Default Anyone up for an at-level, streak-friendly teaching run for the Titan raid? ;-)

After coming back to VIP one of the projects I have is one of my TRs on an every-quest-at-level-for-streak experience. I'm not power leveling him, just when none of my core buds are around I jump on him and hit a few more quests on elite.

I'm 13 now, working on the 11s. There have been a few I missed, and I hate having leveled through 8 so fast that I missed Chronoscope elite for streak. I'm really trying not to miss Titan though.

While I was premium, I bought a good chunk of the adventure packs. One I didn't buy was Restless Isles. Now that I'm VIP though, it was on my list to hit.

I've never run it, so I don't know it. I'm moderately competent, moderately geared.

If someone is going to be running this in the next week or so, I'd love to tag along.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    After coming back to VIP one of the projects I have is one of my TRs on an every-quest-at-level-for-streak experience. I'm not power leveling him, just when none of my core buds are around I jump on him and hit a few more quests on elite.

I'm 13 now, working on the 11s. There have been a few I missed, and I hate having leveled through 8 so fast that I missed Chronoscope elite for streak. I'm really trying not to miss Titan though.

While I was premium, I bought a good chunk of the adventure packs. One I didn't buy was Restless Isles. Now that I'm VIP though, it was on my list to hit.

I've never run it, so I don't know it. I'm moderately competent, moderately geared.

If someone is going to be running this in the next week or so, I'd love to tag along.
    it might be hard to find a group willing to teach you how to do the raid if they're running it for experience. you would probably be better off learning it at cap, when there is less incentive to get done with the quest more efficiently. im sure some people would let you PIKE their run, but i imagine an at-level twilight forge on elite would be brutal enough as it is, concentrating on teaching someone all sides while herding cats through a fairly difficult elite raid would add an interesting element, but who knows. there are some nice folks out there who run this raid for streak.

but again, i'd highly reccomend learning it on normal at level 20, or at least one side of it, as that is one raid where being an asset is VERY good, and while i encourage people to learn how to run content effectively, at-level on elite is probably the least convenient time for that.

PM me on one of my toons sometime, or ask anyone in GRR if Soturi is online. i know quite a bit of people who are pain freaks and love to run that raid as often as they can, and bring a wealth of knowledge and experience about it.

my 2 cp
    CRIT EVERY HIT

Quote Originally Posted by ainmosni View Post
    it might be hard to find a group willing to teach you how to do the raid if they're running it for experience. you would probably be better off learning it at cap, when there is less incentive to get done with the quest more efficiently. im sure some people would let you PIKE their run, but i imagine an at-level twilight forge on elite would be brutal enough as it is, concentrating on teaching someone all sides while herding cats through a fairly difficult elite raid would add an interesting element, but who knows. there are some nice folks out there who run this raid for streak.

but again, i'd highly reccomend learning it on normal at level 20, or at least one side of it, as that is one raid where being an asset is VERY good, and while i encourage people to learn how to run content effectively, at-level on elite is probably the least convenient time for that.

PM me on one of my toons sometime, or ask anyone in GRR if Soturi is online. i know quite a bit of people who are pain freaks and love to run that raid as often as they can, and bring a wealth of knowledge and experience about it.

my 2 cp
    I've read the wiki, but can't find a decent video (that's usually what I do before I attempt something).

I can flag someone pretty easily I'd guess. I've still got my Sigil on Macksheen from a few lives back, maybe I'll do that ... that thing doesn't expire right?

I can hold off leveling my project dude for a while (and he's a project so no rush). Actually ran with you yesterday through Tormented ... and then jumped in a horrible train wreck for Blighted ... thankfully ending the day on an acceptable Wiz King.
    Last edited by voodoogroves; 01-26-2012 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    I can flag someone pretty easily I'd guess. I've still got my Sigil on Macksheen from a few lives back, maybe I'll do that ... that thing doesn't expire right?

I can hold off leveling my project dude for a while.

I've read the wiki, but can't find a decent video (that's usually what I do before I attempt something)
    if you've got the sigil, you're flagged for the raid. ive run the flagging quests a total of once on Yenaver, on his first life, he's on life umm... 5? now i think and still runs the raid.
    CRIT EVERY HIT

I'd be down on graype. I'm a level 11 wizard at the moment. I was hoping to find people crazy enough (like me) who would run this wlite at level. :-) hit me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadran View Post
    I'd be down on graype. I'm a level 11 wizard at the moment. I was hoping to find people crazy enough (like me) who would run this wlite at level. :-) hit me up.
    Will do - I'll see about doing a few not-for-XP trials on Macksheen; my project character is Tunguska (artificer 13) and he's the one I want to hit for the streak.