but all in all, I think two had been injured to the point of unconciousness and one was injured so badly it required the combined abilities of both our Clerics to revive him!

The one thing that surprised us was the total LACK of treasure held by these Dwarven people, even though we were told the exact opposite!
    I believe that there were maybe, 2 items found that had any type of Magical power.
    Quest End rewards: Valor only.
    Encounter Rewards (Chests): 0
    Breakables: maybe 2, plus potions and vaious Gems.
    (No exact record of these because they were quickly (and silently) grabbed by those who ran in and found them!)

The one note of interest was the 20K in XP for Slayer, Explorer and Quest.
    This seemed odd, as was last week when we recieved 24K for another Wilderness + Quest night.

A closer watch is called for i think.
    Last edited by intruder1; 10-17-2013 at 06:06 PM.

"Reclamation". Normal difficulty, 6 players, 2.5 hours (including searching the Island to find the Quest in the first place)

This Adventure was (again) very fun and satisfying. Monsters at 10th level here were no pushovers and we struggled with each and every encounter.
    Our party consisted of mostly range-capable Melees and Spellcasters, with a couple Divines thrown in.

We had depleted a good portion of our consumables by the time we reached the Quest site and the drain continued throughout the Quest.....
    May I humbly suggest that it might be appropriate to allow the entire party to use a rest shrine in the wilderness areas before entering the actual Quest. In PnP there would be camping when having to travel (at least in the games I played), so it's not totally theme inappropriate.

Community Member

May I humbly suggest that it might be appropriate to allow the entire party to use a rest shrine in the wilderness areas before entering the actual Quest. In PnP there would be camping when having to travel (at least in the games I played), so it's not totally theme inappropriate.
    It made the wilderness more interesting knowing that we had to conserve our resources. And it made the dungeon more challenging having previously used said resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Magiker View Post
    It made the wilderness more interesting knowing that we had to conserve our resources. And it made the dungeon more challenging having previously used said resources.
    Okay. I retract my suggestion, then.

Community Member

It is difficult to not use all the things made available to a party in DDO, but doing so takes us away from a computer arcade and more towards the original concept of Dungeons and Dragons.
    We can make all the excuses we want to justify, but is that what we really want?

Have faith in the playstyle, I guarantee the campaign you are playing in will be remembered much longer than any other.

Community Member

Default POLL: (You're gonna love this one!)

There are many different images we all envision our characters to be. Arcane Death Dealer, Invisible Stalker, Sniper.

I would like opinions on some things......

What Feats do you consider most valuable to your character?

What Enhancements make the biggest difference to you?

What do you prefer, "To Hit" Bonus, Damage Bonus, Critical Hit Bonus or some other Combat Effect from a Weapon?

Do you prefer Magic Weapons, Armor or Items that enhance Strength, Dexterity or maybe bolster your Spell effectiveness or ability to cast more spells?

The reason I ask these things is because, after 10 levels of restricted Treasure availabilities, our characters still find themselves in possession of quite a bit.
    Weapons with 2, sometimes 3 damage multiplying effects.
    Armor with 2 or more effects.
    4-6 Items (per person!) with Ability enhancing effects.

Are these things NEEDED to do Normal Adventures, or is it just because these are what we actually play this game for?

Default No Sir, I do not like those apples....

Are these things NEEDED to do Normal Adventures, or is it just because these are what we actually play this game for?
    I would say yes and yes. Based on the THACO looting system, this is inevitable even with restrictions. You just ran over 100 adventures so you should have collected a lot of ****, right?

DDO magic isn't Old School PnP magic. It's over the top ridiculous items that 2nd Ed PnP considered almost artifact level. And it's everywhere with no avoiding it. With that said, it's also the standard that the game is balanced on. It is assumed that a 10th level character has 20+ items that improve him from the baseline. This is the weakness inherent in 3.5 rules and the reason why I will not DM anything post 2.5 ( ie Bastards of the Coast) It's also what we are stuck with. But the biggest point here is that it is what we earned based on the ruleset agreed upon. There is NEED and the there is NEED.

Need in that the items are needed for basic play and Need as in "Dammit, I earned these and you are not taking them away from me without a fight"

I know THACO is an experiment always in the making and I totally respect that, but I doubt that anyone is going to agree to give up their loot at this point. We all play to have fun and we all play for the loot. It's both things that make a player come back for more and the best gaming groups are always a good balance between risk and reward.

You're only option in my eyes is using the Cannith crafting system and creating items to reward the players for their exploits. It's quite easy to make a +2 longsword or Ring of Fire Resistance. If you were to ignore all chests and dole out items instead, you could perhaps control what everyone had, just like a real DM. That's a lot of work and it requires someone to be the DM.

Likewise feats and enhancements are the weakness of the 3.5 system. While they allow for a lot of customization, they also over power across the board and are expected to do so. These also cannot be taken away, so you have to live with them.

Intruder, I don't want you to think of me as the devil or anything, but I really think you have tweeked about as much as is possible and still be playable and enjoyable. The lvl10 group is now getting into quest territory where things ramp up. If you haven't already, I highly suggest that group does Wiz King on normal to see the step up I am talking about. It's not terribly difficult for a good group, but it can be a long, long quest and deadly for an undergeared group. It is also a good baseline for what to expect for anything lvl12 +.

I know we all agree that DDO has it's limits to what we are trying to accomplish and it sucks, but sometimes you just have to suck it up and live with it. Turbine is never going to adjust things to our playstyle. Never Gonna Happen. Let's just make the most of what we have and have fun doing it.

Default Yup, 'bout time we saw what-all the hooplah was 'bout!

If you haven't already, I highly suggest that group does Wiz King on normal to see the step up I am talking about. It's not terribly difficult for a good group, but it can be a long, long quest and deadly for an undergeared group. It is also a good baseline for what to expect for anything lvl12 +.
    *THUD*

That my friends, was the sound of Cogoiler fainting dead away in "sheyer - nat'rul - panik". LOL.

Ahh... the Sands. I've been waiting a loooong time to go to Menechtarun. And then...

<giant hold>

OH BOY!

Let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the floor... unka unka unka (hip hop beat) unka unka unka.

Page 82 of 133 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast