Page 92 of 138 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 2747

Quote Originally Posted by intruder1 View Post
    Just a reflection from an Elite Difficulty point of view.

I couldn't agree more, Elite is a difficult environment for non-focused characters.

As it has been stated by Turbine, "Quests have been designed around the Normal Difficulty".
    It is this group's focus to establish guidelines that keep Normal Difficulty Challenging to Players.
    By doing this, we allow characters to develope a broader range of functions within their Classes.
    To do this effectively, I think we need the entire group to meet two criteria:
    1. Only run quests at level, and
    2. All have the same level.

I'm not sure if we have been following the first point (I haven't really paid attention to the average level of the group) but I know we haven't been following the second point.

If we are experimenting to ensure that we create a challenge to players on Normal Difficulty, isn't it logical that we ensure we are keeping as much of the intended difficulty level the same as we can?
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post
    To do this effectively, I think we need the entire group to meet two criteria:
    1. Only run quests at level, and
    2. All have the same level.

I'm not sure if we have been following the first point (I haven't really paid attention to the average level of the group) but I know we haven't been following the second point.

If we are experimenting to ensure that we create a challenge to players on Normal Difficulty, isn't it logical that we ensure we are keeping as much of the intended difficulty level the same as we can?
    It's tough to judge the Monday night group because we have (had) just 4 players.

Wednesday Group is (most of the time) the same level. The 2 VIP's usually level first because of the 10% thing.
    Unless there is a good reason, they conduct adventures at level. As soon as most of the group rises in Level, we switch to a new array of Quests.
    Since we are within 1 level of each other, the second point is true.

Community Member

This message is a call to the THAC0 Ranger by the name "KTORR".
    PM at your earliest convienience

(This guy really is hard to contact! Oh, that's right......"He's one of them...Rangers".)
    Last edited by intruder1; 12-29-2013 at 10:39 AM.

Default The new legit Grondley...

Rolled my dice and used a heart to rebuild Grondley the THACO way. Str 12; Dex 14; Con 15; Int 16; Wis 11; Cha 9. Since starting, I earned the favor for Champion so you do get the extra points when reincarnating an Adventurer. You also get to pick more spells as you level, so check what the 'found only' spells are. This time I can boost int with enhancements and have gotten back to my original int level. 3 points in PM for the skelly Jac.

Went to visit Atraxia, Jac was hitting in the low 20's with an occasional 40 and has 314 hp.

Originally posted by Aeryyn "I don't play this game for xp/min, I play for fun/hour. "

Community Member

This message is a call to the THAC0 Ranger by the name "KTORR".
    PM at your earliest convienience

(This guy really is hard to contact! Oh, that's right......"He's one of them...Rangers".)

Hard to contact?
    Seriously!?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LeadHero5
    ...... I earned the favor for Champion so you do get the extra points when reincarnating an Adventurer.
    What's reincarnating?

3 points in PM for the skelly Jac.
    1 for the Tree Entry, 1 for Jack. Where is the third point?

Went to visit Atraxia, Jac was hitting in the low 20's with an occasional 40 and has 314 hp.
    Ok. Guide him to single monsters and count how many of them he can kill before he, himself is killed.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ktorr View Post
    Hard to contact?
    Seriously!?
    Check your PM's now. I've forwarded what's recent.

Community Member

Check your PM's now. I've forwarded what's recent.
    Read the PM. I laughed, I cried, It was riveting reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Ktorr View Post
    shr plz

The lessor heart that got handed out awhile back. You get back to the character creation screen, and then talk to a trainer.

The DDO planner says 2 points for the skeleton, maybe DDO is only one.

Originally posted by Aeryyn "I don't play this game for xp/min, I play for fun/hour. "

Quote Originally Posted by Ktorr
    Is... that... Ktorr? O.o

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by zefjoe View Post
    Is... that... Ktorr? O.o
    Can't be. Ktorr is let out only once a week.

Community Member

Default Gamenight

Last night 4 members of THAC0 traveled into the desert area of Zzwabi's Refuge.
    We had heard of half-buried crypts that were filled with Platinum and other valuable Treasure.
    For many hours we trekked thru the mountains searching, but to no avail, until.......

A Cave. Not a dank, smelly Cave, but a dry, well kept Cave. You see this was a ..........Wait, sorry, wrong story.

A Cave nestled in the midst of a Desert Mountain Range.

The Quest was a good one, filled with danger and a LOT of yelling and cursing (mostly me )
    Our party had forgotten the proven tactics of "bait and ambush", so this Quest served as a refresher in how to survive in Classic D&D style.

Towards the end of the Quest, Spell Power was depleated, but Health was Max and we were able to seek out the "Spawn" and eliminate their existence.

Afterwards, I wanted to examine End Rewards so we gathered and I asked each member to select an End Reward that they WOULD have selected to keep and post in Party chat so everyone could see.
    All characters had the "Class Specific" box Unchecked.

While it is not important as to the specifics, it was notable that there was nothing in the list that was that much better than things we had discovered in "Chests" from past completed Quests.
    Actually half of the Party last night had NO interest in anything offered at all.
    Our Guild seems to be doing just fine with only Breakables and 10% of available Chests.

Every once in a while we will do this examination again to confirm this concept.

Community Member

Members of Weds night THAC0 should check their in-game mailbox for a message about tonight.
    If you received a message, it contains "Lore and Rumor" about tonight's adventure.
    The detail and quantity of information is based on Class, Intellegence and "Tavern" factors.

Since no one knows which Quest we're headed for, once you meet with Tukcc, you can use this information to prepare and discuss Tactics.

Members of Weds night THAC0 should check their in-game mailbox for a message about tonight.
    If you received a message, it contains "Lore and Rumor" about tonight's adventure.
    The detail and quantity of information is based on Class, Intellegence and "Tavern" factors.

Since no one knows which Quest we're headed for, once you meet with Tukcc, you can use this information to prepare and discuss Tactics.

Cool idea.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    Cool idea.
    That's what I thought too. Then I checked my mailbox. What!?! Somebody start building our pyre...

Community Member

Default Gamenight

This Wednesday's game night ended up a "white-knuckled" experience.

5 characters braved the Unearthed Tower of a Lich!
    Just the name makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up if you're a PnP fan!
    This Lich did not disappoint.

It was a fight, making our way up the tower filled with Zombies and Skeletons.
    The one mistake I thought we made was not picking our locations to fight.
    It seemed the Monsters preferred to fight near Caskets that contained the Mummified Servants of the Lich....complete with a nasty Mummy-Rot!

Tukcc spent most of his Healing and Curing powers keeping the group alive.
    Finally the group was forced to establish a "safe" area in order to Rest.

Tonight we tried a method of "Resting" that kinda compensated for the Arcade use of a Shrine.
    All characters that needed to regain spells and/or Hit points "sat" in a group while someone kept watch for Wandering Monsters.
    If a period of 15 minutes was established and the group was not "interupted", everyone was alowed to use the closest Shrine.

Note to Turbine: It would be great if the action bar for using a Shrine in Normal Difficulty would take 15-20 minutes!

At the end of the adventure, the group burst into the Throne Room of the Lich hoping to surprice it.
    We were wrong.
    It was waiting for us and caused the very floor to slowly break away.
    At the same time (I believe) our Rogue let loose a Bolt from his Great Crossbow hoping to knock it off it's feet.
    He was wrong.
    The Lich cast it's undead gaze on the Rogue and our poor comrade dissolved in a cloud of burnt flesh and leather!

Tukcc and the Ranger (Ktorr) charged the thing, Tuck wielding a Magical Mace and Ktorr swinging dual Magical Hammers!
    From there on, chaos and confusion ruled.
    I pounded the thing, and after inflicting somewhat heavy injury, was struck down and layed on the floor.
    Before losing conciousness, I heard Ktorr yell as he fell through a crumpling floor.

Some time later, I regained my senses and found myself in Town again.
    Ktorr related that he fell to the bottom of the Tower and nearly was killed.
    He healed himself and made his way back to the Throne Room where he beheld the remainder of the group down and unconcious.

BUT THE LICH WAS STANDING.....AND MORE, IT WAS VISIBLY SERIOUSLY INJURED!

As the floor was gone, he attacked with Bow and after some anxiety, the Lich was sent back to Hell!

This adventure pitted an 11th Level Group against a CR15 Lich and (IMO) was great fun! (Except for the almost Party Wipe!)

I would like the others to add to this with their versions of what took place in order to complete the story.

Default With a full store of mana...

I concentrate and raise my spell power to the maximum. 'Every one ready?"; I cast haste and in we go. There he is, I command Jac to attack, cast fire wall and the room fills with green mist. I move to one side and cast fire wall again. And I'm dead. Save vs acid rain, fail; Save vs disintergrate, fail. The rest of THACO is attacking and the lich is slowly losing ground; but one by one they are falling. Ktorr is 'saved' by plummeting back to the first level through the crumbling floor. Jac is now the only one left fighting and it is close but he too is defeated. But the lich is also very badly damaged, enough for Ktorr, to recuperate, get to the throne room, attack again, and finish him off.

What should I have done differently? Casting more resists would have helped, and summoned a lantern archon.

Quote Originally Posted by LeadHero5 View Post
    I concentrate and raise my spell power to the maximum. 'Every one ready?"; I cast haste and in we go. There he is, I command Jac to attack, cast fire wall and the room fills with green mist. I move to one side and cast fire wall again. And I'm dead. Save vs acid rain, fail; Save vs disintergrate, fail. The rest of THACO is attacking and the lich is slowly losing ground; but one by one they are falling. Ktorr is 'saved' by plummeting back to the first level through the crumbling floor. Jac is now the only one left fighting and it is close but he too is defeated. But the lich is also very badly damaged, enough for Ktorr, to recuperate, get to the throne room, attack again, and finish him off.

What should I have done differently? Casting more resists would have helped, and summoned a lantern archon.

Now I'm confused. The floor doesn't fall out when you fight Raiyum the lich, it only falls out when you fight his mummy henchmen Hami and Hafez, and then it only falls out after you have defeated them.

Did you guys actually get a completion and this is just a confusing, colorful retelling of events? Did you get the phylactery and return it to Zawabi? Or did you wipe at one of the mummy bosses?

Uber Completionist

Tonight we tried a method of "Resting" that kinda compensated for the Arcade use of a Shrine.
    All characters that needed to regain spells and/or Hit points "sat" in a group while someone kept watch for Wandering Monsters.
    If a period of 15 minutes was established and the group was not "interupted", everyone was alowed to use the closest Shrine.
    Nice concept for your D&D Roleplay

Note to Turbine: It would be great if the action bar for using a Shrine in Normal Difficulty would take 15-20 minutes!
    lol, no way

Default There are many lichs...

The one we fought is Validus in Delera's Graveyard.

Page 92 of 138 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast