Page 72 of 133 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 2655

For some reason, I had lost LeadHero5 and had to start with LeadHeros, now that's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by intruder1 View Post
    it occures to me that at some point, everyone may be within 1 or 2 levels of each other in the future. With the idea that we may all possibly participate in a Raid....
    I think that is a great idea!! ?*I mentioned this to my 'normal' guild and there is interest in joining if you want to fill out any remaining spots. ?*They would de-equip to get to a comparable strength.

I would be willing, notice I didn't say happy, to run with rolled starting stats. I have no idea how much it will affect spellcasting but I will have a few less spell points and less spellpen.

Originally posted by Aeryyn "I don't play this game for xp/min, I play for fun/hour. "

2015 DDO Players Council Hazelnut's Avatar

Does anyone plan or wish to respec their character with the Expansion LR heart?

Grondley and Kierik have expressed an interest.

If so, please discuss it with me before doing so.
    Other than re-doing enhancements (which is pretty much mandatory), I was toying with switching from Ranger to Rogue. I still want to try to make a halfling-thrower. Although, since I'm not allowed to purchase explosives to make molotov cocktails, it might not happen all that quickly.
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

Quote Originally Posted by LeadHero5 View Post
    For some reason, I had lost LeadHero5 and had to start with LeadHeros, now that's gone.

I think that is a great idea!! ?*I mentioned this to my 'normal' guild and there is interest in joining if you want to fill out any remaining spots. ?*They would de-equip to get to a comparable strength.

I would be willing, notice I didn't say happy, to run with rolled starting stats. I have no idea how much it will affect spellcasting but I will have a few less spell points and less spellpen.
    Lets do it! I think Chrono would be a blast. Depending on the night and time I might be able to get one or two of my Sarlona guildies two roll up a level 7 and help flesh ot our roster. But honestly I think we could short man it on normal with 7-8 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    Actually, whether or not one uses the +20 heart, everyone will essentially be re-speccing due to the enhancement changes.

But I assume you mean if someone wants to change classes with the +20 heart. I won't know about Jedial until I see how I can set him up with the new system Might take a couple weeks to decide.
    A lesser heart will not allow you to change classes. You can re-choose level ups and skill points and feats, but not classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    A lesser heart will not allow you to change classes. You can re-choose level ups and skill points and feats, but not classes.
    They are giving a +20 heart. From the wiki:

Characters that undergo Lesser Reincarnation retain their race, gender, alignment and their Class Selections. They are permitted to re-spend their ability points, change their feats, reallocate skill points, redo their spell selection, etc., or are free to select a path. Unlike True Reincarnation, characters will retain all favor and experience, and reincarnate with the same number of build points of the current incarnation. If they have the Lesser Heart +1, +3 or +5, they can change one, three, or five of their Class Selections.

They are giving a +20 heart.
    That's right.

Are we going to allow people to change classes in STORM? I don't have any problems with it.

That's right.

Are we going to allow people to change classes in STORM? I don't have any problems with it.
    I think it's fine if anyone wants to. Not knowing how the new enhancements will affect us, I think it would be presumptuous to say "no" at this point.

Community Member

I think it's fine if anyone wants to. Not knowing how the new enhancements will affect us, I think it would be presumptuous to say "no" at this point.
    Any changes with the coming of the expansion should not be done in haste.
    The choice is two-fold.

On one side, the Lesser Res is meant to allow players (mostly Ubers) to realign their characters because of possible conflicts with the new expansion.
    OUR characters may not even need the Res, and even then, it should be the LAST action because there may be prerequisites that must be done before using it.

The first thing that should be done is reassign the enhancements that will be reset come monday and see if they can work.
    If changes throw off the plan, you may need to realign feats and/or skills, thus the Lesser Res.
    Changing Classes because of the new enhancements is mainly for Ubers.

Other than Kierik and Grondley, Stats are not to be changed.

Then there's the other side of the coin, making Class changes because you WANT to.

If your character is not shaping up the way you wanted, this is the one chance to do it for free.
    You should be very sure this is what you want because future changes will cost real money.

Something I read is make sure your alignment matches before trying to change classes. Once started, a res will not even give you the option of choosing, say, Paladin unless you are Lawful Good beforehand.

Bottom line, no one in the Guild should jump right into using the Heart until they have discussed it and planned.
    Kierik and Grondley will be receiving a new set of Stats to bring them in line with the rest of us.

STORM should decide if they will adopt the 10% rule and then we can discuss how to bring them in line.
    (It is my belief that the 10% rule will ultimately prove to be the best long term solution)

Chronoscope is on the near horizon, as soon as I can validate those who will participate.
    If that works, others would be possible and will be a lot of fun!

Over the past week there have been many ideas and suggestions. I would like to comment on those as soon as I can get more time.

Community Member

*I mentioned this to my 'normal' guild and there is interest in joining if you want to fill out any remaining spots. ?*They would de-equip to get to a comparable strength.
    Their characters would have to meet THAC0 guidelines (not just de-equip), but it can be possible.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post
    Give me a few more adventures and I'll be there, maybe.

I'm willing to buy adventure packs with the understanding that I'm limited to about $10 a month. I did consider going VIP but I'm not convinced it's worthwhile.
    As long as someone in a party is VIP, no one has to purchase adventure packs unless they really want to.
    I personally do not use the 500 TP per month. I use them to get passes for those who need them.
    And since we do not adventure alone unless in Wilderness, this should be sufficient.

I actually want FtP characters since the likelihood of them "knowing" the quests is lower.

Default New Stats...

I just 'rolled' my stats with Tuk and they look like this. Str 10; Dex 13; Con 13; Int 17; Wis 10; Cha 9. I'm glad to be able to increase my Dex at the expense of only 1 int. I am still planing the enhancement changes; I'll keep the necro-summoner focus.

Originally posted by Aeryyn "I don't play this game for xp/min, I play for fun/hour. "

On one side, the Lesser Res is meant to allow players (mostly Ubers) to realign their characters because of possible conflicts with the new expansion.
    The heart is also because some ENHANCEMENTS have been changed to FEATS and vice-versa. Also, some FEATS are no longer pre-reqs for certain ENHANCEMENTS. Some characters (not necessarily "uber") have equipment that compliments certain choices in enhancements and feats they have made. An intelligent build does not equal "uber". Some classes now have PrE's that were not available under the old system. Some PrE's (notably Paladin) are now very different.

There are a lot of changes and saying that the heart is mostly for "ubers" is not correct.

[CAPS are for emphasis, not shouting]

Changing Classes because of the new enhancements is mainly for Ubers.
    Or how about those of us who's class may no longer resemble what it used to be? Paladin has been borked from what I can see. Posthumus may disagree with me, but I sure have not liked what I have seen.

Not really. (See Fedora's post)

OUR characters may not even need the Res, and even then, it should be the LAST action because there may be prerequisites that must be done before using it.
    Anyone with a paladin, sorcerer, wizard, ranger, bard, or cleric, will probably need to avail himself/herself of the lesser reincarnation depending on what feats and enhancements he/she has chosen.

Even some feats have changed a bit. Toughness for one example.
    Last edited by Postumus; 08-18-2013 at 06:37 PM.

Or how about those of us who's class may no longer resemble what it used to be? Paladin has been borked from what I can see. Posthumus may disagree with me, but I sure have not liked what I have seen.
    Did you try building one on Lam? Depending on your playstyle (Jed's not a CHA pally is he? And he uses HotD not DoS, and he's not twf) I don't think it will matter much. Combining the HotD and KotC trees might actually work out better for you.

Guess we'll see what happens. I've got two paladins I'll need to re-design.

Did you try building one on Lam? Depending on your playstyle (Jed's not a CHA pally is he? And he uses HotD not DoS, and he's not twf) I don't think it will matter much. Combining the HotD and KotC trees might actually work out better for you.

Guess we'll see what happens. I've got two paladins I'll need to re-design.
    *sings to a familiar tune*

It's my pally and I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want to. You would cry too if it happened to you! *grin*

Community Member

I just 'rolled' my stats with Tuk and they look like this. Str 10; Dex 13; Con 13; Int 17; Wis 10; Cha 9. I'm glad to be able to increase my Dex at the expense of only 1 int. I am still planing the enhancement changes; I'll keep the necro-summoner focus.
    Jack is now gonna generate +500% Hate with the Update!
    He just became YOUR best friend!
    Last edited by intruder1; 08-19-2013 at 08:37 AM.

Community Member

*sings to a familiar tune*

It's my pally and I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want to. You would cry too if it happened to you! *grin*
    LOL!!

Guys, I don't mean to make it look like I critisize your "other" playstyle.
    To "me", there is Classic D&D and there is "everyone else".
    It is not personal, I just have no use for any other playstyle.
    If I make a statement like I do, please just disregard and drive on?

On another note, I LOVE the enhancement/Update!
    It adds SO MUCH role-playing ability.

For those playstyles that we (I) are not (), it will prob suck.

Guys, I don't mean to make it look like I critisize your "other" playstyle.
    To "me", there is Classic D&D and there is "everyone else".
    It is not personal, I just have no use for any other playstyle.
    If I make a statement like I do, please just disregard and drive on?
    I would never disregard your comments. I might dispute them a little, but not disregard.

There is nothing personal in any of my replies either. I'll try and tone down the impression I might give when replying.

On another note, I LOVE the enhancement/Update!
    It adds SO MUCH role-playing ability.

For those playstyles that we (I) are not (), it will prob suck.
    A lot of the changes look great.

I am not looking forward to a new learning curve on character builds, I have over 30 characters across 4 servers. That's a lot of work even to just redo the enhancements.

2015 DDO Players Council Hazelnut's Avatar

Even some feats have changed a bit. Toughness for one example.
    What changed about the Toughness feat?
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post
    What changed about the Toughness feat?
    For one thing, it is no longer a prerequiset for any toughness enhancements. So it used to be that taking the toughness feat "unlocked" 20, 30, 40, or more hit points from enhancements, even though the feat itself only granted a max of 27HP at level 25. In many cases that makes the Toughness feat no longer valuable to some builds.

Page 72 of 133 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast