Page 64 of 133 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 2654

Quote Originally Posted by Magiker View Post
    I appreciate the offer, but there is no way I'm taking 4000 TP from you. I've tried other ways to downplay the class:
    1. no PrC
    2. no element specializing (i.e. taking enhancment I for each element before moving to II in any of them).
    3. more buffing based spells
    4. no dps spells in highest slot
    5. only using metamagic against the toughest foes, and only when the party is in serious trouble. (granted, I sometimes use it in the wilderness against the pushovers just to speed up our run.)
    6. I'm now experimenting with magic items that provide important but only occasionally/rarely realized benefits. Like a death robe instead of an uber combustion/acid scepter.
    Veteran II status is only 1495 TPs. Just get that and roll a new L7. Use an xp pot and you can zerg him through the lower level content and get to L9 in a couple of hours easily.

Even easier and cheaper to switch to another class next level and keep your 10 levels of sorcerer. You could switch to bard or paladin to keep charisma based, use the free feat swap from Lockania to discard change a metamagic to something else, and by level 12 (if not sooner) your offensive spells won't be OP any longer.
    Last edited by Postumus; 06-07-2013 at 10:22 PM.

Community Member

I appreciate the offer........
    OK, it's your choice.

We've already discussed (and adopted) freely being able to rework your Enhancements and working with "Fred" with feats.
    Any reincarnation would ONLY be allowed for specific reasons and after discussing it at length.

Community Member

THAC0 Group ML1.5 is now playing Normal Difficulty, with NO Magic Limitations, BUT ignoring chests 90% of the time.
    This both retains a "limit" to "Monty Haul'ism" and allowing the unrestricted use of anything we are fortunate enough to find.
    Breakables DO contain items. This is still rare but a great thing for our play style.

End rewards are still "Valor Only", but with a "Pay if you Die" concept well on it's way, I believe items could be sold to supply coin for the characters use.

Monday and Wednesday groups are reminded to NOT move coin from your character to your bank, and vice versa.

Tukcc was fortunate enough to obtain "Gloves of Godly Might" and ever since, has been reflecting on just how many Stat adjustments are afforded characters in DDO.

After stat increases every 4 levels, and the miriad of stat increases available thru enhancements, do we really think +5 stat Items are necessary?
    Tukcc is considering eliminating these gloves and wondering if these types of items are OP for "Classic".

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by intruder1 View Post
    After stat increases every 4 levels, and the miriad of stat increases available thru enhancements, do we really think +5 stat Items are necessary?
    Tukcc is considering eliminating these gloves and wondering if these types of items are OP for "Classic".
    Gauntlets of Ogre Power are classic DnD through and through. Keep 'em, enjoy 'em. Besides, it makes you a better meat shield...

Tukcc was fortunate enough to obtain "Gloves of Godly Might" and ever since, has been reflecting on just how many Stat adjustments are afforded characters in DDO.

You do not have 18/00 in DDO, so +5 str gloves are about the same as pulling ogre power gauntlets or a girdle of hill giant strength.

And yes you will need +6 stat items eventually. You will be facing opponents with THOUSANDS of HPs and redonkuluous saves.

Community Member

Gauntlets of Ogre Power are classic DnD through and through. Keep 'em, enjoy 'em. Besides, it makes you a better meat shield...
    +1's and +2's I can see, but +5's?
    It's pure "candy", and not neccessary at Normal.
    Elite? Sure, I can see that.
    Someone who LIKES the DDO "Arcade"? Yep.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    And yes you will need +6 stat items eventually. You will be facing opponents with THOUSANDS of HPs and redonkuluous saves.
    And you have seen this at Normal and Casual Difficulties?

3 of the Wednesday night group have not seen any quests above 8th, 3 have.
    When this group reaches a point where we can't at least have an average chance of surviving, even on Casual, then we will have reached our limit and the experiment is over.
    Then characters can group however they feel and continue by whatever means they wish.

Community Member

Default Couldn't have phased it better.....

Very true.....
    Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    You're problem is perspective. What you view as fun and that that guy views a fun are two different things, and you can no more change his view than he can change yours. All you can do is decide how you'll react to him.

Community Member

+1's and +2's I can see, but +5's?
    It's pure "candy", and not neccessary at Normal.
    Elite? Sure, I can see that.
    Someone who LIKES the DDO "Arcade"? Yep.
    For 3.5 PnP, a level 9 character has an average wealth of 36000 gp.
    Also in 3.5, a +5 Str item would cost 25000 gp.
    If you list your other gear for me, I'll price it out for you with 3.5 rules. See if you're under the 3.5 wealth limit for your level.

Community Member

For 3.5 PnP, a level 9 character has an average wealth of 36000 gp.
    Also in 3.5, a +5 Str item would cost 25000 gp.
    If you list your other gear for me, I'll price it out for you with 3.5 rules. See if you're under the 3.5 wealth limit for your level.
    I did the same thing before suggesting the ML system. No one was interested in a wealth limit.

Community Member

I did the same thing before suggesting the ML system. No one was interested in a wealth limit.
    I'm not interested in a wealth limit. I'm trying to make you feel better about your uber gloves.

Community Member

I'm not interested in a wealth limit. I'm trying to make you feel better about your uber gloves.
    LOL...No need. Already sold them off.

And you have seen this at Normal and Casual Difficulties?

Yes. Yes I have. And you will also eventually. Even on casual you will eventually be facing end fights against giants, dragons, mindlfayers, undead doomspheres, and constructs with thousands of HPs, damage reduction, spell wards, and self-healing.

3 of the Wednesday night group have not seen any quests above 8th, 3 have.
    When this group reaches a point where we can't at least have an average chance of surviving, even on Casual, then we will have reached our limit and the experiment is over.
    Then characters can group however they feel and continue by whatever means they wish.

If you think random loot generated items like +6 stat items will always be OP, regardless of character level, then yes, you will eventually have less than an average chance to survive higher level content. When you actually hit that point will depend on your abilities as a player.

If you want a preview of how you might fare against higher level content, you could take your current level 10s and short-man Chronoscope on normal and see how far you get. The very first boss, Bloodplate, has around 8,000 hit points. It is a raid, but on normal the heroic level is only level 6 and people short man this quite frequently, so I think it is a fairly good preview of what you will be up against once you start hitting level 13-14 content. I also think it is quite fun and you may enjoy it.

Another good test of your current rule set/party ability would be for your group to run the Vault of Night flagging quests on normal. I realize you are 1-2 levels higher than the content already, but if half of you have never run these quests before they will be challenging (and fun) for you even at level 10. Some of the end fights in that chain have monsters with with damage reduction and HPs over 1000.

Community Member

Real life getting in the way again.

Might be a bit late tonight.
    Just in case.......Stromvald's Mine (Level 8 Nomal), or Haunted Library (Level 8 Normal) should be all right.

Those are non-chain quests and F2P so no passes would be needed.

Another good test of your current rule set/party ability would be for your group to run the Vault of Night flagging quests on normal. I realize you are 1-2 levels higher than the content already, but if half of you have never run these quests before they will be challenging (and fun) for you even at level 10. Some of the end fights in that chain have monsters with with damage reduction and HPs over 1000.

Not giving away any spoilers for those that have not run them, but the one called something like "Prisoner of the Mind" is deadly even before the end fight. Very tough quest for the level even though I think it is listed as normal difficulty.

Community Member

I have asked all characters in the Monday and Wednesday night groups to begin saving any and all GEMS they find in a Quest.
    It is for research.

I have asked all characters in the Monday and Wednesday night groups to begin saving any and all GEMS they find in a Quest.
    It is for research.
    You are like the Mad Scientist of DDO.

It is for research.
    Isn't that also what Bernie Madoff said?

Community Member

Yes. Yes I have. And you will also eventually. Even on casual you will eventually be facing end fights against giants, dragons, mindlfayers, undead doomspheres, and constructs with thousands of HPs, damage reduction, spell wards, and self-healing.

If you think random loot generated items like +6 stat items will always be OP, regardless of character level, then yes, you will eventually have less than an average chance to survive higher level content. When you actually hit that point will depend on your abilities as a player.

If you want a preview of how you might fare against higher level content, you could take your current level 10s and short-man Chronoscope on normal and see how far you get. The very first boss, Bloodplate, has around 8,000 hit points. It is a raid, but on normal the heroic level is only level 6 and people short man this quite frequently, so I think it is a fairly good preview of what you will be up against once you start hitting level 13-14 content. I also think it is quite fun and you may enjoy it.

While rping with one of cogs characters and a guildie of his. I mentioned that the pub we were sitting in was once over-run by demons. Telling them tales of a destroyed marketplace with fiery demons flying overhead. After awhile they just HAD to see it for themselves. So i got Alivef said stick close and we all had a crazy time.
    For those of you who have not done a raid Chronoscope is fun at any level(rather fast and furious tho) . The graphics are excellent. Even to just have a look is a must and well worth it. Like postumus said a taste of things to come.
    Just awestruck, wether it be a Dragon flying overhead Stormreach, that glowing character who just zoomed in'n'out of the Pub, or that i can drink a Beholder under the table and best of all rescuing Damsels in distress.

Community Member

In a static group.....
    Just how can you have a guideline that MIGHT require a character to be retired when it would be impossible to replace that character with another so that the player can continue with the group?

From what little I know about the PermaDeath Groups, if a character is killed the whole group re-rolls new 1st level characters.

Is that what we're considering?

Page 64 of 133 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast