Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Levels 1-3 essentially the same as previous.

Level 4

Quests Ran: WW hard, Bonebite, Durk’s, Garrison’s, Haverdasher and Butcher’s elite, Catacombs hard (till last part, where I level right before).

Decent Loot pulls: +1 acid repeating hvy (1d6 versus 1) end reward ww hard.

Harbor notes:
    Butcher’s much smoother with grease! Muck spawned in Durks, but no muckbane. When I went to sell and repair, I saw a +1 kama of pg in the marketplace weapon broker. I paid around 1k plat for it, but now feel better about catacombs and undead quests. I know it is not uber, but getting past dr is important. I pick up 20 cure lights and decide to descend upon the Catacombs on hard. Turns out to be a waste fo 1k plat.

Catacombs notes:
    Well, the pure good kama not really slicing through too well, but on hard, I’ll keep plodding along. I will need to restock on some potions, however. I can’t selfheal forever as I did on the espresso machine. Remembering the anguish of this quest previously (crypt portion) I begin by taking out crypts. Takes a long time to complete that way, but I'll be the first to say perma death is about staying perma-alive.

Favor earned: 200

LEVEL UP NOTES (level 5,monk)
    Feat: Toughness
    Aps (Daybroke)
    fighter toughness, racial toughness and dilettante barbaridan dr (giving me 2 total now)

Leveling gains:
    37 hit points (or 50% more than I had before) evasion, and some more saves to go with a jump from 1 to 2 dr. Now let’s finish off Catacombs. It got a little hairy, but rune arm saved the day. I ended up taking out the arcane before Dryden. End rewards sucked so bad took me 10 minutes to decide on a ghost touch repeater.

Off to bed now, but tomorrow I expect to do ww elite, possibly catacombs elite, sharn hard, stk hard.
    Nightbreak currently (July 2015) life 50 something with no idea of what the final will be.

Proud officer of ArchAngels.

Default Last attempt for awhile, sitting JUST under level 4

Level 5

I died in ww part 3 on elite. Not being able to heal is a real drag. I also feel I didn’t make the build as well as I should have. The points in wisdom were especially wasteful.

After much consternation I’m going pure arti human 8 18 14 16 8 8. I debate dragonmarks of passage since DDoor would be awesome for me as a PD solo. I haven’t got to 6, and can’t take that particular one until then, however. Human gives extra skills and an extra feat. So….I end up augment summoning and point blank shot.

Had another misfire, so am trying yet again. I mean, I tried this one and died by the arcane skellie in sacrifices. No pots and acid arrow don’t mix. This will be my last attempt for a while. It’s a fun project, but…I’m tired of low end content. As I resolve that this will be my last attempt for quite some time (I might do a sublime character now and then, but as far as soloing…I have to get back to my other characters….so I’m going to be a little more thorough and cautious this run. I even bought starter light pots before leveling to 2. I did village normal, then hard and the island normal. Then I leveled to 2. I am going to take some healing amp this time around.

Level 2 is doing village and quests in the island on elite, until I hit 3, hitting it before MP. I still have Sacrifices to go when I hit the xp for 3, but I recall and level, taking toughness as a feat, cat’s grace as a spell.

Level 3. I run Sacrifices and MP elite to finish Korthos. I don’t mind the slower pace THAT much as I think it will lead to better things down the road. After that, first thing to do is Harbor solo quests.

Then I do Bonebite, Durks, and Info on hard. Waterworks on normal.
    I am barely under level 4. I am contemplating running catacombs normal until last part next but game servers have been down since I went to bed.
    Nightbreak currently (July 2015) life 50 something with no idea of what the final will be.

Maybe I missed it but what rules are you even playing under?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Ultimately you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it be a good player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant
    Please don't make posts like this, thanks.
    You can give a man fire and he will be warm for a day, but set him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Solo PD is tough enough and from your notes i sense you take it a bit lightly.... may be im wrong!?

Quote Originally Posted by Combat_Wombat View Post
    Maybe I missed it but what rules are you even playing under?
    At or under the current quest level of quest (chains I can use any part of the chain, but I won't abuse the differences in quest level)
    Only found loot/coins or what is available from actual vendors. (no AH)
    No res shrines
    No DDO store purchases
    Only solo, with pet/summons, but not hirelings. When a lever puller is needed such as Delara's part 2, I will clear the map to that point, then insert the lever puller (dual box it) who will take no other actions, then I will log the other account out.
    No running same dungeon on same difficulty
    Mostly I'm running while working technical support, I have to help out with actual chat support frequently, and supervise a small team of agents doing just that. It's nearly killed me twice, but just like that time I parked in Misery and had to afk in what I thought was a safe spot...that shiz count.

That's the gist of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by ddobard1 View Post
    Solo PD is tough enough and from your notes i sense you take it a bit lightly.... may be im wrong!?
    I'm sorry, what do you mean that I take it lightly? I'd really like to be part of a dedicated pd group maybe once a week, but at this time scheduling doesn't permit. I have nothing but respect for PD, and I find it is a good break from zerging/raiding and makes me a better player. I don't dismiss its value, or relevancy.

Default Level 4, catacombs stingy with loot.

I do the entire Catacombs series on normal, even the end fight, which nearly proved my undoing. I made it though, and my end reward was *sigh* an enternal cure light wand. Off to level!

LEVEL UP NOTES (level 4)
    Ability Point: Dexterity
    Feat: Rapid Shot
    Spell: Toughen Construct
    Aps (Daybroke) Wand and scroll mastery, crossbow attack spell points.
    (Niko) Adamantine plating and Reinforced armor.

Leveling gains: +3 to hit (1 BAB, 1 Dex making an even number of base dex (20 with a +1 item) and 1 from enhancement points. Niko is a little more formidable now, with 122 hit points and a buff all for him.

As an aside, I did a bolts fired count for catacombs. 1,923.
    Plans: The harbors I’ve done on hard on elite, WW hard, Catacombs hard, sharn normal. Unsure which order.
    Last edited by ariel7; 02-06-2012 at 09:11 PM. Reason: bolt count

Default Back to 5.

Level 4
    Before deciding on quests, I turn in collectibles, gaining me a wand of DSDx22 charges from Giles Goodman.

With 185 plat, I go adventuring. Garrison’s, Durk’s, Info, Haverdasher, Lighthouse, Bonebite are on the agenda, for elite. I am now about 12k from level 5. I plan on doing a hard ww and a normal sharn before leveling up. I elect to pass on catacombs hard, but will likely do elite next level. I will begin with Sharn. I have only +1 disable item, but with a heroism pot, I think I will be ok. I hope so. I got all of the traps in Bookbinder without a problem, so I’m feeling good going forward. I have my first tough end reward decision, impressive trophy (that’s 1400 for a 2 person guild), search +5 goggles or +2 dex boots. Since I basically perma cats grace, I decide on +5 search. Since my disable item is from Korthos, you never know when you’ll get something else to use. I enter repossession with trepidation. I SHOULD be ok, but should, would and could are dirty words in permadeath. It kinda sounds like an excuse for why someone died.
    Anyways, not even a second roll on the traps, so I got some bonuses. The end was silly easy. Chain end reward a greater ardor 3 q-staff. 60% healing spell potency should work with that potion thingy, and healing amp pretty nicely. I’m 2k from level, ww hard now. After part 2 I will level, mostly because I have to sell and manage inventory anyways.

I level to 5 choosing flame arrow as a spell. This could be quite foolish as I am unsure how well it will work, and I meant to test it out on my 8 artificer. Well, I shall give it a go, I never did get a scroll as I hoped. I take damage boost to finish pre-reqs for endless fusillade. Knowing my level 6 Aps are spoken for, I agonize over dex, versatility 2, or over-charged rune arm. I sigh greatly taking versatility.

Off to finish WW hard (still at level).

With lightly I meant: may be you werent careful enough with the quests chosen previously, like trying Sharn hard.....

I read you got around 5.... keep on pushing!

With lightly I meant: may be you werent careful enough with the quests chosen previously, like trying Sharn hard.....

I read you got around 5.... keep on pushing!
    Have xp for 6. Updating then going to sleep.

Level 5
    First of all, I step into Searing Heights to test flame arrow (well bolt). I can say it’s not bad, it adds 3.5 damage per bolt, (1d6) so that is not bad. One of the best graphics in the game, also. I need a quiver.

I buy a quiver for 6 plat to see the flame bolts won’t go in it. Eff me. Back to ww.
    My mouse acts screwy, so I spent about 45 minutes with hotkeys, etc swapping endlessly. What a drag.
    The quest is a bloodbath, I feel a little OP. My mouse is annoying me, I can’t raid until it feels natural again. Speaking of again, again no flame warden you dirty bastige! I jump on Str +1 Disable +3 gloves. Still want the other. Now for bed, but prolly elite ww and catacombs tomorrow, but a little unsure about that last battle. I might knock out a STK or something.

Notes on chains: I have decided that for chains, I consider a normal run of the whole thing for STK to be 4, Tangleroot 5, Delara’s 6. I know I said as long as I was able to go in any part, but I’m going to try it this way (averaging, rounding partials to the lower level, making it harder). I am currently doing chains I've began as they were stated orginally, so I might level first thing in the morning and finish out the catacombs. I'm going to take two dmark feats, giving up rapid shot until level 8. I want expeditious retreat and ddoor.

I find at the quality jewelry broker clever +2 disable +3 goggles, rr: human. That is effectively +4 disable, and I appreciate every +1 I can get. I think my to hit is enough to lose 1 with not wearing insight goggles now. I hate that, but…pathfinders have to come off eventually, too. I also decide I can’t spend so much time casting flame arrow. So for most purposes, I will just end up using toughen construct. After WW, I decide Tangleroot normal and a few other exactly at level house Ps in an attempt to get house p buffs. I buy 15 cure mod pots and am left with 286 plat. Oy.

After doing part 1 of Catacombs elite, I decide to saunter over to house P and do a few at level quests, I’m hoping to get a better than fire touch light repeater.

Quests ran: Last 2 of WW hard, WW elite. Tangleroot normal. Cat part 1 elite, Caged trolls, snitch normal. Irestone hard. Catacombs elite, to crypts part.

WW notes: WW elite pt 3 Krung the Brutal got me to 2 hps, and blue levers were a chore. Did I say above it wasn’t worth the time for the flame bolts? I shall reconsider such nonsense. Extra DPS is worth casting spells before any shrine. Pet that bugs out all the time not worth buffs. MOTHER FLAMING ARROWS! No flame warden again. THIS SUCKS! Lol I take a striding ring 5% of balance 3.

Tangleroot notes: I begin with an exploration of the area, then proceed to start the chain. I’m a little concerned about a couple of parts, I’ve never attempted to solo this anywhere near level on a character like this, the one time I can seem to recall it was my intim tank who never really took damage. I am seeking out collectibles (the mushrooms by oozes, backpack by spiders, etc) as I need some new loots. The egg breaking was easier than planned. I had the pet attack the named, I ran off and did my own thing, back to the shrine and fo. Deadly package TWO medium eberron dragonshard fragments! Time to repair and sell. I also should buy more masterwork thieves’ tools. Can’t even loot some +1s. Through all parts after the first two (well when I remembered) I got the trap in the first big room and chest, then the blade and spike traps with chest and mushrooms, even if quest was just go to next part. PermaDeath = permanently seeking a gear upgrade. Have not needed to use a heroism pot yet, but you bet your sweet cure serious pots I’m going to regardless in this final installment. Do NOT need a blown trap here. The entire thing is stupid easy. I do have to swap on my search goggles for the blade trap. Khyber’s Fury Rune Arm! Major DPS upgrade over the thought spike I’ve carried since level 2, and I’m 2k from 6. I’m gonna do elite for a while in catacombs until last part before leveling, I believe. I’ve used this same damn +1 fire touch repeating light crossbow forever, too. I might try some house P quests for favor/weapon upgrades

Caged Trolls nets +1 thieves’ tools and a +1 hvy rptr of lesser rept. bane…sad that is an increase in dps. Then I ran the snitch (I might have piked it once or twice, so I really don’t know it at all, found a video, ran it). I beat it in 45 minutes, watching the video, then running, then eating a snack, etc. I guess a fun quest. Crappy loot, I get offered two different touch repeaters, I take the +1 cold touch hvy. Going to sell, repair and do Irestone on hard, then back to Catacombs. Not getting any flippin’ weapons.
    Irestone starts off rough, so I adjust to full on kiting. This is a better alternative to dying. Once I make peace with being a kiting fool (had practice as a cleric and FVS with bbs lol) it becomes not tough at all, really. Wand whip in between battles, kite, repeat. I’m Mr. Chow in hangover. “That’s right ladyboys, Mr. Chow’s pet unbugged now so I can kite for 1 minute of enfeebled.” That said, Niko has INCREDIBLE timing for unbugging. I score two level 1 scrolls I’ve not inscribed so buy the mats for that, and a wand of lesser restore. Not bad. No weapon upgrade yet.

Catacombs elite. Man, those knights suck because I can’t damage them. This is not cool. Ah well, khyber’s fury works after much kiting. In the crypt part I ran out of ammo, recalled and went to bed. Sucked as I was 67 kills in or something like that. No more of this 1 am stuff.

Community Member

I don't get why you won't use the AH to get gear. Its like not going to the grocery store when you need food and instead choosing to wander around looking in dumpsters.

Quote Originally Posted by rayworks View Post
    I don't get why you won't use the AH to get gear. Its like not going to the grocery store when you need food and instead choosing to wander around looking in dumpsters.
    Just the way I did it.

Level 5 (briefly continued)

I begin the day doing Locania’s feat exchange quest, and swapping augment summoning for lesser dragonmark of passage. I will take least after I shoot a bunch of undead in the face. I fire nearly 2,000 bolts in the crypt section.

I died against the arcane skellie in the next to last part of Catacombs. 160, 601 xp

Level 1, the final attempt before returning to other builds for a while.

I’m going to have Rogue 6 (mechanic I), Artificer 8, Paladin 6. Is this build insane? Of course. I’m leveling in the order of
    Artificer 1, Paladin 1-3, Art 2, Rogue 1-2, Art 3-6, Rogue 3-6, Art 7-8, Paladin 4-6.
    Stats 11-17-14-14-8-12.
    Level 1 feats:
    Least Dragon Mark of Passage, PBS
    Skills DD, OL, Search, Spot, UMD all 4 ranks, Balance, Jump 2 ranks (4 points though)

I run a little differently this time after that initial quest.

I go to the harbor and do the solo quests. Then I do Village normal. Now I am level 2.

I have no spells, feats or such. I take full ranks in DD and UMD, a half rank in search.

Level 2, I decide to do a few harbors on normal. I realize I forgot to spend Aps, so partway through, I run off and select Crossbow damage, extra smite, and human versatility.

Quests ran: Info, Lighthouse, Bonebite, Durks normal. Stopping Sahuagin on hard, then decide to head to Cerulean for a tour, then Korthos touring. I’d just rather run this ish once.

Decent loot: +1 str bracers from bonebite, +1 con ring from a named in Cerulean.

Level 2 notes: I get FIVE of the 7 explorers on my tour of Cerulean. This is huge, as I don’t get to farm explorer areas.

Level 3 (Paladin 2) I get a bonus to saves, and the ability to lay hands on myself which is nice (and awkwardly worded), and some other goodies. I take full ranks in DD and UMD, a half rank in search. Weapon Finesse, as a feat, and improved recovery as an enhancement, banking two points. Now, we can get a little more serious again, level 3. First, I run for gear available. Possible an AH purchase, I DO have 458 plat. I end up buying inscrip materials for the repair light scroll I found, 1 set of masterwork thieves’ tools and 30 cure light pots. Off to run some stuff now.
    Last edited by ariel7; 02-09-2012 at 04:46 AM. Reason: build plans

Quests Ran: Korthos Elite, Bonebite, Info, Gambler’s and Durk’s on hard, WW normal

Decent Loot pulls: wand of fox’s cunning (help for runes in ww pt 3),
    Korthos notes: I don’t feel like I’m as powerful as previous versions. It could be because of the questing order, and I didn’t get things like insight goggles already. I crit failed a trap, which is annoying. It does, however, remind me of how strong the Korthos loot is. And rune arm.

Harbor/WaterWorks notes:
    Pretty smooth. WW end reward was tough, +2 str belt, +2 int goggles were passé dup as I took a flame warden. I think I like it the best of all the rune arms I’ve used so far. Khyber’s is close, but it has aiming issues, rather I do.

Favor earned: 100, coin lords

LEVEL UP NOTES (level 4 Paladin)
    Ability Raise: Dexterity
    Aps (Daybroke)
    Paladin Charisma, Extra LoH, resistance of good, versatility II. (I had saved two aps before)

Leveling gains:
    Fear Immunity. Disease Immunity. 1 BAB, 12 HPs a little more self-healing. I can’t get a weapon upgrade on AH, but I end up getting a +1 cha trinket for 150 plat.
    I ALSO ADD A MEDIUM COLLECTABLE BAG FROM MY SHARED BANK. I’m just NOT running back and forth to the bank for turn-ins every 5 quests. If that makes me less of a permadeather in your eyes, well kick sand, because it doesn’t make a difference in the quest, it only makes a difference in the amount of time I waste.

So unfair. I am in captives on hard, and while working I get distracted with, you know, work. A lone wolf chews on me while I teach someone how to press the power button on their tv. (not a joke) I turned my head and I'm incapped. I never stabilize.

Starting stats 14-17-12-14-14-8 Elven This is really my last attempt for a while.
    Feat: Dodge. Let the games begin.

Edit: One note, I also slightly amend the process to allow for questing at no xp penalty, or one over. First, I was forced to pass on a lot of quests because I'm not an XP stacker, and two, if a group of 6 can get full xp, a solo permadeath character doing it can't be terrible.
    Last edited by ariel7; 02-10-2012 at 01:05 AM.

Default Back to 3.

Level 1. Again. I am getting rather tired of this.
    Quests ran: Korthos Village normal,bonebite normal.
    Notes: I am squishier and less easily able to kill from range at this point, but I believe I will be over-all more powerful before long. I resolve to use more stealth. Bonebite nearly has me broken of doing pd, I get down to 6 hps.
    I elect to take Ranger, as I want my 1 BAB. I will put off Monk as long as I can, but likely not much longer to be frank. I take Undead as an FE, and the enhancements sprint, haste and ranger skill boost, favored damage.
    My ranged also now get a bonus to damage, I will for certain proceed much more cautiously. I am keeping stealth skills trained, and did not level up open locks. I will probably keep it that way.
    Level 2
    Quests ran: Harbor solo quests plus
    Hard: Cannith Crustal, Necro
    Normal: Sacrifices, stopping, Redemption, MP, stealthy repo, baudry series
    Notes: necro was tough, instead of kiting, I had to swing. DPS of a bow is decidedly less than a repeater with a run arm, and my ember rapier isn’t putting out a beating. AINEC.
    Leveling up notes: I’ve now earned the xp for level 3. I have 3 feats I want to take right now, weapon finesse, mobility and toughness. Getting those 3 together with spring attack means I have to take monk at 9 or earlier to get tempest 1 at 9. I want the to-hit for twf, and will therefore take weapon finesse now, and toughness at 6. Action points are very straight forward: ranger dex and Elven dex.

You'll be successful.... someday...

You'll be successful.... someday...
    Well, I'm spending a lot of time on my main atm, but i think the fastest way to make this rather successful, is to go WF, and take quicken at 6. Quickened flame turrets and self healing should = win through mid levels. I will run this one more again sometime, but I keep thinking about how my main should do some more past lives....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast