Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Level 1, for the last time. Win or lose, this is my final attempt.
    I went WF, I took Augment Summoning, 17 Dex, 17 Int. I will seek a dex favor tome, but level ups in INT.
    I skip the initial quest. The espresso machine is once again ready for adventure!

Quests Ran: Korthos Village normal, Redemption, Necro and Sacrifices normal.
    Notes: Feeling good about it so far.
    Level up gains: Leveling to 2 gains me a BAB, Rune Arm use, and I take crossbow damage and dr. I train Niko differently this time, he’s a baaaad dong, and a hunter of boxes and he also too some adamantine plating.
    Off to level 2.
    Nightbreak currently (July 2015) life 50 something with no idea of what the final will be.

Proud officer of ArchAngels.

Default And we hit 3

Level 2 begins with some sadness, I decide to do an MP normal. For the love of Ray J, I hate this quest.

Quests Ran: Harbor Solos
    Hard: Misery and Cannith Crystal
    Normal: Info, Gamblers, Lighthouse, Bonebite, Butcher’s Path.

Notes: Having Niko hunt boxes is awesome!

Level 2 is now concluded, on to 3. I have a lot of chores to finish in level 3, it’s my last chance to at level elite the level 1 quests, so I better start off with those.

Notable Loot: Butcher’s Path end reward was a shocking touch light repeater. Slight upgrade.

Leveling Gains:
    +1 BAB, Toughness as a feat, Flame Arrow as a spell.
    For enhancements, I select Damage and skill boosts, improved rune arm use and racial toughness. 67 Hit points to start level 3. Niko selects reinforced armor laughing about his superior 90 hit points.
    Nightbreak currently (July 2015) life 50 something with no idea of what the final will be.

Trying again, since I just got back in game. Koshervegan Power (I lold was going for all the hippe things I could think of) is a half-Elf druid. I took toughness and cleric dilly, 16-8-14-8-18-8. Gonna be interesting.

This is the new one, mostly meleeing my way through it. Got down to 1 hit point during MP elite. You prolly alreayd know where, with the two levers and the big packs of mobs. Yeah...

OK, so…I did Korthos town all 4 1x on normal and got level 2. Druid seems kinda fun, like a non-ranged artificer so far. Well, let’s go level and see what happens next.

Well, so for the most part I think Arti pets are better, at least so far. I did island on hard (not MP) and village elite and am nearing level 3. I’m gonna go to Cerulean, hit 3, and then see if I can upgrade some gear. What the hell is this monster manual thing I seemed to have earned 300 xp for? Gotta see about these changes. Speaking of…holy **** getting into a dungeon took me a good minute the first time.
    OK, I hit 3, took empower healing and finished off the Island, including MP on elite. 3:30 am, I’m off to bed. Planning on some Harbor elites tomorrow, but I have a ton of errands to run so….we’ll see.

THe one above died, mainly due to waggro. Well, toddler aggro to be more correct, since he was the one that who succeeded on his diplo check and shipped the aggro to me.

Current plan is 2 monk, 1 ranger, 17 druid. Human (I know, rare-ish for me).
    Going Druid, Monkx2, Ranger, Druidx (hopefully) 16.
    I went 16-8-14-8-18-8. Toughness and empower healing.

Level 1 Boring

Quests Ran: Korthos Village normal, wilderness SRE until I got xp to level to 2. Taking monk

Normal:

Notes: Standard runs, slow punching with wraps. Got the fintan near end of xp. Big difference. I took a second toughness, to figure it out more later.

Notable Loot: lol

Leveling Gains: A second toughness, better punchy power.

Level 2 a bit better

Quests Ran: Korthos Island on hard, Osgood, Gambler’s and lighthouse and cerulean until I got xp for 3.

Notes: Nothing really to report, here.

Notable Loot: lol

Leveling Gains: A second toughness, better punchy power. Going to level 3, I took Zen Archery and Empower Spell.

Level 3 a bit better, but slow. DPS isn’t great but no real scares.

Quests Ran: Korthos Island and Village elites. Osgood, Gambler’s Bonebite, Butcher’s and Durk’s on hard.

Notes: Winning by attrition.

Notable Loot: +1 acid wraps, +1 fire q-staff

Leveling Gains: I took Ranger. Going rest druid. Favored Enemy for now is undead. +1 wis on level up, got another BAB. Going to look for gear and call it another night.

Default Another two failed attempts

Level 1

Quests ran:
    Korthos Village and redemption on normal.

Decent Loot pulls: None.

Notes:
    Heyton died x2 in Redemption, so I swapped out for grease and cc saved the day.

Favor: na

LEVEL UP NOTES Rune Arm

Level 2

Quests ran:
    Waterworks normal, seeking rune arm

Decent Loot pulls: The rune arm, everything else was garbage

Notes: The ranged helps a lot, but when mobs get close, I felt much stronger with the druid, the self-healing, and such. Grease…see a pile of mobs, grease ‘em and pick ‘em off before they get up. Arty pets bug out a lot more than Druid ones.

LEVEL UP NOTES: I took the flame arrow right off, have 4 numbers with a shock repeater I got off of AH for 1500 plat. Nearly broke me.

Level 3

Quests ran:
    Elite: All of Korthos, Osgood’s and Gambler’s.

Decent Loot pulls: Goggles of invisibility, 1x clickie

Notes: Questing goes slowly, but I didn’t get close, and having played my other arti a bit, am more used to the movements and class in general. The arti pet is not nearly as good as druid ones, it bugs out far too often.

LEVEL UP NOTES: Yay, +1 intel, a feat (weapon focus: ranged), aps on crossbow attack and elemental weapons spell. Decent increase to ranged ability, so far. I found a +1 Ghost Touch repeater on AH. Am flat broke now.

Level 4

Quests ran: Durk’s. died in Butcher’s going for named and got held

Now planning 9 monk, 11 druid. Monkx3, druidx11, monkx6.
    16-15-14-8-15-8 half elf, barb dilly, toughness and twf.

Level 1

Quests ran: Korthos village, sre to level 2

Decent Loot pulls: none yet

Notes: a little light dps but better survivability

LEVEL UP NOTES: took second toughness

Level 2

Quests ran: WW part 1, in part 2 Arlos started throwing a dagger in the ceiling and remained bugged out the entire time. I did the zombies, the shaman, etc. He just bugged out. I decided to double recall, sell repair and try again. Pretty annoyed, ran durks, bonebite and some sre to hit 3. Decent Loot pulls: +1 thundering wraps

Notes:

LEVEL UP NOTES:

Level 3

Quests ran: WW pt 2 normal, Korthos Village and Stopping elite. Osgood’s, Gambler’s on hard, Korthos Island on elite and SRE to get 2 points past leveling 

Decent Loot pulls: +1 q-staff of lacerating. Uhm, hell yeah! Will work for druid as well.

Notes: Much better at level 3. The difference was so large I nearly debated remaining pure monk, but I’ve wanted to try this idea out, so I will continue as planned.

Favor: 100 total.

LEVEL UP NOTES: Up to 102 hit points. Shillelagh, Lesser vigor and a really weak pet. Off to Brokers and AH to look for some gear on my 2k plat. Baller!

Level 4

Quests ran:
    Elite: Haverdasher, Durk’s, Butcher’s, Garrison’s, Bonebite, Lighthouse, Osgood’s, Gambler’s
    Normal: WW 3&4, Baudry’s Elite…died in part 3 zerging. Shaman put a lightning upside as the hammer to the named’s anvil.

Decent Loot pulls: Durk’s gave me a muckbane and end reward a feather falling ring,

Notes: Partway through I thought to myself, *** was I thinking with that augment summoning? Off to Lockania I went, and swapped for power attack.

Favor: Coin Lords I

Trying same idea, one more time.

Default Just hit level 5!

Dwarf 16-14-16-8-16-6 Monk 9, Druid 11

Level 1

Quests ran:
    Normal: Village.

Decent Loot pulls: n/a

Notes: more dps, less defense than previous version.

LEVEL UP NOTES: Evasion, toughness, moar saves, blah blah. Gonna run some level 2’s on normal hoping for loots.

Level 2

Quests ran:
    Solo: The four harbor ones
    Normal: Durk’s, Haverdasher, Bonebite, WW parts 1 and 2.

Decent Loot pulls: +1 shock quarterstaff

Notes: Dps not bad, but I am certainly taking in some more damage than before. Off to buy some pots.

LEVEL UP NOTES: Fists of light and…weapon focus: bludgeoning.

Level 3

Quests ran:
    Normal: WW, parts 3 and 4.
    Elite all Korthos.

Decent Loot pulls:

Notes: I am kinda falling in love with Cleave. Jump in the middle of a mob, press the “4” button on my laptop and see if 4 or more die. That 1 DR from Barbarian dilettante is huge! I sorely miss it but will likely get the Korthos set with a DR to substitute.

Favor: 100 total

LEVEL UP NOTES: +1 wisdom, shillelagh and vigor. I’m kinda excited about it  104 hps

Level 4

Quests ran:
    Elite: Osgood, Gambler’s, Lighthouse, Bonebite, Baudry Chain, Garrison’s, Butcher’s, Durk’s, Haverdasher’s.
    Hard: WW parts 1&2.

Decent Loot pulls: Durk’s end reward +2 handwraps of lacerating, oooh yeah and a belt of heroism 1x clickie end reward Haverdasher.

Notes:

Favor: Coin Lords 1, 200 total favor.

LEVEL UP NOTES:

Wolf Form, Ram's might, BAB and another level of wisdom (16 in fire stance)

Default Level 6 again!

Level 5

Quests ran: SRE, total clearing of map of Searing Heights
    Hard: Waterworks 3&4
    Elite: Waterworks. Tangleroot 1-2, the SREs with that gave me 6.

Decent Loot pulls: +3 undead guard robe with a large guild slot, for one. A few ebberon shards (smalls)

Notes: I haven’t yet used wolf form on a more non druid than druid, so I went to SH to test it out in the explorer zone. It was kinda fun, so I didn’t stop until the map was dead. Had one dicey part, rest was pretty boring. Almost died in both Tangleroots.

LEVEL UP NOTES: Empower healing, some messe dup Aps to get another toughness enhancement for 10 more hit points.

I died very early in my first quest at level 6, Irestone elite. Tripped and never recovered. After the beat down I received, and a little more of a feel for the Druid class, I’m going druid. I will possibly end up adding fighter levels for feats, but…I will decide on that a little later.

Level 1 was Korthos normal, 31% bonus xp got me to 2. Then Haverdasher, Osgood’s, Gambler’s and Bonebite normal, followed by Cerulean SRE to get to 3. Remaining pure so far. I follow this up with a Korthos village and island elite runs and an Osgood’s and Gambler’s to get to Druid 4. I have 101 hitpoints, and am soon to head to sleep. Sorry for lack of detail.

POLICY CHANGE: I have thought about this, and I know that several permadeath guilds have a somewhat decent amount of renown built up. Therefore, I am no longer forgoing ship buffs and am now willing to use them. If this cheapens the experience for you, please, feel free to conduct your own experiment with rules and conditions more suitable for your own tastes. I wholly support you enjoying the game as you wish to.
    Level 4

Quests ran:
    Elite: Lighthouse, Bonebite, Garrison’s, Butcher’s, Durk’s, Baudry chain, WW 1&2

Decent Loot pulls: +1 club of lacerating

Favor: Coin Lord 1, Total favor 200

Notes:

LEVEL UP NOTES: Level 3 spells, +2 str from Aps.

Level 5

Quests ran:
    Elite: WW parts 3&4, Tangleroot parts 1&2, Catacombs (all but last), Kobold Assault

Decent Loot pulls:

Favor: 300 Favor

Notes:

LEVEL UP NOTES: OK, really starting to come into my own now. Let’s see how level 6 goes, though, as it has in general been a rough one for this project. I took Cleave, andam looking to get some fighter levels in there soon, but 7 is new spells, 8 winter wolf, 9 new spells…

Default Seven!

Level 6

Quests ran:
    Elite: Catacombs, final, Tangleroot (level 4 base), Depths of Despair and Darkness, Irestone Inlet!, A complete SRE clearing of Searing Heights, Sorrowdusk, Tangleroot and enough slayers again in SH to get to 200 gives me xp for level 7.

Decent Loot pulls:

Favor:

Notes: Catacombs was pretty cool, a long fight. I used a fireward trap on the steps for the arcane, and basically got the boss with the cheap version of a DoT…throw in some special attacks and I won a battle of attrition. So far so good in Tangleroot, I’m casting on the clerics above past the blade and spin traps to draw them down. I’m not confident in a 10 reflex saving my bacon on elite. I’m quite pleased to report a successful solo of Irestone with a +1 club of lacerating equipped.

LEVEL UP NOTES: CSW from spells, harrowing pack are on the order. I gotta make it to 8 since I want a better wolf form lol!

Default I've hit level 8!!!!!

Level 7

Quests ran:
    Elite: I finished all of Tangleroot! Necropolis, Heart chain flagging quests
    Hard: Bloody Crypt.

Decent Loot pulls:

Favor: House P 1, Total 400, Silver Flame 1

Notes: Tangleroot was awesome!!! I was nervous as can be running through the trap…one slip and all that work is for naught. Got Visors, too. Required equipment for a PD. The end bosses on the Necropolis chain had me very worried, but I have basically been using creeping cold as a DoT and pretending I was a FVS. Nearly bought the farm doing an optional in one of them, so I stopped messing around with summoning circles. I wish I could get some good lots  Wearing undead guard armor is a big help. Bloody Crypt ended a 41 Elite Bravery Bonus, created a 42 Hard BB. Got xp for 8.

LEVEL UP NOTES:

So, my bad, I forgot about Delara’s part 1. I’m not missing out on this chain, so I am running it anyway, soon as I get up!

I died like a fool in the second cold trap in Delara's part 1, by the arcane skellie. Grrr.

Going 3 rogue, 6 fighter, 11 druid. 16-14-14-12-14-8 with power attack and toughness.

Level 1

Quests ran:
    Normal: Korthos Village.

Decent Loot pulls:

Favor:

Notes:

LEVEL UP NOTES: Fighter gave me more weapons I can use, and options for later. I intend on stalwart 1, if I can get there, I selected cleave.

Level 2

Quests ran:
    Hard: Necro, Sacrifices
    Normal: Osgood’s, gambler’s, bonebite

Decent Loot pulls: Bracers of parrying (extra chest, redemption) and +1 natural armor necklace (same place I believe, on a run where Heyton didn’t make it)

Favor:

Notes:

LEVEL UP NOTES: Now I look like a total idiot, 1 level of druid, fighter and rogue. I took empower.

Level 3

Quests ran:
    Elite: Korthos village and island.
    Normal: Waterworks parts 1&2
    Solo: All harbor level 3s

Decent Loot pulls:

Notes: Not bad, we’ll learn more on level 4.

LEVEL UP NOTES: Took Fighter with an ability bump and ap in strength

Level 4

Quests ran:
    Elite: Durks, Haverdasher, Osgoods, Gamblers, lighthouse, Baudry chain, bonebite, garrison’s, butchers, smugglers, missing in action and sunken sewer
    Normal: WW parts 3&4

Decent Loot pulls: Boots of FF (WW end reward),

Favor: Coin Lord 1, Free Agents 1, Total 200

Notes: I have really put out a beating on mobs this level. I decided to do all level 2s (aside from the eye fo the kobold one) as favor is nice, and better chance at loot while I’m at level. Overall impression is like a boss. 105,806 xp when I level.

LEVEL UP NOTES: Lots of my next few quests will have more and more traps, and I’m more and more not inclined to die in one, so I take rogue 2 for evasion, bolstering some skills and…ok nothing else really.

Default Level 5, pure melee

Level 5

Quests ran:
    Elite: Waterworks, Tangleroot (base 3s), STK part 1

Decent Loot pulls:

Favor:

Notes: I died from the necro in stk 1, got greedy for loots

Next build is: Dwarf pure fighter. Name: Permad Permadeath Fool

16-15-16-8-8-13 feat: Toughness

Level 1

Quests ran:
    Normal: Korthos Village, Redemption

Decent Loot pulls:

Favor:

Notes: Felt weird, no pet, no blue bar. Pretty straight forward, though.

LEVEL UP NOTES: Fighter, Power Attack

Level 2

Quests ran:
    Normal: Korthos Village, Redemption, Osgoods, Bonebite and Waterworks 1-2.

Decent Loot pulls:

Favor:

Notes: Arlos bugged out two times in a row and would not advance to the end of the quest. He’s really getting on my last nerve, throwing a dagger at the ceiling.

LEVEL UP NOTES: Paladin, and Force of Personality.

Level 3

Quests ran:
    Elite: Korthos, Village and Island.
    Normal: Waterworks 3,4.

Decent Loot pulls: Expeditious retreat boots in Stopping…now I feel like I’m zerging.

Notes: I take very little damage. Id id get low at one point in redemption elite, but since then I’ve taken little to know damage at all.

LEVEL UP NOTES: Fighter, a bump and an AP in strength, working on gear and going to bed, I will work on level 2 quests done on elite in the morning. I took Shield Mastery, not noticing dobule strikes though.
    Level 4

Quests ran:
    Elite: Garrison’s, Durk’s, Haverdasher, Osgood’s, Gambler’s, Lighthouse, Bonebite, Butcher’s, Waterworks (all, even though I leveled partway through, I held)

Decent Loot pulls: Large slot bracers

Favor: Coin Lords 1, total 200

Notes: Not bad, still relatively zerging. Named ogre in WW 3 nearly cashed a hit point check I didn’t have sufficient funds for, nothing else was even a slight worry.

LEVEL UP NOTES: Fighter 3, for level 5, gives not much. I did take an ap in tower shield to eke out another point of ac.

Default I hate mabar

Level 5

Quests ran:
    Elite: Tangleroot and Catacombs Level 3’s, the two in Cerulean

Decent Loot pulls:

Favor:

Notes: Self-healing is a little annoying.

LEVEL UP NOTES: Cleave and greater cleave.

Level 6

Quests ran:
    Elite: Irestone, end of Catacobm, all four Depths quests in D, Stand Your Ground, SRE in Searing Heights

Decent Loot pulls:

Favor: 300 total, 400 total, House P 1

Notes: Cleave and Greater Cleave sent my DPS through the roof! WOW what a difference it makes! I was smacking the living snot out of mobs in Irestone, and a +1 gt D Axe made short work of everything on top platform in catacombs finale. Loving those feats.

LEVEL UP NOTES:

Well I hit 7, and go to Delara's where I have near crippling lag spikes every few moments. Not really a huge deal, I'm dealing damage and surviving just fine and then...in the last fight...I get paused for about 30-45 seconds, I see 100+ hit poitns, then I see I'm dead. This. Sucks. It's horribly unfair. I don't think there should be these events if the game can't be stable enough to stop this absurd spiking in lag and freezing in the game. Maybe it is because I've been playing games where lag isn't so bad, maybe it's because I was rockin' a pure melee permadeath solo and doing well, at any rate...*sigh* Oh well, time to drive across America anyway.

Default Exploiter type fails

My attempt as an exploiter-ish build

Level 1

Quests ran:
    Korthos village normal, island SRE

Favor:

Notes:

LEVEL UP NOTES: Fighter, and Weapon Finesse

Level 2

Quests ran:
    Hard: Collab, necro’s, sacrifices
    Normal: Bonebite, Haverdasher, Gambler’s
    Elite: Storehouse
    Cerulean SRE 1x clearing map

Decent Loot pulls:

Favor:

Notes:

LEVEL UP NOTES:

Level 3

Quests ran:
    Elite: Korthos(village and island) Haverdasher, Osgood’s, Gambler’s, Lighthouse and some SRE

Decent Loot pulls:

Notes:

LEVEL UP NOTES: +1 ranger and elven dex, +1 ability raise dex, Elven To hit with rapiers.

Level 4

Quests ran:
    Elite: Bonebite, Smuggler’s Ruby, Stealthy Repo (both rarely ran, ever, by me) Garrison’s, Durk’s, Butcher’s, Bonebite

Decent Loot pulls:

Favor: Free Agents 1, Coin Lords 1, 200 total

Notes:

LEVEL UP NOTES: I need fortification, and the hit points are less than I’m used to, even in these projects. It is a lot of fun, and I am able to be sneaky, ranged while pulling and other benefits. If I can live a little longer, my happiness should only go up from here. I had to leave Missing in Action, the first dogs and trog were chewing me up. I scampered out of there with a lean 10 hps left.

Level 5

Quests ran:
    Elite: Waterworks,

Decent Loot pulls:

Favor:

Notes:

LEVEL UP NOTES: WW saw a few dicey places. Basically the hit point thing isn’t great and I’m unsure I will be able to make it to level 9 to take toughness. If I don’t, then I have to wait until then for Tempest 1. I ended up dying next to last part of Catacombs. I foolishly did not bring in enough healing. This shall be fixed, soon.

2 Paladin/Rest Sorc WF 16 Strength, Constitution and Charisma.

Level 1 (Paladin)

Quests ran:
    Korthos village normal, island SRE

Favor:

Notes: Pretty smooth.

Level 2 (Sorceror)

Quests ran:
    Elite: Korthos, all but Redemption, Sacrifices and MP
    SRE: Cerulean and Korthos

Favor:

Notes: Failed redemption 3 times, knocked off the others and got a way to heal Heyton (LoH). I suppose I could wand whip but as a wf, buying a cure mod wand seems a waste of money since I wouldn’t likely use it again until…what, Coyle? I do take a bit of damage, but think sleep helps a tremendous amount. I picked up a docent on AH that had light fort on it, even though it wasn’t in the name of the docent. I got the +1 of **** with light fort docent on the cheap though lol.

Level 3 (Paladin)

Quests ran:
    Elite: The non-ran Korthos ones, Osgood’s, Gambler’s, Bonebite
    Solo: The Harbor 4

Favor: 100 Total

Notes: I got incapped ( !!!! ) on Gambler’s but recovered.

Level 4, to be continued

You're very determined, that's respectable.

Personally i don't see why you'd scrap a toon when your wife needs you. That's something -outside- the game. If you die to some -inside-, like the necro in STK you mentioned - that's legit. Personally I wouldn't scrap a toon of this nature if I had to abandon a quest to deal with real life. But to each their own. Good luck!

Had a lot of fun reading over this. Planning to do something like this myself although not sure i will be up to detailing and listing it out as much as you are. I love the lower game stuff so it's fun for me to run through it and i look forward to starting a new character on yet another new server... considering going for wayfinder here as i will be going with a pretty strict rule set on myself. Hope to get my new computer tomorrow and maybe start this project in the next few days or next week. Thanks for writing out your exploits

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123