Page 76 of 133 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 2654

Quote Originally Posted by intruder1 View Post
    Oh, since you've quoted the WIKI..... the information in the WIKI is submitted by players who just report what results they have with current equipment.
    They may not be measuring the way I do, 1 point at a time.
    I also try to break the results down to just the dice roll and roll DOZENS of times to get the results.

Also, Trap DC's have changed many times over the past 2 years. The most recent was just about a week ago and changed things a lot. I'm not sure the WIKI is that current.

It is commendable that you are trying to learn the mechanics of DDO. But sometimes your conclusions regarding how certain DDO mechanics work are incorrect (like what causes a critical failure while disarming a trap, or that there is some static ratio/formula to determine the disable DC from the spot DC, etc), or run completely counter to my experience so I post something with what I know to be true or what I suspect to be true based on the research of others.

Community Member

Today, somewhere between 12 and 2 EST , Kreskinn and Vinnegarune spent some time online and chalked up about 300 Guild Reknown.
    Did you guys play a little "catch up"?

Community Member

Default THACO Fellowship membership now 10 Players.

Welcome, Aldhur. Dwarven Wizard.
    This character made his first adventure as the newest member of the THAC0 Fellowship.

He joins the Monday night team at 1st Level and, I'm sure, is welcomed by all.

This makes 6 characters for both the Wednesday and Monday night adventuring group.

Monday's group does contain 4 players that are also players from Wednesday. In the advent of more additions to the guild, I'm sure some of those players wouldn't mind bowing out to make room.

Contact me is you're interested.

Default Honest baby it wasn't me...

Ok, maybe it was me.

But Vinnie wasn't playing catch up.

She LR with wood - for an added class. Ranger. (Settle DOWN intruder, she used the same stats, the minimums should be good for Ranger - DEX 15, WIS 12, CON 13). She was lacking in AC and Dual Wielding goodness, and with a low STR she hit like - well, like a girl halfling.

SHUT IT BOYS.

Any ways. After rolling up all bright eyed and bushy tailed, she went into Searing Heights to test her new fighting skills and enhancements.

She has same stats, skills are not appreciably different (I'll post these later). She is NOT specced for TRAPPING.

Assassin-Sneak Attack-Deepwood Stalker-Tempest Tazmanian Devil.

2015 DDO Players Council Hazelnut's Avatar

Default Don't under estimate the girl halflings.

Quote Originally Posted by zefjoe View Post
    Ok, maybe it was me.

But Vinnie wasn't playing catch up.

She LR with wood - for an added class. Ranger. (Settle DOWN intruder, she used the same stats, the minimums should be good for Ranger - DEX 15, WIS 12, CON 13). She was lacking in AC and Dual Wielding goodness, and with a low STR she hit like - well, like a girl halfling.
    HEY! Speak for yourself. I'm a girl halfling and I hit plenty hard.

Actually it was probably me and the new guy, Aldhur, from Mondays. He was 20 xp shy of level 2 and I was almost level 4. So we went to the Cerulean Hills for some target practice. 25 miscellaneous baddies later we had both leveled.
    Last edited by Hazelnut; 09-03-2013 at 09:29 PM.
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

Looks to me like 25% Boom, 45% Non-Success and 55% Success?
    Overall a 75% chance to NOT "Boom".
    I think those numbers are somewhat high if you think about the skill from a vaguely realistic perspective. What we are talking about here is a freelance bomb disposal skill. If you are thinking of getting into that business, you are not expecting to start with a 25% chance of it blowing up in your face. More like less than 1%. Realistically (even in a fantasy world), the guy who is willing to get that close to something that could kill him and monkey with it, is going to either be forced into it or be darn good at it before trying it in the field.

Even in D&D, if you are trying to max disable device, it's because you have chosen to specialize as a bomb tech. And a bad bomb tech doesn't last very long. It is one of those highly skilled jobs that weeds out the wannabes pretty early on.

Default Thanks for the Warm Welcome

Hi All, Just dropping a line thanking you guys for a fun night.
    Never thought I'd be taking a lvl 1 character into Seal of STK, but it was a hoot. Not that I could contribute much, but I do what I can

My Captain used to say there were only two types of Bomb Geeks.
    Well Trained and Dead.

Definition of a truism

Aldhur Bronzehands
    Dwarven Mage
    All around Mensch

Default Welcome !

Welcome to Aldhur, the Dwarvish Wizard.

(You still can't delete posts, but perhaps the Edit function will work. This test will prove it one way or another!)
    Last edited by Fricko; 09-04-2013 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post
    I think those numbers are somewhat high if you think about the skill from a vaguely realistic perspective. What we are talking about here is a freelance bomb disposal skill. If you are thinking of getting into that business, you are not expecting to start with a 25% chance of it blowing up in your face. More like less than 1%. Realistically (even in a fantasy world), the guy who is willing to get that close to something that could kill him and monkey with it, is going to either be forced into it or be darn good at it before trying it in the field.

Even in D&D, if you are trying to max disable device, it's because you have chosen to specialize as a bomb tech. And a bad bomb tech doesn't last very long. It is one of those highly skilled jobs that weeds out the wannabes pretty early on.
    What Hazelnut said... *nodnodnod*

Like I keep tellin' Tukcc, Cogoiler just LOOKS stupid! In reality, he is NOT! Honest... I swear... Not...

Default Edit function Broken.

Be careful what you type! The Edit/Delete button don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Varhann View Post
    Hi All, Just dropping a line thanking you guys for a fun night.
    Never thought I'd be taking a lvl 1 character into Seal of STK, but it was a hoot. Not that I could contribute much, but I do what I can

My Captain used to say there were only two types of Bomb Geeks.
    Well Trained and Dead.

Definition of a truism

Aldhur Bronzehands
    Dwarven Mage
    All around Mensch
    I knew I liked you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fricko View Post
    Try to right click on it and select "open in new tab", then close the original window.

Realistically (even in a fantasy world), the guy who is willing to get that close to something that could kill him and monkey with it, is going to either be forced into it or be darn good at it before trying it in the field.

Didn't you know that's how they 'motivate' Cogs to disarm the traps? They put a crossbow up to his head to help him 'concentrate.'

In other news, looks like they fixed the guest passes! Is the raid back on?

Community Member

You match the ability to the Difficulty.
    Like I said, On Normal, Traps are more "fun" than dangerous.
    Elite....that's another story.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fricko View Post
    Right Click and edit in another window/tab.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    Is the raid back on?
    Still upcoming. Now I have to consider Aldur.
    I don't like "catch up".

I want to here from everyone as to how "excitedly" you all want to do Chronoscope.
    I DID ask everyone to send me a report of Stats and Skills. I still am missing a couple.
    Part of the reason is for Chronoscope.

End rewards in the hands of STORM characters are also of concern to me.

End rewards in the hands of STORM characters are also of concern to me.
    Okay, well I might as well make it official. Been considering it for a few weeks now. I think I am going to go ahead and bow out of THACO. It has been a fun experiment, playing with minimal magic and seeing how one can fare. However, at some point, I have to say the experiment cannot continue to scale with simplicity. The rules are just getting more and more complicated, some rules are only in effect for a couple weeks before they are obsolete, and we have now gone from restricting ITEMS to restricting how many points you can put in a skill. If it had not been for the enhancement change, I saw inklings of restrictions on PrEs coming too. Anyway, it all makes it a bit too complicated for a guy like me who just wants to relax and play the game.

I thought about suggesting some changes to STORM, but it would further deviate from THACO and after seeing the quote posted above I know intruder would not approve, and I am not going to be the cause of any rifts in THACO.

I think the kicker though is the busting chops and calling out of members in the forum on suspected "cheating". I understand intruder has his reasons and is running a tight ship. So I guess he and I disagree on handling things like this. I am leaving before I become one that gets "called out", because my response would not be as apologetic as others have been. Yeah, I lack a little in the humility department.

Are you talkin' to me? I said are YOU talkin' to ME?! <----- My likely response. lol

I have honestly and truly had a really great time with the group of zany riff raff that calls itself STORM. I thank them and intruder for the chance to adventure together. I hope there are no hard feelings. I do think intruder said he instituted some rules just for drama, so hopefully this qualifies.

Good luck to you all. You probably won't find me on Thelanis, I was only there for STORM. My main is Ghallanda. PM me on the forums if you need anything.

Cali couldn't make game night, severe weather prevented him from "travelling". The ship "Tempest Turbine", once again refused to leave port. Cali is seriously thinking of keelhauling the Capt.

Default Losing Fedora1

This old man is very sorry to see Fedora1 leave, and hopes his adventures in Ghallandra are both enlightening and profitable. You added to my enjoyment of the game, and for that I thank you.

-Sam

Community Member

As destiny unfolds it's plans for each of us, sometimes it means we part company.
    Farewell Fedora. Fair thee well and know there are no ill feelings.

Page 76 of 133 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126 ... LastLast