Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Auran82 View Post
    I think what peoples concerns are about is the fact that you could presented the madstone change in written form to (almost) any group of people who are actively playing the game and they would have told you that the proposed initial version was a bad idea.
    If you said "any group who plays melee in elite/epic end game content extensively", I might agree with you. But, the the number of people playing melees with 400 SF favor and Madstone boots is actually a pretty small subset of the player base.

Silver Flame potion users are not the norm. The vast majority of players don't run every quest in the four Necropolis packs on Elite. And of those who do, not all of them pay the kind of money that keeping SF potions in stock costs.

And without the SF issue, its not a terrible change. A little less Str/Con, but full clicky usage wouldn't bother me at all. Most paladins and rangers only have 14 Wis, but 15 or 16 is pretty easy to get with tomes. A player with Madstone boots probably isn't lacking in +1 and +2 Tomes.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Seriously I'm cancelling the field trip to FR....
    Awwwww, but you promised!
    <stomps>
    It's not fair. I never get to go anywhere.

As for written form, we just are never going to be able to vet every single change on the forums. That is just crazy talk.
    Why not? Seriously. You guys surely track this...you're being snarky aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    And access to the kitchen. I hear you get bacon, muffins, and cookies.
    Bacon, muffins, AND cookies. Can I come over and play? Please. I promise I'll be good.

Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

Maj, I am very happy with the continued communication. Even if you get beat up. A lot.

It's worth a lot to us just to hear some honest feedback that you guys are frustrated when stuff breaks too and you are working on it.

(Now can I go on the field trip? )

(Unless it's like the Magic Schoolbus gone wrong and we get stuck in a wall or extraplanar void... Actually, I'll wait for the next trip. )
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

Community Member

So... about the field trip, does that mean I'm off the hook for not getting my permission slip signed, thereby forcing me to stay in Ebberon, getting scolded by Mr. and/or Mrs. Cordovan for forcing him/her to remain to supervise me. A field trip that probably feels like going to Disneyland for Mr. and/or Mrs. Cordovan that everyone else gets to enjoy except him/her, and ends with my resulting banishment to Kyber for all eternity? Because I have a better place I'd rather be, particularly leveling to 20 again XD. Unless by sending me to kyber, it's a chance for me to grow more powerful, to break free and seek revenge..... only to have a pesky adventurer strike me down into Kyber again.

Or Lammania, where I corrupt it from happy go lucky on my Pale Master and turn it into a second plane of undeath XD

Edit: Actually I want my own personal plane..... so if I had to choose from Kyber or a undead Lammania, I pick the undead Lammania XD
    Last edited by Kabaon; 01-28-2012 at 02:36 AM.

Karnasis (Human Wizard, Pale Master, Level 27), Taldall (Half-Orc, Monk- Perpetually abandoned)

Quote Originally Posted by Galeria View Post
    (Unless it's like the Magic Schoolbus gone wrong and we get stuck in a wall or extraplanar void... Actually, I'll wait for the next trip. )
    This is how we get to forgotten realms isn't it????
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Community Member

Maj, I've got an issue of... Major... importance. as we all know, in many campaigns based in Forgotten Realms, one of most basic cannon fo= eh, i mean, most basic enemy mob type / monstrous world inhabitant was goblins. I didn't seen a single greenskin goblin in Eberron unlimited; in eberron, kobolds have this sort of status. And I didn't met many kobolds in my Forotten Realms excursions.

so, my issue is, will there be goblins in Forgotten Realms part of the world? Aren't you afraid those will take your job? Will FR be an alternate universe, with goblins instead of kobolds?
    Last edited by Yan_PL; 01-28-2012 at 04:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Old Birthday Cakes of Wishes don't turn into new Six Year Old Cakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Yan_PL View Post
    Maj, I've got an issue of... Major... importance. as we all know, in many campaigns based in Forgotten Realms, one of most basic cannon fo= eh, i mean, most basic enemy mob type / monstrous world inhabitant was goblins. I didn't seen a single greenskin goblin in Eberron unlimited; in eberron, kobolds have this sort of status. And I didn't met many kobolds in my Forotten Realms excursions.

so, my issue is, will there be goblins in Forgotten Realms part of the world? Aren't you afraid those will take your job?
    Summoning a squad of kobold kommando rocked in BG1 (FR settings), if only our summons where in the same league of awesomeness ...

As for written form, we just are never going to be able to vet every single change on the forums. That is just crazy talk.
    Seriously, why not publish proposed changes before you actually spend the time working on it? There are some smart people who can talk theoretically around here.
    Oh, that's easy. I didn't farm them. I just cheated. -Meghan
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    lol, I didnt give it a QA pass.

Nooooo, we promise to be good, honest!!

Nor should you have to vet every single change with the players, as game developers, it's down to you to balance the game. But, when you take some peoples favourite toys and break them, they are bound to spit the dummy out of the pram and blame the Dev's for not thinking with foresight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Very soon.............ish.™

Durrty McGurty | Forellan Windblade | Lunarii Hellion

O M N I P R E S E N C E

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morlen View Post
    I want a live webcam feed for every staff meeting, every proposal, every sliver of an inkling of a possibility of a change to the game. Please?

You always want web cams Morlen..... I'm still waiting for that ckeck

Sorry, I think I accidentally mailed it to X. >.<
    I play this game. It is fun.
    Morlen - Vigo - Siliana - Ragz - Jeeyou Knit - EnZeroZeroBe - Joeb - Kiandra - Tenju - Freakadroid - Asteri
    Server: Ghallanda - Member: ToHitArmorClassZero

I ain't gettin' on no plane! I pity the fool... Love the BA undertones of that post Maj.

I'll counter with some different strokes: What you talkin' bout Willis??
    Hello, hope all is well. And if it isn't, sorry about that.

Community Member

Character Copy- Yes, it is busted again. Can fix all of Rome in one day.
    I wish making this thing work 100% but it doesn't and it annoys me more than any of you trust me.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes it's far better to use overtime at your job to find errors in advertising that causes you to lose paying customers, and then when you have blockbuster games being released for 2 quarters of a year, it might be a good idea to make sure something works before you start to push it. Failing at this can cause you to lose a fanbase ultimately putting you one step closer to unemployment. You make us happy we give you money, you upset us we move on. I check here occasionally now to see if youve gotten a clue but it still sounds like you think the paying customers don't know what they want, and it's simple. Don't advertise a feature that doesn't work, don't use misleading ads, start using words like NOT FREE in place of premium content as your vips are supposed to get ALL PREMIUM CONTENT for free.

DDO Producer

My team does not QA advertising. Nor should it.

My team does not QA advertising. Nor should it.
    Agreed.

Also, I just wanted to pop in and state that I applaud the communications changes you folks have made. The Madstone boots change and back and forth is an example of excellent player-dev communication, IMO. Yes, there have been bumps, but good job and keep it up - its appreciated.
    Sarlona: Riyana | Ilyrae | Elaeria | Arlayh | Aryis | Lyanis | Yaera | Kyilsi | Malitae | Niariel | Laeriya
    'Polluting Sarlona with gimpy elves since 2009.'
    Endgame

Default like an umpire

Being a Dev is like being an referee at the NBA championships. It doesn't matter what call you make, half the people in the stadium are going to hate it and yell at you. All you can do is just make the best calls with as much information as you can get.

I love the increased communication!
    "Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?" -JC
    Check out DDO's #1 Weekly Podcast
    Circle of Night on Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Rheebus View Post
    Being a Dev is like being an referee at the NBA championships. It doesn't matter what call you make, half the people in the stadium are going to hate it and yell at you. All you can do is just make the best calls with as much information as you can get.

I love the increased communication!
    Does this mean the devs are getting brib... I mean donations from the bugs to let them stay in???
    It was the night before Hogswatch....

Optimus Prime/Grimlock 2016 Because in diplomacy, sending in the Dinobots is the only answer.

So maj I have to say I may be becoming a patriot convert.

First there was the gronkowski photos with the adult film actress and now this.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...210530095.html
    Ghallanda Rerolled
    LeLodar LeLothian LeLoki LeLoman LeLonia LeLog

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    And access to the kitchen. I hear you get bacon, muffins, and cookies.
    And bagels. Don't forget the bagels.
    The kobold cannot be marked as junk because it cannot be sold. You can destroy it by dragging and dropping it outside your inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    And bagels. Don't forget the bagels.
    Only if they are good bagels(which are not available in all towns/cities).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast