Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Community Member Epicstorms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    432

    Default Do u13 epics drop epic tokens?

    I´ve heard somewhere that the new u13 epics do not drop epic fragments / tokens ?
    Is this true? Anyone know?

    I don't see myself running these epics often if they don't drop them though :/

  2. #2
    The Hatchery sirgog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    17,349

    Default

    At present on Lama no.

    I expect that will change. Q2 is worth two full tokens for sure.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

    I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    At present on Lama no.

    I expect that will change. Q2 is worth two full tokens for sure.
    being that they are in a free pack, I would expect fragments at most. imho, no free quest should drop full tokens.

  4. #4
    Community Member dudulinka's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sarlona
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mystafyi View Post
    being that they are in a free pack, I would expect fragments at most. imho, no free quest should drop full tokens.
    why is that ?

  5. #5
    Community Member SEMPER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Il
    Posts
    1,786

    Default

    Honestly I think they need to redo epic tokens all over again , possibly in the new quests depending on what they will be set at , but most definitely in the old. I can run Labor Shortage lvl 21 or higher in 10 mins and get a token when some of these epic quests take twice that time or more and i get fragments... its time to look into making all epic quests drop tokens and keep the fragments for the candy bags that drop on the groud imho
    SARLONA ~ BREY BRAY BRAI BREI BRAYZ CEMPER CEMP SEMPER SAVALOT
    Proud Officer of ROVING GUNS

  6. #6
    Community Member nivarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mystafyi View Post
    being that they are in a free pack, I would expect fragments at most. imho, no free quest should drop full tokens.
    Disagree with that. If epic items are provided for free players, way to get tokens need to be in game.
    Number of token per quest should depend only on quest difficulty and length, not the fact that it's f2p or p2p. Otherwise it means you have no incentive to run the quest if you already have other epic packs.

  7. #7
    Community Member -Zephyr-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SEMPER View Post
    Honestly I think they need to redo epic tokens all over again , possibly in the new quests depending on what they will be set at , but most definitely in the old. I can run Labor Shortage lvl 21 or higher in 10 mins and get a token when some of these epic quests take twice that time or more and i get fragments... its time to look into making all epic quests drop tokens and keep the fragments for the candy bags that drop on the groud imho
    I believe the reason for that is that in other epic quests, at the same time as getting tokens/fragments, you are also getting parts of epic items. In challenges, if you trade all your rewards for tokens, you won't get any item upgrade...
    Oh, and Turbine needs to give people an incentive to buy the challenge pack, too.

    That said, I agree some epics deserve having their tokens/fragment rate upped.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

  8. #8
    Community Member Sarisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,614

    Default

    The challenges should give higher token rates, but not the current triple or quadruple rates that you can get over even running a bunch of alts through eDA.

    You only have a CHANCE at getting epic parts in real epics (aside from an always dropped shard one like Big Top or Deeps), while challenges always give you something.

    VoN4 and Spies in the House are two that are very deserving of dropping a full token, because both give just fragments now.

  9. #9
    Community Member voodoogroves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Cackalacky
    Posts
    9,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mystafyi View Post
    being that they are in a free pack, I would expect fragments at most. imho, no free quest should drop full tokens.
    With all the talk of decreasing augment costs, I wouldn't mind if Turbine went the other way and upped the token/fragment drops.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

  10. #10
    Community Member -Zephyr-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarisa View Post
    The challenges should give higher token rates, but not the current triple or quadruple rates that you can get over even running a bunch of alts through eDA.
    My eDA take 25-35 mins on average. 2 tokens + a high chance at larges + a small but not negligible chance at very rare and expensive items such as mettalic wraps, red augments, boot mats.

    The average pug may take longer, but not much. Challenge farming will give 1 more token, but no larges and other precious items. It doesn't seem *that* unbalanced to me, especially since last patch already nerfed the best challenges.

    Also, variety is good. I farm BOTH challenges and eDA, because they're both fun to me. 3-manned eDA in 34 mins two days ago, aside from tokens I did get a lot of fun.

    And again, I agree some quets could have their tokens upped. VoN4 and Spies in the House you mentionned could even get 2 tokens and that'd be fine, considering they're not trivial and no one ever runs them, that'd give an incentive to actually try.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

  11. #11
    Community Member sweez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SEMPER View Post
    its time to look into making all epic quests drop tokens and keep the fragments for the candy bags that drop on the groud imho
    Yes
    Comfortably [d|n]umb

    Toons: Weirdly || Inbound || Samma || Ocular || Annoyed || Stinkpelt of Khyber
    WanderLust EuroTrash

  12. #12
    Community Member voodoogroves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Cackalacky
    Posts
    9,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SEMPER View Post
    its time to look into making all epic quests drop tokens and keep the fragments for the candy bags that drop on the groud imho
    I wouldn't mind an increase in the bag rate either.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

  13. #13
    Community Member SEMPER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Il
    Posts
    1,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    I believe the reason for that is that in other epic quests, at the same time as getting tokens/fragments, you are also getting parts of epic items. In challenges, if you trade all your rewards for tokens, you won't get any item upgrade...
    Oh, and Turbine needs to give people an incentive to buy the challenge pack, too.

    That said, I agree some epics deserve having their tokens/fragment rate upped.
    I know I know we get the chance at those lovely seals and shards and if your lucky a scroll but they can , but not always take more time to do them and for that I believe they need to relook at it and as others have stated at least up the drop rates
    SARLONA ~ BREY BRAY BRAI BREI BRAYZ CEMPER CEMP SEMPER SAVALOT
    Proud Officer of ROVING GUNS

  14. #14
    Community Member SEMPER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Il
    Posts
    1,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    I wouldn't mind an increase in the bag rate either.
    me too
    SARLONA ~ BREY BRAY BRAI BREI BRAYZ CEMPER CEMP SEMPER SAVALOT
    Proud Officer of ROVING GUNS

  15. #15
    Community Member Dawnsfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,643

    Default

    Does anyone still run epic quests for tokens anymore? Since challenges much more token friendly I would have thought even F2p folks would just save their entry tokens for a few days and run those for epics. Epic quests are just for seals, scrolls and shards now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

  16. #16
    Community Member FengXian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,010

    Default

    Not having played the new quests I can't really say if some deserve 1+ epic tokens, but if they're hard/long enough, why not.

    I kinda like where this is going, a free epic pack is very nice, and it's prolly a way to give freebies some nice gear/testing ground in preparation for tougher content (21-25 I guess). I think that this + CC + mabar should provide decent end game gear even if you're completely F2P, good job turbine.
    Cannith - Juzam, Fighter 8 Ranger 6 Monk 6 AA/ Orocarn, Wraith 12 Stalwart Defender 6 Rogue 2 / Taigongwanng, Sorc TRing - Alleanza degli Uomini Liberi/Guardiani di Eberron

  17. #17
    Community Member dudulinka's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sarlona
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FengXian View Post
    Not having played the new quests I can't really say if some deserve 1+ epic tokens, but if they're hard/long enough, why not.

    I kinda like where this is going, a free epic pack is very nice, and it's prolly a way to give freebies some nice gear/testing ground in preparation for tougher content (21-25 I guess). I think that this + CC + mabar should provide decent end game gear even if you're completely F2P, good job turbine.
    dont forget the u12.. it is still possible for a f2p player to obtain all the gear from it... doesnt matter if it will be slower.
    There are some nice weapons and armors in there.

  18. #18
    Community Member Sarisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnsfire View Post
    Does anyone still run epic quests for tokens anymore? Since challenges much more token friendly I would have thought even F2p folks would just save their entry tokens for a few days and run those for epics. Epic quests are just for seals, scrolls and shards now.
    Very little, aside from eDA.

    It's become extremely difficult to fill the more fun and interesting epics, like Small Problem, Deeps, or VoN3.

  19. #19
    Founder Solmage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Top of the world, aka Canada
    Posts
    4,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SEMPER View Post
    Honestly I think they need to redo epic tokens all over again , possibly in the new quests depending on what they will be set at , but most definitely in the old. I can run Labor Shortage lvl 21 or higher in 10 mins and get a token when some of these epic quests take twice that time or more and i get fragments... its time to look into making all epic quests drop tokens and keep the fragments for the candy bags that drop on the groud imho
    I agree with this, no quest should drop this fragment nonsense. Baseline should be 1 token, and go from there. Use fragments as bonuses for optionals completed (yet still only available from the end chest)
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

  20. #20
    Community Member FengXian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dudulinka View Post
    dont forget the u12.. it is still possible for a f2p player to obtain all the gear from it... doesnt matter if it will be slower.
    There are some nice weapons and armors in there.
    Good point I forgot it 'cause I haven't started grinding challenges yet^^ Yep, very nice gear there too, and huge level range.
    Cannith - Juzam, Fighter 8 Ranger 6 Monk 6 AA/ Orocarn, Wraith 12 Stalwart Defender 6 Rogue 2 / Taigongwanng, Sorc TRing - Alleanza degli Uomini Liberi/Guardiani di Eberron

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload