Community Member

Default Looking for a few old school D&D players

Aged Wizard is looking to adventure with small group of stout characters on Thelanis.

Be warned: This is an attempt to rally a few players around a "moc" tabletop environment and try to play as we once did with PnP. Voice chat will definetely be used because talking while drawing our map on the graph paper is what we did.
    If you're in the mood for a little light Role-Playing and you hate power-playing, by all means, sound off.
    Looking for 3-4 characters of 4-5th level.

Do you adventure most of the time in "Sneak" mode? Well, I call it Carefull Creeping, and it's the PnP way.
    Do you (or would you) talk to the other characters as you creep for fun and coordination?
    Is the Fighter for First Line Defense? Does the Rogue signal when they spot a secret door?
    Is the Archer at your back ready to provide ranged support? How about that Wizard?

DDO can be fun to try and try to put those tabletop gaming sessions back on the table! (So to speak)

I'll give it a go if youll have me.I'll create a char on Thelanis and then post here what his name is if thats ok?
    My main chars are on Khyber, but this sounds like fun. Only on question, are you in UK or US of A? Because I am in UK, I regularly miss events, because I am going offline just as folks are going on over there.
    Willibold,Hesteban,Tooflower,Commabayou,Skummspawn ,Machiavehlli,,and Dramoh.
    Look out for them in-game.Tyrs Paladium on the big G ftw

sry, please ignore this post
    Willibold,Hesteban,Tooflower,Commabayou,Skummspawn ,Machiavehlli,,and Dramoh.
    Look out for them in-game.Tyrs Paladium on the big G ftw

Community Member

Hmmm.....surprising........no other posts that is.
    Last edited by intruder1; 02-04-2012 at 08:04 AM.

Hello! I've done this before with RL friends and it was a blast Thelanis is my original server so i have a large stable of toons and resources there but I do not play on that server anymore.

If you plan on setting up a set time/day etc. then count me in. Most of my toons are probably over 12 but I could start a new one with ease. I am VIP so I'll have access to all content.
    Yes, I really did like the old red tent. And its music.

What day/time are ye planning to play? I'd be interested in givin' it a go, but only if I can go full rogue. Might be tough for me otherwise, since I do tend to zerg a bit and have a habit of pointing out where traps are and such...would be easier for me if I was squishy AND handled traps.
    Yazston the Invoker, Nyyarlathotep, Thongo Stonesplitter, Stumpvvater Jack, Iaug Sothoth, Egostu Theman, Hastuur D'Rlyeh,
    Vehnison Deerslayer, Guendaril Kherras, Khaloss Meierson, Haestan Cloudreaver, Ygolonac
    Member of The Madborn

Community Member

I started a thread a few weeks back, basically looking for the same thing.. So far not many responces. I have been playing with one other person on thelanis, but only have done so a few times. I do know he said he was looking for a static group.

I was looking for something durring the week, and evening, EST.. I defiantly want to recreate the table top, and forget all this powergaming, rush, i need to get to lvl 20, and phat loot... I just want to have fun! Some of my most memorable experainces in dnd have been the failed dungeons.. Not the time i slayed the dragon..

Community Member

Hmmm....seems like there are Kindred Souls out there afterall.
    First step (I would think) is to meet. Might I suggest the Wayward Lobster?
    This week I have quite a bit of free time Mon-Weds. As I am East Coast USA (-5GMT),
    I can be found at the Inn from 6-10pm EST. If you're around and interested, stop by and get aquainted.
    I realize this is quite late for anyone in the UK. Sorry.

We can sit around the table with a pint or two and party up to use voice-chat and discuss future adventuring.
    Look for Ezeikiel, a middle-age Human Male.

Allrighty, then...I'll have someone from my stable sidle up and have a talk with ye. (probably not the toon I would use, since I don't have a rogue I like set up yet) I'll probably be on the early end of that time slot, since I have groups I tend to run with on those nights, but I'm sure I can work something out, especially if the times everyone's available tend to be 6-10pm in range EST on weeknights.

Then, perhaps, ye can see if I'd fit. I'm an old school PnP player (started with 2nd ed.), and I like the idea, but my playstyle in DDO, especially at the lower levels, is usually rather aggressive. That's why I'm hoping being a pure rogue assassin PRE might slow me down a bit, so that I can take advantage of the sneaking and hold myself back from shouting "THE TRAP BOX IS OVER THERE!".
    Yazston the Invoker, Nyyarlathotep, Thongo Stonesplitter, Stumpvvater Jack, Iaug Sothoth, Egostu Theman, Hastuur D'Rlyeh,
    Vehnison Deerslayer, Guendaril Kherras, Khaloss Meierson, Haestan Cloudreaver, Ygolonac
    Member of The Madborn

Community Member

Check out this thread. It's where I put the Journal as to how things are going.
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=362110