Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Time Bandit

Default 2-Man Speedrun Abbot -- Over Raided (Orien)

The goal was to run Abbot as fast as possible with the minimum number of players possible, two. Two people are needed to completed the tiles puzzle, and (realistically) to get the other person out of encase, whereas other elements of the raid can be soloed. This is not a speedrun in the full group sense, where it's the minimum amount of time possible (usually indicating a full group), but a speedrun in the minimum amount of time possible given the constraint of using only two people.

As a speedrun, the main challenge for this raid is to be able to do all the puzzles in one round, so that the raid isn't unduly delayed by having to beat down the Abbot multiple times (other than the initial fight). The asteroids puzzle is timed, so a player that gets into asteroids is effectively locked in there for the rest of the puzzles phase of the raid, since it lasts for 200 seconds while the dimension doors only stay up for 90 seconds. This means that the other two puzzles -- tiles and ice -- should ideally both be completed within the 90 seconds that the dimension doors are up, and then the players both go do asteroids together and do the puzzle while waiting for the Abbot to come down.

In reality, we don't know what the order of puzzles will be. So there are a few "abort" conditions, mainly if a player gets locked into asteroids too early and thus it becomes impossible to complete the puzzles in one round. Those possibilities were:

first puzzle = asteroids -> abort (impossible to complete tiles)
    first puzzle = ice, second puzzle = asteroids -> abort (impossible to complete tiles)

This means that the remaining order of puzzles need to be done in one round:

first puzzle = ice, second puzzle = tiles, third puzzle = asteroids
    first puzzle = tiles, second puzzle = ice, third puzzle = asteroids
    first puzzle = tiles, second puzzle = asteroids, third puzzle = ice

For the third possibility here, if the second puzzle is asteroids, then there are two options: either that player solos asteroids (which is perfectly doable, I've done it plenty of times), or the other player, hearing that the second puzzle is asteroids, goes into the remaining puzzle, ice, solos it (which is also doable), and then goes into asteroids before the dimension doors go in, which makes asteroids easier since there'll be two people for the majority of it, but is a lot more difficult time-wise. Otherwise the third possibility here also becomes an abort if this cannot be achieved. Because we wanted to minimize the number of resets, however, we worked on being able to handle any of those three possibilities.

For this particular run we were just practicing, so weren't really intent on completing it at the outset. However halfway through we were like whatever and got bored of practicing so decided to just finish. I was hoping for a flawless run but I died at the very end with the Abbot at 3%. Also, my ship buffs ran out halfway through (obviously I wasn't paying attention) so toward the end I was effectively not buffed and didn't have resists, not to mention disjunctioned, leading to the death. In any case the next time should be a flawless run and likely faster. Some screenshots:

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo close...

In this particular run, tiles and ice combined took a total of about 75 seconds, so there was a 15-second window between when we went into asteroids and when the dimension doors went down. Because Abbot is now at 135k HP, and we need to take him down to 2/3 of his HP in the initial fight, we effectively need to take out 180k HP. Given that the puzzles take around 6 minutes, this means that it took us a total of around 9 minutes to take him down, so the DPS was effectively 180k/9/60 = 333 or so throughout the non-puzzle part of the raid. This is largely due to stuff like inferno and encase, so can certainly be improved upon in future runs.

Wow. You two are amazing! I blame nix for letting you die though...it was obviously his fault.
    Epicsoul(7th life) 20 druid - Deathdemize(6th life) 20wizard - Haiteraid(4th life) TR'ing - Epicbanjo(2nd life) 14bard4ftr2rogue.

Member of Over Raided!

Amazing! Gratz.
    Last edited by Keybreaker; 01-28-2012 at 12:47 AM.
    Keybreaker, Leader of Over Raided (Orien)

Very cool! Next thing you know, you'll be soloing von!
    Sicks and Tymn on Orien.

Default Very nice

Op :d
    massivheals / massivsponge - Orien server
    Member of Blood bath and Beyond
    Guild webpage-
    http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.asp...&TabID=3674790

gratz, very impressive (to me at least)
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadB123 View Post
    Wow. You two are amazing! I blame nix for letting you die though...it was obviously his fault.
    Heh ya i was not fast enough there....abbot was at like 3% hp left when Bsod died...
    We will run it again, learned afew things from this completion thought and should go smoother next time.
    Last edited by nix_vali; 01-28-2012 at 12:10 PM.
    ~Nlx~|~Vareesa~|~Vevay~|~Vrac~

Finally something which truly deserves the label 'speedrun' - optimizing limited resources for the fastest completion possible. Well done!
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Very well done.

Hero

You guys rock! Thanks for continually pushing the bar higher.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Time Bandit

I had a bit of insomnia so I decided to go practice Abbot a bit. Here's a video of soloing the initial fight with a monk plus soloing asteroids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auDhUmKTm3A

Soloing the initial fight with vampirism is actually fairly easy if a bit tedious; as you can see, I get back more HP than he's taking off. Improved evasion is handy here. This is a good way to get through the initial fight if you're looking to practice the puzzles, although you can solo it with a lot of different classes as long as you have cure pots (and obviously, it's easier if you have more people). For asteroids, I think the key to soloing it is to just keep your camera moving, and never stay fixed too long at one particular location. It's when you're not looking at a particular direction that asteroids will come from there and hit you in the back. As you can see, I ended up using a total of 70 boulders for asteroids, so the initial stock of 200 is more than sufficient.

Since I didn't debuff the Abbot in any way, I'll be able to go through it and try to determine stuff like his spell DCs.

Time Bandit

Default Flawless 2-man Abbot Speedrun -- 13 minutes

Vevay and I took another stab at it this afternoon. This time we went in assuming that each run could be a completion, no more practicing, no more dawdling around. I screwed up the first two runs although they were non-abort runs (i.e. the puzzles allowed for a one-round completion) but we got it on the 3rd run. I blame a lack of sleep. Anyway on the completion run we got ice -> tiles -> asteroids which went relatively smoothly. Again tiles and ice combined took around 75 seconds, although Vevay's loading time is slow so he finally got into asteroids around 5 seconds before the dimension doors went down. We got hit once during asteroids, neither of us knows where it was from, but we survived so it was fine.

This time we kept it together a lot better during the main fight, so the completion time was a few minutes faster at 13 minutes, and there were no deaths:

Because 6 minutes of the fight were taken up by puzzles, the fight part of the raid (the initial fight as well as the main fight) took about 7 minutes. This means our overall combined DPS on Abbot averaged around 180k/7/60 = 429 throughout the fight portion of the raid, including when we were killing trash, had inferno, encase, etc.

Very nice. Though I gotta ask, what UI skin are you using?
    Order of the Silver Dragons||Argonessen
    Vratch||~Terevorn~||Ignys||Zofya||Virochka
    Theologians don't know nothin' about my soul.

Grats on the faster completion guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Vissarion View Post
    Very nice. Though I gotta ask, what UI skin are you using?

Pretty sure its a tweaked version of Backley's Info Blue UI. The clocks not part of the UI that appears to be a program running above ddo's window.
    Server: Orien
    Guild: Over Raided
    Toons: Phasma - Swashbuckler ; Ceroni - Acrobat ; Selina Air Savant ; Cachin - Artificer

Quote Originally Posted by Vanshilar View Post
    I had a bit of insomnia so I decided to go practice Abbot a bit. Here's a video of soloing the initial fight with a monk plus soloing asteroids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auDhUmKTm3A

Soloing the initial fight with vampirism is actually fairly easy if a bit tedious; as you can see, I get back more HP than he's taking off. Improved evasion is handy here. This is a good way to get through the initial fight if you're looking to practice the puzzles, although you can solo it with a lot of different classes as long as you have cure pots (and obviously, it's easier if you have more people). For asteroids, I think the key to soloing it is to just keep your camera moving, and never stay fixed too long at one particular location. It's when you're not looking at a particular direction that asteroids will come from there and hit you in the back. As you can see, I ended up using a total of 70 boulders for asteroids, so the initial stock of 200 is more than sufficient.

Since I didn't debuff the Abbot in any way, I'll be able to go through it and try to determine stuff like his spell DCs.
    so, how did you have that repair effect on your wraps?
    like what wraps are you wearing that lets you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by scottmike0 View Post
    so, how did you have that repair effect on your wraps?
    like what wraps are you wearing that lets you do it?

Vampirism. It shows repair icon when used by Warforged.
    Toons: Phasma - Swashbuckler ; Ceroni - Acrobat ; Selina Air Savant ; Cachin - Artificer

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance777 View Post
    Vampirism. It shows repair icon when used by Warforged.
    wait so i have noticed the vampirism. but then why 2 healing abilities i mean if you see, you will notice 1-3 reconstruct points and then also 1 point of regular healing. so I'm still lost how this is possible?

Quote Originally Posted by scottmike0 View Post
    wait so i have noticed the vampirism. but then why 2 healing abilities i mean if you see, you will notice 1-3 reconstruct points and then also 1 point of regular healing. so I'm still lost how this is possible?
    Oh that's just the description for vampirism in Combat log its not healing 1 hitpoint.

I'll post the log I get when I hit a training dummy with vampirism:

(Combat): You attack Training Dummy. You roll a 19 (+48): you hit!
    (Combat): You roll to confirm a critical on Training Dummy. You roll a 9 (+58): Critical hit resisted!
    (Combat): you hit Training Dummy with Sunder.
    (Combat): You benefit from your bodyfeeder.
    (Combat): Gain Temporary Hitpoints when scoring Critical Hits.
    (Combat): You heal 5 points of damage from Weapon's Vampirism Effect.
    (Combat): You benefit from your vampirism.
    (Combat): Weapon heals wielder for 1 hit point every time it damages a living target.
    (Combat): You hit Training Dummy for 111 points of slash damage.
    (Combat): You hit Training Dummy for 45 points of slash damage.

Notice both bodyfeeder and vampirism list their procs effect in combat log. First line is You Benefit from "proc" Second is a description of the proc.

grats great job guys, most of the pugs im in take 20 mins+
    Levistis, Orcys, and Thirzax of the Dragon Blood Cult of Maguuma, GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance777 View Post
    Grats on the faster completion guys.

Pretty sure its a tweaked version of Backley's Info Blue UI. The clocks not part of the UI that appears to be a program running above ddo's window.
    Thanks. It looks pretty nifty, so wanted to try it out.
    Order of the Silver Dragons||Argonessen
    Vratch||~Terevorn~||Ignys||Zofya||Virochka
    Theologians don't know nothin' about my soul.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast