Community Member

Default 'R' key = continuous run, worst assignment in UI

Reassign the 'R' key ASAP. It will run u off a cliff by accident.

**********************Reassign the 'R' key ASAP. It will run u off a cliff by accident.*************

Please get rid of this default.

Too close to your WSAD keys.
    It is just a game.

Go to Options.

Go to Key Bind.

Go to Auto run.

Reassign or just hit clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

^ that ^
    Have you ever wanted to create your own customized user interface skins for DDO?
    Click this sentence for a tutorial learning how, an easy-to-follow video guide.

Community Member

Umm. ^^not that^^

I know how to reassign it. Already did.

It should not be a default. Why should someone learn the hard way like I did. The game should not install with continuous run assigned to a key.

If the devs want to keep it then 'Cntrl+R' to turn it on and 'R' to turn it off would work i guess as a default assignment at game install.
    Last edited by Firesmall_at; 01-27-2012 at 01:16 AM.
    It is just a game.

/not signed

I take great pleasure in watching people run off the cliff in Tempest Spine or the platform in ADQ2.
    Heira - Level 20 Fighter * Mystym - Level 7 2nd Life Monk * Atheistik - Level 20 Favored Soul

Quote Originally Posted by Stermlin View Post
    /not signed

I take great pleasure in watching people run off the cliff in Tempest Spine or the platform in ADQ2.
    Right there with you. Fun at other people's expense is some of the best fun to be had.

With absolutely no malice to the OP, I laughed when I read your post and am still kind of giggling. I can understand how it would be frustrating, in fact I still tap 'R' by accident once in awhile, and I've done it in the Zawabi's Refuge where, for absolutely no reason, there is a long fall with an even longer path back up to the top. Somehow it is no less funny. Am I a bad person?

+1 rep at least, for the laugh.
    Originally from Thelanis, now on...
    Sarlona
    * Minions of the Coffee Gopher *

Meh! I reassigned this to my push-to-talk key years ago just because I hate using auto-run. Now if they would just make an auto-follow key......
    ... a soldier,
    Full of strange oaths, and bearded like the pard,
    Jealous in honor, sudden and quick in quarrel,
    Seeking the bubble reputation,
    Even in the dragon's mouth.

I like it where it is. It's in a handy position - not too far, yet not too close to WASD. A simple shift of the finger and you can now eat your cookies in peace while the miles of small problem just fly by. There's a whole one key of buffer (E) between R and WASD and that's more than good enough for me.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Firesmall_at View Post
    Reassign the 'R' key ASAP. It will run u off a cliff by accident.

**********************Reassign the 'R' key ASAP. It will run u off a cliff by accident.*************

Please get rid of this default.

Too close to your WSAD keys.
    /not signed 'R' is like Really cool... and once used to get it, it is really difficult to play other games (FPS) without it

If you don't like it you can easily change it, you don't need the devs to do it for you.

ooorrrrrr, les upset, more changing it yerself
    Thelanis: Botar, Klogar, Saludar, Shantarr, Karygon

leave auto-run auto-assignment!!!

auto run is for lazy ppl so also too lazy to reassing "r"

if ure fans of manual run then reassign "r" manually too!
    R.I.P. Devourer - 20-Aug-2010 11:00 GMT(+1 DST)
    (World Broadcast): World broadcast: 'Farewell to all our loyal players and thank you for your time in Eberron. We wish you all the best for your future adventures. Please log out now as the servers are now going down. Many thanks, Codemasters Online.'

***Ghallanda Rerolled*** *Yvonnel-1* "Peinlicher" Sylestria-1 Jarlaxle-1 Sammaster-1 Zapp-1
    formerly Dorn / Devourer - EU

Community Member

If you have not assigned your 'e' key and 'q' key to something more important like a melee buff or spell u are a half a second slower than a lot of players.

It is the worst default assignment in the game. Especially during the Risa Ice games getting up on the ledge in the Bogwater tavern. That was not funny for anyone involved in getting me up there when I ran off. It is a waste of time.

This is directly to the developers... Ctrl+R would be better. How about Auto-run is not assigned and the lazy players that don't like to hold down their 'W' key can assign it?

This is the last thing on a new players mind.
    Last edited by Firesmall_at; 01-27-2012 at 04:09 PM.
    It is just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Firesmall_at View Post
    If you have not assigned your 'e' key and 'q' key to something more important like a melee buff or spell u are a half a second slower than a lot of players.

It is the worst default assignment in the game. Especially during the Risa Ice games getting up on the ledge in the Bogwater tavern. That was not funny for anyone involved in getting me up there when I ran off. It is a waste of time.

This is directly to the developers... Ctrl+R would be better. How about Auto-run is not assigned and the lazy players that don't like to hold down their 'W' key can assign it?

This is the last thing on a new players mind.

I like my 'q' and 'e' keys as they are just as much as I like my 'r' for autorun.

I am not quite sure what you are doing that gets your fingers all the way over to the 'r' key if you are trying to use 'w' but I am going to allow myself to think that maybe your re assignment of the 'q' and 'e' keys are more to blame for your issues than 'r' being default autorun.