Page 23 of 133 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
    Community Member

I often roleplay my Ranger by scouting off in a different direction and commenting on objects I find in the environment. Like an ogrish digging tool that looked oddly like a mechanized adult toy.

Default To: UinseanRianAchta

Cogs scouts ahead, and gets out far enough that he (ME!) actually gets a bit anxious and jumpy (not fearful... nope... honest... really...) at the sound of dripping water, or a scurrying spider around the corner.

Cogs also keeps up an almost constant "whispered" commentary on what he is seeing, hearing, smelling, and even sensing, so the others know what to expect, or at least have a clue as to how gloriously (gruesomely?) he died!

New Bluff boost will change the drag... I hope! Giving up the Fang to get the Bluff item from his personal bank stash will be a small price to pay, as he seldom has an opportunity to do hand to hand battle while racing with bug eyed panic through the Party of crouching ambushers!

You folks reading this have no idea of the riot of fun and laughter experienced, even in moments of total disaster for the Characters.

Community Member

Default Game Night

The Druid wolf pet now does dramatically less damage. In the 20hp range. Arrrghhh my killing pet has gone. We need to give Eeajorts a try.
    Speeking to Cogs today he was keen to explore the Tangleroot Wilderness. I would like to try next Tangleroot quest and if anyone dies, then see what nasties lurk in the wilds.

Well met fellowship, my name is Alicue. I met Azzlorn when he came to House Jorasco looking for some guidance. He sat watching me while i tended to the victims of the latest bar room brawl. Its about time they were banned. When i had finished he politely asked for some help. He looked so sad, shoulders sagging. Over a much needed meal, he told me of your exploits. I understood his concerns, having a lot of spell power isn't much help when a cure spell is too weak. Using a wand is slower than casting a spell but it conserves spell power. Healing multiple friends who have 'Attracted Unwelcme Attencion' was his greatest concern. Hmmm says the half elf who's sat staring at me most of the day.
    Being of the Undying Court causes him much pain when one of his fellows dies. With a few more good deeds brings powers to help his close allies and indeed his chosen champion. However he can be an good healer, but not everything at once.
    That's why i'm here see if better healing is the path he should follow before commiting fully to Angel of Vengance.

Community Member

Default Hurrry up before i get drunk

Alicure is waiting in the One Eyed Bugbear Inn. The increased power of healing, Azzlorn can achieve with the correct training and or item. What i'll be bringing to your group is some restoring of SP. May i suggest then that spellcasters memorize a spell like Blur for their own protection when Attracting Unwelcome Attencion. I'll be bringing a cure wand in my backpack just in case.

Default Into the breach! (again...)

We shall re-run the first two Tangleroot Quests Wednesday 08-22-12, with the SlowDM "Battle Cleric" in attendance to test the concept.

We will also take a look at the new Druid Pet as a viable companion, as the Pet no longer seems to have the insta-kill bug since the update fix. I do hope the Pet can run with us, as a Druid without a Pet is rather like a Cowboy without his horse! It is just.... wrong.

Everyone prepare as best you can. Olladra, Bless our efforts!

Community Member

Lets get this straight, i'm not a battle cleric, just a healer. Azzlorn told me he gave up on that idea, he couldn't fight and heal at the same time, indeed enough trouble just healing when you lot were fighting. I will be trying intimidate if monsters break through. The main difference will be cure spells that match the power of enemies attacks. Azzlorn just whispered "better keep the wolf companion alive or Cogs will let me stumble into a trap to show me what it feels like :-)".
    Oh and someone better look out for my behind or you won't be getting any sp back or slow healing.

Community Member

Good Luck tonight guys!

Bluff and Intimidate are nice, but they do not always work.
    Take you time! Practically any quest can be done with patience and planning.
    (At least at these levels)

I stand corrected! ((stumbles off, muttering "notabattleclericnotabattleclericnotabattlecleric. .. cleric wot needs lee-vered edumacation".))

Just so everyone is on the same page. Alicure is simply a test run. If the concept works, and appeals to SlowDM, and approved by Guild Members, a new Cleric Character will be rolled to Guild Charter Standards, then brought to Level before joining our game. At least, that is my understanding.

Mind you, my understanding tends to lean toward the Twilight Zone end of any standard knowledge base.

Community Member

Default Tonights or rather this early mornings game

The 4 of us agreed that Alicure was much more suited to the group. And no it wasn't because she has blonde hair. Expect a story or more about last night. Oh and a short video hopefully with sound of part of tonights game.

Default A succesful failure!

Alicure Cleric was a success, managing to keep us all going much longer than expected. She used a 1500 PP Wand of Cure Serious Wounds to good effect, but that is not a viable option, as it is too expensive to do on a weekly basis. SlowDM hopes to create a Cleric that can manage the task without the Wand.

Cog's Bluff is still too weak to rely on, but the Ambush Technique is working better with practice. For some reason, Bluffed opponent is pulling a train of friends with him now. This is new, or not seen when I solo or play with single friend.

The four of us did fail in the end, because we could not find one of the prisoners in Chapter 2. None of us were strong enough to open the door in the Scorpion Pit either.

We had deaths again, with the same thing happening this time as has been the case in recent weeks. Two hits and you are dead is a bit discouraging. Cogs was hit for a +7 Slash, +34 Critical, instantly followed by a +6 Slash, +37 Critical. He was hit for the second death by two opponents for even more damage in a matter of a second or two. With just 60 HP to play with, he died fast!

As noted, that sudden death smack happened twice. It was the same thing that insta-killed Kierik last week. Toughness and a Lesser False Life Item would not have save either of us. I'll let brighter, number crunching people tell me how this is not possible, because Solo Characters don't die like that!

All in all, the experiment was informative. We all came away encouraged. All seemed to feel that the presence of Tukcc and our Druid/Pet would have made a huge difference in death rate of the Squishies. We also feel that there may need to be Class specific wavers granted for items needed to perform Class type actions/activities. This would be in the same manner as Cogs Set items. We shall see.... discussions on the horizon!

*Runs off to locate his bottle of Woodford Reserve Kentucky Bourbon*

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fricko View Post
    . Two hits and you are dead is a bit discouraging. Cogs was hit for a +7 Slash, +34 Critical, instantly followed by a +6 Slash, +37 Critical. He was hit for the second death by two opponents for even more damage in a matter of a second or two. With just 60 HP to play with, he died fast!
    Looks to me like the monsters are getting more than 1 swing in a 'turn'. (Just as we do)

Hobgoblins have ~70-100 HP each, depending on the specific type.
    With armor, no wonder their 'danger factor' is more 'dangerous'.

With the loss of our Barbarian/Bard, and Alicure being a non-combat Cleric. Tukcc will be the only Melee.
    That will require even more 'alternative' melee assets.

I didn't get a clear picture about Eajort. Was he there, and did you utilize his companion?

Default Eajort, eaten by disgruntled stay-at-home Pet?

Okay, that was just a rumor, one of several. Another was that he became entangled in a patch of spell vines and starved, when disgruntled Lassie refused to go to Grampa for help.

The rumors about Tukcc's absence are not suitable for family programing, so I'll leave them with Cappy's Horc Pole Dancer.

At any rate, Eajort did not show up, and OH! BOY! was he missed! Speaking for myself (okay, speaking for Cogs now), I was really looking forward to seeing our Druid and his faithful companion taking on the evil that seems detemined to make Cogs bleed and suffer... and die..., shuffling dejectedly back to the Tavern to drown sorrows in gallons of ale every week.

Do you know how hard it is to remain agile, with appropriate Jump, Dodge, Sneak, and Hit, while lugging this substancial sized Ale Belly under my leathers? Poor Cogs looks like he is smugging a Nash Braza Smoked Ham, and grows weary of being searched by zealous city guards in the Marketplace!

Please define "alternative assets"? (Cogs stopped drinking long enough to put on his hopeful face.)

Community Member

Default This weeks adventure story

They finally showed up, Grondley a scorched sleeve mage, Cogs a chattery rogue and Kierik a quiet but formidable sorcerer. That was four. Our first two forays ended up in a right mess literally. Tip toeing ahead Cogs spotted spiders. Grondley and Kierik both looked at me with interest, smiled and muttered "Zoo?". Perturbed for a moment, i grinned "Hellhound". Backing away the spell slingers delighted at the Zoo's new flash fry and quick freeze technique. Cogs would hide, and drop some shiny's for the greedy orc to folllow. What a contrast when he came howling back "i've got 1!". Holed up at our ambush site, bolts of magic given a bit of extra bite by the zoo kept the guards at bay. It was when Kierik fell after 2 swings of the warriors axe that showed how vunerable everyone was. Brought home after i feebly tried to stop an orc or 2 running past, even in armour the sharp jagged orc blades sank deep. Still confident we carried Keirik back to the inn. With their 2 strongest friends visiting elsewhere, "we didn't expect to get far" was their excuse. Into the stronghold i followed again with much the same success . Our little Ambush hole was too far for the rogue to run dodging spears and arrows. "Wolves run fast" is all I heard dashing towards the sound of growls and snarls.
    After a dark orcish ale and stewed mutton "come on we'll be okay this time".
    Going back to the stroghold entrance an amusing thing happened. I command-ed an orc running towards me, it was running so fast or eager to slice me in 2 it sprawled out slid 20 feet and knocked me over.
    20 orc's and a few wolves later. We all walked tall back to Urguz only to be told they had prisoners only a room away from where we'd just been.
    It was hard to understand how determined the 3 adventurers remained, happily remarking of my healing powers.
    Every encounter was a near fight to the death, more than once a fellowship member slumped to the floor. Cogs creeping skills payed off time and time again the information fed back from his scouting was invaluble. He even deftly pulled a lee-ver and the wolf happily carried on chewing a bone.. Kierik and Grondley unleashing powerful spells caused a smouldering pile of orc's at our ambush points. This came at a heavy price in several ways. Once a single orc got in sword swing with them they had no defense. Blades the orcs used often matched my cure spells and heavy use of a cure serious wounds wand was needed.(I noticed too that Kierik and Grondley wands had crumbled to dust by the end). Blasting a spell but not killing a monster attracted unwelcome attencion. Burning hands was often met with a gaping wound from the enemies jagged weapons. How i kept up after a door creaked open unleashing a horde of orc's howling after a yowling Cogs was as much luck as skill.
    The Fellowship had good tactics without a sword slinger 4 prisoners were set free. Spell power and wands gone, a door non of us is strong enough to open. What scared us all was the occasional bark of orders from the Warder. A little annoyed but happy with our near success we left the stronghold for another day.

Video of few mins of last night. Sorry my very scary heavy breathing and loud voice is all you can hear until half way through when i jammed my headphone mic 'in me ear-ole'.

http://beta.xfire.com/video/5a2ec0/

Community Member

Default 1st try, not sure wil be ready for next week

Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 03.14.02
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

Azzlorne 
    Level 6 Chaotic Good Half-Elf Male
    (6 Cleric) 
    Hit Points: 108
    Spell Points: 390 
    BAB: 4\4
    Fortitude: 7
    Reflex: 3
    Will: 10

Starting            Ending          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats         Base Stats         Modified Stats
    (32 Point)       (Level 1)          (Level 6)            (Level 6)
    Strength              8                  8                    8
    Dexterity            12                 12                   12
    Constitution         14                 14                   14
    Intelligence          8                  8                    8
    Wisdom               18                 19                   20
    Charisma             14                 14                   14

Starting            Ending          Feat/Enhancement
                     Base Skills        Base Skills        Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)          (Level 6)           (Level 6)
    Balance               1                  1                    1
    Bluff                 2                  2                    2
    Concentration         6                 11                   11
    Diplomacy             2                  2                    2
    Disable Device       n/a               n/a                   n/a
    Haggle                2                  2                    2
    Heal                  4                  5                    7
    Hide                  1                  1                    1
    Intimidate            2                  2                    2
    Jump                 -1                 -1                   -1
    Listen                4                  5                    5
    Move Silently         1                  1                    1
    Open Lock             n/a               n/a                   n/a
    Perform               n/a               n/a                   n/a
    Repair               -1                 -1                   -1
    Search               -1                 -1                   -1
    Spot                  4                  5                    5
    Swim                 -1                 -1                   -1
    Tumble                n/a               n/a                   n/a
    Use Magic Device      n/a               n/a                   n/a

Level 1 (Cleric)
    Feat: (Half-Elf Dilettante) Half-Elf Dilettante: Barbarian
    Feat: (Selected) Mental Toughness
    Feat: (Automatic) Attack
    Feat: (Automatic) Half-Elven Keen Senses
    Feat: (Automatic) Half-Elven Mixed Heritage
    Feat: (Automatic) Half-Elven Social Graces
    Feat: (Automatic) Heavy Armor Proficiency
    Feat: (Automatic) Heroic Durability
    Feat: (Automatic) Immunity to Sleep
    Feat: (Automatic) Light Armor Proficiency
    Feat: (Automatic) Magical Training
    Feat: (Automatic) Medium Armor Proficiency
    Feat: (Automatic) Shield Proficiency (General)
    Feat: (Automatic) Simple Weapon Proficiency
    Feat: (Automatic) Sneak
    Feat: (Automatic) Sunder
    Feat: (Automatic) Tower Shield Proficiency
    Feat: (Automatic) Turn Undead

Level 2 (Cleric)
    Feat: (Automatic) Defensive Fighting
    Feat: (Automatic) Trip

Level 3 (Cleric)
    Feat: (Selected) Toughness

Level 4 (Cleric)
    Ability Raise: WIS

Level 5 (Cleric)

Level 6 (Cleric)
    Feat: (Selected) Empower Healing Spell
    Enhancement: Cleric Radiant Servant I
    Enhancement: Undying Call
    Enhancement: Follower of the Undying Court
    Enhancement: Human Versatility I
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness I
    Enhancement: Improved Heal I
    Enhancement: Improved Heal II
    Enhancement: Cleric Life Magic I
    Enhancement: Cleric Life Magic II
    Enhancement: Cleric Energy of the Zealot I
    Enhancement: Cleric Wisdom I
    Enhancement: Half-Elf Barbarian Toughness I
    Enhancement: Cleric Divine Healing I
    Enhancement: Cleric Divine Vitality I
    Enhancement: Cleric Improved Turning I

Default What to do with a sleeping wolf?

((I love the video! Watching Cogs HP shrink while he is out of view is sort of alarming! I remember the scene where Cogs was repeatedly missed by the Critter chasing him, and he turned in at the door expecting a Web Spell to trap it, so Cogs could strike with Backstab enhancement to an attack... that did not work either! Well, it died, and Cogs lived. Even if the plan didn't work, Olladra smiled on the outcome. Cogs will take that as a victory, and drink to it!))

=

His friends had departed, leaving Cogs alone with his ale in the One-eared Bugbear Tavern. His youthful face was creased in a soft smile, as he contemplated small victories, and lessons learned. This night, they were shorthanded with Tukcc, Azzlorn, and Eajort unable to attend. Azzlorn did send a lovely yellow haired lady of Faith to take his place. Alicure proved to be both personable, and effective in keeping the damage to persons manageable. When she ran out of Divine Power for her prayers, she whipped out a Wand of Cure Serious Wounds, and continued to perform with a grim determination. The Tinker was afraid that the total income for the night's work did not come close to paying for that wand, as they cost about 1500 platinum at the Vendor. A truly wondrous tool, but not a solution to the problem of keeping the Party alive and functional... and profitable.

Chief Ungurz was testing them, their skills, abilities, and perhaps their resolve, in asking they kill 20 of the rival Splinterskull Guards. Old skills of stealth and hiding in shadows were coming back to him, and being put to the test as well. It was a test he was confident he had passed over and over this past evening. His attempts at luring single opponents away from companions still needed much work, but when he was successful, the technique was very useful.

He knew there must be a better method of separating single creatures for ambush, as the current method of tossing bits of rubble, coppers, or pebbles from his pouch sometimes attracted the attention of more than the one critter he was targeting! More than once, he had returned to the ambush site with a raging train of Hobgoblins on his flying heels, when he had only tried to draw back one of them. It was a matter of timing, allowing a hint of movement or unobtrusive sound when the target was near enough to notice, but providing less to notice than that which would cause a general alarm to all of them.

Cogs sighed and sipped his ale thoughtfully. It was much like walking a high cable to get to a broken belt, or a gap toothed gear slowing the works. It was a thin line, and falling off to either side represented death, or at the least, a failure to perform to standards. Enough to provoke investigative curiosity, but not enough to provoke outright alarm. It would take experimentation and practice to prefect this ability. It would take time. It might even take a bit of help from magics. In the end, the Tinker was confident that the problem would be resolved. For sure, he would die trying.

They had killed the required number of Guards to satisfy Chief Ungurz, and he had asked that they return to the same area to rescue five prisoners. Would that they had known that to start with, as some of the prisoners could have been freed on the first trip. Dutifully, the group had returned to do so, and of course, all the Guards had been replaced. Once more, they had to fight their way to the cell blocks. Once more the luring attempts had failed as often as not, leaving the Party with mobs of Guards running into the ambush on his tail. Everyone had done their best to deal with such surprises, but the Guards were well armored, wielded their massive weapons with considerable skill, and died slow and hard. At times, it was... painful... to witness, and more so to experience.

Still, Stealth had worked remarkably well several times. Once he had actually moved like a shadow into a room with sleeping wolves, oiled the lee-ver, and moved it so slowly and quietly, that he returned to his friends with the wolves still peacefully oblivious to anything untoward. Naturally, in the next room, with the second lee-ver, one of the guarding wolves had decided to sleep with head and paws on the lee-ver! No stealth ability would help there. It was back to the pebble pouch, where Cogs had discovered you can't get the attention of a single wolf in a room filled with them.

He also discovered that a ale bellied human cannot outrun a hungry wolf pack. Cogs was several pounds lighter when his friends carried him back to the Tavern to regenerate and recover from being partially eaten alive. A second prisoner rescue attempt was made, and at the critical area with wolf packs, the ambushers set up a lot closer to the rooms they inhabited, allowing Cogs to make his run to the new location relatively intact. They did manage to rescue four of the five prisoners, but decided that the last one must be in the large center room. They discussed the Party resources, most agreeing it was too weakened and low on Magics to take on the many powerful occupants the Tinker reported from his stealthy scouting. There were Hobgoblin Clerics, Witchdoctors, and many Guards inside. It was reluctantly decided that the last prisoner would have to wait until they could return with more members in the Party to assist. At the least, they needed the Druid Eajort, his loyal Companion, and summoned pet.

Cogs hefted his coin purse, thinking that he could afford to contribute to a new Wand for the pretty Cleric. After all, he had been the major beneficiary of it's Powers of Healing. He would still have coin for ale in reserve. Just in case....

=
    Last edited by Fricko; 10-02-2012 at 07:45 AM.

Community Member

Default A Long time ago.........

.....A group of people sat around a table, eager for adventure and treasure.........

....but before they could begin, they had to don their helmets and robes.......

"Roll (4) six-sided dice for me" spoke the Dungeon master.

The player gathered the dice and nervously began shaking the can with the dice inside.

"High numbers! High numbers!" muttered the player.

"HA!.....19!" shouted the player, obviously pleased with himself.

"Now subtract the lowest number. If the number is below 15, repeat the procedure." replied the DM.

"OK....16!" replied the player.

"Now...declare your Name and Class, then assign the number to your Primary Attribute."

Stepping into his 'personna', the player states "Greetings and Well met. I am Thornok, Wizard Spellcaster."
    Thornok notes his Intellegence as 16 on his character sheet.

He glances around noting the nods and acknowegements from the other players around him.

"Now, Good Wizard......Roll for me 5 more numbers generated the same way, but without a minimum requirement, and assign them, in sequence as the remainder of your Attributes." Instructed the Dungeon Master.

"Strength.....10, Wisdom.....13, Constitution.....8, Dexterity.....11, Charisma.....15." Reported the Wizard, glancing back to the DM.

"Very well Thornok, the fates have determined your abilities." declared the DM.

Thornok did not have much to do with his "Build", but that's part of the adventure. About the only thing he could choose was the profession he wanted to follow.
    He COULD have rolled a higher number in subsequent rolls, but the first number determined the starting point for his profession.

Dungeons and Dragons is all about randomness. It's part of the "fun". Not sure just how something will go is fundamental to AD&D.

THIS is the mindset of Classic D&D, and is the fundamental basis for this experiment which we will refer to as "The THAC0 Fellowship".
    We will have to adjust both our playstyle, as well as our guidelines within DDO in order to follow this path.
    These adjustments will always be ongoing, as we do not know exactly how each new level of Quests will match up with our style.

Ebberon does NOT exist. DDO is merely a collection of Quests from which we'll pick and choose which ones to undertake, much like standing in the bookstore pondering what Modules fit our party and levels.

The background for each Quest (or storyline) will be envisioned by us, the players, in their imaginative stories.

Let the fun begin......
    Last edited by intruder1; 08-24-2012 at 11:34 AM.

Community Member

Default A few insights from other groups......

As I wander thru other threads of interest, I can't help but smile and nod at the great progress other groups are making......

>----------------
    "You might be surprised how fast we can safely move through familiar content, but yes, we generally scout and such. If you learn nothing else from PD play, the simple lesson of playing your character like it's an adventurer will serve you well. Play like a child entering a haunted house. First look at the outside of the house for clues of what might be inside. Listen carefully to oratory warnings. Once inside, tread warily with all senses keenly attuned for any danger. If you are surprised, react quickly. Make instant decisions of fight or flight. The mind is focused on the moment. Time becomes meaningless."
    >----------------

"Bluff and sound pulling are not the only tactics employed in tough PD quests. One suggestion spell is usually enough to create chaos among foes and buy us enough time to take down enemy casters and mop up the rest.

Another favorite tactic of mine, since I love playing bards: fascinate the crowd. They rarely ever save. Immobilize foes, chop chop, move on."
    >----------------

"Playing a PD Scout is the biggest rush I've ever had in DDO!"

>----------------

Rock on people, rock on!

Community Member

Default A short time ago.......

DDO Character creation.........The D&D way......
    (This is merely a means of applying random numbers to DDO's Creation Process)

.....A group of people, each sitting in front of their PC with headsets on, eager for adventure and treasure.........

....but before they could begin, they had to don their helmets and robes.......

"Player...declare your Name and Class."

Stepping into his 'personna', the player states "Greetings and Well met. I am Thornok, Wizard Spellcaster."

"Greetings Thornok...You have 28 points to work with, Roll a random number from 1 to 16 for me, but reroll if it is less than 7." spoke the Guild Leader.

The player keyed into his PC the command to generate a random number from 1 to 16.

"High number! High number!" muttered the player as he pressed the ENTER key.

"HA!.....12!" shouted the player, obviously pleased with himself.

"Now apply that number to your Primary Attribute Stat." replied the Leader.

"OK....9,10,11,12,13,14, 2 more for 15, 2 more for 16. I have 2 left and I need 3 for a 17." replied the player.

"Yes....those 2 points are not used and left in the total still available, making it 18. Your Primary Stat will be 16." Spoke the Guild Leader.

Thornok notes his Intellegence is 16 on his character sheet.

"Now, Good Wizard......You have 18 points remaining to use. Give me a random number between 1 and 16" Instructed the Guild Leader.

Again, the player keyed into his PC the command to generate a random number from 1 to 16.
    "...5!"

"Very Well.....Apply those to your next Stat." instructed the Guild Leader.

"Right.......9,10,11,12.....13!" boasted the player. "My Strength will be 13!"

"Great!" replied the Guild Leader.
    "......You now have 13 points to use. Since your available total is lower than 16, give me a random number between 1 and 13" Instructed the Guild Leader.

Again, the player keyed into his PC the command to generate a random number from 1 to 13.
    "...3!"

"Very Well.....Apply those points to your next Stat." instructed the Guild Leader.

"OK.......9,10,11." replied the player. "My Dexterity will be 11!"

"Good!" replied the Guild Leader.
    "......You now have 10 points to use. Since your available total is lower than 16, give me a random number between 1 and 10" Instructed the Guild Leader.

Again, the player keyed into his PC the command to generate a random number from 1 to 10.
    "...8!"

"Very Well.....Apply those points to your next Stat." instructed the Guild Leader.

"OK.......9,10,11,12,13,14, and 2 for a 15." replied the player. "My Constitution will be 15!"

"Good!" replied the Guild Leader.
    "......You now have 2 points to use. Since your available total is lower than 16, give me a random number between 1 and 2" Instructed the Guild Leader.

Again, the player keyed into his PC the command to generate a random number from 1 to 2.
    "...2!"

"OK.......9,10." replied the player. "My Wisdom will be 10!"

"Very Well.....Since you do not have any points left to apply to Charisma, it shall remain an 8."
    The Guild Leader continued......
    "Thornok, the Wizard.....
    The Fates have decided... Strength 13, Dexterity 11, Constitution 15, Intellegence 16, Wisdom 10 and Charisma 8."

Thornok did not have much to do with his "Build", but that's part of the adventure.

This is just a fanciful rant about how to make DDO more "D&D" like.
    I hope you enjoyed.
    (And I hope Turbine considers puting a "Random" button in the Creation Screen!)

If they do give us a Random Button, let it be prior to choosing a Class. Just as your inate abilities and interests shape the person we become, the education we acquire, and eventually the sort of work we we wind up making a living at, your Ability Scores would determine the Character Class of "work" we would perfom in the world of DDO.

How say you?

http://www.mollyworld.com/ADD/chargen.shtml

Or

http://dnd3rd.sourceforge.net/

=
    Last edited by Fricko; 08-25-2012 at 03:40 PM.

Community Member

It is evident that Critical Hits are becoming very damaging to us.
    We don't complain when we inflict them, it's when we receive them we notice.

Grondley and Tukcc have 25% Fortification now, and Tukcc has a belt of Fortification for Kierik when next we meet.
    These items are plentiful enough in treasure rewards that "special" allowances should not be needed.

I watched with interest the video of last Wednesday. Maybe...Cogs (with his lack of Armor) might not be the right "bait" for the Ambush Tactic. Being hit from behind while running could be dangerous.

Tukcc has decided to forgo his Ancestral War Outfit and don his Plate Armor again.

It is my intent to lead a foray back to Splinterskull and work on this most adventageous Tactic.
    HOPEFULLY, I will be able to game this coming Wednesday.
    It will be a chance to try out and test any and all missile weapons each of us are able to employ, no matter what the type.
    So, gather your throwing daggers, throwing hammers, hell.....gather whatever ROCKS you can pack in your backpack and get ready to have at it.

Page 23 of 133 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast