Default What does the Spare Hand add to?

For monks?

I know that it adds it's Combat Mastery bonus to your Stun and Sunder DCs, but what else? Does it add to:

• Touch of Death?
    • Finishers?
    • Unbalancing Strike?
    • Quivering Palm?
    • Shining Star?
    • Shintao special attacks?
    • (non-monk) Assassinate?
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

The obvious ones + eagle claw and unbalancing strike is I think all you get.

Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    The obvious ones + eagle claw and unbalancing strike is I think all you get.
    Are those confirmed as working with Combat Mastery?

Are you sure nothing else benefits from it?
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    Are those confirmed as working with Combat Mastery?

Are you sure nothing else benefits from it?
    Oh uhh the shintao stun(s) also. Never played a light monk that high so not as sure on the names.

There was a detailed post recently that had it all but don't know where it is, perhaps exercise some searchfu?

General theme was that the mastery works on abilities that are like other abilities that already get it; (ranged) stun, eagle claw (like sunder) etc

Not 100% on unbalancing but fairly certain it was in the list iirc.

Yeah, I was being lazy.

A little searching turned up a post that indicated that the Spare Hand adds to:
    Stunning Fist (Stunning)
    Stunning Blow (Stunning)
    Ku Kan Do (Stunning)
    Trip (Vertigo)
    Improved Trip (Vertigo)
    Unbalancing Strike (Vertigo)
    Sunder (Shatter)
    Improved Sunder (Shatter)
    Eagle Claw Attack (Shatter)

That has me thinking that I should take Adept of Water, and should find a way to work a Vertigo item into my gear, though I'm not sure it would be worth the DPS loss to swap weapons for this unless we had a couple rogues in the party.

My DC should be:
    10 base
    10 half monk level
    15 Wis bonus (16 base +3 tome +3 enh +7 item +2 ship +2 cap +2 alc +3 exc +2 Yugo =40)
    5 Exceptional Combat Mastery
    ____

Not great for raid bosses (does Unbalancing Strike work on them?), but not bad. Vertigo could get that up to a 50, which is pretty good...about 50% on Epic LoB I think, if it works on him. Does it cause Fortification to be ignored for SA, or just allow SA when you wouldn't otherwise get them (when you have aggro)?

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    My DC should be:
    10 base
    10 half monk level
    15 Wis bonus (16 base +3 tome +3 enh +7 item +2 ship +2 cap +2 alc +3 exc +2 Yugo =40)
    5 Exceptional Combat Mastery
    ____

10 wraps (stun or shatter)
    ____
    in red

Pretty much no-fail stuns. I'll let you know once I've finished making them.
    Stay Hasted My Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by SensaiRyu View Post
    in red

Pretty much no-fail stuns. I'll let you know once I've finished making them.
    I was referring to Unbalancing Strike, for which I can't imagine carrying around a Vertigo weapon.

Community Member

no-fail stuns
    /confirmed

I just made the spare hand tonight. 50 dc with ship buffs and wraps. Cleared amrath without failing a single stun. Can't wait to try epics/elite amrath.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nebogloee View Post
    /confirmed

I just made the spare hand tonight. 50 dc with ship buffs and wraps. Cleared amrath without failing a single stun. Can't wait to try epics/elite amrath.
    Please let us know.

Community Member

A 50 DC is more than enough to run Elite Amrath. I stun all the time with a 49. I rarely miss and I have run all the Amrath content on Elite and run Epics all the time. In epics you will get the odd save, but it is exceedingly rare in all but the most difficult Epics.

Quote Originally Posted by edgarallanpoe View Post
    A 50 DC is more than enough to run Elite Amrath. I stun all the time with a 49. I rarely miss and I have run all the Amrath content on Elite and run Epics all the time. In epics you will get the odd save, but it is exceedingly rare in all but the most difficult Epics.
    Agreed. Water III only gives me +1. I use it sometimes in epic for the added saves around traps and dancing dudes and such. For stuns... I'm around 45 iirc and don't see many stun saves in epics.
    Stay Hasted My Friend.

Community Member

Ran some epics tonight. 50 DC was about 10% or less fail on echrono mobs. I kept a few bloodplate armourer mobs stun-locked. Will try eda tomorrow. I can remember just hitting level 20 on my first life and feeling like I accomplished something when I hit 40DC. The belt is a fine piece of gear.

Is the double strike from belt and alch wraps stacking and somewhat confirmed?? Thats the only thing stopping me from making a belt, and regearing around epic von belt.