Default New Guest pass not overwriting old one

So, my first bug report.
    I have already bug report it, but as there is no feedback with the bug reports, I wanted to know if somebody had this issue:

Person A (friend) has a guest pass for Sharn Sindicate running (2 hours 45 minutes).
    Person B (Me) gives person A a new pass for The Vault of Night, for 90 minutes.
    As person A enters Vault of Night (Actually VoN3, Jungle of Khyber, but he had done VoN1 and VoN2 with another pass some weeks before) the game asks him if he is sure, as he would lose the Sharn Sindicate pass.
    He says "yes". The pass for The Vault of Night disapears, the pass for Sharn Sindicate remain.
    Tried two times, very frustrating, the 140 Tps lost is not a big deal, but we couldn´t play with him.

My best guess is that the "longer" pass remains ( 2 hours 45 vs. 90 minutes) no matter what you say.

Some clue?
    Goat, Sammich, Poultry

Thank you, Turbine, for not answering my email to customers service, for not answering to this post, for not answering at all. Well, I have to say I expected it, so I am not really disapointed.
    I work also in the QA, I have a lot of "copy-paste" answers for any kind of stuff, it is very easy to answer "blah blah, we are sorry..blah blah... we will look into the matter...".

Well, I will have to write a second, a third, a fourth, a fifth email, call to the customers service, write a letter, send a fax...
    Goat, Sammich, Poultry

Community Member

Default Character Stuck with Guest Pass after Purchasing Pack, Unable to Receive New Passes

Character Name: Halzai
    Server: Argonessen

I'm having a similar problem with guest passes, even if it's not quite the same. One of my characters on my second account is stuck with a guest pass for the Catacombs that I never used. I forgot about that pass (because of playing on a different server) and purchased the pack some time later. Now it seems the character can't ever receive another guest pass again because the timer of the Catacombs pass on her won't start running when entering the Catacombs (because I own the pack now) and if somebody tries to use a guest pass for a different pack on her, they only receive the following error message:

"Halzai already has an available guest pass pending and cannot accept another right now. Once they activate their current guest pass by entering the content pack, they can be given another guest pass".

I wrote a bug report, I submitted a ticket via the support site http://support.turbine.com and waited patiently for about 2 weeks, thinking people might just be a bit busy right now and need some time, but I never received any kind of help or reply from the support team. I'm not meaning to stress anyone out and I'd gladly be willing to wait another 2 weeks if that is the time the support team needs to work up to my request, but right now I have to admit I'm really insecure if anything is ever going to happen or not.

So what am I to do now to receive help? Could anybody please, please free my poor cleric from that now unwanted guest pass that blocks her from receiving any other passes? Of course a general fix that makes passes disappear if the adventure pack in question has been purchased without the pass having been used could spare other players this problem, but for now I'd already be happy and thankful if the pass could just be manually removed.

I'm not sure how much this problem is related to the one Ugumagre described, but since both issues are about guest passes not being removed, I thought I'd post in here. If any additional information is needed, I'll of course gladly provide it.

Many thanks in advance if somebody is going to help me (I have cookies as reward! ),
    Kaelyr

(Edit: Just to clarify, the affected character is not on the game account linked to my forum account, but instead on a different game account that is not linked to any forum account at all since we're not supposed to have more than one forum account.)
    Last edited by Kaelyr; 04-03-2012 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelyr View Post
    Character Name: Halzai
    Server: Argonessen

I'm having a similar problem with guest passes, even if it's not quite the same. One of my characters on my second account is stuck with a guest pass for the Catacombs that I never used. I forgot about that pass (because of playing on a different server) and purchased the pack some time later. Now it seems the character can't ever receive another guest pass again because the timer of the Catacombs pass on her won't start running when entering the Catacombs (because I own the pack now) and if somebody tries to use a guest pass for a different pack on her, they only receive the following error message:

"Halzai already has an available guest pass pending and cannot accept another right now. Once they activate their current guest pass by entering the content pack, they can be given another guest pass".

I wrote a bug report, I submitted a ticket via the support site http://support.turbine.com and waited patiently for about 2 weeks, thinking people might just be a bit busy right now and need some time, but I never received any kind of help or reply from the support team. I'm not meaning to stress anyone out and I'd gladly be willing to wait another 2 weeks if that is the time the support team needs to work up to my request, but right now I have to admit I'm really insecure if anything is ever going to happen or not.

So what am I to do now to receive help? Could anybody please, please free my poor cleric from that now unwanted guest pass that blocks her from receiving any other passes? Of course a general fix that makes passes disappear if the adventure pack in question has been purchased without the pass having been used could spare other players this problem, but for now I'd already be happy and thankful if the pass could just be manually removed.

I'm not sure how much this problem is related to the one Ugumagre described, but since both issues are about guest passes not being removed, I thought I'd post in here. If any additional information is needed, I'll of course gladly provide it.

Many thanks in advance if somebody is going to help me (I have cookies as reward! ),
    Kaelyr

(Edit: Just to clarify, the affected character is not on the game account linked to my forum account, but instead on a different game account that is not linked to any forum account at all since we're not supposed to have more than one forum account.)
    Hello Kaelyr,
    A Game Master can manually fix the issue you are experiencing by removing the stuck guest pass.

To get in touch with a Game Master, use the Help panel when inside the game to submit a ticket to In-Game Support.

Only accounts that have an active VIP Subscription or that have bought Turbine Points recently have the ability to submit an in-game ticket.

In the ticket description, please detail the problem, like this: "Hello, I have a Guest Pass for the Catacombs quest pack stuck on my character. I am unable to activate it because I bought the adventure pack while I had the guest pass on my character, but before activating it. Can you please manually remove this guest pass from my character so that I will be able to receive other guest passes? Thank you."

After submitting a ticket in-game, you'll need to remain online until a Game Master is able to contact you. They will send you a tell in-game, so you'll need to be keeping an eye out on a chat window that can see tells, otherwise you may miss them.

If you do not have the ability to submit an in-game ticket on that account, then you'll have to speak with them through the e-mailed web ticket that you submitted. I'm not sure if they'd be able to help in that case, but it's worth a shot.

Generally those web tickets are responded to within a few days. If it's been two weeks like you said, then chances are your e-mail has a spam filter or something else that ate their response. Please check any spam filter/folders you might have.

Out of curiosity please see this thread, including response from Cordovan.

Truly a frustrating experience.

Community Member

First of all, thanks a lot for your replies, I appreciate getting a response to this problem.

It's exactly like you suspected, Feather. Indeed I can't send ingame tickets with my second (premium) account, even though I have a VIP subscription on my first account. I am not planning on buying points for that second account any time soon because I have reached my limits with the pre-purchase and the points offer for my main account. My e-mail provider also sends me a daily spam report of the mails that went into the spam folder and I always read that report to make sure nothing actually important ended up there. There was no reply to my ticket that I sent via the support website.

Is there really nothing I can do to enable my character to receive passes again, apart from spending money on the second account which I can't afford right now? Would it help to send another ticket via the website?

grayham, I can imagine it is frustrating to lose Turbine points for nothing. Though of course my issue is not exactly the same and permanently impedes the affected character.

Community Member

It seems I will have to live with the fact that my character can't ever receive guest passes again.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

It's exactly like you suspected, Feather. Indeed I can't send ingame tickets with my second (premium) account, even though I have a VIP subscription on my first account.
    It seems I will have to live with the fact that my character can't ever receive guest passes again.
    Do you have two computers so you could be logged into both your VIP account and your premium account at the same time? I'm thinking maybe you could have the affected character and one of your VIP characters stand next to each other then send a ticket from your VIP account asking for help for your premium account.

Community Member

Thanks for the suggestion, but I had already tried that. The only answer I got from the GM was that I would have to send the ticket with the account that has the problem, not with my first account.

Arrow The same problem

Character Name: Inuarash
    Server: Sarlona

I have the same problem, like Kaelyr's.
    I got a guest pass to Three-Barrel-Cove as a gift, and never activated it. Later I bought the the pack, and played there - the guest pass did not activated, because I had the pack... And my friend couldn't give me another guest pass, she got back a message, like Kaelyr.

I wrote a ticket, but I'm a newbie, so hopefully not screwed it.

But one time I saw a message in the general chat, with green letters:
    (Admin): The support request number for your submission is #2603583

Was it for me?
    If it was for me, what should I do with it?
    Please someone give me a step-by-step guide.

Thanks.

P.M.
    As I can see in the thread linked by grayham, this is a one-and-half year old problem, at least.

Charlie
    Stockbauer ante porthas...

Community Member

Default Character Stuck with Guest Pass after Purchasing Pack, Unable to Receive New Passes

Same problem with guest passes.

Character Name: Ythlinn
    Server: Khyber

I have a guest pass which doesnt run because i bought the adventure pack without knowledge that i had to use the pass or i will break my character (And i saw no notification/warning...). My guest/pack is Delera's Tomb.
    I was premium 5 weeks ago, but not now, so I cant create tickets.

In addition to the other questions already made here:
    - Does the guest pass go away after Lesser/Greater/True Reincarnating? It might be a HORRIBLE fix, but fixing the issue.

- Why not solving the problem automatically instead of manually removing the problem everytime it happens to somebody? This problem already is 2 years old, at least, and still happens. And the logics has to be simple. And if it were a hard thing to solve (i.e. dirty code), what about a warning anytime you are going to purchase an adventure pack?

Thanks to the helpers who help here.

Community Member

If only it had been removed manually... my character is still stuck with that old pass and I have given up hope that this will ever change again.