Page 70 of 133 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 2654

Quote Originally Posted by LeadHeros View Post
    After the second disastrous quest of the evening 'Church and the Cult' in which traps again played a prominent part;
    That's putting it mildly. LOL. There's what, 13 traps in that one?

Community Member

Talked to a mutual acquaintance of Cogoiler (Percivile for Sunday night group).

He has been working ungodly hours, mostly every day.
    He has popped in late at night and spoken to this individual.
    Nothing serious seems to be wrong.

As soon as more info arrives, we will hear it.

That is such a relief! I have contact info for him and have been trying to reach him this week, but couldn't get through to his cell phone and had no response to my email so I sent a letter via snail mail yesterday. I was getting really worried, so thank you so much for posting this update!

*stops panicking*
    Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    Then I thought about it some more and decided that they were actually Gizmo minus the "Don't Get them Wet" problem of producing soulless evil entities that want to destroy civilization, like the Kardashians.

Quote Originally Posted by intruder1 View Post
    Talked to a mutual acquaintance of Cogoiler (Percivile for Sunday night group).

He has been working ungodly hours, mostly every day.
    He has popped in late at night and spoken to this individual.
    Nothing serious seems to be wrong.

As soon as more info arrives, we will hear it.
    Whew!

Okay now we can be mad at him for making us all worry.

Community Member

Just had to repost this! Very funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5vnt3VYCC4

Community Member

Default Freebie that is perfect for you

DDO store Freebie of the week 2nd-8th AUG

FREE adventure pack guest pass x 1 CODE APGP3

NOTE !!! If you have'nt used this before or a bit unsure. REMEMBER to press 'apply coupon' button to check price goes to Zero before 'place order' button.

I tried it with a 100tp 180 min guest pass and worked fine.
    Perfect for non vip's
    Just awestruck, wether it be a Dragon flying overhead Stormreach, that glowing character who just zoomed in'n'out of the Pub, or that i can drink a Beholder under the table and best of all rescuing Damsels in distress.

Just had to repost this! Very funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5vnt3VYCC4
    That's a good one. I also like this one:

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    Whew!

Okay now we can be mad at him for making us all worry.

You can thoroughly berate him in a few weeks... He asked me to pass on the email I received today.

Quote Originally Posted by Cogoiler
    I and family are fine! I am very sorry I was a cause for concern. Please forgive an old man with way too many things (mostly good, barring the squirrel) happening all at once? [The job] went nuclear and I've not had time for much more than eat, sleep, and work 14 - 16 hours a day, 6 and sometimes even 7 days a week.
    [...]
    Thank you for caring. I hope to be back in game(s) on a regular basis sometime in the next three weeks + or -. Forward this to anyone wondering where I am if you think best.
    I'm just happy to hear from him at last!
    Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    Then I thought about it some more and decided that they were actually Gizmo minus the "Don't Get them Wet" problem of producing soulless evil entities that want to destroy civilization, like the Kardashians.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuralanya View Post
    He asked me to pass on the email I received today.

Thanks for passing that on.

2015 DDO Players Council Hazelnut's Avatar

Question I do not keep track of alts. So, who is who?

All my toon have the last name Hazelnut. except the first, which is Hazelnut Random on Wayfinder. I would like to know who I'm playing with and talking to.
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post
    All my toon have the last name Hazelnut. except the first, which is Hazelnut Random on Wayfinder. I would like to know who I'm playing with and talking to.
    Hi Hazelnut! I play Kierik in the Wednesday night group.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post
    I would like to know who I'm playing with and talking to.
    Tukcc and Manatarmss

Community Member

Greetings THAC0 Fellowship.
    My name is Ezeikiel, and I have been tasked by Tukcc to act as a provider of some Magical Items you may require.
    My current inventory is listed below.
    In order to purchase these items, send a mail message to me containing <GEMS> whose total base value meets my price for said item.
    I will return your message with item(s) attached.

• (2) Cure Moderate Wounds-(Lvl 3)----500
    • (1) Cure Serious Wounds--(Lvl 5)---1150
    • (1) Magic Missle---------(Lvl 3)----500
    • (2) Resist Energy--------(Lvl 3)----300
    • (2) Web------------------(Lvl 3)----500
    • (1) Remove Curse---------(Lvl 5)---1150
    • (1) Blur-----------------(Lvl 5)---1150
    • (2) Lightning Bolt-------(Lvl 5)---1150
    • (3) Fireball-------------(Lvl 5)---1150
    • (1) Stoneskin------------(Lvl 7)---2500
    • (1) Magic Missle---------(Lvl 7)---2500
    • (1) Charm Monster--------(Lvl 7)---2500

• (700) +1 Arrows 40 per 100
    • (1000) +1 Bolts 40 per 100
    • (100) +1 Throwing Daggers 20 per 50
    • (100) +1 Darts 20 per 50
    • (100) +1 Throwing Axes 20 per 50
    • (20) +3 Silver Bolts 150
    • (20) +1 Silver Throwing Hammers 20
    • (20) +2 Silver Throwing Darts 70
    Last edited by intruder1; 08-07-2013 at 04:27 PM.

Why don't you just use the collectable turn-ins already available in game? Looking at your list above and comparing it to collectors you can get:

Elixirs of Healing (various strengths)
    Potions of Healing (various strengths, may also be called something else that simulates potions of healing like Cryptmoss Silk Suture)
    +1 arrows/bolts of bane (reptillian, undead, goblinoid, elemental, evil outsider)
    Necromany scrolls/wands

To me none of the above is OP, and some collectables are hard to obtain. Gems are much more common than most collectables.

Other things you can get with collectables:

Flash/stun/petrify runestones
    Resist potions
    stat potions (bear's endurance, eagle splendor, bull str, etc)
    Potions of haste, barkskin, heroism, panacea, wonder, aid, lesser restore, restoration

Seems like a good way to make use of otherwise junk items. Harder to get these items this way than just tossing some plat to a vendor, and then you don't need to develop a new system of mailing gems for the very same things.

Just my opinion - the more custom rules and stipulations you make the more complicated it becomes. The players you have now are interested in the play style you have adopted, so these gradual additional rules seem easy, but if you look at it from a new potential member perspective they are going to be confused and probably turned off.

Meant to post for reference: http://ddowiki.com/page/Collectable
    Last edited by Fedora1; 08-08-2013 at 06:22 AM.

Community Member

Just my opinion - the more custom rules and stipulations you make the more complicated it becomes. The players you have now are interested in the play style you have adopted, so these gradual additional rules seem easy, but if you look at it from a new potential member perspective they are going to be confused and probably turned off.

Meant to post for reference: http://ddowiki.com/page/Collectable
    I get your point, even though the collectables would need to be restricted to consumable items. But...to be honest, I have more trust in Tukcc's rules to keep the game "THAC0 fun". I know Tukcc cares about balance from a THAC0 perspective, he works hard to test his rules, and he listens. Besides, I hate the little purple bags (from an immersion perspective).

Do you think the THAC0 guild rules are anymore hefty than a typical PD guild?

On a separate note, I'd like to get people's thoughts on traps. Is it more fun to have trap's auto spotted/found/disarmed, or to auto-spot them and then have to deal with them without disarm? Happy to hear thoughts on this subject in regards to Normal vs. Hard vs. Elite.

Quote Originally Posted by Magiker View Post
    I get your point, even though the collectables would need to be restricted to consumable items. But...to be honest, I have more trust in Tukcc's rules to keep the game "THAC0 fun". I know Tukcc cares about balance from a THAC0 perspective, he works hard to test his rules, and he listens. Besides, I hate the little purple bags (from an immersion perspective).
    No argument from me on Tukcc's motives and ability. I just think sometimes "simple" is better.

Do you think the THAC0 guild rules are anymore hefty than a typical PD guild?
    I have never been in one. I suspect they vary from "If you die you re-roll" as the only rule to multiple layers of complexity.

On a separate note, I'd like to get people's thoughts on traps. Is it more fun to have trap's auto spotted/found/disarmed, or to auto-spot them and then have to deal with them without disarm? Happy to hear thoughts on this subject in regards to Normal vs. Hard vs. Elite.
    Well my personal preference would be niether. Unfortunately I guess the mechanics of the game don't support a random spot chance, only a random disable after spotting/searching. Given the current mechanics, I would prefer (on elite) to auto spot/find and let the disable roll fail or succeed depending on the character ability. As it is, we auto fail the spot/search, so do not get a chance to disable.

At hard or normal, it might be fun to auto-spot and then try to work around them.

Community Member

I just think sometimes "simple" is better.

Unfortunately I guess the mechanics of the game don't support a random spot chance, only a random disable after spotting/searching. Given the current mechanics, I would prefer (on elite) to auto spot/find and let the disable roll fail or succeed depending on the character ability. As it is, we auto fail the spot/search, so do not get a chance to disable.

At hard or normal, it might be fun to auto-spot and then try to work around them.
    Try to keep in mind, my suggestions are as much for Turbine as THAC0. My hope is that they take notice.
    (I KNOW already that SOMEONE does.)

The Gem thing is a test for something we all KNOW is otherwise useless. Collectables can be useful, but some of the things you can get can end up unbalancing. My suggestions will start with the most restrictive, then ease up if proven useful.

Wait till the expansion goes live. From testing in Lamonia, I already know that Traps on Elite will get harder and suspect that Secret Doors will change.
    Things like variable DC's and Skill rolls already exist. If a Spot and/or Search roll is popular, it can/will be added. (As it SHOULD be.)
    Also, magic items appearing in chests CAN have a random chance of appearing without affecting the coin, gem, etc things that are also there, eliminating our requirement to "roll" a 1 on a d10 to open a chest. (Also, as it SHOULD be)

Collectables can be useful, but some of the things you can get can end up unbalancing.
    Just restrict the collectable rewards that are unbalancing if you are worried about that. Out of curiosity which rewards, from collectables your party might have a reasonable chance to collect, do you think are more powerful than the wands Ezekiel sells for gems?

Also, magic items appearing in chests CAN have a random chance of appearing without affecting the coin, gem, etc things that are also there, eliminating our requirement to "roll" a 1 on a d10 to open a chest. (Also, as it SHOULD be)
    I think you will be rolling 1d10 for chests for as long as you play DDO since the loot rewards only ever seem to increase rather than decrease.

Coin is already practically worthless in M/W THACO and STORM as there is nothing worthwhile we can spend it on. I suspect now that you've created value for gems, now, rather than just selling them for coin, players hoard them, and in a month or two they will have so many gems you'll end up with problem similar to the one you have with coin (which will be good news for Ezekiel as his rates will go up).

Does M/W THACO still use the point restriction system since the roll on chests rule was implemented?

I get your point, even though the collectables would need to be restricted to consumable items.
    What collectables do you think THACO can realistically obtain that will net permanent items as rewards? Augment gems require a ridiculous number of collectables. Maybe scarab dust from Necropolis?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    Does M/W THACO still use the point restriction system since the roll on chests rule was implemented?
    No, anything is usable IF you can find it.
    Things in breakables are very rare, but do appear and belong to whoever finds them.
    Chests require a dice roll, but as Quest levels go up, so does the chance.
    End rewards are never taken, just Valor, no exception.

Page 70 of 133 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120 ... LastLast