Page 27 of 138 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default The world is gonna end in 15min.

'The world is gonna end in 15min'. CHARGE! We would have done it if only we had more time :-) . Damn archers don;t move until you get near 'em. I thought it was fun, the world or me to end 1st :-P.
    Some monsters are like the D&D 'need +1 or better weapons to hit' only more complicated. DR, good, cold iron, silver, adamantine, piecing, blugeoning. to name a few. There ain't many xbows that get round skeletons(half damage piercing) dr i can tell ya. I know of only 2 with blunt bolt heads.

Cogs soz i never joined you today, ive been avidily collecting commendations for new expansion magic items.. Ready for my new guild run night, I wouldn't last long (like i used to) without them. I only died twice and one of them was when i fell into a dark crevase in the underdark(if that was D&D i'd have been rolling up another character} and yes they all laughed as much as we do. Me screaming them laughing just the same.
    Just awestruck, wether it be a Dragon flying overhead Stormreach, that glowing character who just zoomed in'n'out of the Pub, or that i can drink a Beholder under the table and best of all rescuing Damsels in distress.

Community Member

Tukcc pulled tight the straps of his leather backpack, tucking in anything that was loose.
    He had been in meditation most of the day and something was knawing at him as he remembered the events of the other night.

He spoke to a fletcher about differing arrowheads and was told it COULD be possible, but the effect on the flight of the shaft may render it useless.

Then it occured to him..."Wrong weapon! What a fool I've been!"

Off he ran to the Hammer and Chain.

"Why was his Mace so much more effective than his Scimitar?"
    "Because it BROKE the bones, instead of slicing!"
    "Why did his arrows fail?....Because they weren't meant for BREAKING!"

Looking around at the display of weapons, a smile crept to his lips as he spotted what he needed......
    "I'll take as many of these as you have on hand!"
    The merchant smiled excitedly and replied "At once!....We DO carry quite a number......Paper or Plastic?"
    Tukcc stuffed as many as he could into his pack and instructed that the remainder be sent to his dwelling.

"NOW....." He muttered to himself. "We shall see....."

Community Member

Default Is DDO playable?

Consider the following comments from the Update 14 Combat System……..
    How do YOU feel about playability?

Comment #1
    “…….. ran ‘Where There's Smoke…’ on ELITE last night with a guildie, I have a 30 AC at level 5 and was getting critted on just about every hit, misses were rare. I did have light fortification only but it was stupid, 110 hp and was having to flee for my life after two hits. We decided to recall out and craft some moderate fort items before trying it again……”

Obviously a Fighter of some type. Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t Criticals only achieved on a “20”? So he’s stating every other attack roll was a 20?

Comment #2
    “Makes sense that an agile monk Is hard to hit, but gets hammered when you DO connect.
    Likewise, a slow moving; armored person is pretty easy to hit, but the armor absorbs some of the impact.”

This type of concept appeals to me in a game. How about you?

Community Member

DDO freebie of the week greater XP elixir(worth250tp) from 14-20 sept coupon code is GEE423. Its something worthwhile everyweek, my! i even got a box of chocolates awhile back. If you haven't used this before. Goto store, find item, click buy then a pop'up comes up where you enter coupon code, Click apply coupon and you will see price of item change at top, do check this before you click ok, if you are unsure.
    Here is web address , not sure if this address stays the same everyweek. Cogs said when he bookmarked it, there was a date at the end which didn't show up in browser addrees bar. Hopefully you can get around that.
    http://www.ddo.com/ddostoresale#sample

I think playabilty is fine. Elite is Elite for a reason and it should be extremely difficult to complete those quests. Even more so as it cleary states this difficulty level is for an experienced well balanced group. I really don't understand DDO players obsession with elite. I have many quests done on normal/hard(normal or even casual if i farm for things i want). Even now i just find it impossible to Solo wiv hire some quests, that i don't even get xp for. There are many quests i've not done or done so quickly in a group or long ago that i have no idea what they contained.

It does say update 14, things have chilled out a little since then, thank goodness :-)
    Don't forget monsters have special attacks/enhancements/items/spells just like characters.
    Playabilty in our group is extremely difficult. Our armour absorbs about as much damage as a tin can. Absorbing damage is not ac or armour type its the dr it has stated much like spear bane. We seem to be getting along okay,(last week's 15min of fame was just a laugh), manage to complete quests, have much frivolity, get frightened to death. As you know i do think our magic item restriction is too much but until we start dying the moment we enter a quest i'm happy with it. Alivef has got many items but still gets STOMPED when she runs into enemy ambushes :-/
    Finally i've 'let go' with Azzlorn, he's my few hours a week imagination time.

A late added P.S. I joined Cappy today for an hour or so. It was good fun he ain't changed :-). His kinda opening line was "Do i have to plug my headset in because it gets in the way of the Beer" CLASSIC halfling
    Last edited by SlowDM; 09-16-2012 at 09:14 PM.
    Just awestruck, wether it be a Dragon flying overhead Stormreach, that glowing character who just zoomed in'n'out of the Pub, or that i can drink a Beholder under the table and best of all rescuing Damsels in distress.

DDO is playable, in about any self-imposed format the player chooses to play it.

THACO Fellowship is walking proof of that (so far!).

re: Comment #1 - I can recall recent incidents, where Cogoiler rolled 1 - 4 (needing a 6+) ALL evening long! Remember the broken 1d20 dice he was going to slip into Tukcc's computer? Random generation means just that... if it is possible, it CAN happen. Is it very rare? It darned well better be! Just as Cogs was blowing traps with three successive Reflex Save dice rolls of "1", that poor fighter was getting pounded by the repeated "20" curse. (I am assuming this problem is not another bug in game!)

re: Comment #2 - This concept is appealing (to RP mindset) because it reflects normal expectations of action/reaction/outcome in a "real world", and not outcomes connected to "Superman Status". Yes, we have powerful in-game capabilities that are magical/Divine in application, but that is balanced by the fact that our opponents have much of the same to use against us. That fact leaves us turning to tactics, strategy, and teamwork, to overcome the "Evil" we encounter. D&D in DDO, and it is FUN!

Tukcc's D&D concept has ruined my Normal/Hard solo play for all my other characters, who now seem satisfied only when playing two levels down on Elite! Just ask SlowDM how we play our Alts... er... other Characters together. We do die a lot, failure is a constant companion... but we do have a riot of fun in the attempts.

========

SlowDM: Thanks for the link and coupon. I'm going broke paying full price for DDO Store purchases. All my birthday money is about gone. Lobbying wife for a fresh infusion now, but success still lurks over the horizon. That horrible squeal you often hear in background of our chat is the agonized sound the pennies she is pinching upstairs.

Okay, enough chatter here... I'm off to the store to purchase a fresh roll of Duct Tape for chair seat repair!

Community Member

Default AC dr prr that d20 an explination

I've just listened to a nearly 1 hour explination of how ac(to hit) works since the update which encompasses dodge, dr, armour types,feats and terms i'd never heard of. An attack roll is far from a simple d20 roll. It's no wonder we've been having so many problems since then.
    This regular podcast is worth a look at on a regular basis but an awful lot has very little of interest to us.
    http://www.ddocast.com/
    episode 258 mins listen to mins 5-60

Right now where are the Fellows adventuring tonight..............

Default Confuzzled...

Don't feel bad Azz, A very dear and precious friend pointed out that I seemed confused (polite means of saying "Yer Wrong, ye dunderhead!") about how d20 worked on to-hit and spot/search/disable. In truth, I probably *looks about with guilty expression* did post something bass-ackwards. I told her that my problem was in knowing so much that simply was not true!

I can't remember a phone number long enough to write it down, so it is no surprise I get lost in these D&D/DDO number mazes. I will gladly let others deal with them, and ask advice when faced with a situation that seems to require an extended number cruncher knowledge base.

Tukcc... do yer homework! *wicked grin*

Community Member

Default Great game

Great game last nightexcept 1 bit :-(. I'll write a story maybe today but more likely over the weekend. I've got into my guild run on thursday nights so some treasure seeking is the order of the day. Also the fricko/slowdm duo are having some fantastic sucess's inbetween their dismal failure's.
    Right cup of strong coffee and croissant, #glances at the time#, its 12am minus 5or6 hmmm fricko is still wrapped up warm with 'er indoors. Better get on with the story then.

Community Member

Default Last nights adventure story

After last weeks demise Azzlorn found himself in the Salty Wench, oh there's nothing better than Pirate's to help drown your sorrows. Better get a move on if i'm to get to Stormreach in time to meet the Fellows. Dashing down to the dock just as the boarding plank was being hoisted, i arrived at the Rusty Nail just in time for Grondley to 'get the round in'.
    Tukcc seems to like this Inn down a dark alley i'm not so keen. Over an ale he tells us of tonights adventure, oh i like the sound of this. Helping a Lady in distress against the minions of undeath.
    Entering the tunnel complex(I breathed a sigh of relief it wasn't a sewer) it wasn't long before we spotted a skeleton patrol. Moving back to the last corner Tukcc and Cogs managed to get some of them to investigate where that growing pile of hammers was coming from. It wasn't much trouble defeating them, that gave our confidence a boost.
    We came to a crossroads with 2 gates barring our way, glancing left and right saw 2 dead ends with sigils on the walls. Cogs sensed danger which revealed spike traps but no way to disarm them. A sigil above a valve sat on the 3 walls. "I'll go first" said cogs, "its safe", "its got to be the valves". I took a deap death ran and jumped onto the steps. Kierik you get the other one. With a look as if to say 'whats this pick on spell slingers night' he too stood ready next to the valve. What followed next was hilarious, too me, too you, too me, too you, you now Kierik, you now Cogs, you now Azzlorn, too me, too you, and finally the trap locked shut in unison with the grind of a gate opening.
    Now for the next set of valves, which ended in a surprised cheer as you Azzlorn, you Kierik sorted that out.
    Stop pull back went up the cry as a skeleton patrol accompanied by an undead arcane was spotted. We managed to pick off 2, but the undead caster was too clever for that. His minions surged forward amongst the lightning and acid bolts he cast with surprising quickness. "Out of line of sight" everyone bellowed. I crouched behind a support post. It happened so fast, i thought everyone was safe, Grondley Down, a thought flashed into my head for a split second, maybe it wasnt such a good idea hiding behind the the tunnel support post, I could hear the crack of lightning bolts, then the sickly green glow of the undead wizard. A smile quickly grew on my face as Kierik blasted the thing and the foul creature crumpled to a pile of ashes. The smile suddenly changed as another green glow shone not 10 feet from me. Its got to have sensed me , so with a glance upwards Holy symbol in hand and with belief in my heart "BEGON" it too ended its existance in a pile of ashes. Didn't have time to celibrate as we all gathered around our fallen comrade. Everyone's expressions changed as we turned and pressed on futher into the tunnels.
    More patrols were turned into piles of ashes and bones. It was difficult with some close calls but we made good progress. The Lady's Son appeared unexpectedly, too late for us to save him from undeath. With unblinking thought we put him to rest. Finally the last 2 undead arcanes stood on ledges many feet and a leap away from sword reach.
    Me and Kierik looked at eachother and we knew what had to be done. We were both lacking in spell power. "I can't get them with my turns". "My maximised spell can get them but i've got 1 or 2 shots left". A little spell power restorded, protected from at least 1 lightning bolt. Kierik jumped out into view of both crackling with energy Arcanes.
    Thats Kierik down aswell as the acid stripped away my healing attempts. #wipes brow# Kierik was okay. We were having success but Grondley weighed heavily on my mind. Their healing hampering Kierik, not sure how many attempts he made at downing the Arcanes. Untill one acidic green glowing ball evapourated, soon followed by destuction of the other.
    It wasn't long before Azzlorn lay in bed mulling over his latest adventure. His fellows need what protection spells he has but with limited spell power they seemed reluctant. Time again was against us as these spells only last but a short while. Smiling as he drifted off to sleep he remembered Grondley's words 'it's not your fault'

Community Member

Default Last nights adventure story

After last weeks demise Azzlorn found himself in the Salty Wench, oh there's nothing better than Pirate's to help drown your sorrows. Better get a move on if i'm to get to Stormreach in time to meet the Fellows. Dashing down to the dock just as the boarding plank was being hoisted, i arrived at the Rusty Nail just in time for Grondley to 'get the round in'.
    Tukcc seems to like this Inn down a dark alley i'm not so keen. Over an ale he tells us of tonights adventure, oh i like the sound of this. Helping a Lady in distress against the minions of undeath.
    Entering the tunnel complex(I breathed a sigh of relief it wasn't a sewer) it wasn't long before we spotted a skeleton patrol. Moving back to the last corner Tukcc and Cogs managed to get some of them to investigate where that growing pile of hammers was coming from. It wasn't much trouble defeating them, that gave our confidence a boost.
    We came to a crossroads with 2 gates barring our way, glancing left and right saw 2 dead ends with sigils on the walls. Cogs sensed danger which revealed spike traps but no way to disarm them. A sigil above a valve sat on the 3 walls. "I'll go first" said cogs, "its safe", "its got to be the valves". I took a deap death ran and jumped onto the steps. Kierik you get the other one. With a look as if to say 'whats this pick on spell slingers night' he too stood ready next to the valve. What followed next was hilarious, too me, too you, too me, too you, you now Kierik, you now Cogs, you now Azzlorn, too me, too you, and finally the trap locked shut in unison with the grind of a gate opening.
    Now for the next set of valves, which ended in a surprised cheer as you Azzlorn, you Kierik sorted that out.
    Stop pull back went up the cry as a skeleton patrol accompanied by an undead arcane was spotted. We managed to pick off 2, but the undead caster was too clever for that. His minions surged forward amongst the lightning and acid bolts he cast with surprising quickness. "Out of line of sight" everyone bellowed. I crouched behind a support post. It happened so fast, i thought everyone was safe, Grondley Down, a thought flashed into my head for a split second, maybe it wasnt such a good idea hiding behind the the tunnel support post, I could hear the crack of lightning bolts, then the sickly green glow of the undead wizard. A smile quickly grew on my face as Kierik blasted the thing and the foul creature crumpled to a pile of ashes. The smile suddenly changed as another green glow shone not 10 feet from me. Its got to have sensed me , so with a glance upwards Holy symbol in hand and with belief in my heart "BEGON" it too ended its existance in a pile of ashes. Didn't have time to celibrate as we all gathered around our fallen comrade. Everyone's expressions changed as we turned and pressed on futher into the tunnels.
    More patrols were turned into piles of ashes and bones. It was difficult with some close calls but we made good progress. The Lady's Son appeared unexpectedly, too late for us to save him from undeath. With unblinking thought we put him to rest. Finally the last 2 undead arcanes stood on ledges many feet and a leap away from sword reach.
    Me and Kierik looked at eachother and we knew what had to be done. We were both lacking in spell power. "I can't get them with my turns". "My maximised spell can get them but i've got 1 or 2 shots left". A little spell power restorded, protected from at least 1 lightning bolt. Kierik jumped out into view of both crackling with energy Arcanes.
    Thats Kierik down aswell as the acid stripped away my healing attempts. #wipes brow# Kierik was okay. We were having success but Grondley weighed heavily on my mind. Their healing hampering Kierik, not sure how many attempts he made at downing the Arcanes. Untill one acidic green glowing ball evapourated, soon followed by destuction of the other.
    It wasn't long before Azzlorn lay in bed mulling over his latest adventure. His fellows need what protection spells he has but with limited spell power they seemed reluctant. Time again was against us as these spells only last but a short while. Smiling as he drifted off to sleep he remembered Grondley's words 'it's not your fault'

Community Member

Default Sorry 2 same posts

Sorry but for some strange reason the forums think i've become French the last week or so. I can speak a few words but picked the incorrect mutlple choice answer :-).
    Please feel free to delete.
    Envoyer la reponse (has ' above 1st e) is the correct answer.

Community Member

Default Goddess and off topic

Alivef has taken another step closer to being a Goddess, well actually an Angel. After gaining her 3rd epic level. Its amazing i gained an obscene amount of xp tonight only dying once(and saving others from a similar fate) and that was in an explorer area when demonweb spiders surrounded me. Fricko and 1 of my characters have got to the heavy heights of lev 18/19. We've been having a great time in the Orchard of the Macbre with crossbows,Tukcc you would have been proud :-). Yes fricko's character is now lev 18, mine lev 19 and can now use the Lucid Dreams rune arm i quested for.
    A few days ago i thought i'd give fricko a surprise so he joined me on a caravan ride into a mire. The difficulty level was much below ours a lev 13 quest on normal with 2 lev 17/18 characters+hire's. It's just for a laugh i told him, repeating crossbows can be such fun. Near the end of the quest we saw a lady he'd met before that needed help. You talk to her i said. Only then did i hear 'god dam u crazy brit'. What ensued next was a battle far superior to my earlier video. Yes i'd tricked him into a fight to the death with a Dragon(not th 1 in video). Blade barriers, spells, crossbow bolts firing like machine guns and the young dragon was defeated. Quick grab the treasure. I heard agian 'God dam u crazy brit' when Mommy landed on a ledge above us. But Glee and glory was the order of the day and instead of running off we had a pulse racing, adrenaline rushed, death defying climatic victory. Seriously we were both shaking for 30 mins afterwards. I had never defeated Mommy before. Fricko is now a dragon slayer.
    My experience is that this game becomes increasingly more difficult questing on your own or small parties. The grouping tab often has the easier or high xp quests which do need a full party to complete. Don't be afraid of putting up your own LFM's. I put 1 up y/day for an epic normal quest solely to collect those commendations. Instead the party got big enough to do it on hard, hey presto instead of 15,000xp got 45,000xp in about 30min. I would say the main thing with grouping is try not to die. If the lead characters are blasting everything let them.
    I tell you what though it's all as much fun as Fellowship wednesdays :-)
    On that thought there is a list of free to play quests(some of them are challenges) below as not all the fellowship is VIP. There should be enough quests here to keep us going. I know if i had to pay for quest packs i wouldn't want to pay for some of them and catacombs is 1 of them. Also if i bought a pack i would expect to do all the quests it contained. From a roleplaying point of view i like quest chains.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Category:Free_to_Play_quests
    Last edited by SlowDM; 09-22-2012 at 06:14 AM.

Community Member

Thanks for the update. There ARE plenty of quests to work with. We won't have trouble.
    We'll center around the Tanglewood set, and use whatever "single" quests seem appropriate.

My mind has been centered on "Turning Undead" ever since last week.
    2nd Edition indicates that even a 1st Level Cleric can "Turn" basic Skeletons 50% of the time.
    We have to translate this to DDO.
    I am thinking that Elite Difficulty also pumps up the "Turn" resistance, like Trap DC's.

What is our other Cleric's oppinion on his ability to Turn Undead?

Community Member

Default Other cleric turn undead do you mean me

http://ddowiki.com/page/Turn_Undead
    I would say rules very similar to D&D.
    Its more based on hit dice so elite undead will have lots more of them :-). I should calculate what my hd/turn actually is but that will just take away the 'fingers crossed here goes scared to death moments :-)'. My chr is 14 and sometime in the distant future can increase this with ap when azzlorn has some spare(the next 4 are taken).
    Azzlorn is very confident with his turning ability. I sometimes used the seek eternal rest spell which adds a bonus. Also being radiant servant destroys the undead instead of just frightning them. You saw last week what Azzlorn is capable of. Small groups of low level undead will be destroyed or have their hit points reduced. With his divine light power Azzlorn can damage undead at the same time as healing his Fellows. I am struggling using divine light enhancement because i must target myself before activating it, which i keep forgetting to do :-/. I'm trying to set up a macro on my snazzy mouse which will cure that, when i figure it out that is :-/. I can destroy quite powerful undead if 'on their own'. Remember tho' when Azzlorn is focused on attack, he is Not focused on helping/healing his fellows. His fellows should have enough confidence to 'take on' 1 or 2 lowish monsters on their own, if not Stay out of Line of Sight. Also with spells having a duration sometimes these are being wasted by dithering or over zealous use, guilty on both counts :-). Also i noticed last week that when undead were focused on someone else i could literally run and stand next to them. Its something i've noticed playing a cleric, if i don't attack often the monsters just ignore me.
    I hope this means we will do Delera quest chain in the future, this is something we should do as allways 1 choice of the quest end reward is 'Voice of the master'.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Voice_of_the_Master
    A trinket that gives +5% to earned xp with a little added luck which we all need :-)
    Remember aswell when Azzlorn does'nt have to turn undead i can top up sp instead. These abilities regenerate but 'actual use in game' is not as quick as i originally thought.
    Last edited by SlowDM; 09-23-2012 at 05:48 AM.

Default Quest Compendium

I've been following this thread for some time with interest.

I was wondering if you if you would mind posting up your group's compendium showing which quests have been done at what setting. From my understanding you are all either at or closing in on six, which would lead me to think that you'd be attempting Level Four content on Elite.

From your posts it's not easy to see if you went into a quest (module) and came out completing the quest or recalled out due to casualties or lack of resources to finish. A posting would be helpful to give outside readers a clearer look in.

I promise I won't criticize
    Play as a TEAM: Together Everyone Accomplishes More

Community Member

Thanks.....by all means keep the 'numbers' out of it unless neccessary.

You have a good grasp on your characters direction.
    If I might......in all your commentary, you say "but later Azzlorn will....", or "and in a few more levels...."
    You seem to always be looking at what's coming up,... "never on where you are". (Ooops, wrong story)

I haven't done the Delera Quest yet, but I don't think my main interest will be in the end reward.
    (Jus saying)

In a nutshell, turning is about randomness and Undead Hit Dice.
    I'm starting to think Monster Hit Dice and CR may not always be the same thing.

As a side note, I suggest it become a requirement for the soulstone of a character be recovered in order to represent the body being taken care off. In this manner, players may remain "partied". If a character dies in such a way that the "body" can not be recovered, THEN the player must recall and not get credit for the Quest.

Community Member

Default Numbers

Don't get me wrong i have no plan whatsoever for Azzlorn except his radiant servant and riase dead enhancement.
    I just mention that he can get 'things' in the future which depends on what the future holds :-). And yes more chr is only a maybe in the Distant future #smiles#
    Direction is the wrong word, more a grasp on the dreaded game mechanics vs what i want my character to be able to do. If i'm a spellcaster i expect my spells to work, much the same as a fighter with special moves or rogue and his dreaded traps. Then the randomness/neverseenbeforeness/forgotness/don'tunderstandness and that turbine under the hood completely puts the ky bosh on things :-). My goodness it took nearly 1 hr of explination in that DDOpodcast and if i listened to it it 10 times i still would'nt 'get it' :-/ . The game is so HUGE, imagine a wilderness area that makes Korthos island look like a bit of scenery.
    Hit dice and CR are different the cr is more the creature-capabilty rating. eg that orc may have more hit dice than that witchdoctor but who you more scared of!!!!!
    Being an old DM it makes me look at things differently, i'm certainly not an uber/elite player more like one that read the rulebook. I've hardly ever (perhaps 10 times) been a Player Character in PnP, allways been DM. So i'm making up for all those lost years having fantasic enjoyment questing and especially treasure hunting in Dungeons and Dragons. Even better i've found some people(fellowship and others) that i have a laugh with.

Now the rant is over that post about an adventure completed compendium is brilliant. The quests we've completed as a group, now what were they..................................

Default "You have to live for Something,...."

=

09-23-2012

"You have to live for something,...."

The party consisted of their Leader, Tuk, a Fighting Cleric; Azzlorn, the Cleric and Healer; Grondley, the Wizard; and Kierik, their Sorcerer. Cogs served as "Tinker and Fixer", the problem solving Stealth Scout, Trapsmith, Picklock, and voice of eternal caution. He found he resented being called a "Rogue", as he was never a Thief in the traditional sense. The Head had explained that he was blessed with skills and abilities learned "on the job", such that he could have become a Second Story Burglar, an Assassin, a Pickpocket, or other niche sort of ne’er-do-well on the wrong side of the line dividing Good and Evil. He was given questionable abilities by evil captors, he had chosen to use them against those forces of evil. The Head would be pleased.

They all gathered in the Goldwing Tavern, then entered the Vault just to the north and east. It had proved to be more than they could deal with, and everyone was forced to return to the surface to regroup, and to reconsider how to defeat the forces they had encountered. Skeletons, mostly. Sword wielding Skeletons, Armor wearing Skeletons, and Skeleton Mages in mystical glowing aura's casting terrible Melf's Acid Arrow and Lightening Bolt spells. Cog's watched his bolts pass through rib cages, and bounce off bones, doing no harm at all to the Skeletons he targeted. Everyone else seemed to have the same problem, exposing themselves to attack with ranged weapons, only to suffer massive damage in return.

Retreat and regroup had seemed the only wise option. Tuk had made the right call on that. Azz had agreed, and when the two of them agreed with Cog's thinking, all was right with the world. When everyone agreed, it was as if The Head were whispering in the ears of all. Mystical.

The others had chosen different weapons and tactics for the second attempt. Cogs had been at a loss, as he had no training in other weapons. He had resolved to simply stop becoming a target. He became a Scout, ranging ahead, locating traps, disarming, disabling, working out the strange valve puzzle traps that opened and closed doors, both in front, and behind to uncover ambushes. He had lived to complete the duty given. There was much to be said, and learned, in that alone.

Forewarned by Cogs with what they would be facing ahead, the others were better prepared to take on their Skeletal opponents. Tukcc used throwing hammers to good effect, drawing one or two at a time back to set ambush points. Once the enemies rounded that last corner, Tuk had their total attention, and Azz did something Holy that cause most to simply dissolve in a bright flash of light. Any that remained were considerably weakened and were soon put to eternal rest as well.

The Arcane Skeletons in their protective glowing globes were much harder, still causing the party great harm with the Melf's Acid Arrow that continued to damage even after the Caster was destroyed, and the Lightening Bolts that could put the less powerful down in a blinding instant. Azz had to get close to them to use his Holy Powers, and that was terribly dangerous to manage. Tuk risked much to lure them in, While Azz, Grondley, and Kierik exposed themselves over and over to instant death to strike the Evil Archmages from existence. Grondley was lightening struck during such brave exposure, after being weakened by the Arrow Spell. Tuk and their determined Cleric worked to create a simple stretcher to drag his unconscious form along, as they completed their sworn duty to the Lady.

In the end, they defeated six of the Archmages, numerous Skeletal Warriors, Swordsmen, Archers, Gasts, a Zombie, a Wight, and the Lady's Undead Skeletal Warrior Son. Grondley will recover, thank The Nine.

The Lady Nepenthe was pleased with their success, although no one doubted her sorrow over the death and deliberate desecration of her son. Cogs did hope she would find a way to totally destroy those mysterious enemies one day. Justice had not been achieved. Not yet. Justice would never be met until Evil was exposed, and destroyed. Perhaps an impossible goal, but as The Head said, "You have to live for Something, or you will die for nothing!"

=
    Last edited by Fricko; 10-02-2012 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Two Grondley's, and not enough Kierik's!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by KGWiking View Post
    I've been following this thread for some time with interest.

I was wondering if you if you would mind posting up your group's compendium showing which quests have been done at what setting. From my understanding you are all either at or closing in on six, which would lead me to think that you'd be attempting Level Four content on Elite.

From your posts it's not easy to see if you went into a quest (module) and came out completing the quest or recalled out due to casualties or lack of resources to finish. A posting would be helpful to give outside readers a clearer look in.

I promise I won't criticize
    That wouldn't be a problem at all.

Currently, the group is level six.
    With few exceptions, we will now be attempting appropriate level 4 Quests on Elite Difficulty.
    The first was last week and was "Rest for the Restless".
    It took us just over 2 hours to complete.
    We suffered 1 death, and generally expended a majority of spells with approx 50% hit point loss.

As for previous modules, I'll have to get back to you.

Community Member

The night air felt good as Tukcc looked down on the Marketplace. It was past midnight but rest eluded him.
    It had been a strange sequence of events that brought this varied group together.

Almost two years has passed since his meeting of the Human, Cogoiler, and the Half-Elf, Azzlorn.
    Korthos had been their proving grounds.

Grondley and Kierik, Spell casters of great ability.
    The Halfling-Bard, ElCapitan, journeyed with us for about a year, then struck out on his own path.

Most recently…Eajort, Druid of the Wood. Very capable and resourceful.

Of the 3 Humans, Cogoiler was visibly older, maybe early in his 3rd decade. Azzlorn and the Halfling, Kierik, appeared a bit younger, maybe a decade or so.
    Tukcc considered his own destiny and found it difficult to focus on. He was approaching his second century. He had plenty of time.

The weeks since their adventure for the “Lady” were spent healing and in self-reflection. “What we do, my Ancestors did. I will honor their name!”
    Tukcc gazed at the stars with pride. “I WILL honor their name!”

Page 27 of 138 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast