Page 67 of 133 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 2656
    Community Member

Currently, our playstyle has adhered to certain restrictions in order to maintain a "Classic" feel towards Magic Items and Treasure.
    Magic Items ARE found in breakables in Normal Difficulty! Anyone who finds a Magic Item in a breakable may keep it.
    "End Rewards" are NOT taken, except for any type of Guild Valor.

What is left is a random chance that any "CHEST" is actually allowed and accepted.
    This single guideline is probably the hardest to adhere to, but is absolutely neccessary to keep Magic to a manageable level.
    AFTER an encounter is completed, but BEFORE any found chest is opened, everyone in the party rolls a d10 in party chat.
    ONLY the first TWO rolls are considered, and ONE of them MUST be a "1".
    Otherwise the chest is left unopened and abandoned.

This percentage is in keeping with the Treasure Tables in the DMG Edition 3.5.

With that said, the Treasure Tables Percentage chance INCREASES with Level to represent that
    higher level Monsters would naturally have higher value Treasure.

For our purposes, these percentages are as follows....
    Levels 1-9...............(2) d10, 1 roll MUST be a "1".
    Levels 10-16...........(2) d10, 1 roll MUST be a "2" OR LESS.
    Levels 17-20...........(2) d10, 1 roll MUST be a "3" OR LESS.

As always, I invite comments from the guild.

Quote Originally Posted by intruder1 View Post
    Levels 17-20...........(2) d10, 1 roll MUST be a "3" OR LESS.
    First off, I like the change in the rules. Not that I want lots of gear, just the fact it would take 2 levels to move the min level of one item up by one. I hadn't changed much for quite a while.

I like the trade gem value for plat to buy items. Seems that 4-6 weeks would get me a wand of some sort, probably a buff of some type.

Grondley is about 400,000 xp and that took 15 months. Looks like I'll be in GH about 2016! See ya all there!
    No Char left behind; original join date, Oct 2010

Question - Out of curiosity. In my quest journal the quest is not considered completed until you take the end reward. Or do you just need to speak to the quest giver and not take the end reward? Also, not taking the end reward leaves the little green check mark above the NPC's head. That would annoy me. lol

Would it be better to take the end reward, immediately sell it, and use the plat for the guild ship?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LeadHeros View Post
    First off, I like the change in the rules. Not that I want lots of gear, just the fact it would take 2 levels to move the min level of one item up by one. I hadn't changed much for quite a while.
    The Treasure tables actually indicated that levels 1-5 would have less than a 1 in 10 chance. You might as well not open chests at all at those levels.
    I couldn't ask anyone to do that. The increased chance after Level 10 is a well deserved one. The level progression will slow even more and those high level Quests are facing REALLY dangerous things!
    On a side note, tonights selected Quest has a MAX of 3 chests, so there is the chance no chests will be "found", and 1 of them might NOT be worth the risk! It'll be your task to figure out which one.

I like the trade gem value for plat to buy items. Seems that 4-6 weeks would get me a wand of some sort, probably a buff of some type.
    I'm liking the Gem idea. Still have some pondering to do. The one thing I'm pretty sure of is it can't include Potions and Scrolls.

Grondley is about 400,000 xp and that took 15 months. Looks like I'll be in GH about 2016! See ya all there!
    HA! Like I said last year, you'll never forget this journey!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    Question - Out of curiosity. In my quest journal the quest is not considered completed until you take the end reward. Or do you just need to speak to the quest giver and not take the end reward? Also, not taking the end reward leaves the little green check mark above the NPC's head. That would annoy me. lol

Would it be better to take the end reward, immediately sell it, and use the plat for the guild ship?
    Either way is all right. It's just a HUGE temptation to keep a really good item. I figured (like not opening chests) that not handling it would be better.
    We play very well on the "honor" system to follow guidelines though, so I don't think it's any problem to add more coin as long as you keep the guild character's wealth separate from any other characters.

I WOULD like your characters "Wealth" to server as an indicator of satisfactory progression IAW the 3.5 rulebook.
    (Just a thought)

Either way is all right. It's just a HUGE temptation to keep a really good item. I figured (like not opening chests) that not handling it would be better.
    We play very well on the "honor" system to follow guidelines though, so I don't think it's any problem to add more coin as long as you keep the guild character's wealth separate from any other characters.

I WOULD like your characters "Wealth" to server as an indicator of satisfactory progression IAW the 3.5 rulebook.
    (Just a thought)
    Right now my L6 paladin Jedial has about 3k plat. A few banked items waiting for possible use when he can afford the magic ML points.

Currently, our playstyle has adhered to certain restrictions in order to maintain a "Classic" feel ...
    This percentage is in keeping with the Treasure Tables in the DMG Edition 3.5.

3.5 is 'classic' DnD? Wasn't that released in 2003?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    3.5 is 'classic' DnD? Wasn't that released in 2003?
    Yeah, I know. I am trying to use tables that DDO is using, but DDO's treasure rewards are WAY higher than the actual Tables.
    Like, 100% per Encounter, per person! (That does not include Wandering Critter encounters.)
    Every time you best an Encounter, every person in the Party gets a Magic Item. Granted, the item may not be of use or desire, but it's still too much.

I am using a sliding scale based on Level (Ed 3.5), comparing the chance to receive per person to both 2nd and 3rd.

Default "Classic" D&D ain't "Advanced".

From my perspective, "Classic D&D" is the original D&D 2.0, although the argument could be made that the game actually took off with the original "1.0" loose leaf black and white version that required you to punch out the black spots at the edges to allow the pages of rules to be placed in a binder you provided. AD&D was a pimple faced upstart to the established PnP gaming world, that added much complexity and exploitive opportunities for marketing new products to the gaming community.

AD&D does not even "feel" like the original game, which could easily be played with 8 - 10 year old children and did not require advanced math degrees or calculators/computers to assist the DM with balancing play and players. Back then, I understood the fundamental theorem of integral calculus, including L'Hospital's Rule of Improper Integrals, but got dizzy thumbing through the AD&D 2.0 DM Guide. (Disclaimer: Yes, I had to reach behind me and get my antique Calculus book from college years, with publishing date of 1971, to copy terms I no longer understand.... but it sounds really intelligent! *grin*)

Still, that is just this old geezer's opinion. Maybe there is a "Classic AD&D", but after reviewing the complexity, and seeing the new "factory made" modules, our group never wanted to play it.

Default Success in Haunted Library...

And by success I mean that some of us survived to the end. Caliban and Tukcc both got it in the big room toward the end. Too many foes and a poor position to launch an assault from. Grondley's summons Jac got a few, command undead a few more, arrows got most of the rest. The lantern was up and blasting away but it was positioned directly behind a pillar and there was no room, or cover to get it to a better position. On hind sight, should have moved back and then repositioned. After that we moved toward the final room. Cogs got blasted but Ktorr, Kierik and Grondley made it to the end. Kierik had to be very careful at the end to keep enough sp to dimension door us to the beginning, as per the rules. We rolled and rolled and rolled but no 1 came up so no treasure at all.

Echos of Power, I remember when if you ran out, that was it. It has always felt slightly wrong to use spells once echos starts but I waffle because Tuk allows it and I hate to fail after a long quest if I can't contribute anything. Plus, I then feel no pressure to conserve sp because it comes right back, and anytime you are not under pressure in THACO, there is something wrong. Any thoughts? Use it or not?

Community Member

Plus, I then feel no pressure to conserve sp because it comes right back, and anytime you are not under pressure in THACO, there is something wrong. Any thoughts? Use it or not?
    Spellcasters get this automatically, so they HAVE to use it, right?

But I DO see your point.

Community Member

A kindly, old Wizard travels Ebberon weekly, obtaining Wands to resell to us. He may not always have what you're looking for but he will provide me a list for publication here in this thread.

Add Ezeikiel to your friends list and seek him out if you see him.

Community Member

The Wizard Ezeikiel has the following Wands and Ammunition available to THAC0 Guild members.
    Payment will be in the form of GEMS and transactions made via DDO Mail or in person.

(2) Cure Moderate Wounds-(Lvl 3)----500
    (1) Cure Serious Wounds--(Lvl 5)---1150
    (1) Magic Missle---------(Lvl 3)----500
    (2) Resist Energy--------(Lvl 3)----300
    (2) Web------------------(Lvl 3)----500
    (1) Remove Curse---------(Lvl 5)---1150
    (1) Blur-----------------(Lvl 5)---1150
    (2) Lightning Bolt-------(Lvl 5)---1150
    (3) Fireball-------------(Lvl 5)---1150
    (1) Stoneskin------------(Lvl 7)---2500
    (1) Magic Missle---------(Lvl 7)---2500
    (1) Charm Monster--------(Lvl 7)---2500
    (Most have full charges. None less than 60%)

(1000) +1 Arrows 40 per 100
    (1000) +1 Bolts 40 per 100
    (100) +1 Throwing Daggers 20 per 50
    (100) +1 Darts 20 per 50
    (100) +1 Throwing Axes 20 per 50
    Last edited by intruder1; 07-12-2013 at 12:00 PM.

Community Member

Default Character wealth by level

Just for comparison, if you're inclined, add up the base value of EVERY thing that occupies a space on your character, backpack and personal bank space.
    Right down to material componants.

Compare it to the following to see how your character stands to the DMG. According to it, significant overage or underages are supposed to reflect an underequiped and overequiped state.
    (The DMG referes to GP, but DDO had gone to a PP standard.)

Level 2 900
    Level 3 2700
    Level 4 5400
    Level 5 9000
    Level 6 13000
    Level 7 19000
    Level 8 27000
    Level 9 36000
    Level 10 49000
    Level 11 66000
    Level 12 88000
    Level 13 110000
    Level 14 150000
    Level 15 200000
    Level 16 260000
    Level 17 340000
    Level 18 440000
    Level 19 580000
    Level 20 760000

Looking at my 4th Level Bard and 10th Level Fighter/Cleric, the Bard has ~7900 (Wealthy?) and the Fighter/Cleric has ~32000 (Slightly UnderFunded).

Community Member

Default Gone! but not forgotten

Went to log in... check.
    Installing updates... check.
    Rebooting client... check.
    Re-Log in... check...wait what the hell? Why didn't Thelanis server pop up as last played world?
    Select Thelanis... check.
    Character selection...

where are my characters? WHERE THE HELL ARE MY CHARACTERS!!!!!!

Reboot client.
    Select another server...
    no characters.

Again
    no characters.

Again
    no characters.

EVERY SINGLE SERVER CHECKED AND NO CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *** TURBINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To say I'm ****ed is an understatement.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zefjoque View Post
    To say I'm ****ed is an understatement.
    I'd have been screaming!
    Most of that happened to me also, but not the characters.
    What I DID get was every character I EVER "friended" back on my friends list.
    Hopefully you get your characters back.

Community Member

All I can do is shake my head at stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Someone
    It's funny, most of the quests listed in the OP as being great are the ones I hate having to run. Puzzles, mazes, constant backtracking, having to figure stuff out--that sort of thing only appeals to a small crowd, I think. And I think Turbine knows it. Too many quests like that, and people like me will be gnashing our teeth (and skipping them whenever possible).

One every so often is fine, but too many just leads to frustration, I think. Crucible falls in there with those "unique" "interesting" quests. It's nice to run once in a while, but when it's REQUIRED and on elite no less because of BB requirements, it really sucks.

This is the way I see it: I work my butt off at work all day trying to overcome one obstacle after another. When I get home, I want to relax, not beat my head against the wall because it took us 45 minutes to get through the maze but then we wiped on the demon boss and traps. I'm not asking for WOW simplicity and brain-numbing stupidity, just a happy medium.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone
    This is why we can only get boring quests, get in, go forward, kill everything (God forbid skipping a single creature, you must slay them all, sneaking is for weak).
    Most of playerbase hate to think and use any skill or tactic, other than autoattack (remember all those people hating they must click 5 new buttons on their barbs?)
    Doing anything non facerollable by low skill and weak build players will get massive hate and uproar.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefjoque View Post
    where are my characters? WHERE THE HELL ARE MY CHARACTERS!!!!!!
    I have seen others on the forum describe the same thing - all characters lost. I hope they come up with a resolution fast. I wouldn't mess with email or forum posts, I always get good response from support with less than a 10 minute wait on hold.

Turbine Support:
    855-924-2637

Good luck!

Default Hope this is resolved quickly...

My chars, at least on Thelanis are ok.

Community Member

Default Hammer+testicles = O.o

Apparently, when trying to create a login for the forums, which for some obscure reason had to be different than the login for the game client, I created another game account which, when the new update finished, basically reset my login username for the client to that of the forums login which caused the client to open a new account that Jack built. %P

Calibhan, Vinnie and Blodhund are safe and sound.

However I have now lost a great plot twist to the long neglected story of Calibhan. It was going to be a tear jerker and lead to a different version of Calibhan (rerolling Cali with Vet II status and rushing to level 9).

Yes, I was going to go there, 'cause I didn't want to leave the Fellowship hanging.

I guess Monday was a bad day to quit drinking.

Page 67 of 133 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast