Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Results 161 to 169 of 169
  1. #161
    Community Member stainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    sixty-sixth layer of the Abyss
    Posts
    4,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madryoch View Post


    Consider this as well. What is the population of melee people and what is the population of casters. Consider how many min max players play and then tell me why is the caster population so much lower than the melee one? I mean according to what u guys are trying to pass here in the forums melee are gimped and casters are overpowered gods. Why don't u make one and play them as ur toon. I am often trying to find a decent caster when i am going for raids with my tank. Also why do people go with the mentality 1-2 arcane casters max in a raid? why so many melee? If casters were soinsanely overpowered wouldn't u want a 2 melee to be meat shields 2-3 healers and 7 sorcerers in a party ? And if u do agree with the last do u find such casters often ? If not why not?
    I ran in an all Arcane Epic Chrono on Khyber. It was the fastest run I have ever done. By a long shot.

  2. #162
    Community Member krackythehoodedone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bucks UK
    Posts
    980

    Default

    Honestly i know we give you guys a bit of stick.

    But coming on here, talking to the players, discussing the ideas and proposed changes is the best thing you could possibly do. I'm not sure it would work with any other MMO such is the knowledge and commitment of the players and now it would seem the Developers too.

    So credit where credit is due. Respect.

    Ok fawning over, now the prolonged rant coupled with mild hysteria and gratuitous threats. You knew it couldnt last !?

    Please please dont reset the enhancements if you can possibly help it. I know you said you would visit this and i intend to hold you to your word even if i have to half bore you (and everyone else)to death in the process.

    Sincerely

    Bowbarian (crit rage version)

  3. #163
    Community Member sweez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madryoch View Post
    Also why do people go with the mentality 1-2 arcane casters max in a raid? why so many melee? If casters were soinsanely overpowered wouldn't u want a 2 melee to be meat shields 2-3 healers and 7 sorcerers in a party ? And if u do agree with the last do u find such casters often ? If not why not?
    Because people are clueless. Only place at the top off my head where you might want to limit the nubmer of arcanes is LoB, elite Abbot and -maybe- Shroud if you're worried about portal DPS lol (and when I'm talking about limiting the number of arcanes in shroud, I don't mean take 1-2 arcanes, I mean take as many as you can get but at least grab some divines to DP the portals). In all other scenarios you take as many arcanes as you can possibly get, and you should be thankful if there are 'too many' of them applying to your LFM.

    Asking why people take 1-2 arcanes max in a raid is like asking why they advertise for 'tanks' in leveling content.
    Comfortably [d|n]umb

    Toons: Weirdly || Inbound || Samma || Ocular || Annoyed || Stinkpelt of Khyber
    WanderLust EuroTrash

  4. #164
    Community Member somenewnoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sweez View Post
    Because people are clueless. Only place at the top off my head where you might want to limit the nubmer of arcanes is LoB, elite Abbot and -maybe- Shroud if you're worried about portal DPS lol (and when I'm talking about limiting the number of arcanes in shroud, I don't mean take 1-2 arcanes, I mean take as many as you can get but at least grab some divines to DP the portals). In all other scenarios you take as many arcanes as you can possibly get, and you should be thankful if there are 'too many' of them applying to your LFM.

    Asking why people take 1-2 arcanes max in a raid is like asking why they advertise for 'tanks' in leveling content.
    This pretty much. When I see lots of casters I think to myself, "This will be a smooth run" in 99% of the content.
    I'm piking at work.
    I disarm traps........with my face!
    How do I know that I am better than you are? Because I'm in Thrudh's signature and you're not. That's how.

  5. #165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Yes we are.
    Personally I'd love if you simply add a 10x XP or more on Lam so people can level up quickly with new characters and get a better understanding of changes from low to high as suppose to always at whatever lever you transer over characters at.

    I play world of tanks, and when they offer early previews of updates they add something like 5x or 10x the xp and credit so people can check out new releases rather than mindlessly grind.

    After all, isn't the point to test the content and changes?

  6. #166
    Community Member Dracoian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    Personally I'd love if you simply add a 10x XP or more on Lam so people can level up quickly with new characters and get a better understanding of changes from low to high as suppose to always at whatever lever you transer over characters at.

    I play world of tanks, and when they offer early previews of updates they add something like 5x or 10x the xp and credit so people can check out new releases rather than mindlessly grind.

    After all, isn't the point to test the content and changes?

    I think what he replied on was to my question is there going to be XP boost.. Well thats how i read it anyways..

  7. #167
    Founder noneill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,501

    Default

    So are we going to swap names from Lamannia back to Risia now ?
    Conn Niall Paladin 20 TRx2
    Cormac Mac Airt Ranger/Rogue 12/1
    Connyl Niall Paladin 1 Connlyssa Paladin/Fighter 18/2

  8. #168
    Time Killer TiranBlade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Depths of my mind.
    Posts
    890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noneill View Post
    So are we going to swap names from Lamannia back to Risia now ?
    Na, risia merged with all the servers, that's where the ice games come from now.

    Argonnessen - Aruki 6 Monk (Main); Dayher 4 Artificer
    Canntih - Firryl 12 Fighter; Tiran 8 Fighter; Daher 4 Fighter/4 Monk

  9. #169
    Community Member TheDjinnFor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    1,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    Is there any way to create greater differentiation between effects? Currently we have all fo the following labeled as "spellcasting":

    • quaffing potions that have a "funnel" (ie non-guild Remove Curse, Lesser Restoration, etc...)
    • activating clickies on items
    • placing challenge items (torches, teleporters, etc...)
    • casting spells
    • using wands
    • using scrolls
    • most light monk finishing moves and the triple fire finisher

    I'm sure I left some out. That doesn't look like a problem to you? Can you change the way drinking pots (or using them on others) and, at the very least, using challenge items are labeled or whatever, so they don't fall under the same heading as "spell casting"?
    Quoted as this bears repeating.

    Any chance that new mechanics can be designed for the many systems that now currently piggy-back off of spellcasting? Or at least redesign the framework around them so that whatever checks to see if you can cast spells can differentiate between all these different actions?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload