Default Game theft could be real theft

Something interesting I came across

Heh, I saw that earlier. Then I thought to myself, isn't the fact he is playing Runescape punishment enough?
    I'm piking at work.
    I disarm traps........with my face!
    How do I know that I am better than you are? Because I'm in Thrudh's signature and you're not. That's how.

Winnipeg Canada

isn't the fact he is playing Runescape punishment enough?
    lol @ Truth

The suspect's lawyer had argued the amulet and mask "were neither tangible nor material and, unlike for example electricity, had no economic value."
    Intangible goods have value. Ask any lawyer to give you 5 minutes of their time for free and see what happens

ok ok bad joke, but gamers put time, effort and money into their games and to be robbed at knifepoint for your virtual goods should be the same as any other type of robbery.

Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D

So that dude on youtube whose girlfriend deleted all his WOW toons while he was on a soda run could totally sue her for the dollar value associated with the amount of time he put into the game?

Last edited by Chai; 01-31-2012 at 04:27 PM.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Right here!

One would think the physical assault and threat with a deadly weapon would be enough to prosecute without having to consider the loss of something in a game as being theft.
    This is what I was immediately wondering about.
    We've got three kinds of players here: Those who play DDO like it's WoW, those playing like it's Dungeons & Dragons, and those playing like it's a generic first person shooter. Choose your advice accordingly.