Page 74 of 133 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 2654

Default Grondley Drexelhand, wizard, pale master...

The Drexelhand family was one of the leading families on Korthos before the war. The Heyton's were another family and in an effort to cash in on the war effort, they negotiated with House Cannith to build forges to create the fighting machines known as the warforged. Their plan did result in enriching them but because of the mystical forges, the war came to Korthos and caused much damage to all. The Drexelhand holdings were largely destroyed, while Heyton's used their connections to profit and rebuild.

Generations later, 2 brothers worked for the Heyton's. Jacoby managed some of the properties while his older brother Grondley was in 'accounts receivables'. Using his knack of magic combined with some study, he was able to either charm or scare the late accounts to get current, or else. Drenyl Fallow came to the island preceding the Sahuagin invasion to establish a foothold and recruit disgruntled villagers to join the "Cult of the Devourer". He turned Jac's resentment toward Heytons for having to work places that his family had once owned, into hatred and the desire for revenge. Grondley fought the Sahuagin and only learned of his brothers traitorous deeds while defending the Wavecrest. Jac was killed but Grondley was again forced to fight his now dead brother when Drusen was abducted. Overcome by remorse and under suspicion by the rest of Korthos, Grondley had to flee.

He is now turning his mystical knowledge to the hope he will be able to restore true life to his brother, who at least for the time being, is summoned to assist Grondley in his adventures. Recently as part test and part revenge, Grondley secretly returned to Korthos and ressurected Drenyl in the form of a rat to serve him as a familiar.

Originally posted by Aeryyn "I don't play this game for xp/min, I play for fun/hour. "

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by zefjoe View Post
    Intruder1 absolutely DEPLORES [] my penchant for "building" characters. HAHAHAHAHAHA. He ain't seen nothing yet.
    <grin>

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LeadHero5 View Post
    The Drexelhand family was.........
    Nice........Very nice

Community Member

Default Stats and skills

I'm doing a comparison of Stats and Skills (in certain areas) after the Newest Update.
    Could all Fellowship Players send me a breakdown of Base, and then all adjustments, from your normal adventuring loadout?
    STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
    SPOT, SEARCH, DISABLE, HIDE, MOVE SILENT

Community Member

Disclaimer: As always, my posts are NOT aimed at anyone specifically and therefore should not generate any defensive actions/comments.

I want to share part of a conversation I had with someone because it addresses something that currently affects us all.

"By obtaining a +10 disarm item, our Rogue essentially made disarm a "non-issue" when added to his normal skill in disarming. (When playing on Normal Difficulty)
    It is my opinion that any item with a +5 or more adjustment is overpowered, but adding more restrictions now is going to be tough.

In fact, I think the newest expansion has further LOWERED the Trap DC's on Normal, and raised them in Hard and Elite.
    This is going to cause further problems and we can not increase the difficulty we use.

People dislike the 10% rule now. Adding a restriction such as ML would not be accepted.
    At best, I think a limit of +4 on any item would be the only solution."

DDO makes items available that can quickly derail our play style. The quantity and value of Magic Items in a Quest is a constant concern.
    The players that seem to have the most trouble doing without Gear are those who also play in unrestricted play styles. These groups play on Elite and doing so mostly requires these items, this I can readily understand and agree with.
    Our group does have 1 or 2 that maintain a minimum gear count and play accordingly without much difference from the others.
    At Normal difficulty, I believe proper playing does not require a lot of gear.
    Last edited by intruder1; 08-25-2013 at 07:40 AM.

Community Member

Default Worth a repost....

As always, my posts are NOT aimed at anyone specifically and therefore should not generate any defensive actions/comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Someone
    Actually, there are things they can sell without P2W. Its just selling P2W is another form of profit.

They choose to offer things for sale that can bypass "GAME MECHANICS AND BALANCE".

I've seen some suggestions by players that are not P2W, but Turbine could easily profit from it. How many times have people suggested selling bags we can name? How many times have people suggested better organized banking? How many timed have people suggested better subs and percs and willing to pay extra for it? There are things they can sell without P2W. They just choose to expand wallets which can make them appear greedy even if its not their intention. Perception says a lot about a business.

Community Member

For the Guild's information, I measured the Trap DC's in a 4th Level Quest and compared them with previous measures.

Granted, it is just one Quest and we know some Quests can be harder or easier.
    Granted, I don't know if the DC's scale. I soloed the test.

Anyway, before, Normal was 10 on this particular Quest, now it is 7.
    Hard was 14, now it is 12. And Elite was 16, and 15 fails while 17 succeeds. (I didn't have a tool to exactly use 16)
    The Quest was "Proof in the Poison."

Quote Originally Posted by intruder1 View Post
    For the Guild's information, I measured the Trap DC's in a 4th Level Quest and compared them with previous measures.

Granted, it is just one Quest and we know some Quests can be harder or easier.
    Granted, I don't know if the DC's scale. I soloed the test.

Anyway, before, Normal was 10 on this particular Quest, now it is 7.
    Hard was 14, now it is 12. And Elite was 16, and 15 fails while 17 succeeds. (I didn't have a tool to exactly use 16)
    The Quest was "Proof in the Poison."

I do not believe that trap DCs scale, and I haven't seen any reports of the trap DCs scaling (eg wiki) but I've never actually tested it myself. A hireling will cause the dungeon to scale a bit, but not as much as another PC.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    I do not believe that trap DCs scale, and I haven't seen any reports of the trap DCs scaling (eg wiki) but I've never actually tested it myself. A hireling will cause the dungeon to scale a bit, but not as much as another PC.
    It's OK. I'll take a few minutes on Monday and have the group help me check the same Quest.
    That will answer that.

Elite doesn't seem to have changed so far, so it should not affect STORM any differently.
    I will continue to check Quests when I have the time.
    If further measurements in other Quests/Levels prove similar it will DRASTICALLY affect Monday and Wednesday Groups.

Community Member

I'm doing a comparison of Stats and Skills (in certain areas) after the Newest Update.
    Could all Fellowship Players send me a breakdown of Base, and then all adjustments, from your normal adventuring loadout?
    STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
    SPOT, SEARCH, DISABLE, HIDE, MOVE SILENT
    Again, this is kinda important. Especially after the change to DC's.
    Please outline pre-feat and pre-enhancement Stats, then selected feats and enhancements.
    The same with skills.

It would be nice is if complete character sheets were available to view by others.

It would be nice is if complete character sheets were available to view by others.
    I think this will be possible once Ron has some time to overhaul the Character Planner.

Community Member

The outline below gave me just what I needed.
    Please use it as an example.

------------------
    First number: base
    Second number: bonus from feats & levels
    Third number: bonus from items
    Final: total

STR: 9 + 0 + 2 = 11
    DEX: 13 + 1 + 0 = 14
    CON: 11 + 1 + 0 = 12
    INT: 10 + 0 + 0 = 10
    WIS: 12 + 0 + 0 = 12
    CHA: 17 + 3 + 1 = 21

SPOT: 7 + 0 + 0 = 7
    LISTEN: 19 + 0 + 5 = 24
    SEARCH: 0 + 0 + 0 = 0
    DISABLE: NA
    HIDE: 19 + 0 + 0 = 19
    MOVE SILENT: 17 + 0 + 0 = 17
    BLUFF: 15 + 0 + 3 = 18

--------------------------------------------

Community Member

Default Uh oh...not good.

Normal Difficulty DC's are much lower now, and now I read the treasure tables have been moved in the "Monty" direction?

Quote Originally Posted by Someone
    I made an iconic and was running Korthos n/h/e for the coin lord favor and was like, "Holy ****, it wasn't giving me toys like these when I was starting out.". The newbs are getting some very nice stuff, relatively speaking.

That being said I'm in the process of collecting new sets of gear for my previously capped characters as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Someone else
    I like it. All chests matter now. All optionals matter now, because they produce chests, where you can get the best loot in the game from. It encourages people to play the entire game rather than hit up the 4 or 5 quests/raids the gear they want is in. We also dont have to read these posts where only raid mobs matter, only 2% of the game matters, only end game matters, etc.

That being said, I believe they could upgrade some of this raid loot and named items to at least be on par with the new random loot rather than being a step behind it. I dont feel it needs to be the only thing people ever want to get their hands on however.

Yeah it does seem like the random gen loot is better. Part of it could be that we just came off a +2 loot bonus weekend though.

Community Member

The video below is something I read today and is quite interesting.

With the advent of Quest DC's being lowered on Normal Difficulty and the possibility of a balance threat in the Treasure Tables, this Guild may have to take some definitive steps to keep it viable.

These steps may cause some of you to question why you're here, but hey, if you have to question it, maybe you weren't sure in the first place.

[/QUOTE]

Default Grondley stats...

Base + lvl/enh + item = total
    Str: 10 + 0 + 4 = 14
    Dex: 13
    Con: 13
    Int: 17 + 2/3 + 3 = 25
    Wis: 10
    Cha: 9

Spot 0
    Search 9
    Hide 1
    Move S 1
    Bluff -1
    Concentration 14
    Spellcraft 19

HP 111
    SP 522 Energy of Scholar 90 bow 50 662

Originally posted by Aeryyn "I don't play this game for xp/min, I play for fun/hour. "

Community Member

Disclaimer: The following is opinion, intended for a select group of people and for Normal Difficulty only.

From examining the Quest DC's and Skill progression, it becomes evident that in low levels, normal skill progression outpaces Quest DC's.
    This was also the case pre-expansion, but now the DC progression starts at a lower value.

Normal progression for a character who has Spot and/or Search as a Class Skill can use of Skill Focus and Alertness and Improved Skills to keep themselves viable for Detection once they are past Levels 8-10.

Depending on the Class/Race, the new enhancement system has the potential to WAY offset Spot/Search and Disable abilities.
    This offset WILL be needed in upper levels on Normal Difficulty, but can render Trapping a "non-issue" at lower levels.

One suggestion I'll make to the Fellowship is that Disable can not exceed the Higher of Spot or Search by more than 4.
    What this will do is elliminate Items with vast Skill Bonuses and keep kind of a "Cap" on Disable to ~70%.
    A Rogue should never have a high chance to Disable "at Level". That's just good role-playing.

A second suggestion that we are considering is placing a minimum Level on the Tiers of the enhancement system.
    The system has Tiers for a reason. We can use that.
    So far we are considering a minimum Level of 8 for 1st Tiers enhancements.

The video below is something I read today and is quite interesting.

With the advent of Quest DC's being lowered on Normal Difficulty and the possibility of a balance threat in the Treasure Tables, this Guild may have to take some definitive steps to keep it viable.

These steps may cause some of you to question why you're here, but hey, if you have to question it, maybe you weren't sure in the first place.
    Regarding traps. Here is confirmation that they did lower the trap DCs from the U19 release notes:

...the difficulty curve of trap search, spot, and disable device DCs has been adjusted to reflect the full level range of the game up to the level cap. Lower level DCs are no longer so harsh, and higher level DCs are no longer so easy. The difference in DC between quest difficulties (normal, hard, elite, epic) have likewise been adjusted.

I would think the trap DCs being lowered would be good for everyone because you aren't restricted to normal difficulty now since part of the reason you switched back to normal was that you thought trap DCs were inordinately high on elite.

The loot inflation seems to mainly impacting the following:

1- weapons with a value greater than +6 potential are now considered 'paragon' weapons and have a damage modifier of 1.5 instead of 1. So a longsword with a potential of +5 or less will do 1d8 damage, but a paragon longsword will do 1.5(1d8) damage.

2- there are a LOT more augment slots showing up on random generated loot.

3- named end rewards for the new quests can have +8 stats or archmagi at ML 15 and the new named loot (as always) is better than the old named loot.

#3 won't affect THACO for another year, and useful augments seem to drop so rarely that I would be surprised if #2 has any significant impact.

That leaves the paragon weapons. I have no issues using them, they are already level restricted, as only characters level 11 and above can use them, and 'banning' them would mean never being able to use a weapon with a potential greater than +5, which seems unrealistic for a game where players can reach level 28 now.
    Last edited by Postumus; 08-28-2013 at 07:07 PM.

One suggestion I'll make to the Fellowship is that Disable can not exceed the Higher of Spot or Search by more than 4.
    What this will do is elliminate Items with vast Skill Bonuses and keep kind of a "Cap" on Disable to ~70%.
    A Rogue should never have a high chance to Disable "at Level". That's just good role-playing.

A second suggestion that we are considering is placing a minimum Level on the Tiers of the enhancement system.
    The system has Tiers for a reason. We can use that.
    So far we are considering a minimum Level of 8 for 1st Tiers enhancements.
    This is my opinion only, with the understanding that STORM has her own set of standards similar to, but not exactly the same as, the Mon/Wed groups:

I disagree with the first statement regarding "good role-playing". What you are really doing is saying that it would be the way YOU role play. If someone wants to sacrifice in some other area, say hide/move silent, sneak attack, whatever, and spend their points in search/disable, they are role playing a master trapper. They are reknown for their ability to break into any building, room, vault, or castle - but are not assassins. They are role playing a burglar.

Also dislike your second idea. It really seems to me you should just require a character to choose a default path to follow and let the game make his choices. Essentially that seems to be the path you are going down. (You must not take more than x of this, and you should take y of that).

Again, these are just my thoughts, just for conversation/discussion.

Default The Video

I saw the other thread discussing the video, but the link didn't work there. I was able to view it this time.

I don't think much of the video can apply to DDO. The prime examples used in the video were a card game and WOW.

WOW is different because thy do not have a TR (or even LR/GR) option, so anyone that plays the game will never repeat content that they outgrow. There is no need to keep all lower level items relevant when you discard them permanently after a couple of weeks, upgrade, discard and upgrade, etc., until you reach cap. Then the only way to keep capped players playing is to offer better loot. This does not apply to DDO (at least not as much). So the comparison is a bad one. As DDO devs introduce better stuff, the old stuff is still GOOD (if not great) and often it is still more than good enough to use (and bank) as your toon(s) level up to cap again and again.
    Last edited by Fedora1; 08-29-2013 at 06:31 AM.

Page 74 of 133 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast