Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phemt81 View Post
    I hope this does not mean they changed their mind again:

If they are staying with what Madfloyd stated they should have just wrote that madstone won't be changed, instead there's that red alarm overthere. Anyone know what does that mean?

Taken from the today' s Release Notes Updated 02-16-2012
    We've removed this from the notes. Just for accuracy, though, this isn't something that was newly-added to the notes. Rather, it has been in there for several weeks, and should have been removed when we decided to not go forward with the change. Now it's gone! Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    They don't need to add anything to the boots. They were excellent before, and got better with the Reaver items pass. They have a fairly useless spellcasting-oriented effect on them. Just ignore it.

The potency effect should get removed from these, so as to not continue having them act as a trap for newbie casters, but it's not that big of a deal, and the boots certainly don't need anything extra for melees.
    Frankly, I'd love to see it removed, perhaps exchanged for superior potency IV *IF* you're going to go there at all. Something else mildly useful like jump could replace the potency.

But if you DO want to give them a caster ability, I have a really amusing idea: How about the boots granting extend and extending all spells, but only while the boots are on? So while this would be awesome for feat starved paladins before they cast their divine favour, the bard or sorcerer would need to think twice when they equip their extended boots to avoid getting a proc in the middle of combat?
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

Again, I happen to like the Superior Potency VI on those boots... I hope they don't remove it.

However, I happen to have probably the only build in DDO that can make use of it.

A healing dragonmarked stalwart defender. In stance, Madstone's don't proc, so they are basically 30% striders, Sup Pot VI boots for me... Which is sweet, since I can't find anyplace else to fit in Sup Pot VI for my dragonmark heals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Default Thank You Thank You Thank You

A Bazillion Times THANK YOU

Does this mean the change will not go through at all, or will it be postponed till the expansion or something
    Thelanis: Botar, Klogar, Saludar, Shantarr, Karygon

Community Member Wraith_Sarevok's Avatar

Exclamation Shaken Effect still present on latest Lamania build!!!

This is on Lamania 2/25/2012.

The Madstone Boots are STILL producing a Shaken effect whenever Madstone Rage or Madstone Reaction wears off.

The update is less than 3 days away, Turbine. Hello!?

P.S. To those of you who saw me editing the wiki saying they are not, I apologize for that. I had my spell absorption item on and the combat log didn't report it absorbing Shaken. My bad.
    Last edited by Wraith_Sarevok; 02-25-2012 at 10:44 PM.
    Khyber: Iqus Tres (Half-Orc Barbarian 20 / Epic 5 / Legendary Dreadnought 5), Ixupi (Drow Sorcerer 20), Outlake (Warforged 7 Monk-in-progress), Petroglyph (Warforged Artificer 16)

Community Member akiraproject24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baronlager View Post
    Really strange. When I see an update like this, I wonder what threads/player feedback even caused them to take a second look at this item. From what I've seen, the player base is generally happy with Madstone Boots in their current state. So what drives the devs to make a change?
    exactly!
    ThwartedFhalhaenaWrekkinWrexxMaisterThwarteddHematemesisRhayzedOffensiveReduction
    Pimpin toons since 2006

what drove them to nerf twf? or wings?

they have to mess with **** thats not broken, it's just the way things are.

Quote Originally Posted by Invalid_50 View Post
    what drove them to nerf twf? or wings?

they have to mess with **** thats not broken, it's just the way things are.
    Must justify their jobs, is my guess. Thought with all the legit bugs and improvements needed, I don't know why they would bother creating more work for themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    as for voice actors I wanted Betty White for Lolth but I got voted down.
    Khyber: Alelric - Wiz 5 (Hero), Arayaleth - Ranger 20 AA (Champion), Altrocks - Cleric 20 Radiant Servant (Champion), Zinnix - Rogue 20 Assassin (Champion)

why? all I am asking is why?
    /popcorn
    Monk / ~Thoroughbred~ (36 pt HO Epic Ready -Tank/DPS)-
    * Continuing Epic Guide - Mobius for Acolytes*

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

my understanding is because one person with a loud voice complained that he couldn't use torches while madstoned.

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Quote Originally Posted by Taimasan View Post
    why? all I am asking is why?
    I would imagine because stacking STR bonuses are still out of control, and some should be combined in to non-stacking effects. It's really not a bad idea, just very poorly timed given that all melees are basically flavor builds compared to casters.

It's still as true as it was before U9 that a "full retard" STR based DPS outclasses every other melee style by a considerable margin, and that's still an issue that should be addressed. It's just harsh to do any nerfing of melees , even the ones that are comparatively imbalanced, given how gimped they all are compared to casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith_Sarevok View Post

The Madstone Boots are STILL producing a Shaken effect whenever Madstone Rage or Madstone Reaction wears off.

The update is less than 3 days away, Turbine. Hello!?
    If this makes it into live, Turbine will probably call it a 'feature' and you will have to wear a Fear Immunity item to get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith_Sarevok View Post

Thank you for catching this, we're looking into it.

Community Member

Devs you know that the update comes live tommorow right? I mean madstone does not work right, TR seems bugged and people are about to lose items from inventory...so what update?

There will [usually] be minor bugs associated with an update. So Madstone leaving you shaken isn't really an issue. The problems with past updates has been the inclusion of severe bugs and the sometimes delayed response in addressing them, often in disregard of Lammania testing results. This marks the first update we've really seen a change to that. A delayed update is better than a severely bugged one, in any case.

The devs have been especially responsive this time around, and have assured the major bugs won't be allowed to be released, through one method or another.

The devs have shown good faith this time around, it's only appropriate to do the same before making an issue of things that may not be deserving of such.

Unless that's your thing. I get that some of us are here to play a different, less sanguine game than others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

Quote Originally Posted by illiamfryn View Post
    devs you know that the update comes live tommorow right? I mean madstone does not work right, tr seems bugged and people are about to lose items from inventory...so what update?
    13.1 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Thank you for catching this, we're looking into it.
    And?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    And?
    When you look into the bug, the bug also looks into you...
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    as for voice actors I wanted Betty White for Lolth but I got voted down.
    Khyber: Alelric - Wiz 5 (Hero), Arayaleth - Ranger 20 AA (Champion), Altrocks - Cleric 20 Radiant Servant (Champion), Zinnix - Rogue 20 Assassin (Champion)

Community Member

Default Cry of pally

Ah... My Pally wanted that change to boots. But now she cant use it because of -3 to attack and damage without ability to recast divine favor. And no more zeal as well. And no more self heals with SP. ):
    Guess i ll swap it in between fights for potency...

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344 LastLast