Page 102 of 133 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2654

Default !@#$%! Keep moving... nothing to see here...

That's a slayer count boost, when I went into the wilderness to get acclimated to combat again I downed one to help with xp.
    [Like you didn't know ]

It doesn't give much. LOL. I'm also using Daily dice for xp too.
    [If you look closely at the previous posting I did of Cali's sheet down at the xp bar you'll notice that he had 613,005 xp. Annnnnd this one shows 614,305 - a difference of 1,300 xp. HE STILL HAS 15,695 XP to go before reaching level 12 - like the rest of the group.

The other one is the 1 remaining AP Cali has left. Since I can't use it, it sits idle until Cali get's another, then he takes the next weapon enh. in line.

I hope you noticed that I didn't throw that extra point into the Class tree. <sigh> The sacrifices I make...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by zefjoe View Post
    That's a slayer count boost,...
    'Jus checkin......
    Last edited by intruder1; 05-13-2014 at 08:53 AM.

Community Member

My new enhancements...
    No longer a melee type, but I've got Echoes back.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magiker View Post

My new enhancements...
    No longer a melee type, but I've got Echoes back.
    Did you fill every available point in Racial?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by intruder1 View Post
    Did you fill every available point in Racial?

Everything except Dragonmark and Sneak Attack.

Community Member

Everything except Dragonmark and Sneak Attack.
    Nothing wrong with Sneak Attack......go ahead and fill 'em.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by intruder1 View Post
    Nothing wrong with Sneak Attack......go ahead and fill 'em.
    Only rogues have Sneak Attack. I am a Bard.

EDIT: are you telling me that this Halfling racial enhancement will give me Sneak Attack even without Rogue levels?? My understanding is that the enhancement is only a bonus to the Sneak Attack that you get from Rogue levels - of which I have none.
    Last edited by Magiker; 05-14-2014 at 12:29 PM.

You will be able to get sneak attack damage from the line for any attack that would be a sneak attack, but you won't get a #d6 as a rogue would. So it will be minimal SA damage, but it will be some damage. If you ever come across something with a sneak attack bonus on it, it will stack - giving you a little bit more. Remember, any attack on an enemy that is focused on someone else, you will get that bonus to damage.

Community Member

You will be able to get sneak attack damage from the line for any attack that would be a sneak attack, but you won't get a #d6 as a rogue would. So it will be minimal SA damage, but it will be some damage. If you ever come across something with a sneak attack bonus on it, it will stack - giving you a little bit more. Remember, any attack on an enemy that is focused on someone else, you will get that bonus to damage.

This isn't true. I reset my enhancement tree and tried it out. No bonus to damage. I was sneaking/etc. The enhancement gives +1 sneak attack die. But if you don't have sneak attack, apparently it does nothing.

If anyone has 5000 plat to spare, I'd like to reset my enhancement tree at some point. I've got 6 AP tied up in useless stuff...

It used to. Manatarms was getting bonus damage several months ago. Sorry for the bad info. I can send you the plat by mailbox.

Intruder do you still use Manny?

Community Member

It used to. Manatarms was getting bonus damage several months ago. Sorry for the bad info. I can send you the plat by mailbox.

Kierik will have SOME benefit in Sneak Attacks. Whether or not the enhancement also applies is unknown.
    The purpose in filling the Racial tree is delaying access to Class Enhancements.
    So whether enhancements are useful or not, they represent a RACIAL bonus, and are required to be filled in.

Community Member

As we discussed in game tonight, there was some benefit. I can't say I understand the algorithms though.

Community Member

As we discussed in game tonight, there was some benefit. I can't say I understand the algorithms though.
    Checked it out.
    Rogues gain Sneak Attack Feat at 1st Level with an extra d6 damage per attack per 2 levels afterwards.
    At 12th level, a Rogue adds 6d6 damage to each Sneak Attack.

Bards do not receive the Sneak Attack Feat.

The 1st Tier Sneak Attack Enhancement for Halflings give a bonus to Sneak Attack "To Hit" IF you are a Rogue. Bard does not benefit.
    Each Tier thereafter awards an extra d6 Damage to Sneak Attacks, whether a Rogue or a Bard.

A Halfling choosing those enhancements actually gets the damage bonus AND the abiity to Sneak Attack, even though he does not have the Feat.

Being a Halfling gives a character Stealth and a Limited Sneak Attack Ability.
    Being a Bard gives a character somewhat of a taste of several Classes.

Embrace it Kierik........a very fun combination if played correctly!

Default Basically...

It's bonus damage. Play more like a rogue would, waiting for some one else to gain aggro, and you will gain +3 to hit and +3d6 damage [with the whole line taken]. If any of us have or does find an item with sneak attack bonus on it, I'm pretty sure it will stack. Same goes for an item with Deception - you will gain the benefit of a bluffed enemy. The only difference between the Sneak Attack bonus of a Halfling and that of a rogue is - rogue it is part of the class and it gains every two levels, Halfling it costs AP to take and is limited to a max of 3d6.

Unless of course you multiclass as I would with monk and ranger, each of which gain at least 3d6 of their own Sneak Attack dice, but that would be cherry picking wouldn't it Intruder - hmmmmm.

Community Member

Default Finally.

Calibhan has leveled to 12. Didn't gain much though - 1 ability point put into WIS. New Feat taken was Improved Mental Toughness - trying to delay having to resort to Echoes as much as possible. Two new spell slots [loaded Symbol of Pain and Comet-strike - not to worry Intruder, Cometstrike is an expensive spell and has a slight delay so I won't be spamming it ] I forgot that the last bubble doesn't give any AP so I'm going to have to gain more xp to take the next line of Racial.

Cali has a nice line-up of AOE spells [Symbol of Flame, Greater Glyph of Warding, Symbol of Pain and Persuasion, Comet-strike] but I 've been puzzling on how to use them more effectively in encounters. Seems like they are being missed and wasted alot. Any vets out there with some advice?

On another note I debated long and hard about taking Metamagics, currently Cali has none. Would taking a Metamagic for our playstyle have been a better choice than Imp. Mental Toughness? Cali only got 62 spell points more for it, and at the rate we gain levels those extra 5 per level will be a loooong time coming. On the flip side the extra spell point cost for metamagics would have just caused his blue bar to shrink faster. Any advice from experienced casters? I'm looking at the next few Quest levels as far as magical resources consumed specifically.

For Intruders book keeping, Cali's xp is now just shy of 300 xp past the level 12 threshold.

Community Member

Calibhan has leveled to 12.
    Glad to hear it.
    Your concern as to how to play the character is good to hear. Our group is about how to role-play a character.
    Kierik and Grondley can chime in about their experiences.

Filling the Racial Enhancement is the prerequisite for the Prestige Status, so you'll gain all those neat abilities back soon enough.

I really appreciate this groups loyalty in following our guidelines.
    The playstyle is unlike any other in DDO.
    Disclaimer: The statement above is purely personnal oppinion and should not be regarded as a reflection of anything nor anyone.

Community Member

On another note I debated long and hard about taking Metamagics, currently Cali has none. Would taking a Metamagic for our playstyle have been a better choice than Imp. Mental Toughness? Cali only got 62 spell points more for it, and at the rate we gain levels those extra 5 per level will be a loooong time coming. On the flip side the extra spell point cost for metamagics would have just caused his blue bar to shrink faster. Any advice from experienced casters? I'm looking at the next few Quest levels as far as magical resources consumed specifically.
    Cali, this is by no means a criticism of your playstyle. Not at all.

You tend to burn through SP within the first half of quests. So chances are good that you won't have the SP to use metamagic when you actually get to the point that you want to use it. Without shrines and no pots, I think Imp Mental Toughness is a fine choice.

Without shrines and no pots, I think Imp Mental Toughness is a fine choice.
    I finally came to the same conclusion. I was really considering Heighten, and still make take it at 15 - in a year or two. LOL. I think the main stumbling block is the fact that Cali's WIS modifier is not that good, and never will be without the ability enhancing gear that comes with the Monty haul playstyle. Using Heighten will probably not do that much more [a WILL save of 17 versus 13 for a mob at Quest level 12+]. I noticed last week that when I have a good connection I tend to melee more. I'm also thinking of waiting to cast the AOE spells until the enemy is right on top of us, being sure to catch at least some.

Community Member

Default Bravo! Old School Viewpoint

Quote Originally Posted by Jasongnc2 View Post
    Just recently pulled out all my old Basic D&D books (Magenta box) and have been DM Keep on the Borderlands with my daughter and her friends. The kids have been getting interested in it, and have been getting 4th ed. books, and have been pushing for shifts to those rules. I'll probably buy this starter pack even though I prefer the idea of the older D&D where the characters are normal people overcoming extraordinary situations, vs the superhero characters of 4th edition...............
    Great sentiment!

Page 102 of 133 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast