Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MsEricka View Post
    I was told previously that they would be available in the store, and would drop in chests like other store items do. But I was not able to stay online at that time to have a conversation about them so I do not know if they will be available from a vendor.
    Ugh, that doesn't sound promising. Dropping in chests like "other store items do" sounds like it won't be available from Vendors.

Thanks for the info.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    It's not core rules, but I like it anyway.
    Core is a 2 pound pouch for 5gp that contains "all the material components and focuses needed for spellcasting". i.e. none of these silly hoops that Turbine makes us jump through that they erroneously think enhances game play.

I'm quite impressed with them other than I think the weight could come down. Perhaps to 50% of what they currently are if they are vendor purchased. If they are store purchased only I would expect the weight to be 10% of what they currently are.
    The problem is, as I understand it, that they can only adjust the weight for a single item unit (as opposed to a stack). The lowest decimal the game's weight uses is 0.01, which is what components (both the current old ones and these new ones) already weigh each. Despite some people in the thread saying otherwise, the new ones are indeed exactly the same weight as the old ones.

So the current stacks of 1000 weigh 10 lbs each, while the new stack of 10000 weighs 100 lbs. And while it seems like oh wow its 10000... thats almost how many components most folks carry currently (9 stacks of 1k each). So really its all kind of the same thing, the new version just takes less inventory space. Useful sure, but not the worlds biggest deal. Its a step in the right direction.

Unless they show a new way to implement smaller factions of weight (0.005 or 0.001 for example) we are stuck between two values. And from the little I know about coding, I think adding a whole decimal place to how the game checks things is actually kind of complicated, though I could be wrong. But for now, either the new stack of 10k weighs 100 lbs, or it weighs 0 lbs.

And from what I've seen here and elsewhere, the 0.01 value is universally thought of as a pointless infliction which does not enhance game play in any meaningful way. So, I'm hoping they change it over to the 0 value.

Would love to see these as a purchasable favor reward from The Twelve.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by dkyle View Post
    Ugh, that doesn't sound promising. Dropping in chests like "other store items do" sounds like it won't be available from Vendors.

Thanks for the info.
    DDO store only?
    *sigh*
    No thanks Devs.

Please if you're going to put these in the game make them at the very least unlockable by favor and purchasable for platinum somewhere.

Otherwise... Nice try, and no thank you.
    I'd rather see a spell components bag purchasable by TP. (And that IS something I'd buy.)
    Last edited by danotmano1998; 02-03-2012 at 03:52 PM.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

I would really like these to be available from vendors for plat. A very large portion of the population will likely just skip what is otherwise an awesome addition to the game if they are DDO store only. The % of people that buy these for real world money would probably be the same % that buys DDO store cure crit potions instead of vendor cure serious pots... basically 1% or less by my guess. If I'm a caster that has any intention of spending actual money in the store, I can guarantee it will be for something useful like SP pots and not for a convenience item like this. I've already noted the TP price on standard components as far too ridiculous for me to ever pay. I can only imagine how much they would charge for this.
    Last edited by redspecter23; 02-03-2012 at 03:58 PM.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

ok, so here's my thoughts.

1) Omnispell components should have no weight at all
    2) They should be store and vendor purchasable
    3) They should be vendor purchasable at a low cost with 250 12 favor and be BTC
    3) They should act like a plat sink if bought from regular vendors

Really even as a plat sink, we're still going to have toons running around with capped platinum. But it might help to get rid of some of the money out there.

Being a favor reward from the 12 was actually suggested by TheDearLeader to me a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by DDOWiki
    Current maximum possible The Twelve favor is 342 as of U11

store only=fail

if it was a one time purchase that made it unlimited I could swallow it, but making a consumable like this store and drop only will basically keep me from purchasing it just like BTC bags
    Fallen former minion of the Gelatinous Cube
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

With what sounds like another effectively store only item I must say yet another waste of developer time.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

I definitely would LOVE to see these available from a vendor in the Twelve when you become an Official Member of the Twelve or w/e. Maybe along with a Mark of the Twelve for some cool crafting effect.

I don't think that the weight is a huge issue at all. No reason to carry more than a couple thousand at any given time, and 20 lbs for enough components to blast away merrily for a dozen or more quests seems great by me.

As someone who's an idiot who's given to running out of a certain component sometimes, however, I can only imagine how badly I could ruin my day by running out of my omnispell components mid-quest out of sheer laziness. :P

Akrites: 10 Wiz (TRed Bard), Oakianus: 20 Wiz and Odanta: 20 Monk. All on Khyber, because I love drama.

I really dont see the big deal here... Sure it would be nice if this item would be avaiable in game for a decent price, but I dont really mind carrying around 12-15 stacks of components (2k to 4k of the spell levels I use the most) and certaintly wouldnt spend real $ for a few extra inventory spaces lol.

Just IMHO.
    If you are reading this, that probably means I am broadcasting live @ http://www.twitch.tv/ZonixxTV

The Twelve Favor idea is golden. Not only does it make perfect fluff sense, it makes good game sense, and puts these into the reach of the population which both needs them the most and is able to best afford it platinum wise. It also prevents it from automatically making regular components immediately obsolete, which I think is a good thing too.

Q) Do you know where they will be purchasable from?
    No, I just know at one point last week that I was told they would be available in the store and found in chests like other store items.

Q) Have you tested stoneskin, death pact and trap the soul?
    I test stoneskin and death pact myself and they both used the Omnispell Stone. TheDearLeader tested out Trap The Soul and it does indeed replace the need for khyber dragonshards. Trap the Soul was tested on an 11-20HD mob and on a 21-30HD mob
    Even though I am pretty generous when it comes to buying out of the store, I don't see spending TP on a regularly consumed item like spell components.

I most likely will just save any looted Stone components for when I need to cast trap the soul for crafting.

To me, it is a good idea if it was a plat sink and/or favor reward. If it is just TP and a some here and there in the loot system, then I will continue using the extra few inventory slots for the old components.
    Ghallanda: Save the newbie, save the world.

ok, so here's my thoughts.

1) Omnispell components should have no weight at all
    2) They should be store and vendor purchasable
    3) They should be vendor purchasable at a low cost with 250 12 favor and be BTC
    3) They should act like a plat sink if bought from regular vendors

Really even as a plat sink, we're still going to have toons running around with capped platinum. But it might help to get rid of some of the money out there.

Being a favor reward from the 12 was actually suggested by TheDearLeader to me a few days ago.
    I know that it's already mentioned that I had the idea for this, but I want to say it again.

YEEEEEEES!

250 Favor from the Twelve - Honorary Member of the Twelve.

What do we get for it? "Oh...that's nice."
    What *did* we get for it? Huge Ingredients Bag. Shade reported this. It got pulled almost immediately after making it to Lammania when we could first get that much Twelve Favor.
    What *should* we get for it? - Access to a Twelve Vendor that will give us these Omnispell Tasties.

Do. It. Yesterday. That means NAO!

I know it's not definite that this is DDO store only, but I was running a few numbers in my head just in case it is. You'd be buying these two items basically to save yourself approximately 10 inventory slots. So a net savings of 8 inventory slots. That's basically the only real advantage here, saving 8 slots. I can buy an entire page of inventory from the DDO store (20 slots) that lasts the entire life of the toon and never have to pay for it again. I'm not liking the idea of "renting" 8 inventory slots over the course of the life of a toon. Not liking that one bit. Please make this a vendor/favor reward as well as DDO store.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

do omni components work for trap the soul?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenalth View Post
    Would love to see these as a purchasable favor reward from The Twelve.
    This, very much this.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

1) They should have weight. I'm sorry, but if your character is burdened by 10 lbs, then you need to reroll.

2) Store only would mean they'd almost never get bought, ever. Not unless it was like 5 store points for a stack of 10,000.

Ericka, did you try splitting a few off and then recombining the stack? Dev may be able to give you a stack of 10,000, but do they really stack that high if they don't come from a dev?
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

So .. this is their alternative to still not making a spell component bag?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast