Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I really enjoy reading about Permadeath...I always felt though that it is not for me...but I have a simple question.

What quest claims the most deaths? Which part?

BTW I did solo Permadeath once on a toon. No repeats and did quests on Hard. My death was in Gwylan's Stand. I died at the named Minotaur (forget his name). He knocked me down and the wizards spammed ice storm on me...I died pretty quickly. I didn't end up deleting the toon, so I guess is was not true Permadeath. And I had previous knowledge of the quest. I think its awesome how you guys play the game though.
    Last edited by Bacab; 02-08-2012 at 03:16 AM.
    "Hireling" Human Cleric...Yes I stand in traps...my name is Hireling...its in my nature.
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Duncani_Daho View Post
    ...By the way, I went into a nameless level 18+ quest on normal with Monincha (its allowed to run quest level 14+ in The Core as long as everyone is underlevel and isn't repeating normal) and could NOT spot the traps with a 46 spot. His wisdom in Water Stance is 22, he wears Spot +10 goggles, and he has Elven Spot III and Rogue Spot II (+5 from enhancements). And he's a drow elf to boot. In other words, his skills are top-notch. It was disconcerting...
    Depta 13/2 wizard/rogue can self buff 44 spot. Not presuming she will live long enough, but by the time we get to level 18 quests in Mortal Voyage, she will have at least 48 spot. If that is not enough for level 18 quest on hard, she will need help from another source.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

Quote Originally Posted by Bacab View Post
    I would say Elite Harbor quests at level kill the most (hello Mr. CR9 named caster, look at this shiny new +1 dagger I just pulled), at least when somebody first starts playing PD. After people break out of the harbor they tend to survive up into the 6-8 range. after 9 it's mostly bad luck/pushing your luck (the most fun you can have in PD)/not paying attention that kills you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacab View Post
    I really enjoy reading about Permadeath...I always felt though that it is not for me...but I have a simple question.

BTW I did solo Permadeath once on a toon. No repeats and did quests on Hard. My death was in Gwylan's Stand. I died at the named Minotaur (forget his name). He knocked me down and the wizards spammed ice storm on me...I died pretty quickly. I didn't end up deleting the toon, so I guess is was not true Permadeath. And I had previous knowledge of the quest. I think its awesome how you guys play the game though.

As far as quests go, the biggest killers for The Core are just too varied to even pin down a top 5. I can tell you that WW elite kills hardly anyone. Same goes with Deleras.

Maybe a topic for another thread but here is a quick-and-dirty list of the characters I have lost permanently over the past 6 months. Ranked from highest to lowest pretty much randomly from memory:

1. Moarcanio, level 15, elf arcane archer ranger (13), rogue/fighter in the Crucible on hard.
    2. Mobararo, level 13 dorf barbarian (8), ranger (3), rogue (2) in Eyes of Stone elite.
    3. Mophelia, level 13 radiant servant with 1 level of fighter in Tomb of the Unhallowed elite.
    4. Moagent, level 11 elf dragonmarked rogue (6), fighter (4), rogue 1 in South Threnal elite.
    5. Monatodor, level 11 elf in Bring Me the Head of Ghola-fan on elite.
    6. Moside Kick, level 11 halfling with dragonmarks, mutt evasion melee in South Threnal on hard.
    7. Movengence, level 10 elf favored soul in Western Threnal.
    8. Mobaldar, level 13 half-elf radiant servant intimitank in Tomb of the Forbidden elite.

You can see the quests are all over the map. If I had to say the deadliest "lower" level quests (under 8), I would put A Small Problem and Partycrashers at the top of the list.
    The Core HC Permadeath Guild
    HC stands for Hard Core
    on Khyber
    thecorehc.home.comcast.net

Quote Originally Posted by parvo View Post
    Depta 13/2 wizard/rogue can self buff 44 spot. Not presuming she will live long enough, but by the time we get to level 18 quests in Mortal Voyage, she will have at least 48 spot. If that is not enough for level 18 quest on hard, she will need help from another source.
    Good to know that my scout should be in the right range if I can get him to 14. Currently nearing xp for 13, and I rarely ever blueline at all, so will probably take it. Desert quests seem a bit on the easy side so far (well, except for one crazy one that we fought our way free for a few seconds, and barely all recalled out before someone got stuck), so I'm thinking of stepping it up to gianthold first chance I get.

He gets only 32 spot with owl's, but that seems to work fine so far. At 14 he'll get wild instincts, which I'm really looking forward to, so should be around Depta's numbers. Just have to survive 13 to get there, I guess. He's already died and been rezzed twice from traps, so I'm not really keen on doing it anymore. Like most of my builds, he only has 12 con, so with 2 trap deaths, and 2 to beholders, I'm nearing the MV rules limit.

Same old story. This old guy survives to get rezzed. My stronger and more recent builds get re-rolled on their first deaths, either due to party wipe, or no one capable of rezzing in the party. I think I only had 1 other rez ever, and have had several deaths at 9 and 10.
    Not for everyone. But if you're looking for a fresh experience with a slower pace and tactical play, come check us out at www.mortalvoyage.us You might just like what you see...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12