Thread: Elite raids

Community Member

Default Elite raids

Reaver….easy raid or?

Start 1: Join semi full Reaver, hate waiting for them to fill.
    2: Sorc in party using voice chat….ALOT…babbling something about how awesome he is and how he has the feats to make the end chests better. Quote “don’t open them or else”.
    3: Party fills. Sorc “share quest plz”
    4: Grudgingly share quest get message that one player is on timer guess who…..if poor imagination sorc.
    5: explain to sorc he is on timer. Sorc explains to party how that is impossible. Possible outcome Petition a GM to fix. Sorc drops party…thank god.
    6: Crack a few jokes about not getting some buffed chests at end loot start Reaver 1 man down….I mean it’s a level 14 right and 90% of the party is 20 myself 18 and another guy excluded.
    7: Dps seems low are people wielding weapons boss’s hps appear not to move.
    8: 3 players die before orbs are lit.
    9: One of 2 healers gets fly, dies in blades…somehow I knew that was coming.
    10: Second healer dies shortly after.
    11: Ranger and myself only ones standing….I tank ranger throws any cures he has at me….we are doing shockingly well…..well better than.. Previous. Get fly hit rez switch ranger throws raises on healers they die again….he repeats step they manage to find their heal self button, and shortly after get entire party up again.
    12: Dps still seems slow by this point and party fails to drop his HP’s before we all die.
    13: Though funny ranger and I share in disbelief in getting that many inept players in one run.
    Sigh

I am seeing this happen more often...

Most likely scenario for a wipe is a melee heavy party. Most of them have trouble taking down the air eles and I am guessing a lot of people are not carrying DR breakers for the Stormreaver.

Maybe soon we will be asking people to link their DR breakers!

On the other hand ran one with nine casters the other night.... it was a breeze.

Also, another thing that can get you sideways is if the first 3 orbs the reaver hits are corner ones. If you cant handle the air eles quickly you can get overwhelmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Last-Wolf View Post
    I surrender to your wit sir, well played
    Toons on Thelanis... Bairclaw, Icemaachine, Slydawg, Tazzster

Had a similar situation not long ago, whole party got spiked/pounded/died from sheer silliness, leaving a PM and my monk as the only survivors. Unfortunately, in my case the dead people simply recalled out and we weren't able to kill Stormy fast enough to complete the puzzle in time :P

The 101 joys of pugging.
    Silvercypher - Ahril - Silverslash
    Ghallanda

Don't get me started on elite Tempest Spine :P

Tempest Spine is another matter, it's been made with hilarity in mind!
    Silvercypher - Ahril - Silverslash
    Ghallanda

Fort Smith Arkansas. Yes, some people here actually DO get on the internet!

Every time I run a reaver's, I start the raid off with:

"fight in the northwest corner. Fight with the reaver's back to the wall. Stop when his health bar no longer reaches his name on focus orb. Don't fight in the center. Don't fight next to the forcefield.

The one that throws me is that someone ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS fails to listen to the last sentence. Usually multiple people.

I see people near the force field. OH WHATS THAT a reverse gravity suddenly.

Wait for it.....DING DING.

"I got slid across the ceiling!" says the dead people.

And I face-palm every time.

Community Member

what is the DR breaker people must carry?, he has mithril reduction, so the only drbreaker I know of are mithril shields

Any Metalline weapon will bypass his DR.
    Neon - Arti 20, Creapyr - Sorc 20, Smokn - Wiz 20, Angeladeath - Sorc 20, Kind - Cleric 20, Skunky - Rgr18/Wiz1/Monk1, Creepyr - Rgr18/Monk2, Kronx - Fighter 20, Styky - Monk 20, Legalyze - Pal 20, Reafr - FvS 20 -- Lineage of the Budz

Lol Verad, that was a pretty nasty one. I loved the whole "NO ONE OPEN CHESTS I WANNA BUFF THEM FIRST". It was funny because he was talking about that and then said something about not having toughness... What about the three useless Dragonmarks you have? Maybe Toughness, SF:UMD, and something else.

Though I did manage to pull madstones about an hour later after I resumed my buzz (they seriously killed it).

Oh yeah... Rangers lead the Way
    The Bladesworn
    Ranger UP
    •Wyckit¤Salokin¤Cruelest•
    «Ghallanda»